Ch.3

Lies,Family,Truth,Love

Dear Diary,

It's been a week since I officially joined the family, the awkwardness within the family has disappeared bit by bit. I’m getting use to my job as a manager as well, but who knows, I’ve only gone through the basics. Since my met with Minho, I’ve actually gotten closer to him, tomorrow I’m suppose to meet up with him at this cafe, well I probably should head off to bed now so I can be refreshed for tomorrow, for now goodnight.

YoungJi closed her diary and went off to bed. In the morning when she awoke, she got straight up went to the bathroom and grabbed the outfit she had picked out yesterday, all though it wasn't an official date, she was still happy to just sit and chat with him. After she got dressed she went downstairs kissed Haraboji and Halmeoni goodbye and left, although she didn't want her own personal driver, Haraboji had almost begged her to take the offer. She hopped into the car and headed towards Seouls number one cafe. Upon arriving she noticed Minho was already seated and was waiting for her, she rushed over and apologized for being a bit late. During the whole time Minho and Youngji just talked and talked, Minho got to know Youngji better and Youngji got to know Minho better. Minho had always been her ideal type but the better she knew Minho the more she liked him, not just his looks, but his intelligence as well.

“We should get going, I'll take you back to Rose corporation, I have a meeting with Jackson.” Minho said waving for the bill. Youngji didn't want to leave, she wished they could do this all the time, but rumor has it Minho already has a girlfriend. After paying the bill Minho took Youngji back to the company.

“Well thank you for the meal, hopefully we can do this again.” Youngji said waving bye and getting off the elevator. As she walked to her office she noticed Hana had returned from her trip. Let’s say this Hana always thought she was better than everyone else, she tried to get with Sung-min but he turned her down, since then she's been saying she lost interest in Sung-min. Youngji walked in of course she made eye contact with Hana, Hana had her devil glare on and oh trust me you never want to cross her. Youngji walked into her office and shut the door tight, Youngji know what was going to happen already.

“Yah Youngji you think you're so high, did you finish my work I left you when I was gone.” Hana said coming in and slamming the door.

“Hana as you can see I’m no longer….”

“Yah what did you do sleep with one of the boys and then blackmailed them to give you a better position or else you’d tell.” Hana said cutting me off.

“Hana I didn't do any of…..”

“Its okay, dont have to tell me but guess what I’ll never fall for that fake innocent image.”Hana said slamming the door shut again. Oh gosh when fighting with Hana everyone loses because she never lets anyone finish explaining themselves. Youngji just sat down and decided to start working again.

(knock,knock)

“YoungJi, Haraboji is here, he wants to see all of us.” Sungmin said opening the door.

“Yeh.” I said closing the laptop and heading out. I could tell every especially Hana was staring, It hadn't hit everyone that I was apart of Park family now. I walked upstairs and headed into the office. Everyone was there I guess Sung-min and I were the last to arrive.

“Haraboji what is it.” Youngji said while sitting down, she had gotten use to the idea of not waiting for them to tell her to sit.

“YoungJi, I have good news for you and Jackson.”Haraboji said with a big smile. YoungJi thought it was weird, it wasn't all the grandchildren but just me and Jackson.

“Youngji, I’ve talked to your uncle and Jackson’s parents and we’ve decided to WED you guys!” The minute those words came out Youngji couldn't hide her shock, Jackson on the other head didn't even react, was he really okay with all this Youngji thought.

“Haraboji, but, but..”I couldn't finish my sentence I could already see Harabojis face change.

“Is something wrong?” Haraboji said looking serious again.

“Nothing can I just have time to think this all through.” YoungJi said, Haraboji’s face lit up again, as he now knew she was considering it. After the talk everyone left but Jackson had asked me to stay behind, probably to talk about this.

“Jackson…” Youngji started before getting cut off.

“This Wedding are you going to agree.” Jackson said staring me down. I mean of course I didn't want it to happen, but Haraboji was just so happy.

“I dont know, what about you?” YoungJi said sitting down and taking a sip of water.

“Me please, I would rather be 50 and single than marry you.” Jackson said laughing, wow that was kinda harsh Youngji thought in her head.

“Alright well what are we gonna do now?” Youngji asked looking at Jackson.

“4 letters.” Jackson said smiling, Youngjis’s face was confused, 4 letters what did he mean she thought.

“Oh gosh F-A-K-E.” Jackson said, Youngjis face was still confused.

“Fake….Fake it.”Jackson said laughing.

“How?” Youngji asked.

(knock,knock)

“Ill tell you later.” He said getting up.”Come in.” He said walking to the door, the person who entered wasn't just a normal person, she was tall, skinny and did I mention pretty.

“Oh Youngji this it Subin, Lee Subin, Subin this is my Gomo’s daughter Youngji.” He said pointing at me. I bowed to her and shook her hand.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Jackson said, while Youngji was shocked, girlfriend, how was that possible, this whole time nobody knew he had a girlfriend, not even Haraboji, Youngji thought in her head.

“Well I’ll take my leave now.” Youngji said leaving, Youngji went down to the Accounting floor and ran into Sung-Mins’s office.

“Yahh, Jackson has a girlfriend?”Youngji said out of breath and slamming the door.

“Yeh, why?” Sung-Min said shutting the binder he had in his hand.

“So why does Haraboji want me to marry him then.” Youngji said sitting down trying to catch her breath.

“Haraboji doesn't like her.” Sung-Min said laughing and getting up to get a cup of water for Youngji.

“His always said he never felt she was right for Jackson.” Sungmin said handing Youngji the cup.

“I guess he wants to try to force Jackson away from her, by having him marry you.” Sung-min said taking a seat and laughing at the site of Youngji.

“But what's that gonna change, you can't force a person away.” Youngji said gulping down water in a minute.

“Well what are you going to do?” Sung-min said looking intensely at Youngji, at that moment Youngji remembered Jackson's word about it being fake, well I guess I’ll just have to wait tell tonight to find out the answer.

“ I dont know I still have to think about it.” Youngji said not knowing how to answer his question. YoungJi left the office and went straight to her office, all though she was there, she couldn't focus, she was think about Jackson’s word, by the time she knew it, it was already 9pm.

(knock,knock)

“Yeh come in.”Youngji said shutting off her stuff.

“Are you done yet, if you are come down.” Jackson said opening the door. Youngji hurried to shut off everything and pack up. She went downstairs and saw Jackson’s car waiting for her, once she got in the driver took off, not in the direction of home though. They arrived at a little beach side restaurant, once Youngji got out she could smell the scent of the ocean, she followed Jackson to the restaurant, they were seated outside where nobody could disturb them.

“Here look at this.” Jackson said handing her a piece of paper, on top of it, it read Fake Marriage Contract, YoungJi’s face was clueless, so when he meant FAKE he meant this, Youngji thought in her head.

“If you read it, I’ve made it pretty fair, I’ll tell you the truth, I’m not breaking up with Subin, but I want Haraboji off my back, so the simple solution.” Jackson said. Simple, this was simple, I’m basically faking my whole life, Youngji thought in her head.

“Read over it, anything that needs to be changed you can tell me, but tonight you have to sign it and then tomorrow, we'll tell Haraboji were going to get married.” Jackson said while waving the waiter over to order. Youngji read the contract up and down, to be honest it was actually pretty fair for both ends, but never in her wildest dreams did she ever dream of lying to her Haraboji. After ordering and think it through she decided for her Haraboji’s happiness she would sign it.

“Thats good, now this contract will last a year, after a year we can him it didn't work out or something along the lines of that.” Jackson said putting the paper back in the envelope. Yeh he's so bossy, gosh, Youngji thought in her head. After dinner they headed off home, upon arriving Haraboji was so happy to see Youngji and Jackson together.

"Haraboji I’m tired I’m going to leave first.” Youngji said while going upstairs. After her shower she sat on her bed, would she be able to actually pull this through, what if they got caught, after thinking about Youngji started to regret it, but it was too late, she already signed her name on it, this was the turn of something new for her, a totally new life.