I like you the best

I like you the best
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author: AnnoNiji

Title: I like you the best

Couple: Dongwoon/girl OC

Length: 2871 words

A/N: couldn't find a title so i scrolled through Beast's song and chose that one ♥

 

She'll take her coffee without sugar; well, without nothing at all beside coffee itself. Oh, yeah, forgot to say: double espresso. Something strong, something bitter and which can wake up a dead man. But by the way she drinks; it looks like it's normal water. Seriously, coffee's power is to give attention and adrenaline. It gives none of that to her except a cute smile because she's drinking her favourite drink, and she'll still be as clumsy as always.

 

DongWoon shifts on his seat and looks at his coffee with three sugar and milk cream with cinnamon. What the hell is going on, he thinks. She's his dongsaeng by two years and it's him who drinks something so girly? Can't he drink something stronger?

 

Well, no. The last time he tried to drink his coffee without sugar, he made such a face that she laughed so hard – with her laugh which hears like any other laugh, full of happiness and true fun, a little bit low and weird, nothing pitched and fake.

 

“DongWoon oppa, don't you like your coffee? I can get something else,” she asks because she sees Beast's maknae not touching his drink.

“No, it's fine, don't worry,” he replies with a smile.

 

She smiles back and continues to read what she's reading: as always, a book in a foreign language. Which one is it this time? Last time, it was in english – well, simple – but DongWoon swears he saw her with a greek one once.

 

“Do you want to finish my smoothie?” KiKwang asks her.

 

She won't take it, hyung, she doesn't like over-sugary things like this one, DongWoon thinks – but says nothing.

 

“Thank you oppa, but it's okay. Give it to HyunSeung oppa instead, he needs sugar to dance as he likes.”

 

HyunSeung shouts of happiness when KiKwang gives him his strawberry-and-raspberry-with-sweet-milk smoothie, and DongWoon catches the fonding stare she has while looking at the 4D dancer. The maknae's smile drops and he hides his face in his cup.

 

“What are you reading this time?” DuJun asks her.

“Try to recognize which language,” she challenges the leader while laughing slightly, showing the book to him.

 

She waits, smiles, tilts her head to the left, shooks when DuJun gives a bad answer, laughs at his imagination – seriously, oppa, you don't even know where Morocco is –, and finally gives him the right answer:

 

“It's in german.”

“So that makes how many languages you can speak?” JunHyung asks. “There's korean, japanese, chinese...”

“... thai, english, greek, italian, french, german, and you're currently learning spanish,” DongWoon adds but not too loud, just a whisper.

“You said something, oppa?” she asks.

“Nothing,” he simply smiles.

 

How he would scare her if she knows that he remembers all the languages she's taking at school and by herself.

 

“Well, what a serious dongsaeng we have here, we're lucky you're our interpreter!” DuJun exclams.

 

She blushes a little bit – she always blushes when someone praises her for her hard work, DongWoon has noticed.

 

“Here, here, fans gave me cookies!” YoSeob cheers and hands them a box full of wonderful biscuits which look so tasty and yummy.

 

She'll let us eat first, and when it'll be her turn to pick a cookie, she won't hesitate and she'll chose a chocolate one. And if there's any, she'll decline politely while saying she's not hungry because she doesn't like almond and grape.

 

DongWoon makes sure not to pick a chocolate cookie and that there's still chocolate ones when he hands the box to her. She gives him a soft smile and her eyes sparkles when she sees there's still chocolate. She happily takes it with a big thank you to YoSeob and eats it hungrily.

 

“Well, I don't know if your fans will be happy to know you share their presents with girls,” she jokes teasingly.

“But you're a fan too and one of my favourite,” YoSeob replies and comes to hug her playfully.

 

They joke around some more, under DongWoon's eager stare who does nothing though, and tries not to drown himself with his over-sugary drink – I can't even give it to her if she's still craving for coffee after her second cup, he curses mentally against himself.

 

“Oh! Troublemaker!” KiKwang exclams when the radio in the room begins to play Hyuna's and JS's song.

 

HyunSeung, who's still dancing, shifts to Troublemaker's choreo and they all laugh and sing with him while he's playing y and handsome. At the part where he's normally trying to kiss Hyuna, he takes carefully their interpreter's arm and she laughs gleefully, avoiding HyunSeung's lips while he's grinning at her. Everyone cheers in the room and she tries to hide her blush – but when she blushes it's so obvious and so cute...

 

HyunSeung lets go of her with a last wink and finishs the dance under their applause.

 

They are all happy to be together, relaxing between performances overseas – that's why she's here, to help them communicate with the fans and the staffs or simply at the convenience store. It has been several times she's here to travel with them and she more or less became their mascot and a good friend. She works part-time under Cube, and also for 4minute, BTOB or CLC, while she keeps going to the university until the day she will graduate, to be an official staff member of Cube. DongWoon is so glad of that fact – it means, more day of working with her, talking with her, laughing with her.

 

But at the same time he's scared, because it means also more day of her working with HyunSeung, talking with HyunSeung, laughing with HyunSeung, playing with HyunSeung.

 

He's a desperate and shy maknae who stares at her so much that he has noticed that she seems really happier and has stars in her eyes when she's with the 4D member. And it's killing DongWoon because he has no confidence against his y hyung. She is totally right if she picks HyunSeung up instead of the maknae who is still lacking in a lot of ways, right?

 

That's what DongWoon thinks of himself.

 

And truth to be said, she doesn't think the same about him at all. But DongWoon isn't able to see that fact, because he's oblivious of someone loving him – in a way it's cute, but then how can their relationship grow? Because she's not doing a lot either – she doesn't want to over-use his luck to be working with Beast, and she doesn't want to be hated and that people say about her that she's just using her position to get through Beast and to use them only for fun and b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter