final

Stool

Jonghyun squints his eyes as he looks at the unfamiliar face on the other side of the staff room.

“You’re the new barista?” he approaches the guy.

“Oh, yes.” the guy looks down at him in amusement.

“I’m Jonghyun.”

“Choi Minho.” the guy chuckles softly.

“What’s funny, Minho?” he crosses his arms.

“Dude,” Minho laughed, “you’re so short.”

Jonghyun glared at him and punched him in the stomach with his fist and watched him double over in pain.

“Doesn’t mean I can’t beat the living daylight out of you.”

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” Minho put both hands out in defense.

“Good.”


 

“There you go, little one.” Minho teased as he handed Jonghyun the package of coffee powder that he’s been trying to get for the past five minutes from the top shelf.

It’s been the third time this week.

Jonghyun snatched the package and started preparing a cup of coffee for a customer.

“I didn’t ask for help, Choi.” the silver haired boy snarled a minute later, as he poured the coffee in a cup and handed it to the lady waiting over the counter with a smile.

“Maybe you should do that more often.” Minho pointed out.

“Insult you?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, “I’d like that.”

“No. Smile.” Minho said before turning away to take an order.

Jonghyun felt kind of guilty.

 

“Minho.” the shorter boy called softly later that day as he followed Minho out when he went for his lunch break.

Minho looked at him with wide eyes. The silver haired boy has never talked to him in this tone before.

“Yeah?”

“I’m, ah, sorry?”

“What for?” Minho asked.

“For talking to you like….that.”

“Oh no, it’s okay. I’m sorry.”

“What-Why?” Jonghyun asked, dumbfounded.

“I made fun of you.” Minho answered apologetically with a tiny smile.

Jonghyun felt his cheeks redden.

“It’s okay.” he mumbled as he looked at Minho a little longer than he’s supposed to. He’s never talked to the boy so calmly before and now that he’s, he found Minho quite attractive.

He noticed how the light shade of brown of his hair matched his caramel skin, how sharp his jawline is and how huge his eyes actually are.

“Fine then, fun size.” Minho’s smile got bigger as he shrugged and moved to turn away only to get kicked in the shin. “What was that for?” he whined.

“Told you, I still can beat the hell out of you.”

“You said it’s okay!” Minho complained as he watched Jonghyun turn away and shake his head.

“Oh God.”



 

Next day, Minho walked in the coffee shop for his shift, only to see Jonghyun struggling to get another coffee package from the top shelf.

He giggled as he watched the boy for a couple of minutes, he always found it quite cute and amusing how Jonghyun would jump up like a tiny puppy, trying to get what he needed. But he put on a straight face when Jonghyun, apparently, heard him and turned around to glare at him before pouting and stomping back to the staff room, only to come back with a step ladder.

Minho bursted out into a laughing fit, causing some eyes to turn to him.

He saw Jonghyun glare at him once again and mutter something Minho couldn’t quite make out.

He then made his way behind the counter to tease the boy.

“Hello, Munchkin.”

“I swear to God if you keep calling me those names, you’ll go home with a broken ball today.”

“Somebody’s grumpy today.” Minho leaned down and flicked Jonghyun’s nose, who slapped his hand away.

“I ing hate you.”


 

Three days later. It was Wednesday. Minho will come to work today.

Jonghyun was a tad more excited to go to work today. For reasons he’d never admit.

Yes, Minho got on his nerves most of the time.

Minho made fun of him all the time.

Minho called him names.

Minho frustrated him all the time.

And yes, Minho is taller than him.

But he secretly loved the days when Minho’s working at the coffee shop, despite the fact that the way they communicated with each other was not really friendly.

When he arrived at work, he went to the staff room to put his stuff in his locker and put on his apron before heading out behind the counter.

A new, wooden item caught his attention on the floor, right by the shelves that he struggles to reach.

He walks to what seemed like a stool to take a better look. He was sure this wasn’t here before today.

His eyes doubled in size when he saw his name stickered on the stool, each letter with a different color with red and pink hearts and flowers on it.

He felt all the blood in his body rush to his face.

“Freaking Choi Minho.” he muttered under his breath as he looked around for him.

The boy was not there, well-yet.

 

“What’s that?” Jonghyun crossed his arms.

“What?” Minho looked at him in surprise.

He’s just got there and Jonghyun was already attacking him.

“The stool.” Jonghyun wanted to yell. But he didn’t.

“Oh.” Minho mouthed before smiling widely like an idiot, “You’re welcome.”

Jonghyun wanted to give him a black eye. But he doesn’t. He blushes like a schoolgirl instead.

“I didn’t-I don’t want anything from you.” he tried to sound firm, but he knew he was failing miserably.

“But why? I wanted to give to a present.” Minho pouted, pretending to be hurt.

“Why would you give me this?” Jonghyun whined.

“You always struggle to reach high shelves,” Minho smiles cheekily before turning around.

But he turns back to Jonghyun.

“Also,” he added, “it’d be easier for me to kiss you.”

 
*
comment pls.