Meet The Gang

The Astronomers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 7am on a Saturday in Seoul, South Korea. The city beyond Park Charlie's front door was slowly beginning to wake up, a couple of people at a time, though he did not stir. Breathing lightly, his home was quiet. Pyjamas twisted, and his dark blonde quiff an untidy reminder of his restless night of sleep - if you could even call it that. Prongs of light threatened to burst through the dark blue curtains and disturb him from his slumber, though thankfully he had pulled them tight enough so that they would defend him well from the relentless sun-lit enemy: morning.

His phone began glowing on and off at this time of day as his best friends began to wake up and chat on their LINE group, but he was so used to it now that it never could wake him.

[07:28am] Mickey: good morning sunshines!!
[07:28am] Mickey: mamamoo are performing on the show tonight, i can't wait!
[07:32am] Mickey: you guys really at waking up early

The glow from his phone lit up the room to reveal a bedroom mostly very neat for an adolescent male: books were arranged in height order on his bookshelf; his desk was prepped and ready for him to get some work done; and there were minimal clothes on the floor - just the ones from yesterday tossed aimlessly to the ground.

Even his bedroom walls were well organised with posters and photos of his favourite group: Mamamoo. Some were official, and some were just photos he'd got blown up onto poster paper because he simply couldn't live without a 500 x 800 print of the MoonSun couple gaying it up on his wall.

[07:56am] Sora: Good morning Mickey!
[07:56am] Mickey: sora!!! finally, someone is awake :)
[07:58am] Sora: My cat jumped on my bed and my eyelid
[07:58am] Mickey: oh nice
[07:58am] Sora: Not exactly the way I'd envisioned waking up on a Saturday morning, but hey-ho.

Gradually, Charlie could feel himself waking up. Slowly but surely he was becoming aware of his surroundings, wiggling a little to try get comfier and prevent the inevitable, that is, until he rolled over slightly and his arm fell over the edge of the bed, slapping coldly against the metal bed frame.

"Ouch! What the ," he grumbled, pulling his arm up back into bed and clutching it into his chest. His eyes weren't even open yet, and the day had barely begun, but somehow he'd managed to start it with an accident.

Shuffling over to his bedside table with a little groan, he stuck his hand out onto the smooth wooden surface in search of his phone. He grabbed it firmly and held it above his head, squinting as he flicked past his lock screen - MoonSun of course - and navigated his way onto the chat group with his best friends.

[08:04am] Charlie: good morning peoples (╹ェ╹)
[08:04am] Mickey: charlie! hello!!
[08:04am] Sora: Good morning Charlie! You're awake a little early today, huh?
[08:04am] Charlie: somehow I rolled over
[08:04am] Charlie: smacked my arm on the bed frame
[08:04am] Charlie: (which is made of METAL might I add)
[08:05am] Sora: Oh. Ouch.
[08:05am] Charlie: a little bit of groaning and grumbling, and here I am
[08:05am] Charlie: tbh my eyes aren't actually fully open yet
[08:06am] Sora: Haha. Squinty. ಥ⌣ಥ
[08:06am] Mickey: did you see? mamamoo are on the show tonight! do you want to watch it on our chatroom together? 
[08:06am] Sora: Ahhh the exciting times of a 22 year old with no plans on a Saturday night.
[08:07am] Sora: Count me in.
[08:07am] Charlie: hahaha awww Sora
[08:08am] Mickey: don't worry sora, now you do have plans ✧・゚:*✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[08:08am] Sora: You're too cute, Mickey.

Charlie kicked his legs up inside the covers as a sort of stretch, causing the quilt to ripple and a gust of mild air to lightly brush over him. He sensed the need to get up, and pulled himself out of bed, this time stretching properly with his arms up in the air as high as they'd go - forever dreaming they'd one day reach the ceiling.

Charlie was a short guy standing at 157cm - I told you - short guy. Though he constantly pushed his height to the back of his mind and pretended he was actually 6 foot tall, well, until someone came along and pointed it out, which was probably the most annoying thing to happen to him on a regular basis at this point in his life.

The blonde haired boy wasn't unattractive, he had an average looking face - nothing astoundingly beautiful, though his dimples shone out like little pots of honey on his milky cheeks. And his height was often a turn off for some girls, spewing out rubbish about how they'd look like his babysitter if they went out on a date; a comment that he despised to hear, especially from girls so beautiful they made his eyes water, but he was good at keeping things inside himself and never ever let on that it phased him.

He fixed the twists in his pyjamas and ran his hand through his fluffy hair before leaving the room and going downstairs for breakfast.

***

Over in Busan, an energetic Choi Mickey was already up, dressed and settled with a stomach full of breakfast. She had always been the energy pill of the group, ever since they all met at a MooMoo meet up event the previous year. Charlie and Mickey had already been talking on Twitter for a few months, and when the day came, it just so happened that Sora and Jaja both sat down at their table and very quickly they became a tight-knit group of friends.

The age differences didn't matter, in fact, they made it even easier to get along as everyone was at different stage in their life and therefore there was more conversation to be made.

The dark brunette girl sat slouched on her double bed, several brightly coloured pillows encasing her in a cave of comfort. With one hand on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter