Fin

That Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is how I imagine Yifan and Chanyeol in this fic, yeah.

 

Second days on December and the snow is falling heavily outside. There's no sign of it letting up anytime soon, and Chanyeol thinks to himself, What am I doing out in this kind of weather? Truth is, he got more than a little annoyed with his roommate who shamelessly made out in his bed with the college’s jock, Jongin, and decided to leave it to wherever the hell he could get to.

Turns out, the college's auditorium isn't that far from his dorm, and with the snow showing no sign of letting up, and because it's actually freaking cold outside, why the hell not?

He pushes the doors open, surprised that the auditorium is one of the buildings that always remains open. He makes his way inside, pulling his gloves off of his hands and shoving them into his pockets before pulling his hands to his face and cupping them around his mouth, blowing warm breath into them. His fingers could fall off at any second, he thinks.

The building’s quiet and cold, but definitely not as cold as it is outside, so he pushes further into it, entering the main room where the stage is. The lights are on, and there's music, soft and sweet, and Chanyeol finds his attention drawn to center-stage. In the middle sits a man, light blonde hair, pale skin, red cable knit sweater and what looks like an old black skinny jeans. But this barely even registers for Chanyeol, because the music coming from the instrument that's cradled under his chin sounds like it could be from heaven itself.

The man sways as he pulls the bow across the taut strings of the violin, not even noticing that Chanyeol had entered the hall of the auditorium, seeing as how his back is turned toward him. He taps his foot along with the music, obviously lacking a metronome, or because he prefers to tap his foot along, and then, he starts singing, almost too quietly, and Chanyeol's knees absolutely do not go weak.

His voice is smooth and, hell, beautiful, and Chanyeol wants to be right on that stage with him, playing along with him, but it's not like he brought his guitar with him. What kind of fool would drag their guitar along with them in a small snow storm if they really hadn't any plans to play it in the first place? So instead, Chanyeol moves closer toward the stage and takes the seat closest to him, and just watches the man play his violin, and listens to him sing.

He watches his fingers move along the neck of the violin, the bow sliding across the strings, and how his bangs hangs loosely in his face when he slightly turns toward Chanyeol, but it shields his eyes, and he's turning away again.

"With you by my side, I finally stopped wandering aimlessly…" It's almost too soft, but Chanyeol can still make out the words, and he can't help but to hum along with the song, tapping his foot against the floor along with the man's, and before he knows it, he's singing the words along with the man.

And then the man freezes, pulls the bow away from the violin, and Chanyeol throws his hand over his mouth as the man turns to face him, dropping the violin at his side. His eyes are wide, and amber ­- , they're really amber - and his small mouth opens and closes as if he's trying to speak. And Chanyeol, Chanyeol can't even begin to think about forming words, because this man staring at him is just, wow. He's beautiful; almond shaped eyes with soft, blonde hair, almost ethereal looking. The man straightens out and his eyes narrow at Chanyeol as he holds the bow out toward Chanyeol, pointing at him with it.

"W-who are you, and what are you doing here?"

Chanyeol stands and moves toward the stage, staring up at the man with his hands slipped into his jeans pocket, and if he thought the man's singing voice was amazing, then he was definitely shocked now, because he really hadn't expected this voice to come out of someone so frail looking. It's low, smooth, and , it's great.

"Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Sorry for interr-"

"Oh, you’re my brother's roommate," the man's eyebrows raise and he bends over to put his violin in its case, putting the bow along with it, and he snaps it closed, grasping the handle before he stands.

"What?"

"Shixun, he's my brother. Fussy, and sometimes annoying. I can only guess why you're out in this storm, seeing as how you're rooming with him," he smiles at Chanyeol, and Chanyeol's heart does not melt whatsoever, no matter what anyone says.

Chanyeol laughs softly and brings his hand up to run at the back of his neck, shrugging.

"Yeah, the guy gets pretty.. disturbing, in the room. I just had to get away from him for a little while, and I thought I'd come here. I didn't expect to find anyone else here though."

The man smiles again and moves to the end of the stage, taking the stairs down to join Chanyeol in the front to stand beside him. He's shorter than Chanyeol, by few inches, and when Chanyeol moves closer without really meaning to, the man smells good. Like vanilla and jasmine, and God, it smells amazing.

"Yifan," the man holds his hand out toward Chanyeol, and Chanyeol reciprocates, gripping it firmly and giving it a firm shake.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful man, hm?"

Yifan's cheeks color slightly, the red definitely bringing out his eyes just a little bit more, and Chanyeol smiles, hardly able to contain the joy that yeah, he had definitely made this guy blush, just from giving him an honest statement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter