prologue

Cops and Detectives

There was not much to do here really. Or so Jungkook thought.

There were bustle of people, from the paramedics to bystanders who were drawn in by the blare of police siren and the yellow tape that surrounded the house. Jeon Jungkook made his way inside the house and straight to the bathroom where the crime had happened. 

Personally, he would not really call it a crime. Because apparently the person died in an accident in his Jacuzzi where he was electrocuted to death, the man was found by his wife and immediately called 119 and here they are surveying the scene for any possibility of foul play. The forensics were examining the body while he made his way around the bathroom, so far it looks practically normal and not one single thing is out of sight. The other police were investigating the brakers and any possibility of intruders, the others were questioning the wife, the maid and some neighbors. 

So far they are all considering the possibility of a terrible accident but they needed to make sure everything was checked. 

He was about to observe the circuit of the Jacuzzi when he heard someone behind him chuckle. A very familiar chuckle.

“You do know that this is a murder right?” the person behind him said and Jungkook could practically recognize that annoying deep voice anywhere. He internally whined because why does he even have to be here? 

“What are you doing here Taehyung? You’re not supposed to be in the crime scene. We can handle this.” He said without even looking at the obnoxious detective who was standing behind him. 

“Jimin let me in. I just happened to pass by this neighborhood and look I found myself a crime scene!” the other said with more enthusiasm that should be put in a potential murder scene. But of course it is, after all, Kim Taehyung the ever famous sleuth. 

“For God’s sake Kim Taehyung this is a crime scene! Not a carnival.” He said as he faced the detective who held his hands out in mock surrender and offered him an exaggerated salute. 

“Oh come on! We both know this is exciting!” he laughed slightly and turned towards the interrogated maid who was shaking and sobbing slightly. He took her hand and kissed it softly, Jungkook resisted the strong urge to roll his eyes and kick the other male out the window.  Oh how Jungkook itched to do it, but he had to keep himself calm (and no, he is not jealous, no chance in hell.) 

Of course only Taehyung will have the audacity to flirt with anyone, anywhere, even if it is in the crime scene. 

“We’re about to end our investigation and we don’t need your help. So you may go now.” And please never show yourself again. He said through gritted teeth and his tone seething with jealousy irritation. He crouched towards the circuit and observed if there are any suspicious marks indicating whether it was opened or not. 

“Aww. Jungkookie-ya, why are you so mean to me? You weren’t like that when we were together.” Jungkook chose to ignore that comment and started screwing the circuit open. He can practically feel another smug smirk because of his silence and it took all his willpower not to electrocute the other himself.

“Well, considering that you were about to rule this case as an accident, I have to tell you that you’ve got yourself a murder case. Don’t want our police force to  make any mistakes now do we?” the sleuth said smugly as he made his way towards Jungkook crouching down towards the circuit and opened the circuit himself. 

Jungkook groaned internally because, of course, Kim Taehyung is right. The wires were cut, making sure that whoever uses the ing Jacuzzi will die from electrocution. 

And surely he did not miss the even wider smug smile from the detective when Jungkook called for the other police officers to find all possible suspects in this ing murder case. 

This is one of those times when he questioned his life decisions. 


“How did you know it was murder?” Jimin, Taehyung’s and Jungkook’s bestfriend since college asked Taehyung later as they all found out that it was the maid who cut the wires. (Of course with the help of Kim Taehyung, much to Jungkook’s chagrin [because damn it you’re not even supposed to be here, Jungkook thought.]) It turns out that the male had been continuously ually harassing her when his wife is not around, until one night she cannot take all the advances towards her and decided to kill him through the Jacuzzi, intending to make it look like an accident. 

Taehyung smiled and shook his head condescendingly (which would practically annoy Jungkook out of his mind, but since its Jimin only took it with a stride) “I saw the maids hands earlier, it was red with strange marks on her hands which resemble the marks of a wire cutter, I bet she was shaking as she was cutting those wires and thus had left some marks on her hands. And of course I have seen the wire cutter conveniently placed on her jacket which is definitely difficult to miss if not for her slight movements which indicates that there is something hidden in it. Really, it was a little obvious if anyone would have just looked and observed.” 

Jimin, as per usual, openly gaped and shook his head at his eccentric bestfriend, because right now nothing can seriously surprise him. (Except those times when Jungkook and Taehyung bicker in the crime scene because somehow those two brings out something more from the other. Practically all of their investigations together it was practically a nightmare, worsening and worsening) 

And now Jimin has never been so afraid of the next time the ex-lovers will cross paths with each other.


AN: sorry this is so incoherent and ASDFSDGDHJGKHJKL. sorry.

*rolls away*