final

Books

It’s Tuesday, 5:20 in the afternoon.

Taemin shrugs on his jacket and walks to the shoes rack to put on his sneakers.

He walks out of his house and down the street to the local library.

The sun was making its leave, the sky was clear blue, the birds were no longer singing.

Ten minutes later, the blonde boy is sitting at his usual spot, with a Harry Potter book in hands.

No one usually comes to the library in this hour, so Taemin gets to enjoy his book peacefully, without having two teenage girls whispering nonsense to each other next to him or someone asking him questions and disturbing him.

The bell of the library door jingles, declaring someone’s arrival. And Taemin rolls his eyes before checking his phone. It was 5:40.

Taemin looks up, and catches glimpse of a tall, brown haired guy wearing a sky blue shirt.

The guy ambles through the bookshelves, till he got to the one across of Taemin’s table.

He looked at Taemin, as if he was not expecting to see anybody. He stares at him for a minute or two before looking back at the bookshelf. He picks a book, a random one seemingly and starts walking towards the blonde.

He sits across of Taemin, puts his book down and looks at the blonde. Just simply stares at him.

Taemin fidgets in his seat, no longer focusing on what he’s reading. He could feel the brunette’s eyes on him.

“What do you want?” the blonde finally asks, putting the book on his lap.

The tall boy jumps slightly, not expecting Taemin to talk to him, “I-nothing.” he answers. His voice was low and deep.

“Why are you staring at me?” Taemin asks again. The brunette was looking at him innocently with his huge brown eyes.

The blonde stares back, drinking in the guy’s features. His eyes were chocolatey, his jaw was defined, his lips weren’t plump but they looked soft and pink.

Handsome.

Taemin screamed inwardly.

“You’re cute.” the tall boy admits, shamelessly.

Taemin blushes deeply and madly.

“You’re creepy.” he mutters, picking his book up again, trying to hide his face.

“No actually, I’m Minho.” the brunette replies seriously, as if Taemin really said something wrong.

“And stupid too.” the blonde adds, rolling his eyes once again.

“Aren’t you going to tell me your name?”

Taemin closes his book and puts down on the table. This guy doesn’t look like he’s going to stop talking to him anytime soon.

“I’m Taemin.”

Minho nods and smiles charmingly.

“So, Minho, what’s your favorite book?” Taemin asks, trying to keep the conversation alive. He was already disturbed, so why not get to know a handsome, stupid guy.

“Don’t really know.”


 

A Tuesday later, on 5:20, Taemin walks out of his house to the local library.

Ten minutes later, he picks his Harry Potter book and sits at his usual spot.

After another ten minutes, the doorbell jingles and Minho walks in.

This time, he doesn’t bother go through the bookshelves, acting as if he was interested and Taemin wondered why the hell he came here in the first place if he wasn’t interested in books.

“Hello, Taemin.”

“Hey, Minho.”

Taemin closes his book and puts it down.

“Where were you?” Minho asks him suddenly.

“Sorry?”

“I came here every single day the past week, you weren’t here.” Minho explains seriously. Looking at Taemin as if he did something horrible.

“Oh Minho, I’m sorry. I actually only come here on Tuesdays.”

“Tuesday.” Minho mumbled to himself.

They sat in silence after that, secretly stealing glances at each other.

“You’re pretty.” Minho pointed out suddenly, like he was asking for a cup of water.

Taemin’s mouth gaped like a fish as his cheeks got tainted with bright pink. This kid had no shame.

“I-I’m a guy. I’m not pretty.” the blonde said in defense.

“You are.”

Taemin smiled shyly and blushed deeply like a high school girl as he looked down at his lap.

Minutes passed, neither of them speaking a word.

“So, M-Minho, what’s your favorite book, now?” Taemin asked, breaking the silence.

The tall boy shrugged, “Don’t really know.”


 

Few Tuesdays have passed.

Meeting at the local library became their little tradition.

Taemin would always leave his house on 5:20, open his book on 5:30, put it down on 5:40 and blush few minutes later.

He discovered that Minho was a football coach, and he was actually older than him, which actually surprised Taemin since the tall boy always talked and acted like a ten-year-old kid, yet Taemin found it cute somehow.

The blonde found himself liking the shameless, sudden compliments that Minho would throw at him when he’s not expecting it at all, the tall brunette never failed to make him blush madly.

He loved their little, awkward conversations.

He loved the way Minho would look at him, like he saw something magical.

He just simply loved spending time with the older boy.


 

Few Tuesdays have passed.

Meeting at the local library became their little tradition.

Minho would always get ready and leave his house on 5:30, get to the library on 5:40 and stare at the golden boy for the next sixty minutes.

He discovered that Taemin was studying to become a doctor, and the boy was actually younger than him.

Minho found himself loving everything about the boy.

The calm, relaxing, green aura around him.

The way his cheeks would turn different shades of pink when he compliments him. Minho always found that cute-too cute.

Their little conversations.

He simply loved spending time with the blonde.


 

It’s Tuesday, 5:20 in the afternoon.

Taemin puts on his shoes and leaves his house.

Ten minutes later he sits at his usual spot, no book this time.

He thought that it’d be useless to pick a book and put it down on the table ten minutes later.

So he just sits there and waits.

Few minutes later, the doorbell jingles and the handsome brunette walks to him.

Taemin smiles softly when he spots him. The boy was dressed all in black, he looked extra handsome.

“Hello, Taemin.”

“Hey, Minho.”

Minho takes a seat across of Taemin, as usual and looks at the boy.

“You look handsome.” Taemin blurts out mindlessly and his face reddened when he actually realized what did he actually say.

“You look pretty.” Minho replies moments later. Cheeks slightly pink.

If it was physically possible, Taemin’s face grew redder at that as he looked away.

Minutes passed in silence, neither of them saying anything.

“So, Minho, what’s your favorite book?” Taemin asks; he already knew the answer, but he knew that if neither of them spoke a word, he’d suffocate and die right there.

 

You.”

 
*
This is stupid. Sorry guys.