final

Triple Threat

Jonghyun was never the tallest in his age group, and he was never the type to wear shorts and hit balls over a net; he was more of the basketball or soccer type but the first one required height and the second sport was too physical for his own liking. That is why he was now lined up in Volleyball for his last PE for Junior High School.

 

At first he wasn’t really into the game, not even able to serve the ball to the other side, but when their PE teacher asked them to watch their school’s practice game against the B-team of Seoul District High School, he had changed his perspective about the sport.

 

The opponent school had a surprising ace, and everyone called them the Triple Threat. The trio was really a triple because the setter, ace and all-rounder were triplets. The Choi triplets were jaw dropping good and to make it monstrous, the three were just First years; that was the only motivation Jonghyun needed to officially join their school’s volleyball club.

 

“I am going to beat them.” Jonghyun gritted his teeth while fire burned in his eyes, surely this became his life goal.

 

But despite training hard, joining on his last year of Junior High School didn’t give him the opportunity to play on an official match, and thus, he focused his training on making himself expert on the basic techniques of the sport.

 

Eventually, upon entering Myeongdo Highschool, he became one of the few inductees of the school’s highly anticipated sports club. Jonghyun was very pleased that his training in the past year had bear fruits.

 

Jonghyun lacked the height compared to his team mate Choi Minho, a fellow freshman, but what he lacked in the height department was quickly replaced by his powerful spikes. The team was impressed with his power spikes but his techniques needed more training.

 

“Give me a good one Myungsoo.” Jonghyun called out as he practiced his spikes with his fellow freshman and setter Myungsoo. The younger of the two nodded and gave him a good toss. Jonghyun ran towards the anticipated the ball, and soon it was crashing towards the other side of the net.

 

They were expecting a hard collision with the floor but their jaws drop as a boy appeared and saved the ball from hitting the ground. Their jaws dropped at the turn of events and the boys smiled at them.

 

 

“Hi! I’m Ryeowook.” He introduced himself and the two were unresponsive. “Sorry about that, its reflex I guess.” Ryeowook shyly answered as he rubbed the back of his head.

 

“Hey Wookie, you’re back!” One of the second years called out, their ace Kyuhyun.

 

“Yeah, Sorry about my absence.” Ryeowook bowed and Kyuhyun approached them and glared at the two first years.

 

“Can’t you give your sunbae a proper greeting?” Kyuhyun, shouted and the two immediately bowed and greeted their sunbae.

 

“Oh no worries. Hey Hyukjae!!!!” Ryeowook ran to the captain of the team to talk to him about playing again.

 

“Now that we have a libero, we can beat Seoul District High!” Kyuhyun nudged Jonghyun and soon he was grinning.

 

“We now have our wings to fly.” Jonghyun added and they began to stretch for the start of their practice.

 

“huddle up guys!” Their manager Key called out and soon the players gathered in front of him and their coach Leeteuk who was beaming a wide smile. ‘Coach leeteuk has some good news guys.” Key uttered and that excited the players.

 

“We will be attending a summer volleyball camp by the start of summer. It will be 10 days and other schools in the district will be participating in this summer camp.” Leeteuk started and everyone was cheering widely.

 

“Now settle down. You will all be trained with the basic techniques and will be grouped with other players for rounds of practice matches as well as play with your team mates in a mock tournament at the end of the summer camp.” Leeteuk added and everyone cheered even more.

 

“Now get your parents’ consent and let’s blow the competition away!” Leeteuk shouted and everyone chanted with school pride. “Let’s Go Myeongdong High!” They all shouted

 

 

The day of summer camp came and the boys of Myeongdo high arrived at the venue only to be overwhelmed with the number of attendees the summer camp and their eyes were amazed with the bunch of guys who are a mix of good looking and handsome boys and some rough and buff bully like males.

 

But the place went silent when a mini van stopped by the entrance and three extremely good looking guys stepped out with their SDH jerseys and their expensive branded bags. They made their way to their team mates but eyes trailed them like hawks.

 

Jonghyun balled his hands into fists as he gritted his teeth; he wanted to pound those triplets to the ground. But what made his blood boil the most was the setter, Jinki. He always has this smile that is part sadistic because he knew it was mocking him.

 

He felt a gentle pat on his shoulder and Hyukjae led them inside the camp and took the keys to their shared bunk rooms. The team wasn’t going to share 1 room though because the rule of the camp was that  two teams will share some of the larger rooms due to the overwhelming number of attendees this year. Lucky for Jonghyun though because Myeongdo high will be sharing the room with  SDH.

 

They entered the room first and chose the left side of the room. They placed their bags in the cubby holes and changed into their training clothes. SDH members entered the room a few minutes after and bowed at them, MDH bowing back at them. Jonghyun eyed the triplets, particularly hating the situation right now. But when Jinki turned to beam them a smile, Jonghyun hated it ten times over.

 

Jonghyun walked out of the room first, not able to stand the atmosphere inside and just walked towards the grounds, where other players are either socializing or practicing some of their techniques. He walked towards the back of the camp where a lake was located. He took a ball from one of the baskets and then ran off to practice his spikes.

 

He was releasing his anger on the poor ball as it was hit again and again, against the building’s back wall when he heard a chuckle from his side. He turned and he regretted doing it as soon as he faced the source of the sound.

 

“You need a setter?” Jinki asked but Jonghyun shook his head and returned to pick up his ball.

 

Jinki waited for a favourable reply but Jonghyun continued to hit the ball and ignored Jinki. The setter sighed and walked away but still flashed Jonghyun a smile and a wave.

 

Jonghyun wanted to strangle that boy, how could he ask such a ridiculous question? He’s not here to make friends with the enemy, he’s here to pulverise them. And he will do that no matter what.

 

One of the events in the summer camp was a bonfire on their first night and everyone shared a talent of two. MDH did not let this chance pass them by so Jonghyun, Myungsoo and Ryeowook teamed up to put their school’s name on the watch list. Myungsoo borrowed their instructor’s guitar and played a tune. Jonghyun and Ryeowook seamlessly sang along the tune and two harmonized well, earning them a round of applause and loud cheers.

 

Jonghyun was immensely happy about it but then his happy bubble burst when the triple threat out did them once again. While the all-rounder Henry took the guitar, the Ace, Sunggyu and setter Jinki sang along. The three tripled the ante when they sang an English song. This brought roaring and thunderous cheers from the campers and Jonghyun hated them more.

 

The next morning was an even greater nightmare because they drew lots to find a partner for the training. It was a specialized training where a setter will be partnered off with an ace or an attacker. And as if lady fate was against him, Jinki was his partner. To make it worst, the partner thing would last until their fifth day in camp.

 

Jinki naturally extended a hand but Jonghyun just grunted and took a ball. Jinki positioned himself in front of Jonghyun and waited for the ball but Jonghyun didn’t even pass it to him. Jinki frowned at that but still kept his cool. The next pass was absolutely ridiculous to toss and he ultimately failed. Jinki sighed at that but apologized to Jonghyun. The third ball however, Jinki tossed perfectly and Jonghyun was able to hit the ball with precision.

 

“Sorry if it is too high.” Jinki called out but Jonghyun just stepped back to his position and grabbed another ball. Jinki sighed even more, why is this guy so cold towards him?

 

He took a glance at his twin brothers and was a tad bit jealous. Sunggyu was paired with Myungsoo, Jonghyun’s setter, and Sunggyu was teaching Myungsoo of the ball placements he wanted the setter to do. Myungsoo nodded and on the first try, he failed big time. But Sunggyu was forgiving and just allowed Myungsoo to try again.  Myungsoo eventually got the hang of it and soon, Sunggyu was hitting the ball with dead accuracy.

 

Henry on the other hand was paired with a libero. Ryeowook was kind of fragile but when Henry threw a ball at him, his reflexes blew Henry’s mind.  “Oh wow, those are some wicked reflexes.” Henry complimented and Ryeowook somehow blushed at that.

 

Jinki turned back to his partner and sighed even more. “What ball would you want?” Jinki asked but Jonghyun plainly ignored him. He threw the ball up in the air and soon, Jinki was trying his best to give Jonghyun the best set for a perfect kill.

 

The practice ended for lunch and Jinki wanted to talk to Jonghyun but the boy was already gone and pulling Myungsoo out of the court with him. Jinki walked to his twin brother Sunggyu who was sweating really hard. “How’s your partner?” Jinki asked and Sunggyu grinned at him.

 

“Well you know what my answer would be Jinki. Besides, I wouldn’t bribe the facilitators if I am not going to reap something out of it.” Sunggyu uttered and Jinki shook his head.

 

“You bribed the facilitators?” They heard a gasp and saw Ryeowook standing next to Henry.

 

Sunggyu was caught red-handed as he rubbed his nape. “I kind of liked your freshman setter.” Sunggyu blurted out and Ryeowook chuckled at that

 

“Oh wow, Ace of the triple threat is head over heels with our ice prince setter?” Ryeowook asked, chuckling a little.

 

“We maybe branded as triple threat but, we are still humans too.” Sunggyu uttered, elbowing Henry to help him out.

 

“It was a collective effort.” Henry confessed.

 

“I need to hear this over lunch.” Ryeowook uttered and soon walked out of the court to grab his bag and towel. “Henry, you coming?” He asked and the all-rounder shouted his reply.

 

“Well at least you two are working it out.” Jinki sighed, pulling Sunggyu with him to grab lunch.

 

“So what is this scheme?” Ryeowook asked and the triplets sighed as they placed their food on the table.

 

“I saw him once when I passed by a Junior High School interschool preliminaries.” Sunggyu confessed and Ryeowook eyed him.

 

“You are telling me that you fell in love at first sight?” Ryeowook asked and Sunggyu sighed and nodded.

 

“Wow.” Ryeowook uttered and then saw his saeng approaching them. He called them and Myungsoo immediately came over, sitting on the vacant chair next to Sunggyu and beaming a smile towards his partner.

 

Sunggyu blushed but acted cool; Ryeowook noted it and then turned to Henry. “And you?” he asked and Henry just grinned at him.

 

“I’d rather have my confession go according to plan.” Henry uttered but winked at the older. That tells more than words could and Ryeowook just nodded and then leaned in to whisper something in Henry’s ears. Henry blushed and Jinki wanted to push the jealousy out of system but couldn’t brush it off because he was just human too.

 

Jonghyun preferred to sit next to Minho, ignoring the grunts from the team mate who was actually flirting with Gyeonggi High’s Libero, Lee Taemin. Jinki sighed and played with his food, he can’t fathom why he was hated on so much by the partner.

 

The afternoon drills were a lot like an amazing race obstacle course session that requires agility, reflexes and teamwork. Jonghyun aggressively tackled the course with Jinki trying his best to catch up. He can match Jonghyun’s agility by some degrees but the way Jonghyun was doing things, Jinki’s confidence and will power slip like sand in an hour glass.

 

They managed to finish third, next to the captain pair Hyukjae and Donghae and the frosh pair Minho and Taemin. Jonghyun quickly walked to get some water and left Jinki who was panting heavily. Jinki hoped he could at least talk to Jonghyun what was bothering him and how he could improve to help him but seriously, Jonghyun was far from wanting to be paired up with him.

 

Jinki was about to go to the showers before he retreated for the night when he overheard Jonghyun and Myungsoo talking by the shower room’s entrance. He hid behind a pillar, straining to listen as much as he could to figure out his partner, when he heard something he never thought would be the reason for Jonghyun’s coldness.

 

“I hate him!” Jonghyun uttered, making Myungsoo sigh.

 

“I don’t get it hyung. The three brothers aren’t monsters like you think they are. To be honest, they are really down to Earth and are very good partners. I kind of see why they are called the triple threat.” Myungsoo uttered, rubbing his hair with the towel. “It’s because they support each other in everyway and their trust with one another is so great, they can play blind but still win.” Myungsoo uttered and Jonghyun’s blood boil.

 

“This is clearly why I disagree to this partner thing! You are now smitten over being paired up with their ace that you forgot why we are even here and training.” Jonghyun pointed out.

 

“No hyung, I did not. Working with Sunggyu hyung actually made me understand more about my role and how I can execute plays in favour of the spikers.” Myungsoo defended.

 

“Just make sure that you’ll remember why we are here. We have to pulverize them to the ground.” Jonghyun uttered and then stormed out of the room.

 

Jinki quickly hid himself and closed his eyes. He knew Jonghyun has bad blood against his school but not at this level. He walked towards the showers defeatedly and the water. He sighed and closed his eyes, hearing the younger’s words repeatedly and punching him in the face as realization drew to him.

 

The next morning started with exercises, and though Jinki could catch up with his partner, he stayed back and ran with the group of players trailing behind, mainly Ryeowook and Sungmin who were both liberos. But they weren’t weak or they don’t have the stamina, they were behind because they were chatting like girls about gossips. It turned out that Jinki’s school libero, third year Sungmin, was Ryeowook’s senior in Junior High School. Sungmin introduced Ryeowook to volleyball and the position of Libero; because Ryeowook isn’t as athletic as he could be but his reflexes were top notched.

 

 Ryeowook noticed the younger and he gave him a warm smile. Jinki returned it and then turned his attention to the front of the group where Jonghyun and Minho were doing some sort of marathon. Jinki felt a little prick in his chest, knowing that his simple wish won’t happen in the near or far future; but he kept his smile for the world to see.

 

The practice for the afternoon was a match between pairs and luckily for Jonghyun and Jinki, they were up against Sunggyu and Myungsoo. The first set was actually a shock to everyone because Jinki made so many mistakes and gave the other team a runaway 25-10 win. Jonghyun gritted his teeth and glared at Jinki who sighed and apologized to him. Sunggyu walked to his brother and patted his shoulders; he knew his brother was off at some points of the game, hesitating to give his all for a toss.

 

“I will do better on the 2nd set.” Jinki uttered but Jonghyun refused to acknowledge him and the 2nd set started with them not even talking.

 

Jinki did the first service and as expected, it was dead on. It was a service ace and Sunggyu grinned at his brother. The next service, Sunggyu was able to cover it but it was a chance ball, Jinki would love to have a great play on this but Jonghyun was thinking a little differently. Jonghyun jumped and met the ball, spiking it on an open area which made everyone gasp.

 

“Wow, that was unexpected.” Sunggyu chuckled, patting Myungsoo to focus on the game. “We’ll just play this one Myung, let them take the reigns.” Sunggyu uttered and Myungsoo nodded, knowing that his partner would want him to observe how the two actually play before they formulate a strategy of their own.

 

Surprisingly, Jinki and Jonghyun had done a few rallies and sets that they managed to get the 2nd set, and pushing the game into a crucial 3rd set. Jinki was not liking the idea of a game with them being on their own that he forced his way into Jonghyun’s stubborn head.

 

“Look, can you just trust me to give you a good toss?” Jinki asked but Jonghyun ignored him. “If you just trust me on this set, I won’t bother you anymore. Just let me give you a toss.” Jinki said, almost out of options at that time.

 

“Okay, get your case off my back.” Jonghyun waved him off.

 

The third set was mostly dominated by Sunggyu and Myungsoo’s flawless strategy but Jinki never gave up and waited for the perfect opportunity. He needed to prove that he could give Jonghyun a good toss. And about half way through the third set, there was a chance ball and Jinki put everything into it to give Jonghyun the perfect toss for a kill. With hands in the air and the ball’s projectile reaching him, he spotted Jonghyun and with ease, he gave the ball to the spiker who set the ball blazing through the other side of the court and getting the point that they wanted so badly. Jinki smiled as he successfully done what he’d always wanted to do, to give Jonghyun the best toss for a kill.

 

Jonghyun shrugged and took his place for a service and Jinki could feel his heart breaking at the lack of appreciation his partner was giving him. But it was a game and he needed to focus, sending Jonghyun better tosses that eventually made them win the set and match.

 

Jonghyun felt his hand tremble, not because he was hitting the ball fiercely but because of how Jinki had given him one of the best tosses he could ask for. The dead accuracy of the setter and how he managed to give Jonghyun the best possible placement was just too overwhelming. He clenched his fists tightly and went out of the court and towards the locker rooms to clear his head.

 

Jinki sighed but never bothered to follow the partner, he had promised this anyway. He then joined Sunggyu and Myungsoo to watch the game of Henry and Ryeowook versus Donghae and Hyukjae.

 

---

 

After the summer camp ended, Myeongdo High immediately returned to their practice, now gaining a bit more skills and techniques than before they had the camp. Jonghyun was pleased with Myungsoo’s improved skills, now more accurate in placement than he would have been ten days prior. The team was stronger than it was and Jonghyun knew that it was their year. 

 

Preliminaries started off one weekend and Jonghyun looked at the match schedules, noting that SDH were on group B while they were placed in Group A. He also noted that the only way to beat SDH, and Jinki to be specific, is to meet them on the championship round.

 

Myeongdo High were blackjacks of Group A, and everyone was surprised at how they improved over the past year, with impressive first years joining the roster. Jonghyun was mostly determined to face SDH’s triple threat and prove that they were the better team that in a span of 7 games in their group, they managed to qualify to the finals.

 

The final match of the summer tournament came and Jonghyun was pumped up and ready to face the triple threat and tell them who the better player is. The two groups meet face to face and Jonghyun looked at their opponent with fire in his eyes but somehow, there was something off about the team but he can’t seem to figure it out.

 

The game started and Myeongdo High was able to score 5 points in succession. But when a chance ball appeared, Jinki quickly converted it to a powerful toss and Sunggyu reversed the game with his kill. Jonghyun’s jaw dropped as he came face to face with the triple threat; he didn’t expect such play to be true and seeing it unfold right before his very eyes was just unbelievable.

 

The next thing that happened was SDH’s streak of points, with Jinki serving their aces with accurate tosses; Henry and Sunggyu hit the ball dead on and while Minho could block a few of their spikes, Sungmin proved to be the skilled libero that he was thought of, saving each ball and giving his team a chance to convert it to kills.

 

By the end of the first set, SDH had won an amazing 25-20. This did not suit Jonghyun well, because he was supposed to kick sand into their faces and not them eating SDH’s dust. He clenched his fists tightly and gritted his teeth; they need to win the 2nd set.

 

Jonghyun’s passion had driven Myeongdo high to lead 10-4 in the second set but Jonghyun’s aggressiveness was quickly put off by Jinki’s set skills and in no time, SDH was able to grab the lead, 15-12. Jonghyun was angered and asked Myungsoo for tosses. Jonghyun did some quick attacks but in the end of it, Jinki, Sunggyu and Henry as the vanguards and blockers put an effective stop to his spikes and eventually claiming victory with 25-23.

 

Jonghyun was beyond furious at the outcome of the event; though they ranked 2nd overall, it is still a spot below the triple threat. He walked out of the gym and released his anger by running and shouting around the nearby track and field. He eventually returned for the awarding ceremony with a cooler head but a slight defeated ego.

 

They received their medals and they heard the school’s anthem played before they ended the tournament. Myungsoo and Ryeowook were quick to crossover and congratulate SDH, especially their partners who showed nothing but pure genius. The two gladly welcomed them and thanked them, praising them as well because Myeongdo High was a super challenging rival.

 

Amidst the cheering and congratulating, Jonghyun walked out from the festivities because he was still pissed off that he couldn’t beat the triple threat. But before he could completely disappear, Sunggyu called him out and invited him to a sleep over this coming Friday.

 

“It’s our birthday, and we want to have a little game with you three.” Sunggyu explained and Jonghyun wasn’t so sure about it.

 

“I’ll see if I don’t have anything to do that day.” He replied and then waved before leaving the place.

 

Jinki watched the retreating back of Jonghyun and his lips turn into a frown.  He walked back to the bench to grab his bag and went back to their car first. His brothers followed after and the atmosphere quickly became gloomy. Sunggyu and Henry knew their brother was battling an internal turmoil and so, the only thing they could do is to keep silent and let Jinki think things on his own.

 

Friday came and amidst the birthday party, Jinki felt a little too gloomy to celebrate. The party was in full swing; their mansion garden was full of friends and family who were devouring unlimited food and cakes. Myungsoo and Ryeowook came a little later, almost close to dinner and Sunggyu and Henry were happy to see them. The two were led inside the house, where the triplet’s parents, designer Kim Heechul and Photographer Choi Siwon, was holding a dinner party for his VIP guests, surprisingly finding their coach Leeteuk. Myungsoo and Ryeowook greeted them before the birthday boys led them to the guest room to leave their big bags before joining dinner.

 

They met Jinki in the hallway to the guest rooms and the two gave him their gifts. Jinki thanked them and went back to his room to place the gifts and then walked towards the dinner table where he was expected to attend.

 

Dinner was a blur to Jinki, all day was a blur and he flashed fake smiles as he was greeted on his birthday, but deep inside, he just wanted to lock himself inside his room and just wallow in the sadness that he was feeling inside.

 

The dinner party was long gone and over when Sunggyu knocked on Jinki’s bedroom door. He opened it and Sunggyu was in his sports wear. Sunggyu invited him for a night game, but Jinki just sighed and shook his head.

 

“Jinki.” Sunggyu started.

 

“I don’t want to spoil your fun Sunggyu.” Jinki uttered and flashed a small smile which Sunggyu took and appreciated. He knew how much his brother is hurting even without him telling it out loud.

 

A little past 11 pm, a maid knocked on Jinki’s door informing him of a guest named Jonghyun who was invited for a sleep over. Jinki’s senses lit up as he met the guest who was carrying bag on his shoulder and three paper bags on one hand while the other was typing on his phone. Jinki cleared his throat and greeted Jonghyun who just took a glance and greeted him with a dry happy birthday. Jinki smiled a bit and took in the greeting, even if it was not a greeting he would want to hear.

 

“I’ll lead you to your room to put your bag down and then take you to where the others are. They are having volley ball by the gym.” Jinki told his guest and then led him up the staircase. “Would you want something to eat?” Jinki asked and Jonghyun just gave him a pointed look. “you can just ask our maids if ever you get hungry.” Jinki said and kept quiet as he led Jonghyun to a spare guest room. He waited out side as Jonghyun settled his bag and changed into his sports wear.

 

Jinki then him down the basement where Jonghyun’s mouth dropped at the stylish construction of an underground sports facility. Jinki led him to an elevator that went down to the volleyball court where the other four were already playing a game.  They heard the elevator and stopped to greet the new comer.

 

“You made it!” Sunggyu chirped and Henry shook hands with him. Jonghyun greeted them with a strained smile and the two happily thanked him.

 

“Join us.” Henry uttered and Jonghyun nodded, putting down his bag and started stretching. Henry then looked at his brother who shook his head and returned to the elevator.

 

Jonghyun saw him but just shrugged, Jinki is not someone he should care about. He continued to stretch but somehow Jinki was convinced by his brothers and changed directions to the lockers where the brothers has a stash of clothes.

 

Jinki returned and did stretches before he joined the game. It as a three on three, Jinki and Myungsoo were the setters of the team but instead of a triple threat versus Myeongdo high, the attackers drew lots for the teams. Henry and Jonghyun were placed in Jinki’s team while Sunggyu and Ryeowook were on Myungsoo’s team.

 

They started the game and Henry noticed the dead atmosphere between Jinki and Jonghyun and he sighed, focusing the two to the game at hand.

 

“Jinki, call the play, just set the ball.” Henry said and Jinki nodded.

 

The game was going well and the court was as high tech as it could get, with computer sensors to check the lines and to award points for the kill. Jinki was hesitant with his tosses and bith Henry and Sunggyu knew it because Jinki wasn’t smiling and he was off by a beat. Jinki never looked at Jonghyun and his eyes were blank. The brothers were worried so after the first set, Sunggyu and Henry pulled Jinki to the side to talk to him.

 

“This is your last game Jinki, why waste it?” Sunggu asked and Jinki sighed.

 

“Come on dubu, it is our birthday after all.” Henry said and Jinki nodded.

 

The second set commenced and Jinki played it like the finals match. He gave accurate tosses that Henry and Jonghyun converted to kills. And by the end of the game, Jinki was smiling wide and was as happy as he could be.

 

Jinki bid goodbye first, walking to the locker rooms for a shower before he went back to his room. The water pounded coldly on his back as he relished the last game of his life, with his decision solidly anchored on the game he had with Myeongdo High and face of Jonghyun when he was across the net. He closed his eyes and sighed, he had to do it for the sake of his sanity.

 

He walked back to his room and was surprised to see Jonghyun waiting in the hall way, holding a paper bag by his side. Jonghyun saw him and handed him the gift with another dry greeting and Jinki smiled at him before accepting the gift and walking back his room.

 

 

“I didn’t see your face at dinner last night.” Heechul commented as he sat for breakfast the following morning.

 

“He’s Jonghyun, Ace of Myeongdo high.” Henry introduced him and Jonghyun bowed to the designer.

 

“­­­­­I see. Enjoy breakfast.” Heechul remarked then turned to his coffee and the morning paper.

 

Jinki walked in late and Heechul raised his brows at his youngest son. “It’s not like you to have breakfast late, especially when we have guests.” Heechul remarked as Jinki walked towards him and give him a kiss on the cheek.

 

“I’m sorry, I overslept.” Jinki gave him a smile and took his usual seat, which was next to Jonghyun.

