Final

Pygmalion and Galatea

I AM SO SORRY~!!  TT.TT

 

It took almost two months before posting the entire story. I was so busy in school and I’ve written half of it the moment I posted the foreword. I just finished it and I apologize that you waited this long. I hope I’ll not disappoint you.

 

From the title itself, it’s inspired on the Greek Mythology story of the sculptor Pygmalion. I find the story cute and interesting and bam~! Another TRASH MINWOO STORY was born~!!  ^^

 

PS: I was initially thinking that this will be ANGST, but who wants angst anyways??  XD

 


 

 

“What if this sculpture has come to life?”

 

 

Mino once asked in his trail of thoughts while creating his ‘best sculpture ever.’ He spends almost everyday on finishing it and he has high expectations that it will come out so good your eyes will never dare leave it.

 

 

After finishing his Arts Degree at the Chugye University for the Arts, Song Mino got an opportunity to hone is sculpting skills when he reached United Kingdom and enrolled at Morley College that offers various sculpture courses. When he got back in Seoul, he received work offers from different art companies and they all liked his creations. His name rose to fame and is now living the best life everyone wishes to have.

 

 

How can you savor all this luxury if you’re not sharing it with someone that inspires you to do better? A certain someone that’s willing to give everything for you to be happy and please. Mino ponders all his decisions and he made a huge mistake cause looking for that certain someone never exists in his bucket list- hence he’s lonely.

 

 

He tried to focus on other stuff- like work and friends. He became more renowned with his artistic works and he’s enjoying every bit of fame he’s receiving. But the loneliness in his heart never falters and he’s becoming even sadder.

 

 

When he got his free time, he decided to sculpt a human figure. He planned the look of it first and he imagined someone with big eyes, sharp nose, small lips, and a lithe body. He also thought of the material that he will use. Since, he considered this as his greatest work, he decided to use the best product for the creation- ivory.

 

 

Days passed and he started his work. He’s busy all day and night and will just stop if it’s time to eat or to sleep. He also got into reading and became interested with Greek Mythology. He read the story of Pygmalion- a sculptor who fell in love with his creation.

 

 

Pygmalion created a very beautiful sculpture that he found himself falling in love with it. He silently prayed for Aphrodite- the goddess of love, beauty, and pleasure to give him a wife as beautiful as his creation. After the prayer, Pygmalion went back home and kissed the figure. Surprisingly, the figure’s lips were soft- like a human. He then realized that Aphrodite has granted his wish and named his wife Galatea.

 

 

“I wish this sculpture will come to life.”

 

 

“What the hell, Song Mino?”

 

 

Seungyoon got up from his seat as he was scandalized by his friend’s words.

 

 

“What’s wrong with that? If it happens to Pygmalion, it may also happen to anyone.”

 

 

“But you forgot that Mythology is either a truth or a lie, no one knows.”

 

 

Mino just scoffed the words and proceeded to his work. After a month, his creation is done. A very fine sculpture of a man with very detailed angles- big deer eyes, nose close to perfection, small yet kissable lips and a body so lithe and fragile you have to really touch like it’s going to break any second. Mino was pleased with his work and patted himself proudly. All days and nights from working were so worth it.

 

 

“Pygmalion fell in love with his sculpture.”

 

 

Days passed and Mino spent most of his time staring wonderfully at his masterpiece. His eyes cannot tear off the figure and his hands ravel to its every inch and curve. He can imagine that it’s his ideal person- that someone he’s been waiting for since his world started to spin. He felt love and sadness at the same time- because there’s no way that he can fall for his creation and there’s no way that it will turn to life, like Seungyoon told him before.

 

 

The night went too soon and Mino found himself staring at the night sky while sipping his whiskey. If Aphrodite was real, he’ll be wishing for the sculpture to come alive. But nothing’s bad in trying so Mino closed his eyes and chanted a somewhat-like prayer to his so-called Aphrodite. He went to sleep with a very hopeful heart and mind.

 

 

Rustling sounds wake Song Mino up from his soft bed. Who could that person be?

 

 

“Seungyoon?”

 

 

But no response.

 

 

He tiptoed his way downstairs as he’s trying to catch the culprit that’s invading his privacy. He was holding a lampshade as well- for emergency purposes and inched closer to the person. When he’s a few inches away, he saw that the guy was wearing nothing to cover his lithe body. He studied the guy’s body at first- pausing on his cute and his eyes lingered on his back. He was about to step closer when the guy turned around, showing his face that shocked him bigtime.

 

 

The guy has a pair of big, brown, deer-like eyes, skin as pale as ivory, well-refined nose, and lips so little yet kissable. He flashed a very sweet smile that almost made Mino lose his remaining sanity. He placed his hands on his shoulders and his skin feels like velvet on his touch. He glanced at the podium where he placed the figure and the figure is nowhere to be seen. He smiled upon realizing what he wished for Aprodite and now it became real.

 

 

He hugged the now-human-statue tightly but then realized that the guy is not wearing anything on his body so he grabbed the nearest robe resting on a chair and wrap the guy’s small frame on it. The guy was just smiling, mentally thanking the tan-skinned guy as he felt secured being with him.

 

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

 

“Yeah, what is it?”

 

 

Mino’s voice was shaking because he heard the guy speak for the first time and he thought he heard an angel asking him.

 

 

“What’s my name?”

 

 

Of course, since he’s a gift from the Greek goddess he has no name. He thought of a name that's simple yet has a wonderful meaning.

 

 

“Uhm, you are Kim Jinwoo.”

 

 

“Kim Jinwoo?”

 

 

“Yes, from now on your name is Kim Jinwoo. The king of my heart.”

 

 

Mino’s heartbeat races as he uttered those words and he saw Jinwoo’s cheeks painting pink. He hugged the smaller guy, feeling his soft skin more and inhaling his natural scent that smells like a human and not ivory.

 

 

“Before anything else, let’s get you some clothes.”

 

 

He held Jinwoo’s hand and he almost sworn that it’s so soft he just wanted to touch it for the rest of his life. They entered Mino’s walk-in closet and Jinwoo’s eyes almost popped out with all the clothes b at every corner. Mino left to pick some clothes and Jinwoo was left there humming an unfamiliar yet soothing tune. He returned with a handful of black shorts, a white knitted sweater, and underwear hiding underneath. Awkward silence filled the room because Mino is still unsure if the statue-now-human knows anything about the world or he has to teach him everything- including wearing clothes (it’s not that he hates it, he LOVES it~!)

 

 

“I can do that on my own.”

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

“Yes. I know some things here on earth and I’m not an idiot. I can do almost everything that you can as I also have a brain and heart like you.”

 

 

Mino was disappointed- not because of what Jinwoo said but because he lost the opportunity to somehow see and touch the guy’s perfect milky white skin.

 

 

When Jinwoo came back, Mino was astonished to see the clothes looking so good on him. Heck he can pass as a model on a clothing brand or any product- but he preferred Jinwoo being a model on his future sculptures and paintings- preferably . He took his time on looking at the guy’s white thighs that almost looks like a lady. Maybe he has done too many female features on the statue that it turned that way but he’s enjoying the view right now. He’s thanking Aphrodite mentally as his wish came true.

 

 

He got to know more Jinwoo during breakfast. Jinwoo was one of Aphrodite’s trusted helper while living in Mount Olympus. Upon hearing Mino’s wish, Aphrodite quickly sent Jinwoo to resurrect a hopeless heart. Jinwoo’s soul transcends inside the statue’s body and now he’s here sitting beside Mino eating fruits. Mino was not expecting this- he thought that there’s no magic or fantasies or even gods and goddesses. Now that he heard everything from Jinwoo, he can now shove to Seungyoon’s forehead that what he reads from Mythology books can come to life- if we just put our whole trust in it.

 

If there’s a saying about love at first sight, Mino is experiencing it right now. He’s falling for the guy beside him- too fast yet he’s falling for him even when he was still an ivory statue. They’re now driving somewhere and Mino steals glances at the guy sitting in the passenger’s seat who’s enjoying the view.

 

“I didn’t expect that your planet is such a beautiful place. It reminds me of Mount Olympus.”

 

 

“Do you miss your place already?”

 

 

“No, and besides it’s just my first day here.”

 

 

“So, when are you coming back?”

 

 

The sadness on Mino’s voice is quite obvious.

 

 

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll never come back there, as I fulfill my promise to Aphrodite that I’ll stay with you.”

 

 

Mino started to smile. Thinking that Jinwoo will never leave him made him so happy.

 

 

The car stopped in front of a secluded home in the middle of the forest. Mino got out of the car and opened the door for Jinwoo. When they entered inside, Jinwoo was amazed with the interior design of the house- it’s made of huge tree trunks with some cream-colored furniture that complemented the house. It also has a wooden fireplace that’s perfect for a cold windy night.

 

 

“I like this place, but why are we here Mino-yah?”

 

 

Mino started blushing upon hearing his name being uttered by Jinwoo. It sounded so angelic and soothing in his ears.

 

 

“I usually stay here when I need to unwind. It’s hidden in the middle of the forest and no one hasn’t discovered it yet.”

 

 

“So I’m the first person that you brought in here?”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Thank you. But can I see the entire area? I would love to see this house even more.”

 

 

“Do whatever you want.”

 

 

A happily skipping Jinwoo left while Mino tried to hide his crimson red face. He sat on the soft couch and opened some magazines while he waits for Jinwoo. After a few flips, he decided to go and cook something for them. As he was busy cooking meat, he saw Jinwoo peeking through the kitchen door. He smiled and asked him to join inside.

 

 

“So, how was it?”

 

 

“I like it. This is a perfect house to relieve stress and be intimate with someone you love.”

 

 

Upon hearing the word ‘love’ Mino averted his gaze and tried to focus on cooking. But Jinwoo interrupted him with some interrogating questions.

 

 

“So, am I really the first person to visit here? You didn’t bring any girl here?”

 

 

“No.”

 

 

“You’re so good-looking and I guess every girl will offer their lives just to be with you. How come you’re still single?”

 

 

“You also know about love issues, huh?”

 

 

“Of course, the gods and goddesses in our place also deal with that.”

 

 

“How about you, Jinwoo? Have you ever dealt with a love problem before?”

 

 

“Nope. I’m busy serving Aphrodite so no time for that.”

 

 

“Me too. I busied myself with work so I didn’t have the chance to date.”

 

 

“But you’re so handsome Mino-yah.”

 

 

“Stop saying that, you’re making me blush.”

 

 

Their teasing game continues even after lunch. Jinwoo pestering Mino’s non-existing lovelife may be annoying, but Mino is enjoying every bit of it. After lunch, Mino offered Jinwoo to walk through the woods. They went out and breathe the cold forest air. As they stroll, Mino has discovered a lot more facts about Jinwoo- his child life and how he ended up serving Aphrodite. Mino became more interested as Jinwoo talks about his life in Mount Olympus. His stories were somehow related to the books he has read before and he wanted to learn Mythology more- with the help of course of Jinwoo.

 

 

They were walking when a bullfrog was in the middle of their path. Mino got scared and hid on Jinwoo’s back. When the frog jumped away, Mino sighed deeply-unaware that his hand was intertwined on Jinwoo’s. He suddenly removed his hand and maybe he’s assuming but Jinwoo’s face blushed. Is it because of his unexpected action?

 

 

They’ve decided to walk back home, as it’s almost getting dark. Jinwoo finds another reason to tease Mino again.

 

 

“You’re a grown-up man but you’re afraid of frogs?”

 

 

“Stop it~! I don’t like frogs. They’re disgusting and creepy.”

 

 

“The bottomline here is you’re afraid of them. You almost screamed like a girl.”

 

 

“Seriously? I don’t scream like that.”

 

 

“You almost did.”

 

 

“I did not~!”

 

 

They entered the house and Mino went to the kitchen to cook as he offered Jinwoo to shower first. While the guy is inside the bathroom, Mino cooked, pouring all his feelings in it- as he believes that ‘a way to your man’s heart is through his stomach.’

 

 

After a few minutes, Jinwoo came out from the shower- his damp hair scattered with droplets of water dripping from his bangs. He smiled upon smelling the food Mino’s cooking.

 

 

“It smells good, Mino-yah.”

 

 

“Thanks.”

 

 

“I’m not expecting that you’re a good cook.”

 

 

“I need to learn because I’m living alone. How about you, did you learn how to cook?”

 

 

“Nope. We have cooks in Mount Olympus and they serve the food for us.”

 

 

“So I guess, I have to cook more for you?”

 

 

Jinwoo averted his gaze this time, trying not to blush. He went to the dining area while Mino finished cooking. When he’s done, he helped Mino prepare their plates and utensils. Suddenly, the rain started pouring from outside and the temperature started to feel cold. After eating, Mino placed some woods and lit the fireplace. Jinwoo came closer and sat on the wooden floor-enjoying the warmth of the fire. Mino came back shortly, with two cups of hot chocolate in his hands. He gave the other one to Jinwoo and the latter flashed his sweet smile to the man-making him melt from his act. They both settled in front of the fireplace, sitting close to each other while sipping their hot beverage.

