Heechul's Realization and Donghae's Dilemma

Hyung, Please don't take My Noona

He looked at his phone over and over again, locking it and then unlocking it, re-reading the same message repeatedly. His hair was in a mess, he just got out of the shower, lying on his bed in their dorm. Heechul never looked so indifferent his entire life (and that's saying something). There's something about that day that's been bothering him, he was too jumpy, too worrisome and felt inexperienced.

 

But he wasn't the type to just sit around and do nothing about it either. He stood up, and grabbed a few of his favorite dress shirts and quickly dashed all the way to the living area where he found Donghae, sitting casually on the couch, editing the pictures he took from a while back.

 

"Yah." Heechul said as he brought up two of his clothing up to his shoulders, "Which one looks better?"

 

Donghae stayed silent for a few minutes, before pointing at the navy blue colored dress shirt.

 

Heechul noted his dongsaeng's favored shirt, nodding in response.

 

"Are you going somewhere?" Donghae asked.

 

"I wouldn't have asked you which dress shirt looked better if I wasn't. would I?" Heechul quipped, rendering Donghae to laugh a little.

 

"But why do you look so nervous?" Hae added.

 

"Me? Nervous?" Heechul sounded surprised, but quietly, he had to agree with him.Heechul dashed back to his room. He wasted no time to quickly get dressed, making himself look presentable. 

 

Bitten with curiousity, Donghae decided to peek over his hyung's room, carefully but surely observing Heechul's frantic state.

 

"Is it a date?" Donghae asked, causing Heechul to jump from his chair.

 

"Y-Yah!" Heechul was caught off guard.

 

Donghae, kept quiet, waiting for his hyung's answer which didn't took too long, "It's not a date."

 

"Then why is hyung acting ....strange." Hae took his spot just by the door frame, crossing his arms together.

 

Heechul had to blink a few times before he can comprehend what his dongsaeng said. Strange? Wasn't he just as strange to them before? What on earth was Donghae talking about? He was acting fine, he was doing the same old thing whenever he goes out.... right?

 

Donghae fell silent, usually he'll get a (painful) pinch on the cheek just by mentioning the S word, but he continued to watch his hyung tidy himself up, glancing over his phone from time to time. Was he sick? Was he going to an arranged marriage meeting? Is he going to a party? 

 

Heechul looked into the mirror, his hands started to sweat and a sense anxiety crawled to him. Why wasn't he satisfied with everything he was doing? He wasn't the type of guy who would overthink, he would just go by impulse and he was also wasn't the type to even put any thought to anything, it just came naturally for him, but why did his sense numbed him?

 

He stopped on his tracks, completely forgetting that Donghae was being suspicious of him. He brought up his hand to his chin and reverted back to when did it all start. 2 years ago? a year maybe? Heechul met someone opposite of him. Someone who was so unsure of themselves yet knows what to do and what to say at the right time. He didn't see it coming, how the two of them became good friends, he also didn't realized the foreign feeling he was experiencing. 

 

The times where he would hear her laugh, the way she would look at him and when she smiles brightly everytime she greeted him. He would have momentary lapses, pausing for a few seconds before he could react when he was with her. He'd usually be curious on what she was doing and how she was feeling at the moment, and soon after, thoughts of her clouded his mind and he barely realized it.

 

"You must really like her, if you're going to this extent, hyung." Donghae commented, happy to see his obliviously in love hyung making a fuss over his looks.

 

"Huh? What?" Heechul did a double take.

 

"Aigoo~ You really don't even realize you like her." Donghae giggled, it was about time for Heechul to get serious with a lady.

 

"Like?" The word ringed inside Heechul's head, Is that how it is? Somehow, he felt the situation he was in resolved. "So that's why..." Heechul mumbled to himself, "I guess so." 

 

"What's this?" Donghae chuckled, "That's so anti-climactic, hyung."

 

"Well..." Heechul placed his coat on, "Isn't it nice? I'm in love with her? No need to make it complicated." He explained in his usual nonchalant manner. But the big smile on his face had Donghae convinced that his hyung was definitely head over heels in love. Heechul had this grin where only teenage boys would do when they think about their crush or their girlfriends, something rare for him to see.

 

What did Donghae expect? He snickered at his hyung, a sense of happiness smiled across his face. "Do I know who it is?"

 

Heechul stopped for a moment, his wallet and cellphone on hand. "As a matter of fact, yes you do." He continued to make his way out of his room, with Donghae following him.

 

Donghae felt worried, the tables have him, he was the one feeling unbelievably nervous. "W-Who?"

 

Heechul looked over his shoulder, "It's Dara."

 

Those two words weighed like a ton of bricks on Donghae's stomach. He felt his world shaken and even when he felt the pit of his stomach fall and possibly dug it's way to the atlantic, his throat made it hard to swallow.

 

"Huh?" Donghae asked once more, making sure he wasn't hearing things.

 

"Dara." Heechul looked at Hae's eyes, wide as can be.

 

Donghae's mouth went dry, ears ringing and he was pretty sure the amount of confusion and disbelief was enough for him to cry at that moment. Was it a joke? Was he being serious? Since when did it all happen? How can he comprehend the situation when it all seemed so fast to him. Dara is and always will be Donghae's center of affection. He's truly enamoured with her to the point where he wanted to take things slow for her, wanting her to gradually know about his feelings, even though there were times when he just wanted to kiss her right then and there. 

 

But the sudden realization that his precious hyung harbors genuine feelings for her as well was too much for him.

 

"W-Why.." He said, audible enough for Heechul to hear.

 

Heechul sighed, and said, "To be honest...I don't know either..." He barely knew how to handle the situation, "I found myself wanting to know more about her... And then I started to care for her well-being... then I realized that, I was no longer thinking about myself... I was more invested with her."

 

Donghae couldn't argue, he was his beloved hyung and he couldn't blame his reasons either. 

 

"......" Donghae fell silent and their atmosphere turned heavy.

 

"Well, I got to go-"

 

"But- Noona is mine." Donghae blurted out childishly, following Heechul all the way to the entry way.

 

"Yah, who ever said she was yours to begin with?" Heechul retorted, messing up Donghae's hair with his hand. "Aish, this kid." He added before making his way to the door, but to his dismay, he was stopped by his dongsaeng, wrapped comfortably around his leg.

 

"Y-YAH! LET GO!" Heechul exclaimed but Donghae held on to him tightly, " Sorry, hyung. But I can't let you go !"

 

The two struggled with power, especially Heechul, who detested any physical activity whatsoever. He tried to shook Donghae off, but his strength was far from his to even compete.

 

"LET. GO."

 

"GIVE UP ON NOONA!"

 

"NEVER."

 

"GIVE- UP"

 

"WHY SHOULD I?!"

 

"BECAUSE-"

 

Donghae was unable to continue his retort when they were both surprised by the abrupt opening of the door. A small head peeked from the small slit the door had.

 

"S-Sorry..." Dara's small voice hid behind the door as she saw Heechul and Donghae still arguing.

 

"Noona!"

"Dara-ya!"  The two said in unison, surprised at her sudden appearance.

 

"A-Ah! Noona!" Donghae suddenly got up, ears perked up and a smile from ear to ear suddenly plastered on his face, "What brings you here?"

 

"My mother made some kimchi for you, I was going to leave it downstairs but the attendant said to just come up...Did I come at a bad time?" Dara sensed the awkwardness between the pair as she brought up a square tupperware for Donghae.

 

Donghae's eyes lit up, "Tell her thank you." He happily received the kimchi.

 

"Should we just go to the restaurant together?" Heechul had a smirk on his face, not losing face to his dongsaeng.

 

"Oppa looks nice!" Dara giggled, "Then shall we go?"

 

"O-Oppa?" Donghae said in bafflement.

 

"Do you want to come with us?" Dara smiled at Donghae.

 

"He's busy today, he's editing his picture-"

 

"Yes! I would love to, Noona!" Donghae interrupted over enthusiastically. Patting his "beloved" hyung's back a little too much.

 

Heechul and Donghae continued to childishly bicker (to the point that Donghae might cry, but he chose not to because Dara was there), and Dara oblivious with the matter, enjoyed the company of the two men.

 


 

AN: I wanted it to be a cute little story about Heechul realizing his feelings and Donghae opposing to it since he got dibs on his noona first kekekeke. At some point, I unknowingly went into a more dramatic story in the middle, so I had to change it back to a romcom :))) I was also planning this to be a oneshot, but if you guys enjoyed this, then I am more than happy to add a few more chapters for you <3 Thank you for reading this and I'm very appreciative to each and everyone of you :D 

 

(so I am lonely and fangirling alone in this HeeDara ship, like HOW CAN YOU NOT SHIP THEM, THEY ARE ADORABLE, that and I also love DaraHae, giving me too much feels, I'm already drowning kkkk)

 

Huge thank you to carpediem! She helped me out alot! You are the best  *hugs*