 

He ate his food quietly and the atmosphere was just awkward. Sunggyu attempted on a conversation which lightened the atmosphere a little but Jinki was detached from everything.

 

When Jonghyun returned home after the sleepover, his mother was waving an envelope with the National Sports Association logo printed on it. Jonghyun took it hastily and ripped it open before quickly browsing the letter and screaming with pure joy. It turned out that it was an invitation letter for him to participate in the national team to compete in the Asian Youth Olympics. Jonghyun was jumping for joy as his dream of playing on a bigger court was finally coming true.

 

“I got selected omma!” Jonghyun was super happy with it.

 

“I am so proud of you!” his mother hugged him, equally happy for her son’s achievement in a sport he so dearly loved.

 

The practice immediately started the next Saturday and Jonghyun was happy to see his friends, Ryeowook and Myungsoo, making the cut as well as Minho who was already talking to Taemin. Alsmo making the cut was Hyukjae and Donghae who were happy to be playing together again.  To make the line up complete, Sunggyu and Henry walked into the court with happy smiles, along with the national coach, Taecyon.

 

Jonghyun was confused that Jinki was not with them, of all the young setters in the country, Jinki was the top choice, and yes even Myungsoo knew that.

 

“Coach, where is Jinki? Wasn’t he the first choice as a setter?” Myungsoo asked, because he knew how Jinki would be the best choice for the position.

 

“Yes he was considered to be the official setter for the team, but he had just declined.” Taecyon explained and brushed of other questions about Jinki in favour of starting the training.

 

The training was an upgrade of the typical training that they were receiving at school and Taecyon was ruthless and serious like a military general. But he was also considerate in breaks that’s why the teens were resting on the sidelines and panting their way through the break they badly needed.

 

“Hyung, why did Jinki hyung decline?” Myungsoo asked Sunggyu, the setter was not settling without a valid reason for Jinki’s withdrawal.

 

“It’s something personal.” Sunggyu responded but Myungsoo was determined to get the truth out.

 

“We all knew that the selection team will come to the summer camp so we deliberately paired up with you guys.” Henry chimed in.

 

“You what?” Ryeowook was a little bit surprised.

 

“It’s not that we don’t believe in what you can do as a player but being paired up with the triple threat, it gives you an advantage. They will be looking for us and our partners would automatically be observed a little more compared to others.” Sunggyu added.

 

“It also means that we can showcase you more and get your chances of being selected better.” Henry said and Ryeowook nodded.

 

“If that’s the case then why would Jinki drop out?” Ryeowook posed the question again to which the two brothers sighed.

 

“It’s personal.” Henry uttered and without notice, Jonghyun stood up and made his way to the exit.

 

“Hyung.” Myungsoo called out.

 

“I need to know his reason. I promise to bring him in here.” Jonghyun said and completely walked out of the court.

 

 

“Jinki?” Heechul called out and the son stepped inside the office. “I see that you’ve declined to join the national team.” Heechul asked and Jinki nodded. “why?” He asked and Jinki stayed silent.

 

“You’ve been playing volleyball all your life, why change now?” Heechul asked and Jinki felt tears build up on the sides of his eyes.

 

“I just..” Jinki uttered, choked a little bit on the emotions that surged through him. “All my life, I’ve always played side by side with my brothers and playing for me is all about fun and games.” Jinki took a deep breath as he felt tears fell from his eyes. “But things changed, I wanted to play with someone else, but whenever I look him in the eye, I just see hate.” Jinki felt his heart was being ripped out, talking about this problem he’s been hiding, not even able to tell his brothers in fear of ruining their happiness with their prospect partners.

 

“Jinki, come here.” Heechul called out and opened his arms, hurting as well seeing his youngest hurting while his brothers are doing well in the sport that they love and the love of their life. “If it hurts you that much, then I will support you baby.” Heechul cooed and jinki felt a little bit of comfort at Heechul’s words.

 

“Master Jinki, a certain Kim Jonghyun wanted to see you.” The butler knocked on the door and Jinki pulled himself off of Heechul and wiped his face with the palms of his hands.

 

Heechul took a handkerchief and used it to wipe his son’s face before arranging his hair to make him at least presentable to the guest. When he was done, Jinki walked out of the office to meet Jonghyun who was standing in the middle of the foyer, wearing his training clothes and his face stern and cold. Jinki walked near but stopped a few feet away, just in case Jonghyun lash out on him.

 

“Would you like something to drink?” Jinki asked but Jonghyun just glared at him. “Let’s talk outside.” Jinki uttered and led him towards the deck off the side of the house and away from Heechul’s office.

 

 

The garden was serene, almost turning brown as Autumn was approaching. Jinki led him to a chair and sat opposite the teen, just as the maid set two iced tea glasses on the table along with plates of petit fours and cookies.

 

“You wanted to talk?” Jinki started and Jonghyun nodded, “I’m all ears.” Jinki said and smiled a bit, bitterness tainted his lips as he watched Jonghyun glared at him, showing how much hate he has for him.

 

“Why did you decline?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki knew that it was all about it, what would it be aside from volleyball?

 

“It’s a personal decision. I am just tired of playing.” Jinki shrugged, trying to sound convincing.

 

“I doubt that.” Jonghyun answered and Jinki sighed. “What is your real reason?” Jonghyun asked; his voice a little angry.

 

“You really want to know?” Jinki asked and Jonghyun nodded. “When I started playing, it’s just a game to me, a game I could play with my brothers and it’s all about the fun and thrill of playing.” Jinki started and Jonghyun was all ears. “But I met someone whom I wanted to play with more than anyone in this world and that completely changed my motivation. When I saw him jump high and hit the ball with full determination, I thought to myself that I wanted to support him; I wanted to be the one to give him the ball. It’s like being the wind beneath his wings; I wanted to lift him up higher until he could beat any walls that come his way.” Jinki confessed and took Jonghyun by surprise.

 

“But he won’t let me.” Jinki concluded and then stood to leave. “I’ll ask our driver to drive you off to the court.” Jinki said and started walking away.

 

“If I let you toss to me, would you play again?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki sighed.

 

“would you call me desperate if I say yes?” Jinki responded.

 

“Would you call me desperate if I say yes?” Jonghyun returned the question and Jinki broke into a smile.

 

“Would you really let me?” Jinki asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“How can I defeat you when you quit all of the sudden?” Jonghyun said and Jinki nodded, aware that the spark of hope that he had was a false one.