 

 

“So, how’s your first day in this planet?”

 

 

“I didn’t expect that it’ll be good. I’m thanking Aphrodite for this. If not her, I wouldn’t be here with you.”

 

 

Mino’s heart started to beat so fast. The tingling in his stomach formed and his body stiffed when Jinwoo gently placed his head on his shoulders. He’s also thanking Aphrodite in his head. With Jinwoo’s arrival, his life will never be lonely again.

 

 

“Jinwoo?”

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“Do you like me?”

 

 

Jinwoo got up and stare blankly at Mino. The latter got nervous and mentally bang his head on the wall, wondering why he asked such question. He silently stares at Jinwoo’s big eyes and heard the other guy talked.

 

 

“To be honest, Aphrodite told me to like you- as it is a part of her plan. But I think, it came naturally as you took care of me really well and treated me dearly as if we knew each other for years already.”

 

 

“And..”

 

 

“Yes, I also like you.”

 

 

Mino was about to talk when Jinwoo kissed his right cheek. His face turned red and Jinwoo laughed.

 

 

“You’re blushing Mino-yah.”

 

 

“I am not~!”

 

 

“You are.”

 

 

“Am not.”

 

 

“You are.”

 

 

“If you don’t stop, I’ll do something on you.”

 

 

“No one can stop me.”

 

 

Mino inched closer and swiftly kissed Jinwoo’s lips. The other guy was shocked with the unexpected action, but somehow it felt good so he went closer and initiated the kiss. It tastes so sweet and Jinwoo craves for more, kissing Mino deeper to which the other guy gladly reciprocated. Their lips move in a rhythm that they can only understand. After a couple of minute, the broke from the kiss and connected their foreheads while staring lovingly at each other’s eyes.

 

 

“Jinwoo-yah, I don’t believe in a lot of things. But when I met you, everything changed.”

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

“I don’t believe on love at first sight. But when I saw you, I fall too fast. I thought I’ll die alone, but now I’m confident that I’ll die with you in my arms. I thought Mythology is not real, but you’re the living proof that fantasies do exists if we just keep on believing.”

 

 

Mino pecked Jinwoo’s lips and he smiled, happy that his mission turned into a newly-found love.

 

 

“I’m thankful, Mino-yah. You made me believe that someone can love me despite on what I am before. I’m blessed to be a part of your life and I’m willing to love you till the day I die.”

 

 

It may happen too fast, they fall in love too deep, but love happens at the unexpected time at an unexpected way. It may be new to them, but Mino and Jinwoo are both ready to conquer the world and fall deeper in love.

 

 

They kissed again-lips moving and hands touching everywhere. Mino broke the kiss and carried Jinwoo to the bedroom. He carefully lay down Jinwoo and hovered on top of him, hands intertwining Jinwoo’s and stares at him with love.

 

 

“I thought you’ve never been in a relationship, how come you know about this?”

 

 

“Is making love also a thing in Mount Olympus?”

 

 

“No. Newborn gods appear out of nowhere, without any intimate contact.”

 

 

“So, are you comfortable with this?”

 

 

“You almost forgot that I’m now a human, and I put my trust on you.”

 

 

Mino grinned and kissed Jinwoo. They started touching each other and clothes came off one by one. That rainy night signals the beginning of new connections, new feelings, and new love.

 

 

 

 

A year passed…

 

 

Jinwoo is driving his way on a special occasion. After a series of photoshoots, he finally managed to get out of the location and go to an event. He rushes his way inside the luxury building and finally saw his lover, showing a new masterpiece that was adored by everyone inside the hall. Reporters started to come in the center to ask questions.

 

 

“Mr. Song, what’s your inspiration while doing this work?”

 

 

“I’m an avid reader of Mythology books. It somehow piqued my interest and started carving hoping that one day, my sculpture will transform into a real human being. It’s inspired by the mythological story of Pygmalion and his Galatea- a statue that was given life by Aphrodite.”

 

 

“Have you found your Galatea now, Mr. Song?”

 

 

Mino stopped and searched for a certain person before answering the reporter’s question.

 

 

“I’ve found my Galatea and just like in the story, we will live and love each other until we die.”

 

 

Mino looked again at Jinwoo and smiled.

 


 

the end..