1/2

It was a bet

Jimin slammed the phone on the table right in front of Yoongi, who was sleeping peacefully on the coach. The loud bang waking the sleeping boy up and making him shift uncomfortably, eyes still closed from tiredness. 

 

"Baby, what's wrong?", he asked half asleep half awake, trying not to fall asleep again. He was in the studio last night until midnight or something, composing and producing songs. When he came to his and Jimin's apartment at 3 who knows what AM, he let himself fall on the couch and immediately fell asleep. Too tired to walk to his and Jimin's room. He knew Jimin would understand. The younger boy always did. 

 

"Read this"

 

Jimin said, in a deep, cold voice. Different from his usual soft, cheery high pitched voice which Yoongi loved hearing everyday when he came back from work. His beautiful voice made all his problems fade away, as he hummed some songs into his ear, while Yoongi's blonde hair. The red haired boy always knew what to do when he had a rough day. 

 

Yoongi's eyes shot open by the cold tone of his boyfriend's voice. His face not different of what his voice sounded like. The younger boy wasn't looking at him but he could see the hurt in his big, brown eyes. Yoongi was perplexed and confused. Why was Jimin suddenly like this. Did he forgot his birthday, anniversary, valentines day?. No, last time he checked it wasn't any of them. And his phone would alert him if it was. 

After trying to figure out why his boyfriend could possibly be mad at him, he decided to ask. Mouth slightly open, he looked at his red haired boyfriend. 

 

"Baby, what happened"

 

Jimin didn't even spare him one glance, only pointed to the phone on the table (which looked like Yoongi's)

 

"Read", his voice sounded sadder this time. It sounded like it would break any time and it hurt Yoongi's heart. He didn't know what had happened but he wanted it to stop. Seeing Jimin like this was the last thing he wanted. So, he reached over to the table to get his phone. Glancing at Jimin one last time, he unlocked his phone and read the message. His eyes grew wide when he saw what was in it..

 

Flashblack

 

Jimin was folding Yoongi's clothes while singing a song that was playing on the tv when he heard someone's phone buzz. Smiling, he walked over to where the phone was lying and unplugged it from the charger. It was Yoongi's. Jimin remembers plugging his phone onto the charger after seeing it lying on the floor beside a sleeping Yoongi. The older boy came home really late last night and probably fell asleep on the couch. Jimin smiled at the thought of Yoongi stumbling into the living room and falling asleep on the couch. His boyfriend was always so hardworking and caring. Jimin respected his work and didn't complain about him spending too much time in the studio. 

Unknowingly, he took the phone, smiling when he saw the picture he and Yoongi took yesterday as his lock screen and unlocked it. 

 

One unread message.

 

It said and Jimin wondered if he should leave it there or just read it. But they're dating and in a relationship you shouldn't have secrets. Jimin thought, grinning. But it's his privacy what if he gets mad at me. He thought again, biting his upper lip nervously. After thinking of opening and not opening, the red haired boy decided to read it. I'm his boyfriend after all.

 

From: dumbjoonie

 

Jimin laughed at the nickname Yoongi gave his best friend, Namjoon. 

 

From: dumbjoonie 

 

Hey, can we forget about this thing we made last year? I don't want Seokjin or Jimin to know that we made a bet. I like Seokjin and I don't want your relationship to end as well..so please forgot about all this. 100 dollars aren't worth it. Please delete this message after you're done reading. Thanks. 

 

Jimin stared blankless at the phone in his hand, not sure what to think or to do. He stood there frozen, looking down on the phone in his hand. It wasn't what he thought, was it? Yoongi wouldn't or would he? But he said he loved me it couldn't be a lie, could it?

..

With an aching heart and an confused mind, he run into the living room where Yoongi was sleeping in. He dropped the phone on the table and stared down on the floor. The red haired boy had no guts to face him. If this was true, he couldn't face him anymore. But he had to know if this was true. Yoongi had to explain because the pain in Jimin's heart was killing him, eating him alive. 

 

He heard Yoongi shift and mumble some words until he finally spoke, asking him what happened. 

 

"Read", he said, voice cold from the feeling of being betrayed. It felt like his whole relationship was a lie, just a joke for Yoongi, so he could break jimin's heart and laugh at him. The younger boy wanted to know everything right now, so he can deal with the pain and slowly move on. This wasn't the first time someone broke Jimin's heart. It happened a lot, when he thinks about it but the pain was always the same. It hurt like hell and he felt dissapointed. Jimin wanted to cry, wanted to ask why everyone he loves hurts him but not now. Not in front of Yoongi. If this was true, he wasn't going to let him win. He hoped ge wouldn't cry. 

 

Yoongi took the phone in his hand, reading the message with an shocked expression. His face was enough for Jimin to understand that it was all indeed true. Jimin felt stupid. He should've known that this was a bet. Why would a guy who treated him like in high school and college suddenly want to date him. Jimin was and still is nothing for Yoongi. Nothing but a guy who he can make fun of and break his heart whenever he wanted to. 

