The End

Looking to the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Seokjin was the light at the end of his tunnel.

 Namjoon was his reason to live.

 Five years ago Namjoon met Jin on what he called a sad day. The sky was gray and covered with clouds. It was drizzling outside, turning his once thriving garden into slush. Taking a stroll through the city was like walking through a black and white painting. Everything seemed to have lost its color. Even when he looked in the mirror, Namjoon's eyes only met with a distressed face contorted by pain. His legs were numb from wandering all day. He wanted to return home but no one would be there waiting for him. Not anymore, at least. The tall boy stood, staring at the large billboard screaming for any passerby to look at it. The couple advertised on it was so happy, it made him feel sick to the stomach. Namjoon almost forgot how to smile. He couldn't express any happiness because all he felt was empty. Tired and alone on the quiet streets.

 "I'm so sorry!"

 Someone had ran into him, head colliding with his chin. Namjoon glared at the bowing figure as he hissed in pain. He never had a chance to scold the stranger. No, one look at his face, the endless emotions in his eyes, and he almost stopped breathing. He stood there without blinking, letting the other's fingertips brush gently along his bruised skin. Wherever the boy touched, Namjoon felt like he was on fire.

 Namjoon fell in love for the second time in his life that day. He swore to himself that this time- this time he would cherish this boy forever.

 Seokjin didn't know how to react to the man's unnerving eyes. "You're drenched," he pointed out with an amused grin. The stranger seemed to nod slightly without ever averting his gaze. "Come," Jin said, pulling the boy by the arm. He felt guilty; he wanted to help him. That was it and nothing more. How he found himself being pressed down onto his own couch with the younger male hovering above him a few hours later, Jin didn't know.

 All Namjoon saw in the weeks after he met Jin was light. He saw colors and he felt happiness. The older boy led him back onto the right path of life. Such a cliché story about love at first sight. If anyone had repeated their story to him, Namjoon wouldn't believe it either.

 "You are like the clouds, baby," Jin had said. "You're always somewhere else. What would you do without me?"

 At the time, he had scoffed. Namjoon never thought that one day he would really have to figure out how to cope with the missing half of his soul.

 Jin loved the sky. He would stay up from sunset to sunrise just to experience the full course. Namjoon often spent time outside with him but rarely lasted until the first little specks of light appeared at dawn. They fell asleep under the stars of the countryside. Jin had insisted that they escape from the busy city life and skies clouded with pollution.

 "My halmoni told me that when people die, they turn into stars." Jin's smile was the most beautiful thing in the world. "I wish that I become one when I die. That way you won't have to go out of your way to visit me, all you have to do is look at the sky."

  Namjoon hated the sky. He was jealous of the stars. They were so close to the brightest one yet he was so far away. Some nights his inevitable insomnia would take over and he was forced to sit outside and stare at the sky. No matter how far he moved, it would always follow him. Namjoon wanted to forget about him so badly but all he could see was Jin's smiling face - even when he closed his eyes.

 Jin enjoyed the feeling of freedom. Not being held back by anything or anyone. He took risks and there was no changing his mind when he decided to do something. This rashness of his caused him and Namjoon to be stuck in a mountain with barely any food or water for almost two days.

 "Quit being a wimp, Kim Namjoon. We're almost to the top," Jin said, jumping excitedly. "Hurry! You can really see the clouds from there."

 These days Namjoon didn't have much time to be an adventurous youth. He spent most of his time in an orderly office working a white collar job. Whenever he drove past the mountain they used to climb, Namjoon would have to resist the urge to sprin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter