Final

Hold Me Tight

Jimin sighed as he unlocked the door to his group's shared dorm. It was dark and quiet inside, with the occasional 'boom' from the fireworks that were being fired outside. Although quite confused as to why their neighbors were lighting fireworks in the first place, he couldn't find it in him to care enough to ask, so he tried his best to ignore the loud roars. He assumed everyone had gone to sleep, judging by how there was no roaring laughter or endless chatter that could often be heard when one approached the group. Quietly closing the door behind him, he kicked off his sneakers and tiptoed his way towards the living room. 

He had stayed behind after dance practice in order to sharpen some of the new choreography they had learned today, and frankly speaking, he was beat. He was covered in sweat, his shirt was drenched, and he just really wanted to take a nice long shower. Which he did, after dropping his duffel bag with a thunk on the floor (and almost regretting it after realizing, again, that he was the only soul awake at this hour) and heading towards his room that he shared with Hoseok and Taehyung.

Careful as to not wake the two, he crept towards his closet, quickly grabbed a pair of boxers and a clean t-shirt, and made a beeline for the bathroom. He slipped out of his clothes and jumped into the shower, turning the knobs of the shower. After adjusting the water to the right temperature, Jimin sighed, letting his muscles relax as the water washed away all the grimy sweat that had been sticking to him.

The fireworks could still be heard over the running water, albeit now muffled and faint. However, after such a long day, Jimin had no trouble ignoring such noises and took his time shampooing and washing himself. Halfway in the shower, he had started to hum a little tune, which he soon realized was one of his group's songs. Smiling, he started to quietly sing the lyrics to "Hold Me Tight," closing his eyes in the process. 

Jimin didn't realize how long he had stayed in the shower, lost in his own little world, until he noticed how pruny his fingers had become. Shutting off the water, he jumped out and toweled his hair and body dry, slipped on his pajamas, and quickly ran a hair dryer through his wet locks. After brushing his teeth, he headed towards the kitchen to grab a quick glass of water.

Although it was dark in the dorm, the bright fireworks outside the dorm provided a soft glow for the boy, enough for him to make it to the kitchen without tripping over the carpet. As he downed his drink, he took a quick glance at the electronic clock on the kitchen counter.

1:56 AM.

What the hell where his neighbors doing, lighting fireworks at one in the morning? He would have to ask his manager tomorrow, or well, today, after a nice 5 hour long sleep. Excited at the thought of getting a good nights sleep, Jimin quickly placed his glass down in the sink and sprinted towards his room.

As he quietly opened the door, he suddenly stopped. He could have sworn he heard a whimper, although maybe it was his minds playing tricks on him from fatigue. And how did he even know it was a whimper, with all the loud booms constantly beind heard inside the dorm. Shaking his head, he gently closed the door, and tiptoed his way towards the location of the bottom bunk of the bunk beds.

*sniff*

He stopped. Okay, he definitely heard someone sniffle. And it sounded extremely close. His eyes darted aroudn the dark room, first landing on the top bunk, where Taehyung was softly mumbling in his sleep, and then shifting to Hoseok's bed, where the elder was softly snoring. His eyes then landed on his own bed.

That lump was definitely not there before he had taken his shower. He was slightly afraid of what was hiding underneath his covers, but it seemed his tiredness beat out his more rational thinking, and he closed in on the lump on his bed.

Hands slightly trembling, Jimin bit his lip as he heard another whimper coming from the lump, but bravely took a hold of one of the corners of his blanket and slowly picked them up to take a peek inside.

He didn't know what he was expecting. Maybe a dog or a cat that had somehow snuck through an open window, or maybe Taehyung was right, and aliens had come to abduct them all. However, he did not expect to find Jeon Jungkook, curled up in a ball, whimpering quietly, but quickly stopping realizing someone had lifted the covers. 

Jimin was speechless, to say the least. Not by the fact that when another loud boom was heard, the younger covered his ears and shut his eyes tightly, but more by the fact that Jungkook, the same Jungkook that constantly pushed him away and ignored Jimin's attempts to win his affections, that same boy, was hiding in not Seokjin's bed, not Namjoon's bed, not even Taehyung's bed, but his bed, of all beds. 