 

"What was the bet?",

 

Jimin asked, looking into Yoongi's pleading eyes, full with regret. Jimin wanted to laugh at this ed up situation. Just a few minutes ago he was in his and Yoongi's room, folding his clothes. Just a few minutes ago he was happy, so ing happy that he didn't realize that his relationship was based on a bet. 

 

Yoongi stood up, trying to reach for his hand, only to be greeted by Jimin taking a step back and shaking his head. 

 

"Tell me"

 

He whispered, voice full with disappointment. Yoongi felt tears starting to build in his eyes. He knew he had to tell this to Jimin one day but not like this. Not when Jimin looked at him with his hurt eyes, those eyes that looked at him with love just yesterday. This shouldn't be happening, not to Jimin, not to us, not right now. Yoongi didn't want to tell Jimin, he was afraid he'd leave him if he would find out. It was selfish, he knew it but he loved Jimin so much. Yoongi shook his head. 

 

"Jimin please", his voice sounded so disgusting in his ears. He was disgusting, an ing for making Jimin feel like this. The younger boy already had to go trough so much because of him and now again. Yoongi didn't deserve him but he was selfish and loved the other boy so much. 

 

"Tell me or I'll leave"

 

Those words scared him so much. Those were the words, he'd never wanted to hear from the younger boy. Yoongi shook his head, his tears falling down and landing on his black T-Shirt. 

 

"P-please don't g-go. I'll explain everything, please just stay with me. Don't go, please"

 

Yoongi stuttered with a pleading voice, looking into the younger boy's cold face, tears streaming down his pale face. The blonde boy didn't know were to start. He felt ashamed, afraid and disgusting. Jimin was the best thing that ever happened in his pitiful life and losing him would be the end of Yoongi. But Jimin had to know the truth, he deserved to know it. It was the only thing he could do. 

 

"It was last year..Namjoon and I graduated from college and wanted to do something fun to celebrate. We went to a club and drank some drinks and talked.."

 

Yoongi sighed shakily. It was so hard to explain. He knew that with every word that came out of his mouth, he added another scar on the other boy's already broken heart. It was so hard to see the boy you love in pain because you're a ed up idiot.

 

"We stayed there until namjoon got a idea, a stupid idea. He dared me to date you until I..until we uh have ..after that I was gonna dump you. I dared him back and he had to do the same with Jin. I continued the dare for only one month but then I fell in love with you. It was a mistake and I regret it so much. If I knew what a beauful person you are back then, I'd never do it. I was so stupid, Jimin please forgive me, I love you, please believe me"

 

Jimin smiled with tears in his eyes. It wasn't his usual smile. It was a broken smile. The younger boy looked at Yoongi, as he kept the broken smile on his face. Yoongi wished he could do something, anything to stop this. He couldn't handle seeing Jimin like this. The younger boy didn't deserve this, he was the kindest and sweetest person Yoongi had ever seen. Always kind and helpful to others. He hadn't seen a time the boy wasn't smiling and Yoongi managed to break the boy. He managed to turn his beautiful smile into an broken one. 

 

"Was is worth it? Did you win?"

 

Yoongi sobbed and tried to hug Jimin, only to get pushed away by him. 

 

"No tell me who won, I wanna know"

 

Yoongi wanted to die right now and right there. His heart ached and he wondered how something can hurt so much. It made it hard to speak, hard to make Jimin stay because he could feel the younger boy walking further away from him. Yoongi was desperate because he couldn't do anything to make Jimin stay. All he could do was cry like a pathetic little child. 

 

"I won", he wispered. It sounded so wrong, this shouldn't be happening. Yoongi feelt like someone was the air out of his lungs, leaving him breathless and in pain. Yoongi never thought he would experience something like this, not with Jimin. He desperately hoped for Jimin to forgive, he was selfish and in love with him. But the look on the other's face said otherwise and Yoongi knew he lost him. 

 

Jimin clapped. 

 

"Congrats..wow..you managed to break my heart and make a fool out of me. Congrats, you did it, Yoongi. I hope you have a nice life now"

 

And Jimin walked away not even taking a jacket with him. It was raining, it always was in seoul but he didn't care. Jimin wished the rain would wash away his pain because it was the only way he could get over it. Get over this day. Get over Yoongi..

 

 

Hi, I'm back with another boring fic. I tried to make it sad, really but I failed *cry* I like writing angsty fics but it's hard for me to describe the pain they go trough because I never experienced a heartbreak. Nvm, I've seen some people asking me to a sequel for my other fic  but I'm not sure if I'm actually going to do it. I don't like writing sequels because I feel like I'd dissapoint the readers. Maybe I'll do it but just maybe. 

 

Thank you for reading this mess and ignoring my mistakes (which I made a lot) 

 

-yoonminie