At the Office (Swing-SJM)

In the Music

 

    The Ultra Entertainment office had just opened up, so it is small and there are not many people working in the office at this time. It is a new sub-entertainment company started by SM. The workers being great friends before accepting the job at the office. Their current job is to go through applications for the company. They have to accept at least 10 applications by March 26th or the company will shut down. Not all of the eight of them are really excited to be ‘running’ an entertainment company of their own, pretty much, but some of them are. 

    Looking at one of the applications ZhouMi seems unimpressed by the applications. It appears to be filled out incorrectly. He sets it to the side, feeling that it was about time to take a break after looking at nearly 20,000 applications his brain was fried. He walks over to the break table, with his coffee mug and sandwich. Henry was already there taking a break from whatever it was he was doing. 

    “This is ridiculous.” ZhouMi says as he sits down. 

    “I know, why do they think we want to look at these looser’s applications.” Henry didn’t really think the people submitting applications were really loser’s he was just stressed from being stuck in the office all day and had been sitting at the break table for about an hour. 

    Henry continues to talk to ZhouMi who was focused more on his phone than he was Henry. Henry notices the sandwich sitting on the table. He picks it up examining what kind of sandwich before deciding that he was going to take it from ZhouMi. 

    “Hey, that is my sandwich.” ZhouMi shouts at Henry once he notices he has the sandwich.

    “You weren’t going to eat it so it is mine now.” He says then sticks his tongue out at ZhouMi and runs off to the other side of the office running past KyuHyun at the copy machine.

    “Why won’t this work?” KyuHyun had to copy the flyers that were to go all across the town. He was about to kick and punch it when EunHyuk comes up.

    “KyuHyun, all you have to do is push this button.” He says hitting the big green button.

    “Oh! Thank you EunHyuk.” KyuHyun gives EunHyuk a thumbs up as EunHyuk makes his way back to his desk. KyuHyun had been just about the same amount of time as the rest of them have been, so his brain is probably just as fried as the rest of theirs. On the other hand EunHyuk must have just arrived at the office. 

    RyeoWook gets a call, him being one of the ones excited to get this company started answers the phone just as soon as it rings. Upset that the call was a wrong number, and not someone wanting to apply for the company he sighs and goes right back to his work. He finds an application that is filled out correctly and looks most interesting and he decides to give the audition clip a listen. He starts to nod his head along with the music, clearly impressed by the clip.

    DongHae starts scribbling all over an application that had been filled out completely wrong. He then tears it up and crumbles up and notices that SungMin is already dreaming of a vacation. 

    After the paper hits SungMin he apologizes to DongHae. He looks at calendar and draws a circle over the deadline, which had been circled many times before that. He notices that SiWon is sleeping at his desk and as he makes his way over to the copy machine he wakes him up, hitting him with a few of the applications he believes are possible trainees. 

    SiWon wakes up with his fists circling in the air as if he were dreaming he was in a fight with someone. He then looks over at Henry who is getting on to him for sleeping. They both go back to their work. SiWon starts to nod back off to sleep, when his head drops he jumps up from his seat. 

    “I can’t take this! I need to move.” He startles the others who were into their work. He starts to clear off his desk and the rest of them just look at him as he calming takes everything off his desk.

    “What are you doing SiWon?” DongHae questions.

    SiWon didn’t answer his question he just set everything in the corner of the office and started to play some music. “Let’s dance~!” He smiled at them as Swing started to play. This is the song they had been working on before the Ultra Entertainment company had been opened. “We need to make a dance to this song.” He encouraged the rest of them to clean off their desks. 

    “But we have to get these applications turned in by the 26th.” RyeoWook is concerned that they won’t meet the deadline.

    “We have all month.” KyuHyun said.

    “And we already went through have the applications.” ZhouMi stated.

    “Which were all filled out incorrectly.” DongHae comments. 

    “I don’t even know why they put us on this project.” Henry shouted, standing up from his chair and pushing it to the side ready to dance. “Let’s dance, guys.” 

    They all look at each other for a little bit before deciding to go along with it. They had been working all week and they felt that they should take a little break, or they would break. 

    “Yeah! Let’s dance!” DongHae says as he gets up from his chair and just starts to free style to the song. 

    They are all dancing around the office, with papers every where and being weird little people, maybe worse than most children. They had a dance contest to see who would come up with the best dance for the song. None of them were serious while coming up with a dance for the song, but some of the stuff they had come up with they thought was actually pretty good to put in the dance. 

    The music so loud they didn’t hear the phone ring once. After a while the manger, over-looking the Ultra Entertainment Company project, comes walking into the office after his phone calls have not been answered. 

    They look at the manager as he comes into the office. They stop dancing like fools once they realize that it was their manager that was standing in front of them all. 

    “It was all his idea!” KyuHyun says pointing to SiWon instantly.

    “In my opinion this is on all of you, since no one is doing their work.” The manager says. 

    “No! We have some qualified applicants!” RyeoWook says walking over to his desk to show him some of the people he felt were good enough to pass the first round.

    “I even have some at my desk.” SungMin says.

    “What about the rest of you?” 

    They all look at each other wide eyed. They hadn’t seen an application that was acceptable and couldn’t prove that they had been doing any work. As SungMin and RyeoWook show the manager all the applications they accepted they rush to their desks and search the papers there and, on the floor trying to find one that looks somewhat acceptable. 

    “Since these two have enough applications for the rest of you I will let you off the hook, just this once, but if I catch you guys dancing around the office like a bunch of idiots again you guys are off the project.” He said leaving the office.

    The rest of the look at RyeoWook and SungMin and thank them for saving them. They then go back to dancing like idiots around the office.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello~! This story was written by yours truly~! Dragonmask~! I hope you enjoyed it. Please let me know what you think in the comments!