downfall

vibrations;

Love comes in many different ways,

and our friendship might just be the strangest form of it.

 

They were inseparable. The three of them have been together since they can remember. They all lived in the same neighborhood. The bond they all shared was too strong and incomprehensible for others to break through, which ended up isolating the three of them from the rest of the kids. Neither did the adults understand what they had. It was not like they minded though, if they had each other everything was okay.

 

Jongin had always been the quiet shy boy, and because of that he would always be bullied by some of the kids. Soojung and Taemin were the complete opposite though. Both of them were always loud and hyperactive. At first people wouldn't imagine that the three of them could actually get along, but for some unknown reason they did.

 

Even though they lived all near each other they had never talked for the first years of their lives. It was when they were about five years old that Jongin started to get bullied by the other kids on the playground and both Soojung and Taemin would defend him and make the bullies run away. At some point they started to always play together and no one would bother them any of them anymore.

 

The three of them didn't go to the same kindergarten nor primary school, but they were always excited for the time they were back from school so they could meet up and play together. As they grew older they all started to meet up in each other's school gate. Usually Taemin would go to Jongin's and the two of them would then pick up Soojung, as she always left school late, and like that the three of them would go home together.

 

When it was time for them to enter middle school they were all nervous, but in the end they actually managed to get into the same school. Their eyes were filled with joy and excitement when their parents told them the news. They were even more overwhelmed when they discovered they would be in the same class.

 

The years went by and their friendship was stronger than ever. People would always stare at them with malicious eyes, only because such a bond was not understandable for their simple mind.

 

It was no secret to anyone who saw them together that they were the best of friends. When they were together, which was kind of twenty four hours a day and seven days a week, they were unstoppable. Soojung and Taemin's loud personality ended up rubbing on Jongin's quiet one. The three of them would always spend the whole class talking or sending notes to each other, interrupting the teacher and gaining a lot of unwanted visits to the principal's office.

 

They were actually very popular among the kids in their school. Their classmates and even people from other classes would always stare at them and admire their friendship. It was just so wonderful to see such beautiful kids having fun and playing together. Most of the times it was simply the three of them walking in the hallway bickering or them reunited in the school backyard teasing and genuinely laughing at each other.

 

There was something about the relationship they had, people couldn't really tell what it was, but they envied it.

 

“Are you going out?” People would sometimes ask them and when they asked back 'going out with who' people would just shrug and nonchalantly respond something along the lines of 'I don't know, like one of those two. Or maybe the two of them? You're always together.' The three of them would laugh, deny and brush it off.

 

It just didn't make sense to them why people couldn't understand the bond they had. Maybe the three of them together saw the world in a different way, for some reason they just clicked. Maybe it was just the way things were.

 

Maybe it was in the end of their last year in middle school that things started to go down. It was not like their friendship was falling apartarrow-10x10.png or anything. But the girl was being distant for reasons unknown to the boys.

 

“What's going on with you lately?” Taemin asked her abruptly. The girl blinked twice, startled by the sudden question. “Nothing, really,” she replied with a forced smile upon her face.

 

“Yah! Jung Soojung! What do you take us for? We've know each other for ages, do you really think we wouldn't notice if you suddenly changed, huh?” He said while poking her in the arm. “Hey! Stop that!” She lightly slapped his hand making him stop teasing her.

 

Jongin then grabbed her by the wrist, making her turn her back to Taemin, who just sat down on his chair and started to eat his lunch before the other two. Jongin and Soojung stared at each other's eyes for a few seconds before any of them said something. “You know you can trust us with anything, right?” He finally said, she could tell he truly meant it but she just nodded and said they didn't need to worry about anything.

 

Taemin sighed loudly, pushed his lunchbox aside, closed his eyes and paused for a few seconds. The other two who had already sat down in front of him then turned around. “C'mon. Just tell us already,” he said with his mouth still full. “We really mean it when we say we care, okay?”

 

Soojung had been trying to omit the fact that something was up and there was no way she could keep denying it, she was just too obvious. She opened shaking a little bit, afraid that her voice would waver.

 

“… I'll have to move...” she said squeezing her own hands together. Tears might actually fall down and she was in no place to stop them from doing so. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and started again, this time more firmly. “I'll have to move to another city in the end of the year because of my father's job.”

 

Both of the boys were just jaw dropped and in so much confusion. They just weren't expecting a blow like that. It was too sudden. What was that about? Why did this have to happen? They have always been together.

 

“What the --?!” Taemin quickly stood up, pushing his desk forward, “Are you serious?” Jongin who was staring at his friend's sudden reaction looked back at Soojung, waiting for an answer for Taemin's question. He was praying maybe he had heard it all wrong. The girl slowly nodded, confirming what she had said before.

 

“This can't be real,” Jongin mumbled with both of his hands covering his face.

 

“But it is.”

 


AAAAAHHHH OMG!!! I can't belive so many people subscribed to this, I'm so happy. Thank you so much ;;

I'm sorry I kept you guys waiting. But then again, I don't know how frequently I'll update this, I'll have a week break soon and maybe I'll actually be able to write a lot but I'm not sure I'll manage to finish everything.

I hope you guys look forward to this story even more in the future and enjoy reading it as much as I am writting it ~

Please leave reviews, I really want to know what you are thinking about the story !