A million thoughts raced through his mind as he tried to make sense of this situation. The younger was obviously afraid, maybe even terrified, of fireworks, judging from the way he curled up into more of a ball each time the loud boom of a firework was heard. But what was he doing in his bed? Didn't the maknae dislike him? Wasn't that why he always left Jimin hanging whenever he went in for a hug, or to link arms, to form some sort of skinship? His heart ached at the thought of the younger rejecting him constantly. Maybe it wouldn't hurt as much if the older wasn't head over heels for Jungkook. 

Jimin was suddenly snapped out of his thought as another whimper escaped Jungkook's lips. Without thinking (to be fair, it was past midnight, and he was really, really tired), he quickly dove underneath the covers and slid beside the younger's body. Before the younger could even react, Jimin grasped his wrists and swiftly uncurled him from his ball-like position. Jungkook almost let out a yelp of protest, but was soon stopped by the older bringing him into an embrace by the pull of his wrists. Jungkook found himself being pressed up against his hyung's body, his head resting at the crook of his neck, the older's arms wrapped securly around the his torso, and their legs tangled in a pile of limbs.

They stayed like that for a while, Jimin tracing soothing circles on the younger's back with the tip of his index finger, quietly whispering "it's okay Kookie, I'm here," into his ear everytime another loud boom was heard and Jungkook jerked in fear. The younger could feel his heart race as his hyung tried his best to comfort him. Unconciously, he buried his face onto the crook of Jimin's neck, closing his eyes and inhaling his scent. He didn't know what it was, but something about his hyung's scent was oddly soothing (which was why he ended up in the older's bed in the first place).

He would never admit it, but he was most comfortable around Jimin. Yes, he did constantly ignore him, and would push him away when he got too close, but he really did love recieving the older's attention. He didn't even know himself why he never returned Jimin's constant affections, but it was too late to think about that now. For now, he would just try to ignore the terrifying booms of the fireworks and focus on the warm embrace his hyung had enveloped him in. With that thought in mind, Jungkook nuzzled even closer to Jimin, his hands clutching the front of the older's shirt, and tried to enjoy his scent as much as possible.

Although he was calm and collected on the outside as he tried to comfort Jungkook, Jimin's mind was racing at the situation he had gotten himself into. Never in a million years would he have thought that he would one day be sharing a bed with Jungkook, let alone embrace him and whisper soothing words into his ear. His heart beated wildly against his chest, his face grew warm as a light blush dusted his cheeks. Not long after that, he found himself staring lovingly at Jungkook, his hand moving from his back to his head, brushing his fingers along the other's soft locks. He could have sworn he heard Jungkook sigh in content and move even closer, if that was even possible at this point. 

It took a while for Jimin to realize that the fireworks had finally stopped, and there was no longer anymore booming that would scare the younger. A sudden surge of sadness filled his heart as he realized that his job was done. Jungkook had only come to his bed to hide, maybe seek comfort, from the fireworks. Nothing more. With that thought in mind, Jimin's mood dropped considerably, as he knew this would probably never happen again.

"Jungkook-ah, the fireworks are over," Reluctantly, he unwrapped himself from the younger and pushed him away slightly. He did not expect to see Jungkook's shocked and crestfallen expression as he tried to process why the source of warmth was suddenly gone. Again, Jimin was left speechless as the maknae clung to the his sleeve and pulled him in again, soon wrapping his arms around him this time.

"No, don't go," Jungkook mumbled quietly, suddenly grabbing the back of his hyung's shirt and pulling him in even closer. He let out a sigh of relief as Jimin nodded, crossing the little space that was in between them. Something about Jimin's embrace, his scent, his presence, was so comforting and warm and loving to Jungkook that he refused to let it go. His grip on the other's shirt tightened.

As Jungkook was finally starting to feel a little drowsy, Jimin sang quietly into his ear. The maknae soon recognized the familiar tune, and joined in.

"kkwak jabajwo nal anajwo
Can you trust me, can you trust me, can you trust me
kkwak kkeureoanajwo
kkwak jabajwo nal anajwo
Can you trust me, can you trust me
jebal jebal jebal kkeureoanajwo."

Jungkook felt himself drifting off to sleep as the last line left his mouth. Jimin's heart continued to thump wildy and he was afraid that the younger would wake up by his thundering heart, but smiled as the younger finally closed his eyes. Unconciously, he brought his lips up to the younger's forehead and planted a light peck on said area. Grinning cheekily to himself, Jimin finally closed his eyes and held the other close, his mind drifting off to dreamland.


and before I knew it it's 4 AM omg ok I did not proof read this at all mian, I'll do it tmr morning