Silent Concert

Silent Concert

The screams of thousands thousands of fangirls and boys was deafening. It was so loud in the arena concert hall that Jungyeon could feel the floor shake beneath her. She was more interested in the sound coming from the stage though.

Her favourite girl group ‘Major A’ were singing a remix of their debut album songs. Jungyeon was so close to the stage that she could make out every detail of the girls. This was one of the best experiences Jungyeon had ever felt, it was worth the 400 dollar V.I.P ticket. 

Her eyes were focused on her favourite member: Nayeon. She was so gorgeous on the stage, the lights giving her eyes a bright twinkle. She had given back the excitement in Jungyeon’s life, and she wished she could say that to Nayeon. There is so much that Jungyeon wished she could say to her.

The song remix ended and the girls gathered together on stage for a ment. They were all out of breath from jumping around while singing.

“Are you all having fun?!” Jihyo shouted.

The fans, including Jungyeon, all shouted back “Yes!”

“Do you all want to see the surprise we have for you?!” Chaeyoung asked the crowd.

Again, all the fans screamed back a reply.

The girls on stage all smiled at each other and, without saying anything else, climbed down off the stage into the audience. Insanity ensued as everyone tried to push each other out of the way to get close to the idols.

Jungyeon didn't want to have to deal with jealous, sasaeng fans, she could still see Nayeon’s head poking through the crowd from where she stood. The first back onto stage was Tzuyu with a fan that looked the same age as her. One by one, the girls returned to the stage with fans in tow. 

Everyone was now on stage except for Nayeon, who was still surfing through the audience.

‘How long does it take to find a fan?’ Jungyeon thought to herself.

Nayeon was getting closer and closer to where Jungyeon was standing, pushing through the large amounts of people. Jungyeon could feel the hair on her neck stand on-end.

‘It’s impossible, she’ll never pick out someone like me’ she reassured herself to calm her nerves.

But sure enough, Nayeon stopped surfing and stood right in front of Jungyeon, her hand outstretched.

“Come join me on stage!” She smiled.
Jungyeon timidly placed her hand in Nayeon’s, and was quickly rushed off her feet as Nayeon started speed pushing her way back to the stage. The stage lights blinded Jungyeon once she got on the stage, and she wondered how ‘Major A’ managed to not squint their eyes.

“Let's get our fans to introduce themselves!” Sana squealed.

The fan furthest away from Jungyeon introduced herself happily, then passed the microphone down the line. What was Jungyeon going to do? How could she explain in this situation?

The microphone was now in the hands of the fan next to Jungyeon, and she still hadn't thought of her plan of action. Suddenly a thought came to her. Just before the microphone was passed to her she pulled out her phone and started typing.

She shyly tapped on Nayeon’s shoulder and showed her what she had typed:

“I’m mute.”

Nayeon nodded understandingly at the message and relayed it to the audience. Jungyeon continued to type out her introduction to show to Nayeon, pretending in her mind that it was only a two-way conversation and that the audience weren't there.

“Well, our surprise was to allow some of our fans to sing with us, but I guess that's kinda difficult,” Nayeon smiled sweetly, “Don't worry, Jungyeon, we’ll find a way to make it up to you!”

Momo ran to the side of the stage and ran back with a backstage pass. She happily handed it to Jungyeon and invited her to come see them once the show was finished. Jungyeon bowed greatfully and returned to her seat, blushing wildly at having spoke to Nayeon.

Soon enough, the show was over, and butterflies were swirling erratically in Jungyeon’s stomach. She walked out of the concert hall and headed for the back entrance, paying no heed to the jealous glares she got. She showed the pass to the security guard standing at the door and she was let back inside.

Jungyeon didn't know where to go to find the group’s waiting room, however a kind assistant pointed her in the right direction. She timidly knocked on the door and was greeted by brightly grinning faces. She was dragged inside by Nayeon, which made her cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

She sat awkwardly in the group’s circle, as several pairs of eyes were looking at her. The girls were all curious to get to know her, and had even given her a pen and pad of paper, although Jungyeon found that typing on her phone was easier than writing. Their conversation went on late into the night, and soon some of the girls started leaving so the could go home and sleep.

Eventually the only two left were Nayeon and Jungyeon. Even all the staff had left.
“Listen, I’m sorry if I made you embarrassed bringing you onto the stage. I would have never known you were mute.” Nayeon apologised.

Jungyeon shook her head while typing:

“Don't be silly, you don't need to apologise! I'm just so glad that I got to talk to you!”

“I know it's late, but if you want to talk to me more…..”

Jungyeon nodded, trying to not seem too eager. She was just about to type a reply when Nayeon stole the phone from her hands. Nayeon started typing and then handed the phone back, smiling.

“I gotta go now, I have to get some sleep, but you can talk to me anytime!” Nayeon stood and gathered all her things, leaving the room with a big grin on her face.

Jungyeon looked down at her phone:

“Phone number contacts:

Nayeon xxx”