Break Away [HyuKen]

100 Themes Fanfiction Challenge

“Sanghyuk?” Jaehwan called out the younger’s name when they both were looking at the bright lights of the buildings in Seoul from their balcony.
“Hm.” Sanghyuk hummed, not looking away from the beautiful sight in front of him.
“I want to run away and see the world. No stress and responsibilities, just freedom and feeling alive.”
“W-what makes you think like that all of a sudden?” Sanghyuk said surprised and turned around to face his boyfriend who stood next to him.
“My life here has become routine, I wake up, eat, work, and go to sleep again. Every work day I have to endure the same from my boss and colleagues. I’m just getting sick of it. The only positive of this routine is that I will be able to see you in the weekends.”

Sanghyuk stayed quiet, he didn’t really know how to reply to his boyfriend of three years. He knew that Jaehwan was adventurous and always needed to be entertained. It was one of the things Jaehwan warned him for before they started dating. The moment something became a routine, was the moment that Jaehwan would lose his interest in it. However, Sanghyuk was able to handle it. They decided not to meet every day and just saved their time together for the weekends. Sanghyuk would most likely go to Jaehwan’s apartment since he didn’t want his roommates to feel uncomfortable when they would show physical display of affection. Sometimes they would book a hotel for a weekend in another city and go on dates there. Their dates would always be different, they would never do something twice in the same month. This all made it possible to keep the relationship alive.

“Where do you want to go to?” Sanghyuk asked breaking the silence.
“Europe.” Jaehwan said and smiled. “It looks really pretty in pictures online.”
“I see… Europe seems nice.” 

Sanghyuk could feel something break in his heart when Jaehwan said he wanted to move to Europe. Jaehwan never lived very long in the same house, he already moved 5 times to another house in the three years they are dating. The same goes for his job, he always works at a company for around a year before switching to another. So it was nothing new that his boyfriend wanted to move out. However, Europe that was something completely different. If Jaehwan really moved to Europe that would mean they will have a long distance relationship and they would have to deal with timezone difference.

"So that means... if you move that we would get in a long distance relationship?" Sanghyuk asked softly.
“What... no of course not, silly. I want to take you with me. I'm not going to leave you behind. Europe would without you there."
“I… I don’t know… I’m still studying and I can’t just drop out. I would love to go with you, but you have to be a bit more patient until I finished my study.”
“I know, I didn’t say this because I want to leave right away. I just wanted to know your opinion about it.”
“I see… so you will endure you’re routine for me?”
“Of course I will. You’re worth it.”

It then became quiet again. Both enjoying the fresh evening breeze and the beautiful lights of the buildings, that surrounded Jaehwan’s apartment.

“You know…” Jaehwan said after a while as he took Sanghyuk’s hand. “When we move to Europe… then we should get married… There are countries where gay marriage is fine… so we should move to one of those countries and get married.”
“You… Are you…” Sanghyuk stumbled over his own words as he looked at Jaehwan and smiled.
“Yes, I am.” Jaehwan said as he looked Sanghyuk in his eyes, with a loving smile on his face. “Sanghyuk, will you marry me?”
“Yes. Of course I will. I love you so much!”
“I love you too. I love you a lot.”

The younger then wrapped his arms around the older before pressing his lips on Jaehwan’s.