Final

Home Is Where The Soul Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years ago

“Lu, you have to be a good boy okay? Just listen to them and don’t fight back. If you do that, I promise that one day we’ll get out of here together okay?” The young boy looked up at the other, his doe-like eyes filled with hope.

“Really Sehun-ah? You promise?” He was smiling now, something Sehun rarely saw since they were taken. Sehun nodded solemnly and put his dirty little hands to the boy’s face, cupping it gently.

“I promise hyung. One day we’ll leave this place and go back home.” It was all he could say before Luhan was taken into a room at the back of the house. Sehun would wait until it was over so Luhan could come back to his arms. He’d comfort him and place a kiss on every part of his defiled body, erasing the marks and pain with his lips. It was a bitter taste but it helped Luhan and that was all that mattered. They only had each other after all in a house filled with wicked men and young boys that were as unfortunate as they were. This was no orphanage. It was a torture house.

 

Three years ago 

It didn’t take long for Sehun to realise what was wrong with him. The real problem was hiding it from Luhan and staying alive long enough to ensure his safety and keep his promise to the boy. It started off with vomiting, at meal times and even randomly, he’d run to the bathroom to pour out what little contents he had in his stomach. Soon after came the intolerable fevers and aches. Still, work must go on and he often passed out before he could finish with his customers. Somehow, it turned them on even more. ing sick bastards. It was all confirmed when sores and rashes began appearing on his skin. Master would always cover it with cheap make up but Sehun didn’t mind since Luhan was oblivious. He had contracted AIDS. Nothing was done to treat him and he knew it was only a matter of time before he was a goner. That was when he decided he’d survive long enough to take Luhan away on his sixteenth birthday.

Two years later

“Sehun-ah, I can’t do this anymore. Not again. You don’t-“ he was cut off by the pair of lips he’d grown to love and find comfort in. Sehun’s long, pale fingers wiped Luhan’s tears away as his pink flesh left Luhan’s trembling cold ones.

“Where would you like to go on your sixteenth birthday, Lu? Its tomorrow, you know. Tell me. I’ll carry you anywhere.” He smiled painfully and it made him nauseous. It was a question he’d been asking Luhan since they’d first gotten here, five years ago and now, he’d finally found a way out.

Luhan chuckled, his voice hoarse from the lack of nutrients they’d been getting. It was only a matter of time until Luhan’s body gave out on itself. He was nothing more than a skeleton covered in ghastly, pale skin. “Home. I just want to go back home.” Sehun nodded. He knew the answer already. He’d heard it countless times but he also knew there was no home. Not anymore.

“Tomorrow, I promise.” With those words, he watched Luhan’s back get smaller until he disappeared behind the door. Sehun had his client earlier and his body was still sore. There was something wet against his pants as he sat on the cold hard floor and he dare not check, knowing it was either blood or or maybe both.  He knew that that particular customer was rough and was a sick bastard who preferred twinks, more specifically Luhan, but he’d begged Master to take the job and to let Luhan have another client. It was something he’d done over and over again to protect the boy. No matter how much Luhan was used and abused, he’d always be pure in Sehun’s eyes.

 Day 1

How long had it been since he’d seen the sunlight or anything to do with the outside world? It was a rhetorical question obviously. Too long to even count. Luhan stood in the middle of a street in a fairly nice neighbourhood. There were small family homes lining both sides of the street with trees on the pavements, providing shade for the pedestrians. He looked up at the clear blue sky and inhaled deeply, smiling as the clean air rushed into his lungs. He was finally home. There was a familiar ringing sound in the distance behind him and he turned slowly as the laughter of children broke the comforting silence. His mouth hung open at the sight and his legs moved before his brain could even think. “Mister Choi!!!” he screamed out as he eventually caught up to the cart, gasping for breath. He was really out of shape.

“Lulu! My dear little Lu. Look how big you’ve gotten! I haven’t seen you in ages! How have you been son?” the old man asked as he handed different ice creams to the storm of eager children.

“Good! Great, actually! I haven’t felt this good since... I don’t even know.” He laughed loudly, his face crinkling weirdly to reveal deep lines that almost made him look as old as the greying man behind the ice cream cart.

“That’s great son. I’m so glad. Welcome home.” The elder smiled warmly and handed Luhan an orange flavoured icicle, his favourite. “Its on the house,” he winked to the very grateful Luhan who nodded and immediately peeled back the bright green wrapper to reveal the orange delicacy which he devoured, savouring every bite.

“Thank you, uncle,” he bowed gratefully, smiling as he wiped off some of the juice that had run down the sides of his mouth with the back of his hand.

Day 2

Luhan found himself on the road once again but this time, he was sitting on the pavement, under the shade of a small tree. He looked up, squinting as rays of sunlight streamed down onto him from between the leaves. It was almost a heavenly sight. Mr. Choi was wheeling his cart to his usual spot when he spotted Luhan and stopped. “Deep thinking?” he called out to the boy who jumped, shaken out of his thoughts about nothing in particular.

“No,” he smiled brightly before continuing. “I was just admiring the beauty of nature.” He once again accepted the orange icicle that he was given by the elder. “Thank you uncle.”

“You’re welcome son. You know, beauty is everywhere you look. Even in the most horrible things, you can find beauty. This place is so beautiful, its almost scary isn’t it?” He looked around and laughed and Luhan stopped eating to look up at the man, slightly confused.

“I think its great,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter