+ONE+

Clouded Memories of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jimin! Stop yelling goddammit!” The man yelled back.

 

“Who is Jimin?” I asked more quietly this time.

 

“Wh-what do you mean? You’re Jimin.” He sighed and let go of his head. Sliding down against the wall he sat down on the ground.

 

“I am Jimin? What’s my last name?” I asked almost in a whisper.

 

“Park. What are you-” The man looked up from his lap realizing what I had just said. “You don’t remember who you are?”
 

“Park Jimin? What a silly name.” I commented, leaving the other confused and lost. “Who are you?”
 

“I’m uh I am Min Yoongi.” Yoongi scratched his blond hair.

 

“Do I know you?”

 

“We knew each other yeah,” Yoongi sighed, how was he supposed to explain this. I hummed,

 

“What happened? Why don’t I remember anything?”
 

“I don’t know. Some guys were beating you up because you owed them money. I gave them some money to send them off and brought you here.”

 

“I owe money? What kind of person was I?” I was so curious and Yoongi still was waking up and hadn’t even had any coffee yet. The blond groaned,

 

“Come on let’s go get some breakfast.” Yoongi stood and walked over to his bulging closet he sifted through his stuff to find a box in the back of the closet. He pulled it out and set it on the bed, opening it, I crawled closer with curiosity. When I reached in for a flipped over picture frame, Yoongi slapped my hand away, shocking me, and glared at me.

 

“Here you can wear these. They are clean from the last time you were over.” Yoongi pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a tshirt.

 

“Are these mine?” Yoongi nodded putting the top back on the box. “What do you mean last time I was over? I used to come over a lot?” Yoongi groaned, and mumbled a quick 'later' before taking out some clothes for himself then stumble into his bathroom.

 

I watched the bathroom door for a minute before turning to the box Yoongi had left on the bed. Reaching for the lid, I opened it a little bit. I looked at the bathroom door once more when I heard the shower turn on. Turning my attention back to the box, curiosity taking the best of me, I opened the lid all the way.

 

The first thing to grab my attention was the picture frame I tried to look at earlier. I knew snooping was bad, I could feel the nervousness of having Yoongi catching me looking at something I was obviously wasn’t supposed to look at. But I grabbed the picture frame anyways. When I flipped it over to see the picture I was shocked, it was Yoongi. Although he had brown hair in the picture I could tell it was still Yoongi. He had his arm wrapped around another guy. The two were smiling and seemed to had been mid laughing when the picture was taken. I felt a twinge in my heart making me confused. Who was the black haired guy he was holding so closely?

 

The shower stopped, shocking me out of my stupor. I fumbled to put the picture back in the box and shut the lid before standing to change into the clothes Yoongi had given me before the latter came out of the bathroom.

 

“Do you want to wash your face?” Yoongi came out a few minutes later, hair damp and his clothes sticking to him. I nodded meekly, still feeling guilty from looking at the photo. I hopped off the bed and went over to the bathroom. Shutting the door behind me, I went over to the sink, bending over it to wash my face. I wiped off the excess water and tried to forget about the picture that I wasn’t supposed to see, but still curiousity ate at me. Sighing he stared at the fogged up mirror.

 

I wondered about who Jimin was. Where did he live? What about his parents, was he close to them? Why did he own money? Did he have a job? Did he go to college? I was so confused and felt so lost. At least I had Yoongi who knew Jimin and would help me. I poked at the scrapes on my face cleaning them before looking up at the mirror once more.

 

I lifted my hand to the mirror and started to wipe the fog off.

 

I could see his bright red hair parted in the center become more clear. My brown eyes surrounded by full lashes came into view. A small nose and a full set of lips came into view next. I stared at himself.

 

“So this is who Park Jimin is?” I asked my reflection. “I am Park Jimin.” I sighed, getting frustrated with the lack of recognition within my own face. Ruffling my hair, I looked up at the mirror again. My hair fell over my forehead and tickled my eyelashes.

 

I looked at myself confused for a second before reaching up to fix my hair. I swept my bangs to the side out of my eyes. I stared at myself until it hit me, I was the other guy in the photo. I must have previously had black hair, just like Yoongi had brown.

 

Yoongi and Jimin were once really close. But why didn’t Yoongi not want me to know this now? I groaned and left the bathroom even more confused than before, even though I found out who the black haired guy was in the picture.

 

“Come on I know a nice breakfast place.” Yoongi sat up from his bed when he heard me exit the bathroom. Yoongi looked up and was momentarily shocked when he saw that I rearranged my hair in the way Jimin had worn it when the two were close. Yoongi was quick to brush it off seeing my confused face at his reaction.

 

We left Yoongi’s apartment and headed down and out towards the street. Yoongi placed his mask over his face and hurried me along with a quick paced walk. After some time the blond stopped and pushed open a door that led to a rundown breakfast cafe, the bell attached to the door ringing overhead. I followed unsure and paranoid of my surroundings.

 

“Yoongi!” An older lady ran up to Yoongi, holding her arms up for a hug that Yoongi gave gladly. “Oh my and Jimin too! It’s been forever darling!” She then came over and smothered me in a tight hug.

 

“How are you Miss Shin?” Yoongi pulled off his mask, revealing a toothy eye smile.

 

“Oh good of course! I’ve missed you two! It’s been what? A year? You guys used to come every morning. I don’t know how the shop has stayed open without your guys business,” She laughed guiding Yoongi and I to a seat Yoongi must have been extremely familiar with judging from his reaction.

 

“Yeah a year. Time flies,” Yoongi sneaked a peek at me when I was quiet. I went to reach for the menu but Miss. Shin took it out of my hands and also took the one in front of Yoongi.

 

“I’ll get you guys the usual.” She laughed waddling away.

 

“What is the usual?” I whispered leaning in, bracing the table

 

“It’s just eggs for you and a coffee and muffin for me. Calm down, you don’t need to whisper.” Yoongi sat back, shrugging off his jacket and pulling out hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter