day two

one day we'll get there

 

day two

 


 

"Mina, are you sure we should do this?"

 

The woman placed a hand on her husband's shoulder as they both gazed at a picture of a five year-old grinning Haru.

 

"I just want to see her smile again, Jae. If she can't face her past then she'll never be able to move forward."

 

"Haru will get there. If it's her, I'm sure she'll get there."

 

~

 

"I can't get there in time!" grumbled Haru as she ran, feeling very uncomfortable wearing the new uniform. "That damn old man could've told me sooner!"

 

She finished the rest of the piece of toast Old Man Choi had sent her off with and bit back a groan as she saw the school in the distance. To her luck, the gate was completely closed as well. She arrived at the front gate and looked through the bars. Not a single soul was in sight.

 

In the middle of debating whether she should just screw it and go home or actually attempt to hang around this place for one day, a loud '!' caught her attention.

 

"The old hag's gonna chasing down my today…" she heard the boy mutter. He looked around her age and seemed to be in so much of a hurry that his uniform was crumpled and wasn't worn on properly; the tie was crooked to one side and his shirt wasn't tucked in.

 

The boy caught Haru looking at him and approached her.

 

"Hey, wanna help me climb the wall?"

 

"Pardon?"

 

"Wall," he pointed to the brick wall beside the gate. "Help me climb it."

 

Haru looked at the wall, then back at the boy. It was impossible to climb it without any help.

 

"Hey, , can you hear me?"

 

? Despite looking like a little puppy with that face, – minus the many noticeable piercings on his ears – the words coming out of the boy's mouth did not suit him at all. And if she really heard him right, he had just called her a .

 

"Sure," Haru gave the boy a smile. "But you need to boost me up first."

 

He gave her a look before reluctantly accepting her offer.

 

The boy got his hands into a boosting position as Haru walked up to the wall.

 

"No need for that," Haru quickly said. "I'll just climb onto you."

 

"What –"

 

Before he could say another word, Haru clambered onto the boy's back and stepped all over him in order to reach the top of the wall.

 

"Hey –!" she heard a yell of pain "My face –"

 

"Shut up," she snapped, "I'm almost there!" With one more step, she pushed herself off the boy and grabbed onto the edge of the wall. Hauling herself up and over to the other side, she glanced back at the boy who was waiting for her to help him up, with a very annoyed expression on his face.

 

"When I get up there, I will kill you, you ing ," he said grudgingly.

 

Haru flashed him a smile. "That's when you get up here."

 

"What?"

 

Serves you right for having the nerve to call me a .

 

"Have fun, little pup!" With that, Haru jumped, landed and made her way inside the school building.

 

~

 

"Little pup?" he couldn't believe it. "Little pup?"

 

They’ve only just met and she dare to step on his face as well as call him a dog? Someone was asking for a death wish.

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 

"What do you want?" he hissed through the phone speaker, anger boiling inside him.

 

"Woah, who stuck a stick up your ?"

 

"I'm hanging up."

 

"Ya, Jeon Jungkook! Listen to "

 

Jungkook let out a sigh and shoved his phone back into his pocket, turning his attention back to the girl from earlier.

 

Whoever that was, he was going to make her pay.

 

~

 

She's lost.

 

Haru has been wandering around for only ten minutes and she's already had enough of this place. She would've walked straight back out to the exit if she actually remembered where it was. The faint sound of noisy chatter could be heard as she passed each classroom, making her cringe.

 

How on earth did she manage to survive in a place like this back then?

 

Haru stopped. Thinking of the past always gave her a massive, throbbing headache. Her memory only went as far back as her two years abroad and only bits and pieces of middle school. It was vague but she could recall some things.

 

Such as the fact that school was one of the places that contained a very large handful of fake, manipulative and disgusting low-lives who only got close to people that they thought would benefit them in some way.

 

"Oi!"

 

Haru winced as another round of throbs attacked her head.

 

"I said oi!"         

 

Breaking out of it, she whipped around. To her dismay, an awfully familiar figure came running towards her full speed, anger lighting up his eyes.

 

"Oh …" she muttered, making a run for it. It was that puppy boy again. How did he even manage to climb up that wall?!

