Barcode in Crime

Barcode in Crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seoul, South Korea

            Ma boo boo boo boo boo You Got A Call~ Sang Hyuk’s phone was ringing. He answered the phone immediately.

“Yeoboseo, who is this ? ….. Arraseo~ Inspecture N, i will go to Namsan Park now” said Hyuk before ended the phone call.

He took his car key and went there.

***

“There you are, Detective Hyuk-ssi. Have you seen the victim? The pedestrian found her this morning.” Said the inspector N when Hyuk come.

“Hmm. Have you found the evidence around this area?” asked Hyuk.

“Yeah, but we can’t find anything, except this incision barcode on her right wrist.” Answered Inspector N.

“And, how did her die?” asked Hyuk again.

“Phosgene. It’s a colorless poisonous gas.” Answered Hongbin.

“Of course I know. If she’s this stiff, I think she died 18 hours ago. Her clothes is ripped and wrinkled…” Said Hyuk

“Do you have any idea why she was scared before her death? She shouldn’t have known since it’s colorless.” Asked  Inspector N.

“She had been missing since a week ago.” Said Hongbin. “Do you mean .. “

“Yes. We can assume she was kidnapped” Said Leo.

“But, I don’t understand these.” Said Hyuk.

“Yeah, she was writing, but what is it? And why is there incision barcode in her right wrist?” Asked Leo.

“Oh. It is .. “ Said Hongbin.

“Do you know why?” Asked Hyuk incredulously.

“Of course NO ! I want to said It is mystery.” Said Hongbin and he got a smack from Hyuk. “AW…!!  Why do you hit me?” Asked Hongbin.

“Do you still have have nerve to ask why?” said Hyuk.

“Okay. Stop it both of you. Don’t forget, I think they will find the poison’s name tomorrow. So, come to my office tomorrow.” Said Inspector N.

 

They get in their own car and left the park. But, Hyuk couldn’t  ignore the strange feeling like something was missing. He felt being watched. Thinking that maybe Leo realized this too, Hyuk called Leo immediately. They stopped to a café near the park and discuss it. He’s right. Leo knew there’s someone watched them when they were in the park before. But he couldn’t see the person since he was wearing a cap. Hyuk suggested Leo to watch CCTV in park from his laptop. Unfortunately, they can’t see the him clearly although he is recorded by the CCTV.

***

Inspector N’s Office  

            Hyuk and Leo came to Police headquarter to check again and again the victim’s files. They looked so tired because couldn’t sleep last night. They couldn’t help it since they kept thinking about the mysterious guy who had been watching them before. When they read the victim’s files, Hyuk felt something strange in from the files.

“Leo, do you feel something wrong from the files?” Asked Hyuk.

“Yes, but I can’t find what.” Answered Leo.

“Maybe because you’re tired. You know, you have panda eyes.” Said Hongbin suddenly.

            When Hyuk wanted to say something to Hongbin, Inspector N came into his office, followed by someone.

“Oh, you already here. Detectives, he is Choi In-Ho, criminal detectives from Gangnam.” Said Inspector N

“Annyeonghaseyo, Choi In-Ho imnida. I hope we’ll have good teamwork. I have heard many things about you.” Said In-Ho with big smile and bowed to the detectives.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sang Hyuk imnida.” Said Hyuk and bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo, the most handsome Lee Hongbin imnida.” Said Hongbin with smile and bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Taekwoon imnida” Said Leo wirh cool style and lil bowed.

“Okay, Detective let’s discuss it. From this incision barcode in her right wrist, I still don’t know the reason but do you feel something wrong with the files?” asked Inspector N seriusly when read the files.

“Hmm.. I think nope. But Detective Hyuk and Detecive Leo do, but they can’t find it.”  answered Hongbin.

“Well, Let me read the document. Hmm.. I see. Her co-workers said that she wants to have vacation for two weeks in Jeju Island. Instead, she was in Jeju Island for 3 days and went back to Seoul. But, the next day she was kidnapped. After a week, you found her corpse in Namsan Park. Do you think that there’s a reason why she was in Jeju only for 3 days instead of two weeks? And it’s related to why she was kidnapped?” said In-Ho

“Yeah. Hmm ..  But I can’t find out why. Do you have any idea?” Asked Hyuk.

“No. I’ll ask her co-workers tomorrow and see what I get.” Answered Leo.

“Okay detectives, there was a call from Detective Jeju. Someone killed because colorless poisonous gas same with ourlast victim 13 days ago. We should go there tomorrow.” Said Inspector N.

“I’m afraid that woman in the park wasn’t the last victim.” said Hongbin end the conversation.

***

Jeju Island, South Korea 

            The detectives and Inspector N went to Jeju Island. There, they found out many interesting facts. The victim is a guy who is known as friendly person. He was holding a pen when he is killed. It is the same culprit like the culprit who killed a woman in park since there’s a  incision barcode on his right wrist. He had been gone for a week before he was killed. Detectives thoght that this guy is kidnapped too. But, they couldn’t find out, what’s his relationship with the girl in park? Why he was writing? Why he was holding a pen before he’s killed?     

***

Two weeks later

            There’s corpse who’s found in Achasan Mountain again. There’s a incision barcode on his right wrist again. This made people in Seoul worried and scared since the victim were choosen randomly. They’re afraid if one of their family would be the next, or even themselves. 

“Damn! He’s back” Said Hongbin.

“Language. How do you know it’s not a copy cat?” Asked Hyuk.

“The barcode is almost same with before. The length, width, pressure. It’s from the same person.” Answered Leo.

“He’s brave. It haven’t been a month since the last, but he had killed a guy again.” Said In-Ho.

“Do we find anything new from this?” Asked Hyuk.

“There’s footprint near here.. Look!” Answered Hongbin.

“Is this victim’s leg hurt?” Asked Leo.

“No. Yeah, I know what you think. It’s the culprit’s.” Answered Hyuk.

“The investigator had taken this photo, right?” Asked In-Ho.

“Yes. I had already asked them. We know the shoes’ size now.” Answered Inspector N.

“Yeah, by this, maybe this person’s height is 170 until 180 cm.” Said Hyuk.

“But, It’s the average height. We need to find out more clues.” Said Hongbin.

 

            Hyuk watched the footprint. He saw near the footprint, the soil was strange. He realized, that the culprit must hurt himself because the fall. That was the reason why the right footprint is deeper than the other one. He called Leo to check this. When they wanted to call investigators to take the photo, they saw In-Ho watched the footprints intensely. Suddenly, In-Ho dropped something near the footprints. He took it fast ‘till it seems nobody would realize it.

 

“In-Ho, what are you doing? Do you find something?” Asked Hongbin.

“Yes, look at this!” Answered In-Ho.

“That’s what we are going to show you. Take this photo!” Said Hyuk.

“But, what is this?” Asked Inspector N.

“He must hurt himself.” Asnwered In-Ho.

“Now, we don’t only know the height of the culprit. But, we know his leg is hurt.” Said Hyuk.

“Good job, detectives! It’s late. Save your energy for tomorrow.” Said Inspector N.

 

            They went back by themselves. But, Hyuk took a ride with Leo. On the way, they discussed the case. Leo asked about the missing weapon. Hyuk said it was small knife, 5-7 cm, like mini sword. Since it was not sold in usual market, it would narrow the suspects.

 

 “You saw that, didn’t you? Is that ..?” Said Hyuk.

“Yes, I think. Searched more about that. I think it’s related to our case” Cut Leo.

“Don’t tell anyone about it, yet. Even inspector.” Said Hyuk.

“Arraseo.” Said Leo

 

***

The next day, in Seoul police headquarter. Leo was saw something wrong with In-Ho’s right leg.

“In-Ho, what’s wrong with your leg?” Asked Leo.

“Oh, Taekwoon-ssi! Ah, Don’t worry about it. It’s emm.. a bike hit me this morning.” Answered In-Ho friendly.

“Oh. But you drive here by car, right?” Asked Leo again.

"Yes. No wonder you are detective. You observe everything. It’s emm.. after I get out of my car, a bike came from nowhere and hit me. Yes, that’s it! ” Said In-Ho.

“By the way, what are you doing here? Do you find something new?” Asked In-Ho.

“No. But, I will.” Said Leo, ended the conversation.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter