i've got sunshine

i guess you say (what can make me feel this way)

"taehyung, i don't think that is close to even being right."

taehyung grunts in the awkward position he's in: someone's left their used towel somehow under one of the beach chairs alongside the large pool. it's a tight fit and taehyung is trying to force way a pool-cleaning utensil to retrieve the towel. after a second of ignoring jimin's judgmental stare, he heaves a sharp exhale and slides the tool and his arm from under the chair, no white cloth in sight. "shut up," he says as soon as he gets to his feet.

jimin uncrosses his arms and points at the janitor who is picking up fallen leaves and twigs by the flora, mainly there for looks because lots of members like their privacy and what better way than to have a border of bushes and white roses. true that the club may or may not have gotten a proper amount of complaints pertaining the presence of honey bees, but nevertheless the scenery had to be manned daily and jimin points out, "what about asking him for a stick or something?"

taehyung huffs defeatedly, no longer paying much attention other than trying not to drown in his own sweat by the intense sunlight of summer, "go ahead, as long as we get this in' towel out."

jimin comes back and decides to crouch down himself. in record time, with taehyung now curiously cocking his head, jimin pulls his arm out, stick in hand, and towel on stick. there's dirt and tiny bugs flying off of it as jimin brings it up with him and he teases taehyung by waving it in front of his face.

taehyung squeezes his eyes shut and whines, "hey! there's spiders on that thing!"

jimin laughs while throwing the cloth in taehyung's arms, striding away to pick up the more easier access of towels abandoned on chairs and tables and even on the corners of the poolside instead of in the used-towels bins. taehyung tosses the wreched thing in his hands in the bin as he follows jimin. they're just about getting the pool filled up with a tiny litter of club members, mostly calm and whisper-gossipping women who are relaxing on the beach chairs; getting their tan on. it's actually jimin's first day on the job, taehyung has worked at the club for nearly three summers now. in all honesty, jimin isn't one who's too keen on working as a busybody for menial tasks that the customer could do on their own, but the job pays well and there isn't much to do but deal with the towels and any garbage in or around the pool, also the environment was a little more than ideal than the other less paying odd-jobs jimin has done in the past for money.

it's peaceful towel folding and leaf-sweeping for the next couple hours in; something jimin is quite bored of but is sure that he can get used to when he and taehyung have the chance to get in a joke or two between themselves. it isn't until it hits the 2:05pm mark that jimin starts noticing the pool reaching it's max of hospitality; teenagers really. the elder members from before trickle out and are replaced with guys holding boomboxes and girls squirting sunblock all over each other playfully. taehyung tries his best not to stare at the next lifeguard who takes the place of a female, who does very well with social situations because there are girls left and right offering him their lemonade, and guys keep shouting comments at him that involve dancing or academic questions from "the university."

a college guy. jimin smirks at taehyung knowingly when they both pass by the guard's post and hear hoseok, the second lifeguard, pipe from his chair, "hey there, taetae."

taehyung's ears flush profusely, but plays it off really, really well. like he's done it for years. "hi, hoseok. this is jimin, he goes to my school."

"nice to meet you, jimin." hoseok has such an inviting smile as he raises his sunglasses and looks down at the both of them.

causing jimin's shoulders to relax and reply as if he's known hoseok as long as he's known taehyung, "you too, hoseok."

they continue walking and hoseok resumes post, sunglasses falling back down and he begins twiddling with the whistle hanging around his neck. taehyung immediately mutters once they're out of earshot, "don't even say it."

jimin giggles childishly, "i didn't say anything-" his eyes were carelessly scanning the entry way, but he comes to a complete halt once his eyes land on a group of boys.

or rather, one boy. a very cute, very shirtless boy only wearing board shorts and an amazing smile so huge it can rival the sun beating down against their heated skins. his black hair is tousled quite nicely, moving along with every turn of his head to the people around him and the winds. everything slows down and, instantaneously, jimin ridiculously hears the song my girl by the temptations playing in his head just watching this boy walk. he runs his hand through his black hair, face glancing down to watch his step, and the way even his shoulders move have got jimin hypnotized. taehyung notices where jimin's attention was stolen and his head nearly falls back as he bites back a groan, but jimin is still gazing at the boy when he waves at a couple of girls who call his name in the pool, shy smile forming along with the pink in his cheeks. he looks away while one of the guys next to him hits his shoulder and it only encourages the blush forming.

jimin finally whispers in awe as the boy accepts an offer from a guy to lather sunblock all over his - honestly, quite attractive - back, "who is that?"

taehyung answers as if he's answered it many times before, "jeon jungkook: he goes to the private school just up the road. turning 18 this year and he's already signed onto an entertainment company for singing or something like that. pretty nice, once you get to know him, but he and his friends are kind of brats." jimin snorts at the choice of word, and taehyung peeks at jimin's love-stare to say seriously, "look, i know he is a sight but face it; he's a member of the club and you're a pool boy."

jimin is yet to be fazed. "you say that like it's a bad thing."

"you're worlds away from him."

"might be so," jimin bites his lips and eventually breaks his gaping to smile at taehyung, "but maybe that's just my key."

"i have no idea what you're going about on now." taehyung shakes his head and then nods it when his eyes come to focus, "come on, some just threw his in' towel in the garbage."

jimin doesn't immediately follow suit, instead peers at jungkook and doesn't look away until the boy accidentally makes eyes with him while searching for something or someone. they're both just looking at each other for a second and jimin's eyes shoot down to the towels in his hand. taehyung is right, but jimin doesn't like dwelling on the obstacles, more how to not look at them like they are.

as jimin braves to meet eyes with jungkook again, whom is also sharing the same uncertainty look, taehyung comes to jimin and raises his eyebrow, "i got it; you being a pool boy and it being your key when you agreed that you both were worlds away."

he reluctantly makes his attention to taehyung, "look at you, finally figuring things out with that big brain of yours."

"just- don't do anything that'll get you fired, okay? i like having you here. it's so boring."

"how? when you get to look at that-" jimin subtly flickers his eyes to the lifeguard's post with a smirk, "piece of fine  all day."

"all right," taehyung breaks into an embarrassed smile but hides it by encasing jimin in a headlock, "that's enough from you, get back to work before we both get fired."

jimin obeys, but he doesn't miss the way jungkook is hidden behind a huddle of friends who are whispering things in his ear; eyes carefully glimpsing at jimin every few seconds or so.

 

 

"he was totally checking you out!"

"oh," jungkook thinks he's going to burn up by how hot he is. he didn't even think his cousin seokjin caught where his eyes were for the past two minutes. "he was not so, please?"

their friend namjoon nudges jungkook and chuckles, "dude, what? are you seriously getting shy on us?"

yoongi, a friend who works in the same entertainment company as jungkook, says with seriousness as well as humor, "i didn't even think he was your type."

all their others friends are just gushing and jungkook doesn't even know who the guy in the workers' uniform is. "all right, please stop, you're all so annoying." he gently pushes passed them to hurriedly jump in the pool, if it means getting away from them.

he goes for a few laps after being provoked into a splash-fight with all his other friends in the pool, subsequently growing tired and frowning at his pruney fingers, he doesn't bother swimming to the nearest ladder or steps. he spots the pool boy who was staring at him earlier and peers in his peripheral to make sure no one is looking to whistle for the worker's attention. "excuse me!"

he gets it right away, as if he didn't have to say anything and whistle at the same time. he's got his eyes and attention. "can i help you?"

jungkook shrugs, "mind helping me out of the pool?"

jimin doesn't need to be told twice. he's already walking to the edge and grabbing onto jungkook who holds one of his hands out and uses his other to push himself up. water falls rapidly between them and jimin hisses when a large portion of it seeps into the lower center of his shirt.

there's now a wet patch on his polo, and jungkook feels sheepish as he doesn't think but automatically puts his hands on the other's stomach, and apologizes, "oh my god, i am so-" he feels jimin tense under his fingers once they come in contact with his abdomen, and jungkook freezes for about two seconds.

it's a long enough time to feel immensely awkward.

jungkook removes his hands and his cheeks must be so damn red one would be able to cook an egg on them. "i- i-" he breathes out with a smile to cover how humiliated he feels, "sorry. also, thank you."

jimin nods, and gestures towards a stack of clean towels on a beach chair, "towel?"

