Chapter 2

Ice, Cold Ethics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Chapter 2

The following few weeks, Ji Eun and Baek Hyun would meet up after school hours in the library to work on their project. They would equally split the work each day and work quietly alone and only speak if they really needed to.

Baek Hyun who was usually noisy and restless found it quite the challenge to stay in the same spot for a few hours. He would move about in his seat, shift his sitting position, stand up to stretch or walk around the library just to make himself stay awake. It was just too unbearably boring for him.

On the other hand, Ji Eun who had been too used to such an environment was dilligently working. She had said to,"try his best in completing something each day so the work wouldn't 'stack up' each day and it would be too much to complete in the end." when the boy told her that he was too tired while leaning his cheek against the surface of the table with a pout on his face. 

"Ji Eun-ah, why not we take a break today? I feel too zoned out to be doing this." Baek Hyun said while looking eagerly at the girl sitting beside him. They had gotten closer over the weeks but Ji Eun wasn't fully comfortable with him yet. She still found him a little annoying at times but she didn't mind the boy's company. 

After thinking for a bit, Ji Eun nodded while yawning and stretched her arms out, relieving the muscles that had been stiff due to the continous writing and typing they had done for the past 2 hours. Packing up her stuff, she was just about to turn to leave when she felt a grip on her arm. She then turned back around to face Baek Hyun with a confused expression.

Baek Hyun chuckled before saying,"Don't leave yet, I meant that we shouldn't continue with the project but i'm not too tired to enjoy a cone of ice cream. Ji Eun, what do you say, please?" Baek Hyun had been attempting to get closer to the girl but it was soon proved to be impossible when she continously rejected his offers to go out for a walk or a cup of coffee. Yet, Baek Hyun's determination never faltered and once again, he was here asking her for a little trip to get a cone of ice cream.

Squeezing his eyes shut tightly while waiting for the usual "No." to be heard he was extremely surprised when he heard the girl say,"Sure." He opened his eyes and stared at the girl,"Really? This isn't a joke right?"

Ji Eun smiled before saying,"No, it's not. Come on, let's go." She slung her bag over her shoulder before waiting for Baek Hyun to lead the way. They soon left the library with smiles on their faces as they walked side by side to the nearby ice cream store just a junction away from Seoul High.

Satisfied with her strawberry flavoured ice cream and his lemon flavoured one, they walked side by side on the streets.

[Where are you?] Ji Eun got a message from Soo Jung.

[With Baek Hyun, we got ice cream from the store nearby school, none for you food monster! :P ] Ji Eun texted back while chuckling, Soo Jung would surely be jealous as she knew this was one of Soo Jung's favourite ice cream stores.

"Who's that?" Baek Hyun asked as he slightly peered over at Ji Eun's phone. "It's just Soo Jung, she's getting jealous over our ice creams." Ji Eun sniggered. Baek Hyun nodded while he too, was silently laughing.

"So...what do you usually do during your free time?" Baek Hyun curiously asked, he really wanted to get to know her more. He had seen how close she could be with people and he doesn't know why but he just seems to be really drawn in and he just wants to be one of her close mates.

"Hmm..nothing very interesting. I mean it's what I like but to most people it seems really dull and boring, I bet it would sound boring to you too, considering how energetic you always are." 

"I'm a good listener, you can tell me. I won't judge." He raised his hands in a playful, defensive manner.

"Well, I would usually go to the park across my house at night and just watch the stars. My grandpa had brought me there many times when I was young, together with my oppa, Sung Jae and younger sister, Jae Rin. But he died 5 years ago...I still go there every week just to refresh my memories of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter