-Final-

Not a Chance (안 괜찮아)

Word count: 787

 

”The problemarrow-10x10.png with time is that no matter how long or short it is, it always runs out.”

 

Gayoon knew that for a fact, first hand.

 

Jihyun her trainee crush, her first love and lover. Also her group leader.During their latest promotionsarrow-10x10.png their car lost grip in the stormy weather and it flipped over. Jihyun, Quick-witted as she was. Quickly made sure the members were safe before she herself took the hit.

 

The memory is so clear in her mind. Jihyun had flown up from her seat and quickly ushered all members down on the floor. And before she herself had a chance to get down the sound of a car horn and crying tires followed by a dolphin scream they all knew belonged to their Nam leader.

 

Blood, and lots of it, their leader was laying in a small pool of her own blood. Jihyun had flown out through the windowarrow-10x10.png and onto the cold hard ground. Like a marionette being pulled by strings.

 

She just laid there. Unmoving, barely breathing. Bloody and bruised. Broken

 

All cried, their everyone from their company had gathered. All gaining strength from each other while Jihyun was in the operation roomarrow-10x10.png. Hours seemed like years until she finally was rolled into a small privatearrow-10x10.png roomarrow-10x10.png. Gayoon and Sohyun both grabbed her bruised and broken hands. Hyuna was to scared to come to close and choose to watch from a corner. And Jiyoon the group's father tried to stay strong but eventually broke down and cried too.

 

Their CEO had managed to make everyone except the 4minute girl's leave Jihyun's side so they could rest. But the 4 remaining 4Minute members didn't budge. Eventually the nursesarrow-10x10.png gave in and rolled in 3 extra beds. Sohyun and Hyuna shared, Jiyoon and Gayoon shared while Hong cube slept by himself.

 

In the middle of the night all jolted in their beds. A loud beeping noise echoed in the roomarrow-10x10.png and halls. Horrified they noticed it was Jihyun who was coding. The machine pumping air into her lungs seemed to fail as well and Jihyun coughed violently her body desperately trying to get air but she didn't stand a chance. She never did.

 

She passed away that night. Despite the doctors reviving her multiple times. Hong Cube stepped in, scolding the doctors. Who were they to force this young girl to live despite her severe injuries. So severe there would be no guarantee she would ever be able to walk any less dance. Speak never mind sing. Who were they to keep her alive using machines that destroyed her body even more in the process.

 

Gayoon wished Jihyun would hold her in her warm arms, cook her delicious food and listen to her rant her emotions and frustrations during sleepless nights. Just as they did when she was alive.

 

The main vocalist kneeled down in front of the black tombstone.

 

R.I.P

Here Lie

Nam Jihyun - Aged 25

1990-01-09 - 2015-05-23

A Daughter, A Sister, A Friend, A Lover And Forever 4Minute's Leader”

4Minute forever and always”

 

It hurt, so much, no matter how hard she tried to forget that horrible night she could hear Jihyun's laughter and cries. Her voice as she so softly pleaded to live again.

 

Gayoon knew that even though the Jihyun in her head blamed 4Minute and Gayoon, The real Jihyun would never do such a thing. And yet. Jihyun haunted her dreamsarrow-10x10.png. Their dorm. Their memories.

 

Gayoon placed the bouquet of flowers she arranged herself on the tomb. Soft white snow startedarrow-10x10.png to fall  causing the red haired girl to look around. she saw how the snow had painted the graveyard white.

 

”I miss you, and wish I could see your face again. I can feel the details about your appearance and who you were fading. I'm scared, I don't want to forget you but I know the time we had together was time well spent. So maybe I should just let go?” Gayoon felt hot tears burn her frozen cheeks.

 

”If we meet in another world let's never separate like this again...” Gayoon choked back a sob as she shook in sorrow. ”Not a singlearrow-10x10.png day passes me by without me hearing your voice and seeing your face. Yet I keep forgetting...”

 

Sohyun placed a hand on her unnie's shoulder. ”Let's go, the others are waiting.” Gayoon nodded. Sohyun helped her unnie up and held her tiny cold hands in her own as they walked towards their van.

 

Gayoon glanced over her shoulder towards the tombstone of her lover and smiled. Despite the tears running down her cheeks.

 

 "Let's meet again. Another time, another place. I'll pray that at least then we can live happily"