A Crack in Between

Parallel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: due to my guilty feelings... i uploaded another >.< but i had just realized that this story is really just jumping from one scene to another =.= anyway enjoy! *my peace offering*

 

 

 

 

~

"Soo," Sungyeol called once, and that successfully grabbed Myungsoo attention, despite the ruckus everyone were throwing due to a professor wanting to give out their score for the mid-term test.

 

"Yes. Yeol wha--" Myungsoo was going to answer casually, but seeing the dark expression on his best friend face, his own contoured into a concern one.

 

"Whatever happened, please don't look at my score," Sungyeol said quietly while silently praying that his score won't be actually that bad. He knew if Myungsoo wants, he will have a chance to take a glimpse of his score, because his student id number was coming up right after Myungsoo's.

 

"But why?" Myungsoo's concerned expression is still attached, and that's just making Sungyeol felt even more guilty, sad, angry, disappointed, and small in front of his best friend.

 

"Just don't, please," Sungyeol pleaded with a smaller voice than before, ducking his head down, trying not to let Myungsoo see his face. This time Myungsoo sighed in defeat, but still having that expression on his face.

 

"Okay," Myungsoo immediately agreed then back to looking to the front, towards the professor.

 

At the time Sungyeol got his own score and accidentally got a glimpse of Myungsoo's perfect score, he just need to break down somewhere.

 

Why does Myungsoo want to be friend with me who is this stupid? I don't worth his time and I'm just bringing him down. I looked like a complete trash next to him.

 

 

 

 

~~~

"I will go to the assistants lunch, wanna join?" Myungsoo asked one day when they ended their class earlier than usual.

 

"Nope, I'm going home," Sungyeol replied while packing his things, loading everything into his already full bag.

 

"Come on Yeol, it's okay, they are all friendly. Besides, we are not going to talk about works so it will be just like a cassual lunch," Myungsoo persuaded Sungyeol, and knowing Sungyeol, he just can't say no to Myungsoo.

 

So there he goes, completely neglected on the corner of the table, as them all speaking things he doesn't understand.

 

What am I even doing here?

 

 

 

 

~~~

Sungyeol knew they are drifting apart, he just knew that, so then he search for a salvation. And that's the time for a new friend to come up.

 

"Woohyun-ah," Sungyeol put his head on the table, facing the called one.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Why am I so stupid?"

 

Woohyun stopped writing his report (it's due only in a month later anyway) and looked at the lanky man.

 

"Who said so?"

 

"I did."

 

"Then don't, you are just as smart, only lack of motivation."

 

Sungyeol wanted to believe in that, but every facts kept grating it away.

 

Am I really worth it?

 

 

 

~~~

"Yeol, there's a job ofference on the board again, have you seen it?"

 

"Yes."

 

Myungsoo closed the book Sungyeol was reading, making his attention came fully to him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter