Detention

Detention

Sooyoung's POV

 

I'm currently walking my way towards the school's gazebo. Why? It's because I receive this chain message a while ago and it says there that if I'll text "Hi" to all of my contacts and pass the message on to 15 people within an hour, I'm going to meet my one true love in the place which I really find romantic. The School's Gazebo, that's it and the thought of seeing Jung KyungHo-ssi standing there waiting for me gives me the feeling of fluttering candy butterflies in my stomach, making my eyes transform to heartshaped cookies and chocopies. Ooops I’m hungry again. But never mind, I'm so sure that Jung Kyungho-ssi is already there waiting for me, my one true love.

 

Excitedly, I ran with full of feel letting my hair flow with the wind.

 

"Kyungho-ssi!!!" I sang as I took a left turn and faced the gazebo. At that moment, my jaw dropped.

 

(Insert cricket sounds and a passing tumbleweed effect here)

 

In the gazebo, I found no one.

 

So, does that mean I have no one true love? Does that mean I'm doomed to be single forever? Does that mean no Kyungho-ssi? I walked my way to the gazebo.

 

"Maldo Andwae! Huhuhu! Kyungho-ssi!!" my thoughts are making my eyes watery.

 

..........

 

"Aish! Damn it! Nononononono! My game! How come I lost?! Ey Tsk!"

 

I was having a dramatic scene at the center of the gazebo when it was interrupted by a voice I heard, stopping me for a moment.

I know that voice. I can feel my blood slowly boiling as I looked for the owner of that fine cursing and there he is, sitting at the corner with his headphones hanged around his neck, his laptop resting in his lap and clutching his optical mouse while smirking at my direction.

 

"So, Jung Kyungho huh?" he said, showing me his infamous smirk that annoys every cell in my body.

 

"Don't start on me, Cho Kyuhyun" I glared at him. Ugh! He's really fond of ruining my day eversince I transferred here. I know he's handsome, cute, and cool and every girl's daydream yeah his physical attributes are of my type but sorry dearies, this lunatic infront of me surely has personality problems. If only he would treat me nicely. I sighed. Scratch that please. I didn't say anything.

 

"And what if I will, Mrs. Jung Kyungho-ssi? Oh! Butterflies!" he said in a sarcastic way of teasing tone.

 

I stood up, brushed myself and made my way closely face to face with him.

 

"Listen here, Mr. Loser. Wanna win that stupid game of yours? Here's my FRIENDLY advice: Get Lost!" I flipped my hair and catwalked my way out of the gazebo and away from that evil guy.

 

3rd Person's POV

 

AT CLASS...

 

"Food Genie... Pap jooseyo... Sweet...Sugar... Candyman..." Sooyoung mumbled in her sleep while her professor stopped his lecture and approach the sleeping Sooyoung.

 

"Ehem!" her professor cleared his throat.

 

"Stop being funny, Mr.Troll... Sore throat must've hurt..." Sooyoung continued sleep talking and this made her professor furious.

 

 

"CHOI SOOYOUNG! HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO DISOBEY MY RULES?! WHO ARE YOU TO SLEEP DURING MY CLASS?!!! DO YOU WANT TO BE KICKED OUT OF THIS UNIVERSITY??! DETENTION!" the professor's big voice made Sooyoung woke up and fall off her chair causing laughter inside the classroom. She quickly stood up and bowed before the professor, having teary eyes because of embarrassment.

 

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Troll I mean, Sir! I'm so sorry." Sooyoung apologized, bowing 90 degress infront of the professor.

 

"Ms. Choi, you already know that I really hate it when someone sleeps in my class, and I REALLY don’t want my rules disobeyed, they have to be followed. PROCEED TO DETENTION!" pointing at the door, the professor continued scolding the teary-eyed Sooyoung when suddenly Kyuhyun went between them and faced the professor.

 

"Uhm Excuse me, Sir. If you may, I'll take care of her, Sir. Being the president of the student government, I have duties to maintain the peace and order of our school community. It is also a part of my duty to make sure that every student in this institution follows our rules and regulations here. So, if you may, I'm asking for your permission in taking this naughty girl to detention... so that I may punish her for you." the professor was easily convinced by Kyuhyun's words and approved his request. Eventhough, Kyuhyun whispered the last part still, it was very clear to Sooyoung's ears and from that moment, her eyes rounded wide for she already knows that she's in big trouble.

