Distance makes the heart grow fonder

Drop the Honorifics

It has been a while, he thought. Donghae is active again, promoting his group's title song, Devil. But the thought that perked up his mind that's been a while for him, was spending time with his Dara noona. It's true, both of them were extremely busy, with Dara having 2 webdramas this year and him preparing for their comeback and concerts. 

 

It was already a given that they would barely see each other due to their professions, not to mention, they are in different companies. But it never left Donghae's mind the times when he was with Dara was the happiest he have been. He laughed, cried, sang and made wonderful memories with her. Inevitably, his feelings grew into something more. He can only chuckle to himself as he remembered how his fans took the news that he's been friends with Dara for ten years. Was he really that obvious? How he is incredibly smitten with her?

 

But unfortunately for him, Dara didn't feel the same way, or so he thought.

 

For Dara, her busy schedule put her in a position where she would sometimes forget her meals and would just sleep in her van. She's been going around, making appearances, shooting for her webdrama, recording songs and all that. But despite all of that, she always felt a sense of emptiness, even if it was just for a lapse of time. That emptiness would always go back and it grew and it grew, making her put up a front for everyone.

 

She wasn't lying to anyone, she just had to be the same bright Dara, even when she feels a sense of loneliness overwhelming her. There are many amazing friends who stuck by her, aside from her family, her friends in the Philippines and her 2NE1 members, the one who would always seem to be there, no matter which way she turned was Donghae.

 

She never though she would come and depend on him for so long. But something in the air between seemed off to her, something she shouldn't even mention or think about. Donghae courted her once, but she was scared of breaking away from each other. Reluctant and uneasy, she didn't want to put their friendship on the line. But what bothers her the most was missing him every time they were not together, she was bothered by the things he does that would make her feel flustered. 

 


 

 

Donghae walked in the empty park, with his hoodie on, sometimes, quiet walks would help him reassure himself. There were many occurences where he and Dara would just meet at the playground, talking about their problems and hardships as an idol. They would slyly disguise themselves and would eat crepes as well. Many inside jokes were made and even a few accidents concerning one of them falling off a slide or tripping because of a rock.

 

Donghae laughed to himself, he was more of an oppa to her rather than a dongsaeng. 

 

He was completely fallen in, there were times when he wanted to kiss her and hold her close, times where he wanted to make his feelings public. But it wasn't that easy.  

 

He walked and he walked until he found the bench they've always sat on to be occupied.

 

"Yah." He said with familiarity.

 

The figure looked at him and replied, "Yah, since when did you dropped the honorifics? I'm your noona!"

 

Donghae chuckled as he looked into the eyes of Sandara Park. The dim lightpost beside the bench lightly lit her face.Showing her big eyes and sweet smile.

 

"Did you wait long?" He asked, as she responded shaking her head.

 

"Did you miss me?" He joked, even chuckling.

 

Dara shyly stood up, remaining silent, diverting her gaze from him.

 

"What's this? You didn't?" Donghae added.

 

"I..." Dara reluctantly started, but she kept herself going, "I missed you.." She finally said it, her cheeks constantly blushing even with the poor lighting the pink tinge was visible.

 

It took Donghae a moment to analyze what Dara had said, she would often openly say that to him, yet why did it sound more special and heartfelt than any of those times they've been together. His throat was getting dry and his mind went blank. All he could do was stare at her shy eyes that would ever so often meet with his but would quickly divert her gaze elsewhere.

 

His heart was beating loudly inside his chest, lips chapped from the cold and hands that were sweating from the situation. But he knew how Dara would be, after all the times he'd been with her, he still couldn't predict what she was going to do next, she was always surprising him.

 

"Will you say yes to me this time?" Donghae asked in a nonchalant manner, mentioning the time when he was courting her back then, even mentioning about it in a broadcast where he waited for her in the cold to play with her. Unfortunately, Dara was scared to show him her uncute side, leaving him freezing outside.

 

"Yah, if you keep on dropping the honorifics, I will leave you in the cold again." She awkwardly replied.

 

Donghae laughed, his smile that encouraged Dara to do the same. It wasn't long before Donghae walked over to her, giving her a warm and tight hug. Happy as could be, peppering her with kisses on her face, making her blush even more.

 

"Dara...yah." He smiled, cupping her cheeks before kissing her again and again, not letting her protest about removing the honorifics. Dara, completely flustered, could only but weakly throw punches at Donghae's chest. 

 

The time when they were apart made her realize something. She only felt complete when she was with him. 

 

Donghae tightened his hold on her, easing in to each other's warmth. Distance  makes the heart grow fonder, after all.

 


 

AN: Finally, a Darahae oneshot!!! I love these two together and honestly, they suit each other well. :) I wanted the oneshot to be straight to the point (since it's a one shot lol) sort of just showing the most awaited kiss scene just like in a drama. lol :))) (i spend my weeks watching kdramas a dara fanboy videos, dont judge me)