Rain

Kiss Me

The day had mistakenly lead everyone to believe that it was to be sunny and full of warmth and nothing else for that matter.

 

Until it wasn’t.

 

A sudden downpour surprised everyone as they had all but scrambled to get away from the rain. It was a couple of men that found themselves hiding under the same awning of a closed business.

 

Polite smiles had been shared as they had tried to brush off the raindrops from their bodies. Both placing their shopping bags carefully on the step behind them as one of them finally took the initiative to speak.

 

“And here I thought the weather forecast called for no rain whatsoever,” the taller of the two men stated.

 

The other chuckled at the words of his auburn haired companion. “It seems like even they can’t be trusted nowadays,” he mused as he noticed just who exactly he had been standing right next to. Ironically, it had been someone that he had been very curious about ever since first moving to the neighborhood.

 

“You’re… Hyukjae, right?”

 

Hyukjae turned at the sudden mention of his name and smiled as he noticed the familiar face next to him. “Oh! It’s you! Random spotting you away from the market,” he sighed softly as his shoulders had relaxed.

 

“And you without a uniform,” Donghae looked him up and down without much shame making Hyukjae laugh at the motion.

 

“See something you like?” He had, without really meaning to, begun to slick his hair back on his head and was amused at the sudden turn of events.

 

“It’s just interesting,” Donghae admitted, “you suddenly have a few extra cool points for having a good taste in style.”

 

“Wow… Here I was, going on about my day buying food for the night and suddenly I am on a fashion show?” Hyukjae laughed at his silly statement.

 

“Well, you could be? Would you be interested in being casted for the next big drama? You could start alongside today’s hottest actress and have a whirlwind romance with them!”

 

Donghae watched as Hyukjae nearly doubled over in laughter at his ridiculous proposal. It was nice to see him out of the way they usually wound up meeting as.


Waiting for Hyukjae to settle himself down, Donghae raised a hand to meet with his. “I guess I never properly introduced myself. My name’s Donghae.”

 

Smiling, Hyukjae took the hand on his and shook it lightly, “well, seeing as you’re the one that caught my attention, you beyond already know my name.”

 

“I could call you something else if you’d like,” Donghae teased as their hands fell back to their respective places.

 

“I’m very used to ‘hey, you’ to be honest. But I think since I’m out of the work uniform, I’d rather much prefer to be called by my given name.”

 

His smile was something that had caught Donghae’s interest from the very get go. It was the cause as to why Donghae could have gone nearly broke in his spending so much at the corner store that Hyukjae worked at. He had never expected to be randomly gifted with an encounter that would have lead to them randomly getting to know each other besides the casual greetings and insipid conversations while Donghae checked out more than what he was buying.

 

Hyukjae’s sigh suddenly dragged Donghae out of his thoughts, “rain is nice though.”

 

“I love a good rain storm myself. It brings me such peace and hope that it washes away whatever bad life has brought my way and brings in something new, y’know?”

 

Donghae watched as Hyukjae nodded his head lightly and smiled to himself. They were both looking ahead at their surroundings. Mostly alone but for a few other stragglers that lingered in wait for the storm to settle as well.

 

They had filled some quiet moments with idle chats about how they hoped the weather wouldn’t turn too hot and about how weather announcers should get fired for not doing their job properly.

 

Feeling as if he was in heaven at hearing Hyukjae talk so much, Donghae suddenly felt his breath catch on his throat as the back of their hands had lightly brushed against the other as they both swayed next to their perspective owners.

 

Looking down at the occurrence, Donghae lightly brought his eyes back up towards Hyukjae and he felt himself lose another breath as he noticed that Hyukjae was staring intently at him. Smile lightly curled on his lips at seeing Donghae’s exaggerated motions.

 

Clearing his throat Donghae tried his best to pretend as if nothing had happened yet their hands had remained precariously close to each other. When the next brush of the back of their hands happened, Donghae instinctively looked at Hyukjae who was once again staring at him. He felt his fingers twitch and the sudden caress from Hyukjae’s fingers on the back of his hand.

 

“You’re a very attractive man, Donghae,” he heard softly from Hyukjae’s general direction and without having a second to process his thoughts, he shuddered as he felt Hyukjae’s fingers intertwine themselves with his.

 

Gulping loudly, Donghae muttered a small thanks that he wasn’t sure that Hyukjae had heard at all but figured that he probably did as Hyukjae’s lips curled up to smile and the grip on his hand tightened softly.

 

They passed minutes in silence simply holding hands before Hyukjae had felt the shudder that Donghae had passed between them. He turned to look at the other man to notice that he was trying to keep himself warm with his free hand as his body had begun to shake.

 

“Cold?”

 

Donghae nodded and without much of a warning, he felt Hyukjae’s frame enclose him in his embrace. He tried to will his heart to settle to no avail as Hyukjae gently ran his hands up and down on Donghae’s back to give off some heat.

 

“Better?”

 

A gentle nod against Hyukjae’s head had caused him to smile into Donghae’s neck. “Good.” It was even better when he had felt Donghae’s tentative arms find a spot on his hips to rest on. He was congratulating himself for the sudden burst of confidence and wasn’t aware of how hard Donghae was trying to keep his cool as his breath hit the other’s neck softly.

 

He was very aware of how hard Donghae’s heart was beating, however, as he continued to pat away at his back.

 

“This was definitely not how I had expected my day to go,” Donghae confessed.

 

Hyukjae laughed lightly as he inhaled Donghae scent. Eyes closed and he relished finally having the pleasure to know this scent and to be able to have this man pressed against him even if clothes had been inconveniently in the way. With those thoughts in mind, he was suddenly ghosting his lips over Donghae’s neck and grinned as he felt Donghae shiver beneath him and tighten the hold on his hips.

 

They were both staring at each other soon enough. Hyukjae had noticed the yearning in Donghae’s eyes and he smiled so easily and had that smile turned to him and it took his breath away.

 

Donghae eyes had fluttered closed simply and Hyukjae had been given his invitation to lean which he did almost immediately.

 

However they had thought their day to wind up, neither had ever expected to find themselves in the embrace of the one they had been crushing on ever since they had first me much less to be able to find themselves kissing the afternoon away.

 

Donghae sighed into the kiss lightly as Hyukjae had taken his upper lip in his and on it lightly for a moment. Gentle pecks were then given to each other until a soft rhythm pulled them to kiss and explore the texture of one another.

 

Hyukjae had a hand on the back of Donghae’s head pulling him deeper into the kiss and Donghae’s arms had found themselves tightly embracing Hyukjae’s lower back.

 

A breathless first kiss that had stolen time away from them as when they finally surfaced from the kiss, they both noticed that the sun was setting.

 

Foreheads against one another, they both thought that they had something more beautiful to stare at in the eyes of the other. Stupid smiles never faltering and they hands entwined together.

 

“So,” Donghae started.

 

“So,” Hyukjae echoed.

 

Twinned laughter echoed as they both picked up their grocery bags. The rain had stopped but their hands remained locked.

 

"Would you maybe want to get a drink with me?" Hyukjae asked suddenly as they made their way down the street.

 

“That sounds really nice,” Donghae said as the heat from his cheeks had yet to abandon his face.

 

“It really, really does,” Hyukjae proclaimed as he freed his hand from Donghae’s only to snake it around his back as Donghae had done the same to his.

 

They walked slowy and Hyukjae giggled as Donghae’s head had suddenly claimed his shoulder as a spot to rest on.

 

Rain did indeed wash away the bad from their lives and lead them to something newly wonderful.  

 

 


A/N: When songs suddenly inspire something... -S