Shades of Green

Sharp Dressed Man

“Now, turn around again” Jaejoong instructs, grabbing their leader by the shoulder and giving him a good spin for the umpteenth time.
Yunho chuckles but does as instructed, holding his hands out like he’s not sure if this is a good appraisal or not. "Well?"

The other man places his hand under his chin and then makes a face, deciding that he doesn’t like the outfit this time either. “You need to pick something maybe a bit... sleeker."

Yoochun gives a snort from his position across the room. "He doesn't want her to think he's a player, Jae."

The answering argument simply causes more bickering. "He needs to look suave, at least."

"Yes, but not like an evil CEO from some drama!"

Junsu giggles at his hyungs and turns to poke Changmin in the arm. "What do you think, Minnie? You've been quiet"

The maknae pulls the pillow in his arms closer to his chest, mumbling into it. "He looks fine."

Yunho, across the room, hears and gives a tilt of the head. "Is that a good fine or..."

Changmin quietly shrugs, looking all the more put-out.

Jaejoong, who is not happy right now after the spat with Yoochun, throws a glare to the youngest. "It had better be a good fine!" He has gotten more than fed up with the whole thing by now and he spins on his heel to make an abrupt exit, calling over his shoulder exasperated. "Know what, fine. You figure it out then!"

A large pair of maknae eyes blinks owlishly at the hyung throwing an unnecessary fit before he resumes his nonchalance, shrugging.

Junsu looks at Yoochun, Yoochun looks back, they both look expectantly at Changmin.

Rolling his eyes, the boy stands with a sigh. "Come on, hyung, let's go look for something..." He doesn't want to do this. He really could name fifty other things he'd rather be doing than helping Yunho pick out an appropriate date outfit for some girl. Too bad he chose today to be diligent.

The pair walk back to Yunho's room and Changmin places himself on the edge of the leader's bed. "Go ahead and model or whatever, but I'm not that good at this..." He admits. To which Yunho simply laughs fondly, calling out an ‘Okay’ as he goes to look back through his choices.

A few minutes later he comes back in a nice pair of black shorts, white collared shirt, rolled to his elbows and casually ed a bit towards the top. "How is this?"

Changmin's eyes widen and he immediately looks away, hiding the flush. "You- um- too casual" he mumbles, but it's not and he wishes to take that comment back, but Yunho's already changing again.

This time it's nice black jeans, sleek and fitting, with a black long-sleeved collared shirt tucked in. "Better?" The leader questions.

The maknae gapes, feeling his heart stop for a second before he can get a hold of himself. Clearing his throat he flails his lanky limbs, very visibly flustered. "No! Nono, that's way too much, I- you're going to scare her!" He rambles, words stringing together.

Exasperated, Changmin places his head in his hands, letting out a sigh. "Argh, I told you I'm no good at this, hyung..." He wails.

Yunho sighs a little and walks closer, a comforting smile in place. Placing himself next to the maknae, he gives the boy a pat on the back. "Hey, it's okay, I just want your honest opinion, Changminnie."

The youngest shakes his head to argue. "No, you don't."

Yunho looks taken aback and he shakes his head firmly. "Of course I do..."

Changmin sighs again and sits up, gazing over at his leader with intent in his eyes. "No, you don't, because my honest opinion is that you look good in everything, you're always handsome, and that girl probably doesn't deserve you anyways..."

The words are out before he can stop them and it makes both parties shocked.

Heart hammering in his chest, Changmin makes a motion to stand and leave the scene but Yunho is certainly not having that. The maknae is quickly tugged back by the wrist and into a strong awaiting pair of arms.

Yunho holds onto the boy tight and Changmin can feel that he's not the only one with a racing pulse. He sags against the older man, letting out a shaky breath as he bites his lip. "Hyung... I'm sorry." He sounds close to tears.

Yunho closes his eyes, shakes his head and pulls back to peer curiously into his maknae's face. "Don't be," he soothes "You should have said something."

Changmin scoffs lightly. "As if. If it's not Jae, or Su, or Chun, it's random girls... I just never really added myself in."

Yunho actually laughs softly at that, shaking his head. "I would have liked to know, still. It is still kind of up to me, you know." He reasons with a playful smile, but the younger pouts.

"I- I had no right. I don't even know what this is, this could just be a crush or attraction and I didn't want to ruin your chances for-"

He doesn't get to finish on account of Yunho's lips against his, soft and hesitating but very much there.  

At first Changmin loses the ability to think or move, seconds later his eyes fall shut and he presses back softly into the kiss. A few seconds later, he feels that same pair of lips moving slowly against his and now he’s sure his heart has literally stopped. The younger follows Yunho’s lead for a little while and, after a few more seconds, they finally part.
Changmin can’t think rationally, or even begin to form words to describe what had just happened, so something utterly ridiculous spills out. “....but you have a date” The maknae doesn’t recognize the airy tone of his own voice, barely there. His heart's beating a mile a minute and nothing feels real.
His answer is a soft chuckle and a hand placing a strand of hair behind his ear tenderly, bright eyes and an understanding expression gazing back at him with a hint of a smile. “Not anymore...I don’t know what this is either...but let’s find out together.” Yunho’s hand finds Changmin’s, giving a soft squeeze.
Changmin’s answering shy smile could have lit the entire world.