Chapter 1

Innocent Love

 

Jay has everything in life that anyone wish for. Money, good best friends and school grades, parent who are doing well at work. That’s what everyone sees,  a lucky 18 yr boy. But do they know anything about his real life?

Being left alone most of the days. To a sleepless nights where nightmares hang around without anyone to comfort him whenever he wakes up sweating in the middle of the night. To a big long table with all kinds of food but doesn’t have the appetite to eat when he’s sitting alone with no one to share his day with.

Jay doesn’t have everything as it seems for the outside world. For him, he got nothing to be happy about. Just him facing the whole world.

 

As he walked the long road, heading to his abandoned house. He scanned the surrounding and take in the view. It’s getting colder at this time of year. He sees as people rushing back to home or wherever, thinking, if they have somewhere special they can go to. A place where they call home?

It would be nice to have someone that close to him, to share his thoughts, to share his heart aches and his everyday events. But sadly, he doesn’t have any.

He almost reached home. He huffed and took a deep breath before walking that little space to enter home but he stops. Jay turns back to the house next door. It is not big as much as his house, it’s small but looks more cozy than his but the people that were living there moved a month ago but now he could see that the house is already occupied “Oh, We have new neighbors”  Jay smiles, feeling good about this new transferred neighbor. With light heartedly feelings he walks back home.

 

It’s the courtesy of the people, whenever there are new neighbors, the oldest must greet them and welcome them to their neighborhood. Jay somehow felt obliged to do so. As he walked with rice cakes made by his maid. He struts to the next door, smiling widely.

He laughed at himself before knocking on the door for his stupid un explainable happiness. He didn’t know why he felt that way, it was really strange feeling when he used to be crumby most of the time. But, he had a good feeling about this.

“yaaaaas… Wait a second” Jay started getting nervous when he heard a lady, girl voice coming from behind the door and his heart started to dance against his chest. He shook his head to get his composure back and forced himself to stop smiling so cheekily as the door opened to a stunning beautiful girl smiling back at him “Hi.. You must be the next door neighbor.. right”.

The girl opened the girl wider and stood full in front of him but Jay was not responding yet and instead he was staring at the striking beauty in front of him “Well.. I’m Jessica.. You?” she raised a hand for a hand shake when then Jay realized what he was doing, standing like a statue in front his new neighbor. But he’s not to blame when apparently his neighbor was this much of a beauty, he’s never seen in his life.

Shyly, Jay raised his hands to take her hands in a warm awkward shake “Sorry..I’m Jay... Yeah.. new, I mean, I’m your neighbor” Jay started stuttering nervously and turned to show Jessica which one is his house “That’s my house, over there…” He said and massaged the back of his neck.

“Oh the biggest in the neighborhood I guess… Seems nice” Jessica smiled, looking from the house to Jay“ You seem nice” She awkwardly sent a smile to Jay making him more nervous and birds chirping inside his stomach.

Jay handed her the rice cake after remembering he was holding them still, welcoming her and wishing her a good stay in their neighborhood. All with this shy nervous smile painted on his lips. He hardly managed to talk and then to say goodbye as he dragged his leg back to his house.

Everyone looked shocked when Jay got home with a big wide cheesy smile on his face. He almost jumped of happiness after meeting his new neighbor. The day was perfect and Jay just didn’t want it to end.

Jay took his phone from above his study table in his bed room and started typing a message to his online friend “Mei”..

 

Jay To bunny:

       Heyyyyyyyyy bunny, You won’t believe what I saw… She’s the most stunning, beautiful, gorgeos girl I’ve ever seen…

 

Srsly, I dunno how I’ve never met her… Wae just now 0.o

At least I did..

 

Bunny To Jay:

Yaah, Stop spamming me with your nonsense

Who’s she and since when she’s prettier than me

You’re such a bad boy.. Liar..

You said I’m the most beautiful in the world

 

JayTo Bunny:

Oh shiiit, sorry..

You are beautiful but she is ….

I think I’m in love.

 

 

Bunny To Jay:

OMG, This is my first time hearing you say you’re in love.. who is she?

 

Jay to Bunny:

New neighbor and her name is Jessica…. Isn’t it a beautiful name too

 

Bunny To Jay:

Oh shut up, next you’ll make Chu chu with her

 

Jay to Bunny:

Yaaaaaaackkkkkkk, No… We still don’t know each other

And maybe she’s taken

Oh, I hope she’s not

 

Bunny to Jay:

Hahahahahhahaahha Jay in love and will make chuchu

 

Jay to Bunny:

ShutUp.. Don’t say that..

Yahh stop

 

Bunny To Jay:

 Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

 

Jay To bunny:

OMG.. Bye

Don’t talk to me ever again

I hate you

 

Bunny To Jay:

 Chuuuuuuuuuu chuuuuuuuuuuuuuu baby bear hahaha

Can’t wait to see you kissing

 

 

 

“OMG She’s crazy” Jay logged out from the chat room and throws his phone on his phone, feeling embarrassed after his friend’s teasing. He can feel his cheeks burning hot and his heart beat raising and he got no idea how to fix it for it’s his first time to feel that way.

 

Jay spent the morning on watching horror movies and playing some online games. It was boring to stay alone home and he didn’t like to call on his other friends to stay with him. It was already vacation. After graduating and most of them are planning for their future universities but for him, everything was already settled by his parents.

After getting bored of playing, He decides to go for a walk. It was already after noon and before the sun will set, he wanted to have a nice calming walk with some hopes hiding deep in his mind.

Jay walks by his new neighbor house but it looked so quiet. He sighed and moved on to walk on the side walk. Cars coming and going, kids playing, some are jogging. He found happiness in seeing the smile on other people, strangers, faces.

He walks and guess, those peoples stories. The lady who held her son hand and nervously walking  fast to the other side “She must had a fight with her husband” Jay thought..

Another girl was passing by, she was his age and held a phone to her ear and smiling widely. The thought of her talking to her boyfriend made him smile widely too as he remembered his new neighbor.

“Oh sorry, sorry..” Jay apologized when he accidentally hit someone’s shoulder while not being careful. He bowed apologetically.

“It’s okay..” the other said and as Jay heard the voice while still bowing, the voice sounded so familiar. He raised his head to see his new neighbor picking up a plastic bag from the floor.

“Oh My.. I’m sorry…” He apologized again and leaned down to help her pick up her grocery “sorry,, I’m so clumsy sometimes” Jay apologized again and flushed a little when accidentally his hand touched hers.

“Oh, It’s you..” Suddenly Jessica looked at Jay and remembered him “My neighbor …” She smiled as she addressed him as her neighbor “Oh, sorry..It’s Jay right..”.

“aww.. hehehe yeah” Jay stood up as both finished picking up Jessica grocery and put it inside the plastic bag “Yeah, yeah .. Jay” He stuttered shyly.

Jessica smiled “Nice to meet you again..”

“Nice to meet you again too” Jay started feeling his cheeks burning once again and he wanted to find anything to hide behind before she notice him..

“Are you.. Going somewhere..” She asked first breaking the awkward silence.

Jay shook his head immediately “No.. just walking around, was lil bored” He again massaged the back of his neck, a habit he always does when he’s shy.

“Can I .. Can I walk with you” It took him by surprise when Jessica asked him. Jay opened his eyes wide, not believing what she just asked.

“W-what…?”