 

Kyuhyun bowed and thanked the professor. He faced Sooyoung and showed her a smile that could mean every evil outcome in her detention. Sooyoung was caught off-guard when Kyu swooped down to her legs and carried her like a sack of rice on his right shoulder towards the detention room.

 

 "Happy Detention Day!"

 

AT DETENTION...

 

"I guess this day is another ruined day for me. I can't believe this. Pabo! Sooyoung! How many times do I have to remind you not to sleep during Professor Youngmin's class? That Troll. Oh great!" Sooyoung muttered, scolding her own self. She's with Kyuhyun, all alone in a creepy detention room. Thinking that she's still lucky, she's still alive because Kyu is still immersed in his game and until now, still not experiencing severe torture, like what she saw in ancient movies, preparing herself for she doesn't trust the person in front of her.

 

Then, Sooyoung remembered the chocolate bar she have stolen from Yoona back in their dorm and decided to pleasure herself through eating it.

 

She was peeling the aluminum wrapper of the chocolate when someone snatched it from her hand.

 

"Oh thank you very much for this chocolate bar, Sooyoung. How'd you know I was hungry? You even peeled it for me. Aw that’s so sweet of you. You really care for me, dont you? I'm so touched I've got tears in my eyes." Kyu said in his sarcastic way of teasing tone as he took a big bite on the shikshin's so-called chocolate bar. Sooyoung just watched the chocolate bar disappear from her sight as Kyuhyun slowly ate it away, having an expression no pleasant word can define.

 

"Okay! Now, that I've eaten. Let's begin your detention, don't worry, you're task is easy as pie." Kyuhyun started, his fingers.

"Lately, I received a report from the drama club that some of their design letters used to display their play’s title were suspected to be stolen. Since, we have not much time to investigate because their performance will already be next week. I want you to create a new batch of design letters. The materials, sample design and list of missing letters are inside that box over there. See that, Choi” Kyuhyun pointed to a messy stack of craft materials in a box on the corner. Sooyoung just nodded hesistantly.

“Okay! I have to go to class. I'm going to give you an hour for that. Do it on time or else you're dead." Kyuhyun went out of the room, locking the door behind him, leaving Sooyoung with a flustered look her face.

 

"Aaaaargh! I hate you Cho Kyuhyuuuuuun!!"

 

 

IN A DARK ALLEY...

 

Meanwhile, a silhouette of three men talking can be seen not far from the detention room.

 

"You know what I can do to you if you'll fail so do it properly." A voice, full of authority, can be heard.

 

"Yes Kyuhyun-ssi" the two replied.

 

DETENTION ROOM...

 

"Just a little bit glitter in this side." Sooyoung was finishing her last letter when the door suddenly opened and a gush of strong wind entered the room. She jumped in fright making her spill all the glitter in the letters she had done, ruining it.

 

"So there's a handsome man again in this room." Kyuhyun ruffled his hair as he approached Sooyoung who's having tears in her eyes while staring at her ruined work. Kyu peeped by her shoulders.

 

"Ooops! Not following instructions, Ms. Choi. Consider it a mission failed." Kyuhyun smirked.

"I guess I'm going to give you another one."

 

"You have to be strong Soo. You can do this. Don't let yourself lose to that loser." Sooyoung thought to herself. A tear rolled down her chubby cheek which she immediately wiped away. She can't let him see her weak side.

 

"Bring it on, Cho" Sooyoung exclaimed, facing Kyuhyun. She didn't know that he was peeping by her shoulder so the moment she turned around she was shocked to see his face so close to hers, making her gasp as they stare deep into each other’s eyes. From his eyes, she gulped when her stare landed to his slight parted lips. As soon as she regained her senses, she pulled herself back, putting the right amount of space between them. At last, Kyuhyun’s smirk was back again for what happened.

 

"That's the spirit, Choi." ruffling Sooyoung's hair, earning a glare from Sooyoung.

 

"What is it again now?"

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and cleared his throat, "I had this meeting with the board of admin last week and in 2 days’ time, there would be a royal ball between all the departments of our university, the theater and arts' department ambassadors, Yoona and Donghae, are asked to attend. Each male ambassador are to give a bouquet of flowers to an admin as a part of the program. Now what I want you to do is to proceed to the Flower shop owned by the University across the street, there would be a variety of flowers there and I want you to design a bouquet that you think would be the best for that event or simply according to your taste, but the color of its wrap must be Baby Blue and a Dark Blue ribbon as a knot. I'm going to give you an hour and a half for that to be done and brought here to me inside this detention room. Don't try to escape because you're being watched on my orders. Time Check, it’s already 4pm. I'll expect that you'll be back here before 5:31 pm or else, you'll be dead. Okay? Am I clear, Choi?" He looked at Sooyoung as he drink from his water bottle.

 

"You're saying a lot so straight to the point, Cho. Got it!"

 

"I don't just win Starcraft battles, Soo. I also win Debate championships. I bet I had amazed you again by my skills this time. Huh?" Kyu wriggled his eyebrows at Sooyoung.

 

"Arrogant as ever, Cho" Sooyoung snorted.

 

"So you're really amazed." Kyuhyun chuckled as Sooyoung rolled her eyes at him.

 

"I have a schedule to catch so, I must be going now." Looking at his watch, Kyuhyun, again, went out of the door, slamming it. A few seconds the door again opened a bit and Kyu's head peeped by the side.

 

"That was 10 minutes of talking, you only have 1 hour and 20 minutes left and admit it. You were tempted a while ago. Catch you later." finishing it with a wink and again closed the door. Remembering what had just happened a while ago, Sooyoung felt all the blood pumped by her circulatory system climbed up to her chubby cheeks.

 

"Am I? Huuuuu! Can't be!" holding both of her heated cheek as she thought to herself and proceeded to her task.

 

Flower Shop...

 

“I’m sorry Ma’am but our Baby Blue flower wrap is already out of stock. We only have Baby Pink, Purple and white here.” Says the flowershop lady.

Sooyoung felt stormy rain clouds above her head as she stare at the three different colored flower wraps in front of her and none of them is color Baby Blue.

Eotteohkaji? Eotteohkaji? Does this mean I failed again? But it’s not my fault anymore that there’s no Baby Blue, right? Darn that Baby Blue! Why not, pink? Pink is really cute, right? And if I we’re the admin, I’d be really happy to receive a pink bouquet.” She thought to herself, shifting her stares in each color.


But, you’re not the admin, Soo and it’s not your bouquet so dream on.”  An imaginary Kyuhyun popped to her head, opposing her thoughts.

 

Damn you, Cho Kyuhyun! Huuuuuu~ Eotteohkaji?” Sooyoung again thought to herself as she drive the imaginary Kyuhyun away, squishing her chubby cheeks together.

 

“…I want you to design a bouquet that you think would be the best for that event or simply according to your taste…” Sooyoung’s face lightened as Kyuhyun’s words a while ago echoed in her head.

“That’s it! This bouquet will be according to my taste! He said that!” stating in glee to the clueless flowershop lady.

“What was it, Maam? Are you alright?” the flowershop lady looked at Sooyoung weirdly.

 

“Oooops! That was nothing. I’ll have the Baby Pink.”

“Here you go, Maam” Sooyoung reached for the Flower Wrap and the Dark blue ribbon to start on her bouquet.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, outside the flower shop…



“She’s still here, Sir” says a man while talking to someone on his phone.

“She’s almost finished.”

“Okay Sir, I’ll contact the head.” He put his phone back to his pocket and walked down the street.

 

Detention Room…

 

“Cho Kyuhyun!” the detention room’s door banged open as a panting Sooyoung walks in with a bouquet in her hands. Kyuhyun on the other was sitting comfortably on a chair with his feet rested on top the table.

 

“5:28. Close enough, Choi. Now, let me see your work.” He looked at his wristwatch as he approached the panting Sooyoung by the door. Sooyoung held the bouquet in front of his face.

 

“I said, Baby Blue.” /Kyu

“There’s no Baby Blue.” /Soo

 

“It’s not my problem anymore.” /Kyu

 

“Neither mine.” /Soo

 

“It’s your problem.” /Kyu

 

“It’s not.” /Soo

 

“You have instructions to follow.” /Kyu

 

“I followed your instructions” /Soo

 

“And when did I say it’s Baby Pink?” /Kyu

 

“It’s what I like and it’s according to my taste.” /Soo

 

“Choi Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung, when will you ever learn to follow instructions. The flowers and its arrangement will be according to your taste, not the bouquet. There was a “but” after that sentence and that “but” is to wrap it in Baby Blue with a dark blue ribbon, simple as that.” Kyuhyun showed his infamous smirk again.

 

“B..b..b..but! Oh alright, I failed AGAIN!” Sooyoung sighed in surrender, tears are forming again in her eyes.

Kyuhyun held her face and wiped her tears which caught her off guard.

 

“Ch…ch…Cho?” she looked at him, her eyes wide in shock.

 

“This will be your last chance, if you’ll get through this detention. Your grades and record will remain unharmed and untouched.”

 

Fashion Department…

 

It’s getting dark and Sooyoung is more determined to finish this never ending detention.

“…iron the suite and the gown to be used for the ball. I don’t want to see any creases when I check on it at 6:30 PM or else, you’ll be SOO dead… Room 558…” Kyuhyun’s words echoed in Sooyoung’s mind.

 

“Let’s do this, Choi Sooyoung!” she says to herself as she entered the building.

 

 “Excuse me, Sir. Which floor is Room 558?”

“It's in the 5th floor and I’m sorry, Maam, the elevator is currently out of order, I’m afraid you’ll have to take the stairs.” says the guard.

Sooyoung’s jaw dropped. “5th floor? Stairs? Oh great!” she thought to herself as she finds her way to the staircase.

 

wide open, Sooyoung passed through every corridor of the Fashion Department of the school just to find the room where the ambassador's clothes were delivered.

It was her first time and that building. For her, it was like a museum of different fashions. She belonged in the theater department. If she's not there, she'll probably be enrolling in the fashion department but still, she loves to perform and make people happy so, she decided to take the theater route.

 

After a few steps, she found the room she's looking for and entered it. Inside, she found a very beautiful gown lying on the bench with a tuxedo beside it. Sooyoung picked up the dress, stick it close to her body to estimate if it fits and twirled in that position infront of the mirror.

 

“I think it will fit you.”

 

Sooyoung jumped in fright and turned to see, who’s talking. She puts the gown back on the bench and immediately bowed the moment she saw the person.

 

“Ms. Kwon! I know this is not my department but I was sent here to iron these works of art. If you may?”

 

“Chill Girl. Iron them? But I don’t see any creases.” BoA chuckled, finding the tensed Sooyoung cute.

 

“I have to make sure. If I won’t follow then I’ll fail again.”

 

“Based on what I see from here, I really think it suits you. Do me a favor to try that one on you, please.”

 

“But Mis─”

 

“Please…” Sooyoung really respects BoA Kwon and she’s one of her inspiration to strive for success. Seeing her face to face in the room was a very overwhelming moment for her, so she can’t refuse and went inside the fitting room to try on the gown with its pair of stilettos.

 

“Wow! Miss Kwon! You're right! I love it! I look like a princess.” Sooyoung giggled as she looked at herself in the mirror and twirled in the dress. She stopped when she heard nothing in reply.

 

“Miss Kwon, are you still there?” She called out from the fitting room.

 

Puzzled because of the silence, Sooyoung went out of the fitting room, still wearing the gown and found no one. Her eyes wandered across the room.

“Miss Kwon?” she called again. Still, there was silence. She sighed,thinking of what made Miss Kwon leave.

 

 

Then suddenly Sooyoung felt a strong force of a handkerchief covering and an arm wrapped around her waist from behind to keep her from moving. She tried to fight back but he was so strong. When she breathed, she inhaled some kind of scent

that made her vision blur and everything went black.