Old Feelings and New Employees

Coffee Stains on Music Sheets

Hoseok woke up at 8:00 am meaning he managed to sleep for a little over seven hours and he thought of that as quite the accomplishment even though his body ached for him to crawl back into the warm bed.  Immediately, Hoseok began brewing a cup or two of coffee and fled to his bathroom to take a quick shower. For some reason, Hoseok spent a bit too much time making sure he was clean.  He spent a little more time rubbing a loofah against his body and spent a bit too much time on his hair.  When he was out, he stayed in a simple pair of boxers to air dry a little; he always felt clammy no matter how much he tried to dry himself.  During so, Hoseok grabbed a cup of coffee and added cream and sugar to make it all the less bitter.  He carried the mug around, a smile glistening his face as he settled at his computer.  Before going to sleep the night before, Hoseok put Yoongi’s little note by his computer and he spent about a minute staring at the handwriting before he pulled himself out of his daze. He typed in the website and stared at it for a while, taking in it all.  He didn’t know if Yoongi personally made it, but it was pretty impressive and Hoseok thought that the website displayed his personality and perseverance incredibly well.

 

Hoseok probably spent ten minutes wandering around the website, clicking every link and looking at every inch of every page.  He grinned a little wider when he saw that Yoongi’s phone number on this website was different to the one he had given Hoseok.  That meant he had a work cell and a real cell and it was quite reassuring to be a part of Yoongi’s close knit circle of people who could call him on another cell.  When he wandered over to the producer’s music, he looked through all the songs, recognizing a few as songs he listened to or ones Jimin had danced to and made him watch.  He clicked the play button on a preset playlist before turning up his stereo.  He bobbed his head, grabbed his coffee, and left to get ready for the day, Yoongi’s music being his morning playlist.

 

While making sure he looked absolutely perfect in every way, Hoseok couldn’t shake the permanent blush that grew on his cheeks.  It was incredible, and yet also ridiculous to think that every single song was about him.  Each song was different and Hoseok filled with pride, knowing that Yoongi was able to pull out any emotion for any time of song even though neither of them had really talked before.  Some of his songs were fast and about fighting against the people who didn’t believe in him and other were ballads on the heartbreak he felt when everything seemed to be crumbling.  There were a few, the ones that seemed to anchor themselves in Hoseok’s brain that were clearly about him; the singer was naming traits about their love and Hoseok knew that Yoongi had him as a muse during that time.  Every song was different, every song hinted at another emotion.  When some of them played, Hoseok could picture Yoongi writing the song, grinning and frowning at all the lyrics until they seemed perfect.  On others, Hoseok knew that they were rushed and only meant for money.  Those were his least favorite, though they were still worthy of being awed to because Yoongi had a way with words and no one could deny that.  Hoseok wondered if maybe one day, Yoongi would sing or rap these songs to him.  Maybe if their relationship advanced, Yoongi would be serenading him and sheepishly smiling when Hoseok hugged him and told him how proud he was.  Instead, he shook those thoughts away.  “Take it one day at a time, Hoseok,” He mumbled to himself as he finished buttoning up his shirt.  When Hoseok was completely ready, he turned off the music, shut his computer down, grabbed his currently charging phone along with Yoongi’s little note, locked up the house, and left early for work.  He sat in his car when he got to the café and plugged in Yoongi’s phone number. A smile crept onto his face as he looked at the contact before putting it in his back pocket.

 

When Hoseok got inside, he quickly proceeded to wrap his apron around his waist, and then greet Seokjin and Taehyung before going to his station at the cash register.  Taehyung was beside him, currently only cleaning few appliances, and so Hoseok decided to ask him about how the day had been going.  “What’s happened today?”

 

Taehyung looked up at him, his eyes widening slightly before they settling back into a usual relaxed state.  “Jimin came in a little earlier to handle the rush, he fantasized about a Jungkook guy working here,” Taehyung made a confused face and Hoseok laughed.  “We were pretty busy so we pulled in a lot of profit, more than yesterday I believe.  We were a little understaffed so I think you should hire whoever Jungkook is. Your,” There was a pause, “Friend, Yoongi, came in and ordered whatever you had made him before, but I didn’t know what that was so I made him what most people ordered.  It wasn’t strong enough.”

“It’s two shots in with the coffee, 1/5 cream and two sugars,” Hoseok interrupted.

 

“Noted,” Taehyung replied.  “Uh, he didn’t really stay here, but he told me he couldn’t come back later because he’d be at work all day.”  Hoseok frowned at that and Taehyung sent him quite the face.  Hoseok was slightly surprised to realize he wasn’t angry because Yoongi was obviously going to be overworking himself, but because that meant Hoseok couldn’t see him that day.  “Are you guys a . . . thing?”

 

Hoseok giggled at the comment, partially because of Taehyung’s assumption and the other for how Taehyung asked. Taehyung was always tired at this time of day, but he was also quite curious and that made a weird, yet entertaining pair.  “I don’t know, hopefully,” Hoseok shrugged.

 

Taehyung lazily nodded and then the bell rang for the entrance and so he turned around, ready to prepare whatever drink was ordered.  A regular customer walked through and Hoseok greeted them by name before asking for their order.

 

“Iced coffee with vanilla cream, three sugars and a shot, large,” They spoke before looking down at the foods on display.

 

“Will that be all?”

 

“Mmm, can I have a croissant, heated?”

 

“Of course, anything else?”  Hoseok asked, a smile spreading across his lips.  The customer smiled back and Hoseok felt honored to make such a tired looking person smile.  The bell to the café rang again, but Hoseok didn’t bother looking.

 

“Yeah,” The customer responded.

 

Hoseok nodded, “That’ll be 9.35.”  The customer handed Hoseok the money and told him to keep the change.  He smiled once more, “Have a good day.”  He put the change in the tip jar as the person responded with a ‘you too.’

 

The next person in line was around Hoseok height, but looked a few years younger.  He had big, innocent eyes and cute bunny teeth.  He looked adorable and incredibly scared.  Hoseok got customers like that every so often.  Ones who didn’t want to speak, but wanted coffee even more.  Hoseok always set aside a special smile to calm them.

 

“Hi, can I get you anything?”  He asked, his voice dripping with kindness

 

The kid, who had been looking down and playing with his fingers, looked up. His face had momentary shock on it, as if he wasn’t aware that someone would talk to him.  “Um, I—my brother gave me this . . .” The kid held up a job application that had been filled out.

 

“You’re Jungkook!”  Hoseok practically yelled.  A few people looked over and Jungkook looked completely shocked at the attention.

 

“I am,” He mumbled in response.  Hoseok tried to hide the smile on his face, but that clearly wasn’t going to happen.

 

“Sorry,” Hoseok started, “I’m just surprised that you’re already here.  I didn’t know Yoongi would give you the résumé this soon.”

 

“We share an apartment,” Jungkook answered. He was still clearly incredibly nervous and Hoseok was so tempted to make him feel more at home, but how would he do that?

 

“Alright, well, I need to look at your résumé, but you can come back tomorrow for an interview,” Hoseok spoke.  “It would basically be me asking you things that you didn’t answer in this fully or your availability through the day.”

 

Jungkook gulped and nodded.  “Okay.”  He held out the paper and Hoseok took it from him before flashing another smile.

 

“Have you ever come here?”  Hoseok asked.

 

“A few times, based off of hyung’s recommendation, but I don’t drink as much coffee as him.  I’m more of an energy drink person.”  He seemed a little less nervous, but his voice was still shaky.

 

Hoseok pouted, “Energy drinks aren’t good for you.  Would you like a coffee to go? On the house?”

 

Jungkook looked surprised again, or maybe those were just his eyes.  “S-sure, what would you get me?”

 

Hoseok smirked, he always loved when people asked him this.  “Well, assuming that you like your energy drinks cold, I’d give you something cold . . . and sweet.  You seem like you’d like a little flavor.”

 

Jungkook nodded.

 

“I know the perfect thing.”  Hoseok picked up a cup and began writing down the order.  “Taehyung, can you make this?”

 

The brown haired boy turned around and made his way to Hoseok.  He grabbed the cup, “Yeah.”  He looked at Jungkook, “This is Jungkook?”  Hoseok nodded.

 

“How did you know?”  Jungkook asked.  He looked terrified, first impressions of Taehyung could occasionally do that.

 

“Ji—” Hoseok sent him the biggest death glare ever seen. “I heard you guys talking.  And Hoseok always gives a free drink to someone applying here.”

 

“Oh,” Jungkook awkwardly responded before looking at the small line that had formed.  “I’m gonna go,” He said before moving aside so the two other people could give their orders.

 

Hoseok sent Taehyung another glare before turning to the customers, smile gleaming across his face.  “Hi, what can I get for you?”

~

Hoseok was closing up at 11 once more.  He had already texted Jungkook with a time to meet tomorrow, having gotten his phone number off the application.  He had swept and cleaned and was stacking all the chairs, but the only thing plaguing his mind was Yoongi.  If he couldn’t make it in today, that must mean he was pretty busy.  Maybe he had to edit the song with his coworker and then get it recorded?  Hoseok didn’t know how busy Yoongi was going to be, but not seeing him all day was something very different that he was not used to. Even if he only saw Yoongi once, and he was extremely grumpy, Hoseok didn’t care.  Even if Yoongi insulted him, he didn’t care.  It seemed that nothing mattered because he just wanted to make sure Yoongi was okay. Sure, it did hurt being insulted, but Yoongi would usually apologize the next time he got a drink.

 

“I’m sorry about what I said.  I mean, you do look like a horse, but a very cute horse.”

 

Hoseok couldn’t help but smile as he reminisced about the past conversations he had with Yoongi.  It occurred to him then that a lot of what Yoongi said was awkward flirting or just the most nervous things.  Of course there was a handful of tired remarks and days where Yoongi would only talk if regarding his drink, but those didn’t really matter to Hoseok because though he had only had small conversations with Yoongi, he knew quite a bit about him.  He knew that Yoongi loved sleep and loved being lazy, but if he had work to do he’d forget about those two things and occasionally food too.  He figured out through Yoongi’s website that he must have quite a bit of money, but also knew that he didn’t spend a lot of it.  He knew that Yoongi didn’t have a car because he prefers walking and drowning himself in music; sometimes people would pick him up or drop him off, but that wasn’t often.  He also knew that Yoongi wasn’t anti-social, but he didn’t like loud noises and loved to have alone time.

 

“Hanging out with people physically drains me, I prefer just chatting or being alone long enough to recharge.”

 

Hoseok had just closed and locked up the store and it was then that he couldn’t prevent the urge to text Yoongi anymore.  He got into his car and the light before pulling up his crush’s contact.  He started down at it for what must have been a couple minutes before finally texting him.

Hey, it’s Hoseok, why couldn’t you come to the shop today?  :(

 

Afterwards, Hoseok immediately started his car and began driving home.  His phone beeped part-way through and he knew that it was Yoongi.  He practically crashed because of how excited he was.  When he pulled into his parking space, he pulled out his phone, took a deep breath, and looked at it.

 

Why?  Do you miss me?  I had to edit a lot of my song today and then record a demo for the artist to hear.  It takes a long time so I knew I wouldn’t be able to come back in.  We’re still working actually

 

Hoseok frowned and sent back a message.

 

Go home!  You need sleep.  I’ll come get you and drag you home if I have to.

 

He took the next few minutes to get inside and turn on his lights.  He had a smile on his lips the entire time as he flipped on the kitchen light switch and poured himself a glass of water.

 

I’m almost done.  You should go to sleep.  I have the day off tomorrow, but I highly doubt that you do.

 

Does that mean that you’ll come visit me at work?

 

If you want ;)

 

Hoseok couldn’t believe it. Yoongi was so much more confident over the phone and Hoseok had the biggest blush on his face.  If their conversation continued like this, Hoseok would probably end up as a giggling, blushing mess rolling on the floor.

 

I’d enjoy it

 

Noted.  Go to bed, okay?  I may or may not see you tomorrow…

 

Tease

 

Hoseok responded before realizing how erted that could be.

 

Ignore that.  Pay no attention to that.  You didn’t see anything.  Goodnight, sleep well.

 

Omg, goodnight, Hobi

 

Hoseok stared at his phone until the screen automatically turned off.  He was sure he was tomato red and he wasn’t going to prove his point by checking. Instead, he made his way to bed, peeling off his clothes before crawling in.  He set an alarm and closed his eyes, way too embarrassed for his own good.

~

Hoseok only managed a few hours of sleep because he would be coming in to work around seven in the morning.  That meant that he only got five hours of sleep and he would complain because his body could only work properly after seven hours and a cup of coffee, but then he thought about how little sleep Yoongi probably got and he shut his mouth.  Based on how often Yoongi came in with bags under his eyes, Hoseok would guess the older sometimes only managed to get two hours.

 

He walked into the already busy store, his body barely running properly, and pulled on his apron before taking over the register from Seokjin.

“You look tired,” He commented instead of the usual good morning and Hoseok would have sent him a glare, but he was busy with customers.  To be fair, Hoseok and Seokjin weren’t the most close and spectacular riends, but they did have connecting friends that provided just enough interaction for a friendship.  In fact, the two previously lived together before Seokjin moved in with his girlfriend.  They had started the business on campus, but moved it while Hoseok was in his last year.  It had been a perfect plan because Seokjin majored in baking with a minor in business and Hoseok majored in business with a minor in public speaking.  Seokjin provided food and limited business skills while Hoseok managed almost all the business and passed on his incredible recipe for coffee.  Through the years, their business boomed and grew and soon they started importing their own beans and using their own cups with logos and everything else that made them real and known.  Hoseok had even been thinking about if they should get a second café started in the next city over.  That plan was put on hold when two of their employees left for school.

 

So that’s where he was now.  Humming along to the peaceful music playing while he waited for another customer to walk in. At ten, Jungkook would be coming for an interview and even though Hoseok had to do this, he already knew he’d be hiring him.  It was obvious that Jungkook was a hard worker, but they were badly understaffed and needed more people.  Hoseok made a mental note to begin switching up people’s schedule’s so that they wouldn’t be left with only two workers at a time like Seokjin and Taehyung had been earlier this morning.

 

Jungkook arrived few minutes before 10 and Hoseok was about to put Jimin on the register, but then Yoongi walked in right after his brother and Hoseok froze.  The younger hadn’t really thought about it before then, but he didn’t really know how to act around his potential boyfriend.  Does he hug him? Kiss him?  That would be a bit fast, and he knew Yoongi wasn’t one for affection.  He smiled at them, and decided to leave it to Yoongi to decide what to do.  He was still incredibly stiff however, and he knew that the smile on his face was obviously fake, but Yoongi just looked so goddamn amazing.

 

He would have gone on an internal monologue-tangent about how he never thought this much about how gorgeous he was and how unfair it was and even more than that because Yoongi was way out of Hoseok’s league, but then Jungkook was standing in front of him looking almost just as nervous as he did.

“Sorry I’m early, I have class at 11:15 and I don’t wanna be late,” He mumbled.

 

Luckily, that little comment pulled Hoseok out of his slump.  He had totally forgotten that Jungkook had a class and he absolutely should have because Jimin had been screaming about Jungkook all of last night while he worked.  “Yeah, yeah, of course,” He began rushing, “That’s totally fine.  Just give me a sec.”  Hoseok turned around in search of Jimin, but the boy was nowhere to be seen and so he turned to Taehyung.

 

“He ran into the back,” Taehyung laughed before coming up.  “I’ll take it.”

 

“Thanks,” Hoseok responded.  He motioned for Jungkook to follow him and he sent a quick wave to Yoongi before leaving.  The boy had smiled in reply and Hoseok was temporarily okay with how everything was going because Yoongi looked awake.  When Hoseok and Jungkook enter the brown haired boy’s office, he motions once more for Jungkook to sit down.  He pulls out Jungkook’s applications along with notes he had taken.  With a deep breath, he looked up at Jungkook who had taken to playing with his fingers.

 

“So,” Jungkook looked up.  He looked like a deer caught in headlights—but then again he might always look like that.  “Let’s start this off with your hired.”

“Really?  Wow, thank you,” Jungkook finally spoke.  His voice was still shaky, but he seemed to be a bit more relaxed now that he wasn’t worried about getting hired.

 

Hoseok was tempted to joke around with him about the fact that he had to hire Jungkook because how understaffed they were and how Jungkook was Yoongi’s brother, but Hoseok wasn’t dumb and he knew that that information could be used to someone’s advantage. He didn’t know if Jungkook wasn’t the type, but he wasn’t really going to risk it.  Hoseok shuffled through his papers until he found the tiny packet he was looking for.  “You’re welcome, and here is everything about the job.  It had the advantages that you will get financially and how the job works in terms of payment, how to quit, rules, things that would get you fired, etc.  You can look through that, fill it out, sign it, and give it to me on your first day.  I’ll make sure all your care is given to you and of course you can call whoever you need to, to make sure that’s happening.” Jungkook had the most confused look on his face.  “If you need help, you brother should know what all of this means.”

 

“Yoongi,” Jungkook off-handedly spoke and Hoseok was a little thrown by the name actually being said.  It was weird to think that these two could be related when they didn’t really look similar . . . at all.

 

“Yeah, him.  The packet also has some regulatory things that are quick and need-to-know about the company.  Your first couple days will be short days just so we can teach you how to do things.  Legally, I can’t have you work the register yet, but that’ll happen soon and you’ll be trained for that when we cross that bridge.  “This,” Hoseok handed Jungkook another paper, “Needs to be filled out right now.  It’s so I can know when and when you can and cannot work.”

Jungkook nodded after sifting through all his papers for a moment.  “Thank you, again.  I really needed this job.”

 

Hoseok laughed, “And I really needed another employee so I guess we’re even.”  Jungkook laughed.  “Hey, can you fill this out, out there?  I should really not spend a long time away from work.  I mean, you can ask me any questions you have before and you could totally fill out everything and then ask me even more questions after, but it’d be ideal.”

 

Jungkook stood up and smiled, “I don’t have any questions right now and yeah, I can do that.”

 

Hoseok and Jungkook silently walked back into the common area and parted ways at the small entrance employees would cross to get inside.  Jungkook waved and Hoseok watched as he walked up to his brother and began talking.  He looked away when Yoongi looked at him.  Okay, maybe he was still nervous.  He fled to the back in search of Jimin and hoped that Taehyung and Seokjin were still managing while Jimin and he hid from the brother’s.

When Hoseok found Jimin, he was pulling out some coffee beans from boxes and Hoseok was glad to see he was still working even though he was probably freaking out.  “Jimin,” He started as he went to the boy’s side, “How are you doing?”

 

“Did he get the job?”  Jimin asked.  Hoseok was mildly surprised with how fast the question came out.

 

“Yeah, he did.  Are you okay with that?”  Hoseok asked.  In his view, Hoseok thought that being around your crush every day for hours on end could be nerve-wracking.  It was for him with Yoongi and his crush had been sitting twenty feet away, not standing three feet away.  Even so, Hoseok occasionally turned into a mess when Yoongi would be near because as he had put it to his sister once:

 

“Like, oh my god, he’s just always so close and I wanna take care of him, but I think if I touch him I’m gonna melt because he’s so hot and I get that I’m surrounded by hot coffee, but he makes me feel hotter than any coffee could.”  (His sister promptly proceeded to laugh at his nonsense and tell him to just ask him on a date already).

 

“Hyung, I’m ecstatic!”  Jimin turned to face Hoseok and the smile on his face was bigger than Hoseok had ever seen.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah!  I get to see him at dance, but here I’ll be able to hang out with him!  Please let me train him?  I’ll behave and only kinda flirt,” He explained.  Jimin was shining brighter than he ever had and he was already jumping on the balls of his feet.  He was so emphatic about this it made Hoseok begin to wonder if Jungkook actually like him back.

 

Hoseok scoffed, “When he walked in you ran away, I really doubt you’ll have enough confidence to flirt.”

 

“But can I still train him?”  The smile hadn’t disappeared yet, it probably never would.

 

“Yeah, I guess . . .”

 

Jimin ensued to ridiculously dance around while chanting, “Thank you, hyung!  Thank you, hyung!”

 

Hoseok decided that it was time to go because one, he was sure that Jimin was going to be gushing over Jungkook for the next few minutes and two, he was always anxious about his café and never wanted to be gone for too long.  He walked to the front and shooed Taehyung away from the register so he could take it over again.  The employee made quick work to begin helping Seokjin in making drinks and Hoseok sighed in relief because the shop was still functioning well and everyone was alive.

But then Yoongi walked up and Hoseok was sure everything was on fire or maybe it was just him because he looked so good.  He looked cute, he looked hot, he looked astounding.  His hair looked too fluffy and framed his tiny face perfectly and Hoseok had to refrain from smiling and cooing and kissing Yoongi because he knew the latter would not appreciate that.  Yoongi was sporting a white t-shirt, a flannel and black skinny jeans.  He looked so comfy.  Hoseok didn’t know how to explain it otherwise because Yoongi looked comfy and Hoseok was jealous.  Yoongi would make an amazing cuddle buddy just based on how he looked.  Along with the on fleek outfit, Yoongi also had pale skin that looked absolutely divine and nowhere near unhealthy and it made Hoseok smile.  Yoongi still had bags under his eyes, but he did look better than usual.  He even had a smile on his face.


A/N: Hey!  So, I havent posted in a while and I had the want to look at my old stuff so I went through and edited this chalter (though I am still it isn't perfect).  I hope you guys like this chapter.

Please subscribe if you want to read more and comment if you enjoyed or have anything to say!  :D