Lending Affair

Lending Affairs - Jay

Coming home was always Jay’s part of the day, seeing you and spending the rest of the night with you was always his favorite especially when the sunset frames itself perfectly in the window frames.

“What did you do today love?” Jay settled down next to you with a sigh as he carefully wrapped his arm around your shoulder as his eyes fell on your complexion.

“I was looking for a few jobs today, I thought that I could do something more than just staying here all day” You replied with a little excitement lining your words letting your eyes lock with Jay’s.

“Sweetheart, I appreciate that you want to help out with getting money and wanting to do something more, but…” Jay stopped for a moment to gather his thoughts and making sure he wasn’t being irrational,

“But?” You probed, wanting to know what your husband had to say.

“But…. I can’t let you work, it is too dangerous for your health” His hand gently rubbed your arm up and down.

“How do we know if it is dangerous if I don’t try?” You ask feeling your excitement you had just a few minutes ago slowly dissipate from your body.

“The doctor said so babe, I don’t want to try if your life is going to be in danger. I can’t let anything happen to you.” His words were filled with love and slight worry as you knew that he was thinking of you not being in his life anymore.

“So you want me to just stay home, all safe and sound?” You clarified quietly as you sat forward. 

“I do, I don’t want you to work yourself to death, love” He rubbed your back gently as you nodded subtly and stood up.

“I’m tired, I am going to head to bed” You mumbled quietly as you passed by him.

“Have a good night babe, I love you” He called after you as you shuffled into the kitchen to take your medicines before you made your way to your shared bedroom. Changing into a large shirt, you slipped under the covers and thought about the conversation you had with Jay just now.

Knowing he was right, you closed your eyes and fell asleep for the night.

The next morning, you woke up and saw Jay sleeping soundly next to you, his arm draped over the dip in your side as his lips slightly parted, his toned chest moved up and down while his beautiful hair covered his eyes slightly, his eyelashes fanned out ever so slightly against his pink cheeks. Watching him for a while, his alarm sounded causing you to jump, with a moan he rolled over and pressed the button to turn off the blaring sound off. Feeling his body reel back against yours, he pressed lazy, sleepy kisses against yours neck and shoulder.

“I’ll see you after work love” He whispered before he eased himself upright slowly.

“Okay, have a good day. I love you Jay” You whisper as your sleep ridden eyes meet his. A sleepy smile pulled on his lips before he pressed his lips against your forehead.

Slipping off the side of the bed, he shuffled into the bathroom for his usual morning routine. Closing your eyes, you rested amongst the cool sheets, hearing the door open, your eyes flickered open to see him wrapped in a towel, slipping behind the closet door, your eyes watched the door to see him emerge a few minutes later in a cute blue t shirt and some grey jeans that were slightly ripped but hugged his toned legs perfectly.

Shuffling back over to you, his hands pressed into the mattress on either side of arms as he leaned down and pressed his lips on yours. “Be safe today, I love you”

“I love you too” You whispered back as your lips lingered on his before he reached over and grabbed his phone from the charger before slipping it into his pocket and heading out the door.

Hearing Jay leave the home, you let your eyes close for a little while before you slipped into the shower and got ready for the day. In a comfortable loose tank top and jean shorts to hug your hips, you ruffled your hair to allow it to try while you cut up some fruit for your breakfast. 

Right when you were about to dig into your breakfast of fruit, you heard a knock come from the front door. Trotting over to the door, you tip toed to see through the peep hole, finding a familiar face, you unlocked the door and opened the door.

“Hi Dad” You gave him a small smile as he smiled at you a little brighter.

“Hello _______, how is my little girl doing?” He cooed trying to be friendly.

Shrugging your shoulder, you leaned against the door while you popped one of your hips out to stand comfortably, “What are you doing here? This isn’t really your part of the neighborhood.”

“Can’t an old man see his daughter?” Your father questioned as you were noticing some eyes lingering between the two of you, opening the door, you allowed him to come in. Closing it behind him, you folded your arms over yourself feeling goosebumps push against your skin while you observed your father wonder slowly around your shared home.

“My daughter seems to be living well” He sang while wondering around your main living spaces before settling down on the couch, you followed him and sat in a chair across from him as you folded your leg over one another.

“Jay takes good care of me” You smiled as you leaned back against back of the seat.

“That is good to hear” He nodded as you could tell by his fiddling fingers that he had something more he wanted to ask you.

“I heard on the news that Jay has been doing really well and is coming out with another album” Your father starts as he leans forward.

“He is doing well, enjoying work like he should” You tried to keep your answers reserved, careful not to give out too much.

“Well he sure is one of the top names out there” Your father smiled as you knew exactly what his thoughts were leading to.

“What did you come here for?” You cut to the chase not trusting your deceiving father.

“Wah, my girl really is smart” He wagged his finger at you with a sly smile pulling on one side of his lips more than the other. “You know how your father is good at poker?”

“I know you can’t hold a good hand for your life” You folded your arms over your chest once more, standing your ground.

“Well… your dad is a little short on cash and was wondering if you wouldn’t mind spotting him some” He leaned forward as you rolled your eyes under your eye lids.

“How much is it this time?” You sighed, thinking back to the times that he stole money from your mother before she died, then he started to come to you for the money he lacked.

“A thousand dollars” He replied, his hands wringing each other with worry. Sighing, you ruffled your hair as you thought it over.

“What if I told you, no?” You posed, playing out all of the options that you could formulate.

“Then I would take you back home and you wouldn’t see the light of day again” Your father’s voice was cold and harsh as he leaned forward, his gaze made you freeze while sending chills up your spine.

“Jay wouldn’t stand for you taking me” You retorted, trying to hide your emotions so he wouldn’t play off of those.

“He would if he was behind bars” Your father snarled while sitting back and rubbing his chin with the side of his forefinger.

“What about his career? His fans would come after you” You tried to keep your emotions in check as you folded your arms in protest.

“Not if I slowly took down his fan base first, it would be easy to make up a scandal don’t you think?” Your father smirked, narrowing your eyes slightly you knew that he had that sort of pull and he would do it if he felt like he needed to.

“When do you need the money by?” You questioned, your mind mulling over the options that seemed to be fading.

“The end of the week” Your father stood up as you stood up. “I will come and pick it up by the end of the week.”

Following him to the door, you hung your head low as your father opened the front door and turned back to you. “Did you want to defer my offer?”

Shaking your head, you thought that you would do this for Jay instead of yourself and buy you some time before the next sum of money he would wager you for.

“I’ll see you later then, daughter” He smiles and turns around the corner as you slowly approached the door and closed the door, locking it before your back rested on the door and your hands covered your face.

Taking a moment, you closed your eyes and let the weight of the moment fall on your shoulders. Rounding your shoulders from the weight that now weighed down your mind, you trudged across the hardwood floor before plopping down on the couch. Figuring that you should start looking for jobs, you started looking on your phone for some work that you could start tomorrow.