Sparks

Sparks

"Catch!" 

 

One of Yuto's friend threw him a soccer ball and he managed to catch it. They're inside the classroom since it's already time for the last subject but their teacher isn't arriving yet. So he and his friends decided to play for a while. 

 

He threw back the ball and his friend caught it. "Is that what you got, Yuto?"

 

He laughed and caught the ball his friend threw him. This time, he felt that it was thrown harder. 

 

"Get ready for Yuto's great throw." Then, he threw the ball so hard. 

 

Instead of catching it, his friend dodged the ball. Unexpectedly, it hit Kei, the quiet and shy person who's a new second year student seated at the back corner of the room. He knew the impact was hard because he saw how Kei's head moved. 

 

He glanced at his friends who are exchanging looks. He looked at Kei and waited for a reaction. His brows furrowed when he saw Kei ignored them and picked up a book. 'Seriously?' 

 

He's about to smile when in just a matter of seconds, a book was flying toward him. Even though he's a bit shocked, he managed to moved away a bit to dodge the book. But he wished he didn't do that. 

 

Instead of hitting him, the book hit their teacher who just came in. His jaw dropped and he knew everyone inside the classroom had their mouth open too. 

 

Their teacher massaged the spot where the book hit him before facing the class with eyes flaring with anger. 

 

"Who threw that book?!" The teacher furiously asked. 

 

Still standing, Yuto glanced around and his eye caught Kei whose mouth is open and whose face is burning red. He found it cute so he unconsciously chuckled. 

 

"Nakajimaaaaaaa!" 

 

He was startled with their teacher's high-pitched voice. He knew he's in trouble so instead of facing the teacher, he quickly head toward Kei's seat, grabbed his classmate's hand and ran away the classroom. 

 

"H-hey!" Kei tried to stop him from running but he didn't let go. 

 

They already went out of the school. They reached an empty park. Yuto let go of Kei's hand and wiped his sweat.

 

"What are we doing here and..." Kei looked around and fixed his gaze at him. "Why did you bring me with you?" 

 

"Sorry!" Yuto laughed. "I don't know why we're here. I just knew that we're both in trouble so I ran and dragged you. It was you who threw the book right?" 

 

He saw Kei's face burn again which made him grin. His classmate nodded. "Yeah." 

 

"Was that supposed to hit me?" He raised his brow. 

 

His classmate nodded again and looked down. "I was just.... uhm... I just got irritated." 

 

He chuckled. "I didn't know you get irritated." 

 

"I'm a human too, you know," Kei pouted a bit. 

 

He bit his lip and immediately pulled his classmates cheeks. "You're really cute!" He felt the cheeks he was holding get warm. "See! You're even blushing!" 

 

Kei pulled away his hands. "Hey! Stop that! You've been physically abusing me since earlier." 

 

He laughed. "Sorry!" 

 

Yuto noticed the sun that is setting. He clapped both of his hands. "We can see the sunset from here!" With eyes fixed on the sun that is setting, he held Kei's hand and went to a position where they can clearly see the sun as it sets. 

 

He didn't let go of his classmate's hand and when their arms touched, he felt a sudden electricity. 

 

"Ouch!" They both moved away from each other. 

 

"What was that?" Yuto asked while in a state of shock and amusement. 

 

Kei rubbed his own arm. "Uhm.... sparks?" He unconsciously answered. 

 

Yuto laughed because of that. "Sparks? Does that mean we have sparks?" 

 

 

Kei punched Yuto's arm as the younger laughs. "Stop talking about that!"

 

The younger just shook his head. "I just... can't believe that we became close because of that!" 

 

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "You can't recover from that incident huh?" 

 

"Aww, baby you're being adorable again." Yuto hugged him tightly and laughed. 

 

He felt his cheeks get warm. "Stop laughing and stop calling me baby! I'm older than you." 

 

"What do you want me to call you? Babe? Darling? Sweetheart? Love?" 

 

Yuto's grin is getting wide while Kei's glare is getting sharp. 

 

The younger cupped Kei's cheeks. "Oh! I know! I'll just call you mine." Then he winked. 

 

Kei bit a grin and pushed Yuto's face. "You're so naughty." 

 

Yuto grinned and stood up from the bench they're seated. He held out his hand. "Let's go." 

 

Kei placed his hand on the younger's and stood up. Yuto held his hand tight and started walking inside the amusement park. It is Saturday. Since they're studying at a different university and they already miss each other, they decided to have a date.

 

"So where do we start?" Yuto asked. 

 

Kei looked at him. "Anywhere except for rollercoasters." 

 

The younger smirked. "Let's start with the rollercoaster!" 

 

He removed his hand from Yuto's hold. "Go by yourself then." 

 

"Noooo!" Yuto exclaimed. "We'll go together." 

 

All of a sudden, Yuto turned around and dragged both of his arms then encircled those around the younger's neck.Then, his boyfriend grabbed his thighs and ran. "Your first ride will be a piggyback ride on your beloved Yuto Nakajimaaaaaaa!" 

 

"Put me down!" He exclaimed while slapping the younger's hand on his thigh while one of his arms is hooked on the younger's neck. 

 

Instead of putting him down, Yuto just laughed and ran faster until they reached the largest rollercoaster in the park. The younger didn't put him down and immediately entered the line. 

 

"Put me down," he whispered while glancing at the people giving the two of them weird looks. He's a guy and another guy is carrying him at the back! His face burned out of embarrassment. 

 

"No, you might run away." Yuto glanced at him and smiled. 

 

"I won't," he promised. "Just put me down." 

 

Yuto put him down and pulled him to let him stand in front. Then, the younger placed his hands on his shoulders. 

 

He was about to face Yuto and tell the younger not to do that again when he saw how huge the rollercoaster is. His eyes widened when he saw how fast the ride is. 

 

"It will be okay!" Yuto chuckled. "I'm with you." 

 

"Yutoooooo," he whined. "I really don't want to ride that." 

 

"Oops! Too late." Yuto pushed him. 

 

They were welcomed by the staff. While they were being assisted, Kei was quiet. When Yuto held his hand, the younger felt how cold it was. 

 

"Ready?" Yuto teased Kei. 

 

He didn't respond. When the ride started to move, that's when the younger received a response. 

 

"Yutooooooooooo! Bring me down!" He shouted and squeezed the hand of the younger. "I'm gonna dieeeeee! Bring me dooooown!" 

 

Yuto squished his hand while laughing but he didn't stop shouting. "When will this crazy ride stoooop?!" 

 

When they finished the ride Kei strode away from Yuto but the younger followed while laughing. 

 

"Wait for meeee!" Yuto exclaimed. 

 

Kei stopped and was about to face the younger when he saw a ride. He grinned to himself. He took Yuto's hand. The younger was surprised by it but immediately frowned and when they reached a ride. 

 

"Revenge?" Yuto asked. 

 

"Revenge," Kei confirmed. 

 

Kei pushed Yuto to walk in the carousel while the younger is scowling. 

 

"Are you sure we're going to ride this?" Yuto asked while poking the nose of one of the horses. 

 

"Yup!" He grinned and hopped on the pink horse. 

 

The younger pouted and rode the white horse beside him. As soon as Yuto's already seated, he laughed. And he laughed louder when the carousel moved and the horses went up and down. 

 

"What?" Yuto grumpily asked. 

 

He pointed the younger. "You look like the pole! Thin and tall!" Then, he laughed. 

 

Kei enjoyed the carousel ride so much. On the other hand, Yuto just glared at him the whole ride. Yuto may be childish at times but he really hates carousel because Kei teases him whenever he's near a pole. 

 

Even though they teased each other their whole date, they both enjoyed. Now, they have to go home. Kei and Yuto's home are far apart. Yuto is staying at a condominium unit while Kei is staying at his aunt's house. 

 

They reached the train station. It was Yuto who needs to ride a train. They faced each other. 

 

"So, good bye?" Yuto asked. 

 

Kei nodded and intertwined their fingers. He leaned forward and kissed the younger's cheek. "Bye bye." 

 

He moved away and waved. Yuto showed him a sad smile. "Let's have another date next week." 

 

He nodded again. Yuto turned his back and started walking away. He watched the younger walk away. 

 

That is the man he loves. He loves Yuto so much that whenever he sees the younger walk away, he has the urge to go after him. But then, he knew that sometimes, hE has to let go. He believes that one day, his love will keep them together. 

 

He turned around and started walking away too. 

 

Then, he felt sparks in his hand. He jumped and turned around. He saw Yuto grinning at him. 

 

Without saying anything, the younger cupped his cheeks and kissed him repeatedly on the cheeks, nose, forehead, top of his head and his lips. "I love love love love love you so much!" Yuto said in between his kisses. 

 

Kei closed his eyes while smiling and feeling an overwhelming love flowing from his heart. "I love love love love love you too so much!"