 

"I'm gonna get you, you little !"

 

Hearing the word again for the third time, sparked something in her. Haru stopped in her tracks and turned right around, facing the boy. Caught off guard by the sudden halt, he went stumbling in attempt to stop and crashed right into Haru.

 

"What's with all the noise –" The door of the classroom opened beside the two – who were a pile on the floor – and a teacher stood towering above them. "Oh my."

 

"What's up, teach –"

 

Heads popped out from behind the door and froze when they laid eyes on the two.

 

"J-Jungkook?!"

 

He's done it this time. Haru heard something in her mentally 'snap'. "Get the off." Without warning, she gave the boy on top of her a kick which sent him flying back.

 

Another round of gasps erupted from the spectators. "Jungkook!"

 

Haru got up and dusted her uniform, immensely annoyed by now and vigorously rubbed her lips with her sleeve. Disgusting.

 

Before he could even get up, three other boys came running out from behind the classroom door and hurled themselves at the boy called Jungkook, tackling him back to the ground again.

 

"Don't do it, Jungkook!" one yelled.

 

"Restrain yourself!" another one exclaimed.

 

"Stay calm!" the third piped up.

 

"Let go of me!"

 

The three boys struggled with keeping Jungkook under restraint, wriggling around the floor in a messy heap.

 

"You can't punch a girl!"

 

"Watch me!"

 

"Enough!" cut in the teacher, breaking the four boys apart. As the boy called Jungkook got up and walked grudgingly into class, held back by the three boys, he shot Haru a glare the entire way.

 

The teacher turned to Haru. "You must be the new student?"

 

"Is there anyone else new starting today?" Haru asked, already regretting her decision of not exiting the building as soon as she came in.

 

"No, there isn't."

 

"Then yes, that's me."

 

The teacher gave her a smile. "Come in."

 

Yep. She was definitely regretting her decision.

 

"Welcome to class 2A."

 

Haru tried her best to bite back a cringe. This was everything she ever hated. Noisy people, cramped up classrooms and to make it worse, the guy who stole her first kiss as well as call her three times.

 

All eyes fell on her as she walked into the class.

 

Why did she have to go through all of this again?

 

~

 

Great.

 

Not only did the girl who stepped on his face, stole his first kiss, she was also becoming a member of his class.

 

Just great.

 

"Listen up you brats, we have a new addition to the class today," announced Mrs Lee. "She's been abroad for two years and this is her first year back to school. Treat her well!"

 

Jungkook watched the girl as she did a quick scan of everyone in the class with her eyes.

 

"Hello. My name is Hwang Haru," was all she simply said before making her way down the aisles of tables to an empty desk as the class erupted into a symphony of whispers and chatter.

 

Jungkook turned away from the girl. "Tch, look at that acting all high and –"

 

"Want me to show you around school?" Junkook heard a familiar voice say. "If it's you, it'll be free of charge."

 

"Ya! Jimin!" exclaimed Jungkook, coming over to pull the player back to where he belonged.

 

"Hey,"

 

Jungkook turned around. Brown orbs pierced into his.

 

"What?"

 

"You forgot to apologise," she said. "You fell on me."

 

He scoffed and slammed a hand onto her desk, closing in the distance between their faces. "Did you forget stepping on my face this morning, wrench?"

 

With a finger, she prodded at his chest. "You started it, ."

 

Weakly laughing, Jimin came over and attempted to break up the tension that was beginning to cloud around the two.

 

"He really might punch you, you know, Haru," Jimin whispered.

 

The corners of Haru's lips briefly lifted. "Try me."

 

"It's like you want to fight me or something," laughed Jungkook, loosening his tie.

 

"Jungkook, don't."

 

Haru stood up, looking at him straight in the eyes. "Come at me."

 

He shrugged. "You asked for it." He raised a fist and before he could send it flying, a booming voice left the class silent.

 

"Jeon Jungkook! Out!"

 

Stuck for words, he looked at the enraged teacher then back at Haru. She snickered.

 

"Serves you right."

 

Clenching his fists, he bit back the urge to bruise that smug face of hers and stormed out of class.

 

That transfer student better watch her back from now on.

 

Jeon Jungkook has marked her.

 

~