 

“I understand.” Jinki said and started walking again.

 

“Will you play for the national team then?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki sighed before nodding.

 

“It’ll be my last game Jonghyun.” Jinki said in a sad tone and Jonghyun felt like he was being shot in the heart.

 

Jinki went up to change into his training clothes and to grab his bag when Jonghyun felt someone clear his throat. He turned to see Heechul standing by the side of a door frame and looking at him with fierce eyes.

 

“Jinki is someone who doesn’t give up, but among my three, he is the most fragile. He is the youngest, and growing up, was the weakest and volleyball was the only game he could play without tripping or scraping his knee without a proper reason. Jinki found love in volleyball, I never thought that he’ll find defeat in it as well.” Heechul said and then turned around and walked back to his office, closing the door softly.

 

Jinki returned and led Jonghyun out of the house and inside the car where they became silent. Jonghyun looked at the sad face of Jinki and thought that perhaps he was forcing him way too much to breaking point.

“We are not a conventional family and we three were products of science.” Jinki started. “And perhaps he used this card on you. Don’t fall for it.” Jinki said then closed his eyes at the remaining drive to the court.

 

Taecyon was ready to pound Jonghyun to the ground but when he noticed Jinki walking behind him, he broke into a grin and hugged the boy. The national team is now invincible. Jinki stretched to the side while the others continued training, joining them a few moments after and being serious at it. Sunggyu nudged him and he smiled a bit, but his brothers knew how to interpret this into something way beyond words.

 

Jinki was playing well, Jonghyun noticed this, but he looked detached, even during breaks, he’s not sitting with his brothers. The isolation was too obvious and Jonghyun wanted to know more why Jinki was doing this; but he knew partly why Jinki was acting this way, and that reason was obviously him.

 

Jinki was paired up with Jonghyun during some trainings and Jinki asked how he wanted his tosses to be. Jonghyun just shrugged, he can hit anything Jinki can throw at him. Jinki nodded and started tossing, giving Jonghyun accurate placements whom the spiker converted to kills. Jinki was happy, genuinely happy that he could toss for Jonghyun but not completely happy because he knew Jonghyun still hated him. And that won’t change overnight, nor can be forgotten; but same is true about love which is sadistic in some ways that they are both same despite being opposites.

 

Taecyon then had the hard decision to choose the starting line up, with two great setters and amazing set of attackers, he was just at loss. The libero was not a question but setters, he can’t choose despite Jinki being the obvious contender and winner.

 

“Let Myungsoo be the official setter.” Jinki spoke out of the blue that made Myungsoo quickly protest. “Between you and me, I can be an all-rounder like my brothers.” Jinki argued and Taecyon nodded. Jinki stepped down, not because he wasn’t confident with his skills but because he knew how Sunggyu wanted to play with Myungsoo on an official match, and this is the only way right now.

 

“I won’t accept tosses from anyone else but Jinki.” Jonghyun uttered and everyone looked at him. “We made a deal, you’ll play but I have to allow you toss to me. I am sticking to it” Jonghyun said and Jinki nodded.

 

“As you wish.” Jinki said but not smiling after.

The practice matches were doing well day after day and when the opening week for the youth Olympics came, they were in their tiptop shape. They all lined up in the airport, boarding Aseana Airlines bound to Japan where the event will be held. They held their official jerseys and soon were seated next to the other athletes like the basketball team led by Coach Chansung and ace (and his son) Changsub and the gymastics team led by Coach Yoona and team Captain Tiffany.

 

The opening ceremony was very grand, the host country showcased so many talents including their precious gem, top idol group Arashi. The delegates enjoyed the spectacle and when their country was called, their nationalism was let out loose; they shouted Daehan Minguk Manse! And Victory Korea!

 

The volleyball matches weren’t due till the 2nd week of the competition so they supported the other teams like the archery team with Ace Bora who won a gold medal easily with a lot of bull’s eye.  They then cheered the swimming team led by Sungjae who was short of gold but still took home silver.

 

Korea was doing well, they were ranked second overall, versus deep rival and host country Japan. The medals quickly climbed and soon, the two were tied in the medal tally with only a few events to consider. And the game changer was the volleyball matches; with Korea and Japan in different blocks.

 

Korea’s first game was with Vietnam and Taecyon chose his strongest line up. He chose triple threat along with Jonghyun, Myungsoo and Ryeowook.The Korean team gave an impressive first impression and they were branded as the force to reckon with. Headlines were blaring as the Triple Threat, the Choi triplets being the stars of the game. But the three did not overshadow their group mates, because Myungsoo became their official setter and Jonghyun was named Ace.

 

On their first set though, Vietnam gave a quick attack which was saved by Ryeowook and Myungsoo prepared to toss. He looked at his attackers but they were not in the position to spike, he had no choice but to toss it to Jonghyun’s direction. But Jonghyun never jumped and the Korean team was shcked, the ball was fast approaching but jonghyun did not move. Fortunately, the ball was sent to the other court by a drop shot by Jinki who was beside Jonghyun at that time.

 

Jinki then approached the ace and looked him in the eye. “Why didn’t you take it?” Jinki asked and Jonghyun clenched his fists.

 

“I told you, I will only receive tosses from you.” Jonghyun said and Jinki nodded, albeit still angry.

“Very well, I’ll toss the ball to you.” Jinki said dryly then talked to Myungsoo to change positions as setter. Myungsoo nodded but he was nervous at the change.

 

Sunggyu approached the setter and whispered in his ear, he needed to keep him grounded and focused on the game.

 

“Just receive the balls and let give it to Jinki. If you receive the second ball, toss it over to either me, Henry or Jinki.” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo nodded.

 

 

The game commenced and Korea took a sweep, with Jinki tossing accurately to Jonghyun who jupe and ht the ball with force and precision. The cheers were loud and Korean team bagged their first victory.

 

They proceeded to compete with Bahrain, Malaysia and Singapore, clinching a spot to the semi finals. Japan advanced as well along with Philippines and Thailand, China falling short of 2 points from the Thai team.

 

Semi Finals were between Philippines and Japan, and Korea and Thailand. They were aggressive this time around, using Hyukjae and Donghae in some sets, as well as Minho to block Thailand’s powerful quick attacks. They managed to beat Thailand, 3 sets to 2, a difficult match that was praiseworthy enough to make the headlines of the morning newspaper in various countries.

 

Japan had the same fate, beating Philippines 3 sets to 1 earning the spot to earn a gold medal. The grand finals came and the arena was jammed packed with volleyball enthusiasts. Media coverage were plenty and it was one of the celebrated sports grand finals in the youth Olympics.

 

The teams were called and they shook hands before they began the match of the century. They were rivals in so many aspects like the winter Olympics where Kim Yuna fell short of a gold because of the Japanese representative or the historical aspects of the second world war, and this is another one for the books.

 

The starting six were the best of the best of the Korean Team; Jinki, Sunggyu, Henry, Myungsoo, Jonghyun and Ryeowook while the Japanese team comprised of team captain Yabu Kota, a protégé like Jinki himself, Setter Inoo Kei, Ace Takaki Yuya, Yaotome Hikaru, Nakajima yuto and libero Chinen Yuri.

 

They were off to a very great start and the arena was roaring wild. The Japanese team served first, with Yabu Kota hitting an ace. The Japanese crowd cheered loudly.

 

“Focus guys, we’ll get the second ball.” Sunggyu uttered and everyone nodded.

 

The second serve was to the side and Ryeowook saved the ball with his reflexes. The ball was up in the air and Myungsoo caught it. And passed it on to Sunggyu who made a quick attack but the tandem of Takaki Yuya and Nkajima Yuto totally blocked the ball, earning Japan another point.

 

The third serve was received by Myungsoo and Jinki took the second touch, tossing it to Jonghyun who jumped high and hit the ball hard; it came crashing down the Japanese court, turning the tables around. The crowd was amazed and Jonghyun felt his hand tremble; it always felt like that when Jinki tosses to him but a fact he chose to ignore.

 

The game went on and despite the stellar performance of the Korean team, Japan took the first set with the amazing play by Kei and Kota, sealing the deal for the Japanese team.

 

“We’ll get the second set.” Taecyon said calmly and pumped up the team. “Jinki, unleash the triple threat.” Taecyon instructed and Jinki nodded.

 

The second set was full gears on as Jinki took the place of setter. And though it was a team play, Jinki, henry and Sunggyu took most of the points with their impeccable flawless plays. Jonghyun took a back seat but every time Sunggyu or Henry jumped for an attack, he wished he could also fly as high and spike the balls Jinki threw at him and it kinda felt like he was jealous. The second set was dominated by the Korean team and they earned it deservingly.

 

Third set was a game changer because Myungsoo took the setter’s place, changing plays and now, Jinki was giving the Japanese a taste of a menacing force. Jonghyun was utterly dumbfounded seeing Jinki play like that, to a point were he wanted to be the one to toss to Jinki, just as much as he wanted to receive his tosses.

 

And an opportunity came when the ball off from a block was received by Sunggyu and the second ball was going towards Jonghyun.

 

“Toss to me.” He heard Jinki utter and with a nod, Jonghyun tossed the ball, not as accurate as Jinki or Myungsoo but it was in Jinki’s direction. Jinki jumped and hit the ball in a straight shot, penetrating the Japanese blockers defence. Jonghyun stood frozen, his hand trembling as Jinki proved to be a threat, but more importantly, his heart was leaping out of his chest in a reason he doesn’t even want to talk about. And just like that they took the third set.

 

But the fourth set proved to be a little difficult because the Japan team broke through the play of Jinki and jonghyun, blocking his attacks pretty much 80% of the time and forcing the match into a do or die fifth set.

 

“Jonghyun.” Jinki called out and Jonghyun looked at Jinki. “Do you trust me?” He asked and Jonghyun snorted. “Just jump high, I’ll make sure to give you the ball.” Jinki uttered.

 

“What’s the use when I get blocked easily?” Jonghyun argued.

 

“This is the last I’ll ask of you.” Jinki said and then bowed his head a bit.

 

Jonghyun sighed as he took his place, debating if he should heed Jinki’s words. But all through out the 5th set, Jinki rarely  became the setter, allowing Myungsoo to set the play. But in the last crucial point, Jinki shouted to Jonghyun and the latter jumped as high as he could as Jinki gave him a perfect toss and the ball came careening down to the Japanese court in a blink of an eye.

 

It was surreal and Jonghyun felt like he was flying in that split second and Jinki became the wind beneath his wings, truly and amazing play from the protégé.

 

 

Jonghyun couldn’t hear anything, saw nothing but blurs as he stood and faced the setter who flashed him a genuine smile; something that pulled at his heart and even without speaking, had told him so many words all at the same time. Jonghyun got it bad, and he knew it.

 

 

After the medals have been awarded and the Korean National Anthem was sang, Jonghyun searched for the protégé but did not find him. Jinki was the first to leave the court, opting to take a rest from the blaring sounds of cheers and applauses. Jinki found himself inside their waiting room, panting slightly as he took his bag and cleaned up, taking a shower and changing into his spare jersey.

 

There was a hoard of girls waiting for him and he waved and smiled before entering a cab and drove back to the hotel, texting his brother that he returned first.

 

Jinki quickly let himself sink on his bed, opting to sleep before arranging his luggage to leave the next day. But a knock on his door kept him from his plans. Jinki was surprised to see Jonghyun with take out of Chicken dunbori bento.”

 

“Can I come in?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki let him in.

 

Jonghyun settled himself on the table by the bathroom door and placed the food on it. He then turned to Jinki who was curious at why the younger had come to his room, instead of celebrating with the rest of the team.

 

“It was a great game.” Jonghyun started and Jinki nodded. “You did it.” He added and Jinki sighed. “Why stop playing now?” Jonghyun then said and Jinki snorted.

 

“I already made my decision and thank you for trusting me.” Jinki said then bowed at him.

 

Jonghyun gritted his teeth and banged his fist on the table. “You are a coward. You know that I can defeat you and you just don’t want to face that defeat.” Jonghyun shouted and Jinki was taken a back but he kept his pain inside and smiled at Jonghyun.

 

“I am pretty tired Jonghyun, I would want to take a rest now.” Jinki uttered, opting not to argue and just immerse himself in slumber. He walked to his bed and lied down.

 

Jonghyun hated Jinki’s response so he stomped angrily on his way out and closed the door with a loud bang that Jinki flinched the sound. Jinki then took a deep breath and closed his eyes, willing his tears away; this is not the right place to wallow in pain.

 

Jinki opened his eyes and looked at the bedside clock, only to realize that he had fallen asleep for a good 2 hours. He walked towards the bathroom when he saw a sleeping figure by the door. He was surprised to see that it was Jonghyun, head resting on his knees. Jinki walked towards him and squatted to check him out. He sighed as he saw that Jonghyun was slightly snoring, probably exhausted from the game earlier. He sighed as he decided to carry him to the bed, not wanting the teen to wake up with stiff muscles due to his awkward position.

 

Jinki sighed as he watched the sleeping boy, peaceful like a baby. There are a lot of thoughts that ran through his brain and for once, he wanted to be selfish. He leaned in slightly and placed a chaste kiss on Jonghyun’s lips, pulling away as soon as their lips touched.

 

Jinki’s heart swell but it was quickly replaced by pain because he knew that the person sleeping on his bed completely hated him. He sighed as he looked away and sat on the floor, facing the window overlooking Tokyo’s skyline. He gazed at the twinkling lights and the majestic Tokyo tower that was lit in red that night.

 

“Jonghyun, I don’t know why you hate me so much  but all I can do is love you.”  Jinki uttered, tears falling from his eyes and then cdrew his knees close to his body and rested his head on top of them.

 

The door opened and Sunggyu and Henry came crashing inside with Ryeowook and Myungsoo. They were holding take outs and was planning to party with Jinki when they saw Jonghyun sleeping on the bed and Jinki sitting on the floor.

 

“Jinki, You okay?” Sunggyu asked and Jinki flashed a small smile.

 

“Shall we bring Jonghyun back?” Ryeowook suggested but Henry shook his head.

 

“I think it’s time for a sleep over.” Henry suggested and placed  one bag on the table before pulling Ryeowook out of the room, with Sunggyu and Myungsoo following shortly. Jinki sighed as he returned gazing out of the wndow.

 

“You’ve always wanted to defeat me Jonghyun and yes I am afraid to face you. But you’ve already defeated me when you hated me.” Jinki let the tears fall. “You’ve completely trampled my heart and pulvurized it to pieces. Jonghyun you already won.” Jinki said, sobbing.

 

His phone then rang and Jonghyun’s voice rang inside the room, a song that Jinki recorded during the summer camp talent’s night. Jinki answered the phone and it was Heechul.

 

“I’ve watched the news. Congratulations Jinki.” Heechul uttered from the other line.

 

“Thanks omma.” He replied

 

“Have you decided then” Heechul asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m taking the international studies. It’s healthier for me.” Jinki uttered and soon tears started falling from his eyes again. “I appreciate it omma.” Jinki uttered and ended the call.

 

Jinki then stood and turned to his luggage when rustling was heard and a hand latched on Jinki’s wrist. “Where are you going?” Jonghyun asked harshly.

 

“None of your business.” Jinki replied, eyes widening to see Jonghyun awake.

 

 

“It is my business.” Jonghyun uttered, pulling Jinki into a kiss that the older could not refuse. He deepened the kiss and Jinki let himself be selfish again before pushing Jonghyun away.

 

“Is this just a game to you?” Jinki asked, tears started to fall again, realizing how he is being played.

 

“no.” Jonghyun muttered softly, face bashful as he finally sorted out the emotions he was feeling.

 

“Nice try.” Jinki uttered.

 

“I heard everything. Your confession and your heart ache.” Jonghyun uttered and Jinki shook his head.

 

“It doesn’t mean anything to me now.” Jinki uttered but Jonghyun gripped Jinki’s wrist tighter.

 

“It does matter to me.” Jonghyun uttered and forced Jinki to look in the eye. “Because I finally differentiated hate from love.” Jonghyun uttered and leaned in to kiss Jinki again. “and I love you.” Jonghyun said and locked their lips in a sweet kiss.

 

Jinki’s tears fell as he savoured the sweet kiss. “Am I dreaming?” Jinki asked but Jonghyun shook his head.

 

“No. it’s real” Jonghyun smiled.

 

“But why?” Jinki asked and Jonghyun sighed.

 

“I was blinded by my desire to beat you but when I first received your toss, I felt a little different but ignored it. I didn’t know how much it affected you.” Jonghyun said, internally cringing at how cheesy he sounded but this was the truth. “I never felt like this before and when I jump up to hit your tosses, I felt that I am flying, with you being the wind beneath my wings.” Jonghyun smiled and Jinki laughed.

 

“You do know that you sound cheesy.” Jinki uttered and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“But if that what it takes to make you stay and keep you from playing, I’m swallowing my pride.” Jonghyun uttered and Jinki smiled. “Will you continue to play?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki nodded.

 

“As long as you don’t me, I’m going to play either with you or against you.” Jinki uttered and Jonghyun poked his cheek.

 

“I am definitely going to beat you in the spring tournament.” Jonghyun said and Jinki smiled at that.

 

“in your dreams.” Jinki laughed and Jonghyun pouted. “but try harder, maybe.” Jinki uttered and Jonghyun nodded .

 

“I will.” Jonghyun said.

 

When the spring tournament came, Jonghyun and Jinki met during the opening ceremony, their teams on different group brackets. Jinki grinned at the Myeongdo High School team then winked towards Jonghyun who snorted. “I’ll definitely beat you this year.” Jonghyun said and Jinki just winked again before smiling and walking away. “Hey Jinki!” Jonghyun called out and when the setter turned around, he did a hand signal before winking.

 

Jinki smiled wide seeing their not-so-secret signal and he did the same before waving back at him.

 

The tournament progressed and just like the summer tournament, they met at the semi finals and the triple threat were happy to face them again.

 

“It’s déjà vu.” Jonghyun uttered and Jinki chuckled.

 

“Maybe this time you actually win.” Jinki replied and then winked discretely at him before he took his position.

 

By the side of the court, Ryeowook was giggling and Jinki noticed Henry throwing hearts towards the boyfriend. But Jinki noticed a pouting Myungsoo and he nudged Sunggyu who glared at him

 

“At least encourage Myungsoo.” Jinki uttered and Sunggyu sighed.

 

“Hey Myungsoo!” Sunggyu called out and Myungsoo turned to face him. “do Wll.” He uttered and winked at him.

 

Myungsoo suppressed a squeal as he blushed and Jonghyun laughed next to him.

 

“Let’s play.” Jonghyun uttered and the referee blew the whistle to start the game.

 

 

-----

 

 

a/n: Oh my gosh this is 10k words. Yay!! I made it..

 

I know that it is a bit weird and a little too fluctuating but blame the inconsistencies from my play and pause writing that took more than three weeks to finish~   but I hope you enjoyed reading it ^^