Final

i will become yours (and you will become mine)

 

they are planning something.

the rest of the members have been aloof lately, jimin notices. and he knows it's about him. they are bad at keeping secrets, anyway.

and jimin knows it's serious when taehyung becomes involved. taehyung's loyalty to jimin becomes non-existent when juicy secrets are involved.

jimin wants in on the secret, too. but alas, his most trusted friend chose to bail out on jimin which for him, especially in a crisis like this.

jimin really really wants in on the secret because what fun is it when you're the only one being left out? to think jimin has established his role as one of the most trusted members. this is just baffling.

so he turns to his ever loving boyfriend to squeeze out the happening around the dorm.

jimin had just woken up to mind-blowing the night before. he had put on the sweats that cling to his thighs beautifully and he opted to wear no shirt to expose his beautiful abdomen and his clavicles.

(it has taken a long time for yoongi to make jimin realize his body was perfect and that his flaws are what makes him beautiful and that yoongi doesn't just love jimin, he loves everything the boy is and more. a lot of tedious and mind-numbing and body-worshipping from yoongi pays off in the end, but the kid ends up getting too confident and learns how to use his body against yoongi. oh, what a creature he had made. tsk.)

he takes his time making breakfast for the other members especially yoongi and he even made the table and prepared their utensils without seokjin hyung's help.

wait.

it's already 7 in the morning and seokjin hasn't even made an appearance in the kitchen yet. was namjoon hyung too rough again last night?

just then, yoongi comes rushing out of their room all bathed and dressed up to go somewhere. he rushes to the door as if he's late for an appointment, or whatever.

jimin rushes to the door to keep yoongi from leaving, because he had just made breakfast, thank you very much, and he wouldn't want to waste his effort if yoongi wasn't going to eat.

"where are you going?" jimin inquired impatiently. he blocks the doorway with his arms stretched laterally.

oh god, yoongi thinks. he has to stop staring at jimin's exposed body and biceps if he doesn't want to pop a right in the middle of the hallway. he opts to look down at his sneakers and proceeds to approach the door.

"i need to go somewhere. and i'm late."

"then let me come with you!" jimin pouts. "just wait for me to get dressed and we'll go together, alright?"

yoongi, as if under a spell cast by jimin's pout and cuteness, nods fervently and gives way to jimin. when the younger leaves, the spell becomes broken and yoongi rushes out the door to leave the dorm. he wipes his nape out of relief just in time as the company car arrives and fetches yoongi for their destination.

jimin comes out with his shirt all crumpled and his shoes not even tied up because he heard the closing of the door.

jimin boils in petulance. no for a week, he smiles devilishly.

-

seokjin is easier to corner than yoongi because the older was cooking for the group when jimin approaches him.

"hyung." jimin smiles widely at seokjin.

yoongi has already warned seokjin about jimin wanting to know what's happening. the thing about seokjin is, when he is trusted with a secret, he will do everything in his power to stay away from the topic.

"yes, jimin?" seokjin sends a small smile in jimin's way.

"you know what, hyung. spill." jimin's smile holds an undercurrent of something secretive.

but seokjin is smarter.

"okay fine, you got me. i heard from a little birdie that someone is making a song for you and he doesn't want anyone to know, but let's keep this secret, yeah?" seokjin turns to jimin with a hopeful smile.

and jimin takes the bait. hook, line, sinker.

"really, hyung?" jimin's eyes sparkle and he starts getting giddy by the minute.

"yeah." seokjin turns back to his cooking.

yoongi so owes him a tub of chocolate ice cream and a new pair of shoes.

yoongi is relieved to know that the one week ban has been lifted.

-

hoseok is hard to corner and even harder to approach especially when he and taehyung team up to cause trouble. they're almost always together and anyone with taehyung is a match made in hell.

they're too giddy and loud and hyperactive and jimin can't make them stay at one place and have a proper conversation.

"success is counted sweetest by those who never succeed-"

"-it is the east and juliet is the sun-"

"-the quality of mercy is not strain'd-"

"-o my luve's like a red red rose-"

"-i die, i faint, i fail-"

jimin runs his hand through his hair in annoyance because hoseok and taehyung are having a literary piece-off on the either side of the practice room. yes, they are shouting line after line to each other. in separate. ends. of. the. room. what's worse is that only jimin and the two eggheads are in the practice room and jimin is smack dab in the middle of the two warring idiots and he can't take it anymore.

jimin gets up and groans loudly, enough for both parties to halt their voices.

jimin stomps as he exists the room and enters the adjacent bangtan room.

hoseok and taehyung high-fives each other.

-

yoongi is out, again. and jimin is miserable.

jimin misses his boyfriend. he misses his best friend, too. taehyung has been awol with yoongi and their secret-keeping has gone into an almost extreme level that jimin has only seen now.

the rest of the members are at home because of a day-off and everyone just wants to laze around or sleep.

except ing jeon jungkook.

it started when jimin announced he'll find yoongi and taehyung.

jungkook started doing random with jimin like drawing a portrait of him, or setting up the camera to do a bomb with jimin, and the worst: randomly dancing to girl group songs.

it's not that jimin doesn't want to do those things. he does, really, and especially with jungkook. but he really needs to know where yoongi and taehyung had gone.

this is sounding a bit absurd when jimin runs it over and over again in his head. it's more like yoongi is cheating on him with taehyung and had jungkook cover for them.

well, he'll just have to find out from jungkook.

jungkook had just ended one song and he's still recovering when jimin turned the speakers off.

"jeon jungkook." said male shivers in fear.

"yes, hyung?" jungkook puts on a brave smile.

"do you know something about yoongi hyung and taehyung?" jimin inquires. he tilts his head and widens his eyes and does this cute puppy dog face that he knows jungkook isn't gonna refuse.

the effect is instantaneous. "no hyung! it's just, they're planning something for you! and it's-"

"jungkook!"

both men were startled at the new voice. it was namjoon. and he was sending daggers towards the younger.

"don't mind him jiminie, okay?" namjoon shakes his head and herds jungkook into his room. "kids these days, you know?" namjoon chuckles and enters his room.

now jimin is 100% sure something is up and yoongi is the mastermind. maybe it's for his birthday! maybe jimin'll get to go to jeju island or somewhere overseas.

his mood instantly changes from miserable to happy-because-yoongi-is-planning-something-for-me in a second flat.

-

the thing with surprises, jimin learns, is that they never come when you expect them to. thus the word surprise.

it really surprises jimin when in his 28th birthday, no surprise, even just a tiny bit, takes place. his life monotonously carries on as if the no one remembers it's jimin's birthday- except for the fans, but they're a given. he's given a cake, which he had already seen in the fridge the night before, and a 'surprise' birthday party that everyone in bangtan gets when they turn a year older. so really, nothing else is a surprise.

except for the lack of surprise.

namjoon had already called for dibs on the shower back at home when seokjin announced that it's getting late. the others were packing up and completely ignoring jimin's internal debate when yoongi approaches him.

"what's gotten birthday boy so down, huh?" yoongi nudges jimin.

"nothing, hyung." jimin flashes a wide grin.

if this were another person, yoongi would have nodded and just left. but no, this is his boyfriend and he knows when something is up. he has seen the younger so antsy as if waiting for something to happen.

"i know what you're thinking. you think this is maybe the worst birthday ever because nothing's out of the ordinary, like it's just any other day. am i right, or am i right?" yoongi smirks. he knows jimin way too well.

jimin huffs and continues to pick up pieces of confetti on the ground. he kneels and goes to grab one when he feels his hand being held and he is hauled up in a standing position. he momentarily loses his balance because of the abrupt movement but he regains it quickly. he looks around and sees yoongi in front of him looking at jimin like he's the happiest he's ever been in his life.

yoongi wouldn't argue with jimin about that.

all the other members have stopped what they're doing and jungkook has the camera on for some reason.

for the first time in a long time, jimin doesn't know what to do so he opts for flailing his arms and flushing an adorable color.

yoongi clears his throat and starts.

"i'm not the best person in the world." jimin rolls his eyes and the other members snicker. "i'm also not the most handsome, nor your first love. i can't take good care of myself when the time comes for producing songs. i have a sharp tongue, and oftentimes, i say things which hurt you really bad.

"but you take it all in stride and you make yourself a better person, not for the people, but for yourself. you always manage to make my day a bit brighter everybsingle time you smile, whether for me or for others. you're a selfless being and you take the craziest chances even if they are not worth it in the end. and i admire that about you.

"you're beautiful, park jimin. i have a long list of things to like about you but there's only one thing that makes me love you. i love you because you're park jimin. you're you. and i may not know a lot of things, even our future. i don't scare easily and i never back down from a challenge. but i only fear one thing, and that is to never spend the rest of my lifetime with you."

yoongi gets down on one knee and produces a small black box from his pocket. he opens the box to show the simple but beautiful ring inside and jimin is overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation he almost can’t breathe.

"will you take that fear away and marry me?"

jimin can't believe it.

he has been on his toes for a whole month because of this whole surprise and the moment he's finally let go of the idea, this comes right in his face.

now he understands why jungkook suddenly wanted to spend time with him and why namjoon seemed so nervous back then, why seokjin was constantly changing the subject, and why yoongi and taehyung spent almost every time together.

but there's no explanation as to why hoseok and taehyung were bellowing mating calls to one another with jimin as their middle man.

there's no reason at all.

jimin was close to thinking that yoongi was cheating on him with taehyung, taehyung out of all people, and they were blatantly shoving it on his face.

but jimin's never been so relieved and happy his whole life.

these whole ten years with yoongi were the most beautiful years he's had and spending it with not only the love of his life, but also his friends and bandmates will be uncomparable.

jimin smiles and he already knows what he's going to answer yoongi. it's just a matter of confirmation.

"of course, i will."

seokjin is tearing up and namjoon has his arms around the elder. taehyung and hoseok are standing side by side with their arms around each other's waist and big smiles on their faces and jungkook is barely keeping the camera upright while he wipes away tears that are escaping from his eyes. nevertheless, they are all happy and it's the only thing that matters.

this day may not be full of surprises initially, but this one surprise is enough to last them for a lifetime.

-

"hyung."

jimin just woke up from lying on his front for so long. it's getting harder to breathe.

yoongi looks at jimin by his side and the younger male's skin looks beautiful under the moonlight. his backside has never looked so pretty tainted with blooming pinks from last night's pounding.

"what." yoongi groans.

even if jimin looks exceptionally beautiful, it's still 2am in the ing morning and yoongi is not getting any younger and last night was 5 rounds of fun but he's tired and he needs his sleep.

"i want a big wedding."

"oh, ."

the sound of something hard banging on the wall wakes the other members up and yoongi is rubbing his head in disbelief.

he needs to get his savings going if he's gonna have a big wedding like jimin wants to.


 

For anon and for the 1k followers event @ bangtan-recs.tumblr.com!

 

Comment and upvote if your liked it and continue to support us in bangtan-recs by messaging us prompts and see them become stories!

Thank you!