fin.

Green Jealousy

Jihoon finds himself on Tumblr way too often.

 

He blames Joshua for showing him this stupid site in the first place. This stupid website where everyone calls him cute, and tiny, and makes silly edits (though he has to admit some of them are really well done), and, oh y’know, ships his boyfriend with another member.

 

It’s stupid, it’s silly, it’s irrational, but it’s so unfair that it really just makes him want to scream.

 

It’s unfair because he and Seungcheol have been together for a little over two years, and during that time they’ve tried to keep it to themselves as much as possible. They’ve held off on too much handholding, cut back on back hugs, scolded each other when one got too touchy feely. They’ve been so good about keeping it as normal friendship-y as possible anytime they leave the dorm.

 

But Jeonghan and Seungcheol don’t have that problem.

 

They aren’t actually dating. They aren’t taking an insane risk any time they touch hands outside of their home. They don’t have to keep glancing over their shoulders when they do skinship in case someone caught it at the right angle. They can do skinship and be affectionate as much as they want because if anything were to ever come up, they can just say that it’s just how close they are as friends and not be lying.

 

Seungcheol and Jihoon can’t do that.

 

And it pisses Jihoon off.

 

Especially every time they finish a fansign, or a video, or an interview and his Tumblr is flooded with JeongCheol and SeungHan posts. Pictures, videos, fake subs, fanfictions. Text posts about how ‘Seungcheol is probably the type of boyfriend to keep hair ties on his wrist in caseJeonghan needs one.’ It just makes him so angry because he knows that Seungcheol and Jeonghan are just close friends. He knows that Jeonghan would never ever think of a relationship between himself and Seungcheol. He knows that Seungcheol is in love with him, but it doesn’t make his jealousy go away.

 

The last straw comes when he sees the clip of Jeonghan singing ‘View’ flit across his dash again. Someone’s added a comment since the last time he saw it and he doesn’t want to read it but his eyes rush over it before he can think better of it. ‘omfg though guys the way jeonghan touches coup’s face and is singing is just fadkj. they look so in love it’s ridiculous.’

 

It takes every ounce of self-control Jihoon has (which isn’t a lot honestly when it comes to his temper.) not to send his laptop crashing against the wall opposite his bed. He manages not to throw it, instead just closing it and laying it on the floor (maybe a little too roughly) beside his bed.

 

It takes a full three minutes of almost constant screaming into his pillow before he feels even a little bit calmer.

 

It’s just so unfair. How Jeonghan can just casually hug Jihoon’s boyfriend. How he can just touch Jihoon’s boyfriend’s face while singing. How he can walk around under and umbrella with Jihoon’s boyfriend’sarm around his waist. How he can do anything he wants because even if people started thinking they were dating, they wouldn’t have to worry about it because they’re literally just friends and it’s so ing unfair.

 

His inner self is saying something about how if he keeps thinking about this the envy and jealousy is literally going to turn him green (his inner Seungkwan comments on how horrible that will look with his hair.) but he can’t even care at this point. He’s jealous. He’s ridiculously jealous. But he’s also just really really upset because he would love nothing more than to be able to sing the song he wrote for Seungcheol all those years ago on stage and look at his boyfriend the whole time and smile like an idiot because he’s just so in love.

 

But he can’t do that. And his stupid boyfriend either doesn’t realize how much skinship he does with Jeonghan or doesn’t care and it just makes everything worse.

 

“Jihoonie?”

 

Jihoon pulls his face out of his pillow to see Seungcheol standing in the doorway to their bedroom, a towel around his shoulders and his hair still wet from the shower he’d been taking.

 

“Are you okay?” the elder continues, walking further into the room and closing the door behind him. “Seungkwan said he thought he heard screaming and something about being afraid you’d murder him if he came to check on you.”

 

“Tch, sounds about right,” Jihoon mutters before burying his face in the pillow again. Leave it to Seungkwan to send the object of his frustrations and the cause of all this raging mess of emotions to check on him.

 

“So what was the screaming for, anyway?” Seungcheol says, moving to sit beside Jihoon on the bed. He’s leaning on the younger’s back and dripping water on him but Jihoon doesn’t mind too much because he feels really stupid for being jealous when he has Seungcheol sitting next to him.

 

“Nuffin’,” he mumbles into the pillow.

 

“Jihoonie~ I can’t hear you when you hide your pretty face from me.” Jihoon can hear the smile in the elder’s voice and it’s so obviously bait but it works because Jihoon immediately sits up and glares at him.

 

“I’m not pretty. I’m handsome and manly and-” He doesn’t get to finish his list of adjectives because Seungcheol’s lips are pushing against his and the elder’s hand is on the back of his neck pulling him closer.

 

“You’re beautiful,” Seungcheol says when he releases the younger, a pretty flush covering Jihoon’s cheeks. It’s been over a year and a half of kisses and Jihoon’s heart still races every single time Seungcheol presses their lips together. “So what was the screaming for?”

 

Jihoon shakes his head. “It was nothing, just something stupid.”

 

Seungcheol pouts and Jihoon has to bite his lip really hard to keep from screaming again because Seungcheol is adorable and y and Shisus Choi how did Jihoon get so lucky? “It was obviously something.”

 

“Something stupid. We shouldn’t dwell on stupid things.” Seungcheol goes to speak again but Jihoon cuts him off. “You know what isn’t stupid? Kissing. We should do more of that.”


Seungcheol laughs before nodding, the fingers splayed across Jihoon’s neck moving up to brush through his pink locks as he moves in once more to bump their noses together. “I can go for that.”

 

have some more JiCheol.<3 I can never get enough of these two especially after i learned that tHIS WAS ACTUALLY JIHOON'S FIRST KISS IN THE GIF BELOW???? it makes me want to write a fic where Jihoon is being all pouty and mad because Seungcheol is a and they aren't even officially together but Seungcheol just stole his first kiss on Seventeen TV like omfg can you not? that's supposed to be a romatnic thing. but yeah, another day.xD