"please."

they both release sighs of relief once they're no longer in each other's personal space, and when jimin comes back with a towel jungkook just lamely holds onto it while absorbing how good jimin looks up close.

jimin then asks, "is...that all?"

"oh, yes." jungkook spies the name tag placed over jimin's left pocket and finishes, "thank you, jimin."

"you're welcome," jimin smirks, "jungkook."

jungkook doesn't register those words at all - too busy admiring jimin's arms - for the first second and then his eyes bulge and lips part in confusion. "how did you-"

but jimin is already clocking out, being replaced by some other pool boys, and jungkook clenches onto the towel, feeling foolish.

 

 

"so what were you and pool boy talking about," is the first thing that comes out of seokjin's mouth when they hit the diner in the club.

jungkook sinks into the booth and lets his neck become one with the red-leather seats, groaning, "please shut up!"

namjoon claps his hands, "bravo there, jungkook, didn't think you had it in you to flirt."

yoongi comments idly, "that was flirting? dear god, don't ever expect me to attempt that."

jungkook ignores yoongi's comment, "can we please not? he was just giving me a towel."

seokjin teases with a -eating grin, "i didn't realize that sort of engagement would apply some physical action between hands and abs."

namjoon and yoongi snort into their drinks and jungkook would stab seokjin with his fork if he wasn't so adamant on diffusing into the booth.

"so short lived though," namjoon continues on with the subject even after they've ordered and the food is brought to them.

jungkook plops his cheeseburger on his plate and sighs, "stop."

"i know," yoongi agrees, more invested on scraping the seasoning off his patty than he is on actually eating the thing, "but don't worry jungkook, we'll totally go back tomorrow."

jungkook glances down at his fork and contemplates stabbing himself instead.

 

 

the next day comes a lot slower than jimin anticipated, and taehyung rolls his eyes with a laugh as jimin checks himself in the mirror before they leave the locker room. "you look like on legs, now can we go? the quicker we get to work the quicker we can stare at men we'll never be with."

"and who's your man, taetae?"

jimin's eyes swiftly change from himself to hoseok, who is leaning on the locker next to taehyung's. the one who was addressed with the question tries his best not to be so damn chagrined. "oh hey, hoseok. what are you doing here? thought you came in later."

"i usually come in early, like to just say hi to everyone and make sure all my things are in the locker." hoseok now crosses his arms and gives taehyung a once over. "so: gonna tell me about your man?"

jimin chimes in, "i'll tell you about mine!"

hoseok nods his head, "it's jeon jungkook; everyone knows."

"what?" jimin exclaims, "where the hell-"

"everyone's been talking about it."

taehyung incredulously says, "it's only been a damn day!"

"same thing happened to that mino guy who was here." hoseok shrugs, "but don't worry jimin, i don't think jungkook knows."

"really?"

"no, he definitely knows. his pal yoongi texted me last night, and apparently jungkook isn't necessarily against the idea of, you know."

upon registering those words, jimin then rushes out of the locker room to get to the pool, leaving a flustered taehyung behind with hoseok.

"your man, you were saying?"

 

 

jimin has his hopes up the second he gets to work, but after four hours and no sign of jungkook or his friends, he feels a little jaded. it's an exhausting day without having someone to look at and taehyung has been exceptionally silent since he's come from the locker rooms. hoseok doesn't greet him and taehyung hardly makes attempts at looking his way. so they're both just moving along the day without too much to keep them motivated other than the fact that they actually need jobs in the first place.

by the time their lunch break comes, taehyung informs jimin over some sandwiches in the staff break room, "you know, every wednesday that we stay later we can get paid more. in for it?"

"sure."

taehyung catches how jimin's tone is less than adamant, as opposed how he was earlier in the day. he puts two and two together and explains, "you know, i'm not saying this to crap you out even more, but the guy who worked here before you quit because of jungkook." jimin's ears perk eagerly and taehyung almost laughs at how attentive he becomes over the sound of jungkook's name. "it's just, i mean it wasn't even just him. do you know the busboy in the kitchen? hansol?" jimin vaguely can recall the image of a kid too young to be working at the club as he nods and taehyung's hands rest on the table as he rolls his eyes, "he used to work at the pool last year for maybe half the summer. he never told me why he quit but I already knew he had a thing for jungkook."

jimin nods his head in sympathy. "and mino?"

"i don't know for sure, i mean i gotta clue, but he never told me why he quit working here at all. he was head over heels for jungkook but i think jungkook's friends would always bug him. might be the same thing that happened to hansol." taehyung offers a comforting grin and encourages, "but if you like him don't get too hurt if he doesn't like you back. i like having you work here with me; gets so boring here sometimes."

jimin decides to change the subject before he lets it exhaust him with worry. "and what about you? and the lifeguard," jimin says that last words so under his breath it sounds like a grunt.

but taehyung still flushes and mimics jimin's mumble, "nothing happened."

"does he know?" jimin can see the way taehyung's eyes avoid his and how his fingers trail over his sandwich, picking and peeling at the corners, but never a sign that he's going to eat it.

taehyung purses his lips before clicking his tongue and saying, "i came here to work, not worry if the guy i like likes me back."

 

 

they do end up staying later, even until the lights for the pool have dimmed and members start heading off. taehyung is called back to the laundry room over something about an employee accidentally using the wrong detergent on the towels so much that it's just jimin at the pool most of the time. when jimin comes back from dropping a bin off by the laundry room he doesn't expect to see a familiar figure sitting, hunched forward on the end of a beach chair, just staring at the water in the pool. he almost wants to make his way back to the laundry room and wait until jungkook leaves but then it would raise questions, and he doesn't like being the center of attention.

after a few seconds of turmoil, he braves waltzing up to the boy, and clears his throat to say, "it's a little late to be here, kid."

jungkook's eyebrows raise and when he sits up and turns his head he feels like running. out of all the staff at the club did it really have to be jimin here? he emits a small laugh and asks, "kid?"

jimin is too busy wondering why jungkook looks even nicer with a shirt on as he did with it off to really register that jungkook is conversing with him.

jungkook takes the silence as a serious sign, and makes to get up.

but jimin blinks back into reality and reassures, "uh, you know what, i'm the only one on floor right now so you can, uh, chill here if you want."

jungkook can't bite back the beam of his smile, "really? you won't report me for trespassing or something like that?"

the way he talks to jimin makes him feel like butterflies are skittering inside, and it's so damn ridiculous to feel that way but it's just that. he tries to picture the brat taehyung was talking about, the brat who costed two employees their jobs as pool boys, the brat who's worlds away and wouldn't even think about giving him a chance.

jimin just shakes his head no, returning the smile, and jungkook sits himself back down, but instead of staring at the pool he just watches jimin pick up the rest of the towels in a comfortable silence.

 

 

this goes on for two weeks: jimin deals with the pool and jungkook tries not to be so obvious on where he is looking. his friends know, a shy of all employees know, but jimin pretends that it doesn't bother him when really it does. he tries to tell himself that he's okay with watching jungkook hanging out with his friends during the day like they don't know each other, and alone every wednesday night like they wouldn't want to be anywhere else. taehyung's stopped discouraging jimin because jungkook doesn't seem so bad when he tries to help them out wednesday nights. granted, he does more damage than good - like how sometimes he confuses the clean towels with the used ones, or how he can't fold to save his life - but his laugh is cute and even though he never says much, taehyung is glad doing most of the talking.

when the third week starts rolling in, taehyung is called into the laundry room again, grumbling under his breath as he leaves, "someone has got to fire that : he's wasting detergent."

he's gone and it's become too quiet for comfort, however it doesn't crush jimin and jungkook's smiles as they fold towels. jungkook's pile is still crooked and haphazardly stacked compared to jimin's and taehyung's, but he's gotten much better. jimin vocalizes the praise.

making jungkook blossom even without any sun or lights to better accentuate how cute he looks; two front teeth firmly pressed on his bottom lip and cheeks high in rise of his delighted smile. "you think so?"

jimin bows his head in exaggeration, "absolutely! hell, why don't you just apply?"

jungkook doesn't have to reach far to lightly punch jimin's bicep, but he does scoot much closer than he was a second closer. their elbows brush up once or twice before jimin leans to his right to accommodate space. jungkook jokes, "i'm making your job easier."

"i think you're just making me do more work." jimin grabs a towel jungkook's just folded and unfolds it only to fold it again, this time much neater with efficiency and jungkook rolls his eyes. "i appreciate the effort though."

"sure."

minutes later, after having taken the bins of used towels to the laundry room, and even being entertained with the sight of taehyung covered in soap, jimin and jungkook are heading back to lock up the gates to the pool. however, jungkook's mischievous grin shows a different idea, and jimin catches it once jungkook pulls his t-shirt up and over his head before slipping his sandals off and jumping into the pool. the splash is terribly loud compared to the peace of no one around, and jimin starts to panic.

"jungkook-"

he resurfaces with the brightest smile in the world, one that resembles a happy child, but the only thing on his mind is just how fired he is if anyone spots them. jungkook pouts once he takes in jimin's horrified expression, "oh come on, jimin, just let me splash around for a little."

"jungkook, i could get in trouble."

the younger's expression changes one to seriousness, and he swims up to the edge, holding his hand up like he's a sad little boy. "help me out?"

jimin crouches to do so.

but the second he's within reach, jungkook's face changes back to his smile, and jimin's being pulled down into the pool. his heart jumps out of his chest for a split second, eyes being rushed with the sight of water and ing hell, it is so ing cold- jimin sees countless bubbles but he resurfaces safely, taking a deep breath of fresh air, inevitably drinking in some water, and he gurgles with frustration, "jungkook, i sweat to god-"

he hears jungkook's beautiful, bubbling laughter, eyes smiling and nose crinkled in hilarity, guffawing with glee on every syllable, "i can't believe you fell for that, jiminnie."

"don't in'," jimin splashes his hand and a mound of water barely misses jungkook, "call me jiminnie, you asshat."

"you splash like a , jimin."

jimin's more childish side comes into play; he should have known, jungkook is a stubborn little brat who wouldn't have gotten out of the pool so easily. he was duped and he knows that, but. "what'd you say?"

jungkook's swimming away from jimin but his upper body is hunched forward to taunt, "what? what are you gonna do about it?"

jimin momentarily releases a short fit of coughs to get the water out of his mouth, before growling, "i'm gonna get-" he splashes rapidly, swimming towards jungkook even though the younger is giving him the same treatment with a squeal, "you, you little -"

jungkook squeals once again, becoming scared at how fast jimin is even with his attire and makes to the nearest ladder. he's got both of his hands onto the bars, one foot on the step, but jimin tears him off of it. jungkook erupts with a contagious mix of giggles and screams, up until jimin turns him around and pins onto the ladder.

"oh no, you're trapped," jimin satirically exclaims, "what should i do with you?"

none of them realizes jungkook finds purchase on jimin's chest, or that jimin's hands move to hold him up by the waist, or even that none of them are pursuing an attack against one another. jungkook is so lost in the position and situation that he doesn't think as he closes his eyes and kisses jimin.

just like that, and jimin let's jungkook go and even swims back a few feet, it's so fast jimin's back hits the other side of the pool before jungkook opens his eyes. confusion is seen in jimin's face, and immediately jungkook's demeanor looks wounded.

"i," he whispers, feeling small with jimin looking at him like that, "i'm sorry."

the elder begins to feel hurt to make jungkook look at him like that, and he shakes his head, "n-no, i'm sorry."

jungkook's brows furrow, "why would you be sorry? you didn't do a stupid thing."

jimin sees how abashed jungkook is as he admits, "i did." it's jungkook's turn to look perplexed, and jimin adds, "i pulled away."

he right away wants to just slip in and let the water swallow him up in hopes of avoiding jungkook's reaction, even though it doesn't look negative. in fact, it's more than even a good one, his eyes soften and he carefully swims closer to jimin, ripples of water hitting the elder every second, reminding him that jungkook isn't running away. it's jimin who now has his back hitting the wall, and jungkook tentatively wraps his arms over his shoulders and neck. for seconds they just observe one another; their eyes, their lips, their cheeks, how every individual water droplet complements their features. they both reek of chlorine but it doesn't ruin the mood.

jungkook is the one that leans in, painfully slow, taking more time than they both need and jimin could scream at him for teasing if he wasn't just as hesitant as he is eager. but when their lips finally meet, it's not like how jimin expected it to be. he thought fireworks and his favorite song would bombard in his head, that his heart would burst out of his chest, or that he wouldn't know exactly what to do. but it's surprisingly easy, especially since jungkook is patient and willing to follow jimin's lead. he doesn't remember when their eyes have closed, or when jungkook's arms bring them closer, or when jimin's hands finally get to meet jungkook's back muscles. but their chests are touching and their legs are getting tangled under the water.

and jungkook isn't rejecting jimin's open-mouthed invitation, instead taking it with vigor, and jimin inwardly groans at the action. now he feels like his heart might burst, if not for their kiss, but the way jungkook replies back with an even louder, but much softer-sounding groan, breathing out his nose and letting his fingers run through jimin's damp hair. he feels so good so close, their skins slippery and cold, goosebumps running themselves on their limbs and jimin emits a shaky breath the second jungkook pulls away. they just stare into each other's eyes, waiting for the other to say something, do anything, but there's nothing but satisfaction.

the moment doesn't last too long, not when they hear footsteps and jungkook's head comes up to blurt with a shocked, "dad!"

jimin's body runs cold just from that one word, and when he sees just who jungkook's dad is, he is sure he is more than just fired. "," he exhales under his breath, letting he and jungkook pull as far apart even though it's likely his dad has seen enough.

jungkook's dad, aka mr. jeon, aka the man who owns the damn country club, thankfully either misses or dismisses the profanity to raise an eyebrow and question, "jungkook, i thought you were at your mother's already?"

"i- i was, i just-" he is so flustered he can't even bring up a steady sentence. "i just wanted to hang out with my friend a little longer."

luckily, mr. jeon doesn't come off like the situation matters, not even pointing out that jimin looks a little more than a friend, considering he had his son's tongue down his throat seconds ago. "well, it's late. maybe you can call your mother and tell her you'll be staying here tonight."

"yes, dad." jungkook is quick in getting out of the pool from the ladder jimin had him pinned on, and jimin uses the one on his side of the wall, conveniently the closest one to jungkook's dad. they briefly make eye contact, but gratefully it's not one of shame or disappointment, a little more on the indifferent side.

mr. jeon turns to jungkook, who grabs his shirt, slips his sandals on, and grabs a towel. he sheepishly bows his head on his way to the gate to call, "bye, jimin!"

he's gone before jimin can respond, and now it's just he and jungkook's dad. the situation is uncomfortable, but it looks more on jimin's side as his dad speaks casually, "you're a pool boy?"

jimin nods quickly, "yes, sir."

"mm," he grunts, lips pursed. after seconds of silence, as if he's thinking of something, eyes scanning the ground, he adjusts his gaze back on jimin to ask, "and you're jungkook's friend?"

"y-yes," jimin pauses a little longer, "sir."

he clicks his tongue, "he doesn't cause too much trouble now does he? i'm always getting complaints about he and his friends from my other employees." his eyes are now scanning jimin from head to toe before nodding, "but you look like a nice friend. please, if he does anything don't hesitate to contact me." he looks like he's about to leave, giving jimin a chance to breathe, but he swirls on his heal and faces jimin again, "do you like working here?"

jimin, in a way, doesn't necessarily like doing work there. the sun's too hot to be out with dress shoes, pants, and a thick polo. sometimes the members get a little snippy and leave their towels and trash in the most absurd places, like in the toilets inside the shower house. and maybe once or twice jungkook's friends might've given jimin a hard time; much to jungkook's dismay. but taehyung is there, laughing with him whenever jimin screams at the sight of a random squirrel, and even though things have been rocky between taehyung and hoseok, the older guy is still relatively friendly.

and then there's jungkook.

"yes, i like working here."

"good," he smiles. it doesn't resemble the way jungkook's smiles, but it still relaxes jimin. "good."

he walks away after that, arms behind his back and jimin can't help but let those words repeat in his head. good.

 

 

the next day, jimin is heading inside the locker room but only to stop mid-way when he spies taehyung laughing at something. he peers inside and catches the sight of hoseok standing next to him, they're both laughing. it's almost a relief. taehyung didn't tell jimin, but supposedly taehyung confessed his feelings for hoseok and he's been trying to get over hoseok's rejection to stay friends. the only reason why jimin found out was because he heard some ball boys who work at the golf field in the staff break room talking about it when they forgot he was still in there. he didn't even know how to approach the subject to his friend, but he just decided taehyung would tell him when he's ready.

he strides on inside with a cheerful beam, "hi, guys!"

hoseok leans off jimin's locker to respond with an even happier tone, "well look who it is! if it isn't the pool boy who got some from jeon jungkook."

there's a round of applause on the other sides of the lockers, most likely the valet guys; they're all s. jimin rolls his eyes and taehyung shakes his head, "wow, what did i say? don't do anything to get you fired, and you get caught kissing your boss' son."

jimin then points his finger at both of them with a whine, "you were the s who didn't even tell me about that by the way! thanks a lot!"

it's so damn loud in the locker room now, all the guys guffawing to their heart's content the while jimin quickly changes and leaves. someone even calls out, "why don't you ask your future father-in-law for a raise?"

he's about to retort with an even inappropriate comment when he bumps right into jungkook, feeling the latter's hands come to his chest and release a huff of breath, "jimin!"

jimin raises an eyebrow and suddenly feels self-conscious. he doesn't need jungkook there right now when the idiots inside are still laughing at him. his life is struggle. "jungkook, what are you-"

"i wanted to come see you! i hope that's okay." he swiftly leans in to kiss jimin in the corner of the mouth, a giggle being suppressed in the process. jimin admires how cute he looks when he's trying his best to not seem too happy to see him, but his eyes say it all, if not for the way he his lips in from embarrassment. he then his head to try and get a peek inside the locker room, "unless you're busy?"

"no," jimin earnestly guides jungkook away from the hell haven.

it's jungkook's turn to stop jimin when they're almost at the entrance for the pool, his smile faltering, "actually, i don't- uh, i don't want my friends to see us."

jimin feels like his heart just fell into the acid of his stomach and came right out of his . "wh-what?"

jungkook realizes what he then said and furiously shakes his head, "oh god, no, that's not what i meant! i just- my friends are so embarrassing and i don't want them to scare you is all. i'm sorry, i didn't mean-"

despite the apology, jimin suddenly is reminded that jungkook is not only a member of the club but the offspring of the owner, and he basically works for him.

but really looking down at how jungkook has both of his hands covered over jimin's like he would rather die than let go, it dons on him that it doesn't really matter. the guys in the locker room who find it hilarious as well as preposterous that jimin somehow got jungkook, or how jungkook's friends may give jimin a hard time because they simply can, it really doesn't change how jimin feels. it never had.

"jungkookie," jimin firmly says, stopping jungkook from ranting his apologies, and gets the younger to eminently look in his eyes. "it's okay, i'm not scared of your friends."

"you're not?"

jungkook sounds just as insecure as jimin would be if jungkook tried befriending the guys in the locker room. "yeah, i'm sure."

he seems skeptical as he confesses, "they have a habit of making the employees at the club quit, and as much as i'd like you to not work and instead just be with me, i also like having you here."

jimin jokes, "you just like ordering me around and leaving your towels and gatorade bottles in the pool so i can jump in and get it."

jungkook's look of guilt then changes to humor, a sly smile painting over his face as he leans in and kisses jimin. the elder accepts the kiss, not minding that anyone from the locker room or the pool can really walk out and see them in the middle of the empty concourse.

the elder has to gently shove the younger off of him after they simply kiss for a few more seconds, to exhale sharply and say, "now if you don't mind, i have to get back to work."

at that jungkook's hands reluctantly let go of jimin's and allows him to enter the gates by himself.

 

 

"jimin, there's another towel in the pool!"

"damn it, jungkook!"