End

Happy ending

 

 

Heavy footsteps echoed around the empty apartment, the sun had risen and its brightness poked Lee Taemin’s eyes cruelly until he had to wake up from his beauty sleep on a weekend. His Adam apple bobbed, wetting his dry mouth and throat from his fine, sufficient sleeping last night. He stood for a while in front of his bedroom door, looked around his empty living room, and it was plain, as plain as his life, and it was simple, as simple as his personality. Lee Taemin was 35, supposed to be married but he chose not to because he only wanted to marry one person and if it was not him, he better not get married at all.

He ran his fingers through his tangled bed hair and sighed, at this time, at this kind of morning, he felt empty and alone–even his television sounded dull, nothing picked his interest or nothing could overcome his loneliness. He stood up to his fridge, fussing about having nothing for breakfast and so he walked to his bathroom to wash up and soon left his cosy apartment to buy coffee and bread.

His phone constantly buzzed since he woke up but he ignored it, most about work or about the stubborn customer that sometimes called him to get another dispensation of paying their bank loan–Taemin was working in a bank as credit recovery manager that handle big money. But not those buzzes he wished this morning, he wished for a name of Minho.

His lips curled into a smile when it actually happened few seconds after his prayers.

How’s your sleep?

Good, Yoogeun is awake?

Yoogeun is still asleep.

Geez, you don’t even ask me back.

Taemin chuckled.

Yoogeun is my everything, surely I will ask about him first :p

He’s my son, not yours.

Taemin stopped his step and got into deep thought, he was about to type ‘he’s my son too’ but he afraid it would sound weird, then he typed ‘he’ll be mine someday’ but he erased it again because it sounded even weirder.

Possessive dad was what he wrote after some thought.

How’s your sleep anyway?

I read too much fairytale I dreamt of it.

You’re the prince?

No, I’m the witch.

Suits you.

What about today’s plan?

Taemin waited for another reply as he waited for his coffee but there was none, he sat quietly staring at his phone, hoping it would buzz but even after his coffee drained into half, the reply didn’t come just yet. He wiped his mouth, ready to leave the coffee shop and put his phone into his pocket only to withdraw it a second later because of the sudden constant buzz; he called.

“Taeminnie!”

Taemin’s smile crept all over his face, ear to ear after hearing the cute sleepy voice from the other side, he heard rustle too, probably the boy was still laying on his bed together with his father and shared a warm hug.

“Yoogeun, you’re awake?”

“I missed you missed you missed you,” the boy said. “Don’t forget about later, okay?”

“Hmm! Aaand I missed you too...” Taemin replied with a smile but then his eyebrows furrowed as he heard whispers from behind and it was surely Minho from how low and deep the whisper was, Yoogeun was giggling a little and Taemin just couldn’t ignore how his heart swell imagining the two sweet father and son sharing affectionate morning together; he wished he could join them.

“Appa said he missed you too–” Yoogeun’s voice was buckled by a hand and he heard Yoogeun laughing really hard, probably Minho tickled him.

Taemin shouldn’t blush but he did. In the middle of his breakfast, the one and a half men made him blush so hard, gathering people’s attention to his face.

“What?”

“No! I didn’t say that, really!” Minho shouted at the phone.

“I’m not lying!” Yoogeun whispered to the phone, followed by a deep call of the boy’s name as its background.

“Taemin-ah, we’ll call you later, okay?”

“Taeminnie! it’s true! Appa just whispered to me that he mi–”

The phone suddenly hung up and Taemin was frozen, eyes blinked quickly and he was speechless for whatever the phone call was about. He held his burning face, it was as hot as his morning coffee and he could feel fire on the tips of his ears too, his stomach churned, and his head playing stupid love song with his heartbeat as its drum.

Minho missed him was all that he could digest.

 

 

 

Taemin packed Yoogeun’s favourite croissant he brought this morning and also some other foods for their little outings, Minho and Yoogeun said they would pick Taemin in his house and went for a zoo date, the three of them. Preparing food was easier for Taemin than preparing his heart. He would go with Minho and Yoogeun, walking like they were an actual family –even if it was only Taemin’s imagination– so he was restless about that.

The younger was still in love with Minho after years.

Different courses and different year but they met like fate in high school. Taemin who spent most of his time alone, met Minho who loved to skip classes to sleep on the rooftop. They were at first spent their time with not much of talking, just a short yet comfortable companion that each of them might forgot the next day. But the two of them never missed the chance to meet each other on the rooftop, or in student lounge, or anywhere they could.

It was like fate was playing them because they both came from the same junior high school and used to live in same neighbourhood. And so they became friends, close enough until Taemin had the thought of liking him a little too much than just friends. There were times where they would try holding hands, hugging, or kissing each other because Minho was forever alone while Taemin was a free guy who disliked the idea of becoming someone’s –even if now he wanted to be someone’s, Minho’s. Some weird sparks glowed between them but Minho thought it was just because the amount of experimental skinship they sometimes shared, so he ignored it. And even if Taemin somewhat felt that they were something at one time, he stayed silent because at the other time they were nothing.

In college Minho studied microfinance and Taemin studied credit management, even if their schedule didn’t match, they often went out to eat or for a walk (not a date) or they went to watch movie or they would kiss in the middle of the movie (again, not a date). But they kept maintaining their label as friends. Taemin went out with other people and Minho dated with some girls but the unclear thing was still there, never really dissipated.

At one point, they grew distance and suddenly lost all contact for months. Only until Minho’s graduation day when they met again, they bid farewell because Taemin would move overseas and at that time Minho also confessed that he would marry his girlfriend after he was settled with his job. There were undefined feelings but both of them kept it cool. Taemin studied really hard to forget the latter but he couldn’t, they were friends, they were supposed to remember each other.

When he came back to Seoul two years later, the first new he got was Minho’s wedding; Taemin’s heart shattered and he couldn’t lie that he didn’t feel anything for Minho.

 

He heard the noisy bell rang all over his apartment, waking him up from his painful memories. A knowing smile drawn in his face, and so he left the kitchen counter to connect see who was pressing his bell violently.

“Open sesame!”

Laughter left his mouth as soon as the intercom connected.

“The door is open, my prince...”

Taemin made sure his apartment door was unlocked before he grabbed his bags, not forgetting to wrap their lunch boxes he prepared since the morning. He tried to act fine as he heard his door being opened, followed by a hurried footsteps running towards him.

“Taeminnie!” He felt warmth wrapped his legs and he couldn’t contain his smile anymore.

“Good morning, Yoogeunie~” Taemin ruffled the boy’s hair before giving him a hug.

“Miss me?” Yoogeun asked.

“You have no idea how I missed you the whole week.”

Yoogeun gave him a long kiss on his lips, surprising Taemin who didn’t aware of it.

“Oho! Young man! We need to talk about that!” Minho sternly warned his son.

Taemin stood up and stared at Minho, giving him an eyebrow.

“What, Tae?”

“Where did he learn that kiss?” Taemin was furious all of a sudden.

“I don’t know!”

“What are you watching until he learns something like that? Don’t tell me–”

Minho didn’t say anything else, he chuckled at Taemin’s face and patted his cheek. “You missed me too or what? You’re talking like a worried mother whose son spent too much time with a erted father.”

Taemin narrowed his eyes and he knew Minho was trying to run away from the conversation, but he noticed that his face crept by boiling blood from the touch Minho gave; Taemin was somewhat flustered.

“Oh? You’re blushing or are you having a fever? From the kiss or from getting caught that you missed me too?”

“I don’t blush!”

 

 

 

It was such a perfect weather to go out, the air was warm enough with a smell of upcoming summer and the sun didn’t shine in a torturing way. The sky was blue with pretty fluffy clouds moving every time the wind blew, stimulating Yoogeun’s imagination of dragons, minions, bear, chicken and all sort.

The boy was excited as he walked with Taemin and Minho’s hand in each of his little hands, he swung it happily and cute Disney soundtrack slipped out of the boy’s lips continuously. It was all perfect. They felt like a family, one complete family. What else the boy could ever ask?

Walking down the path, seeing any kind of animals and their attractions made Yoogeun extremely happy, moreover he could spend time with Taemin and his father, eating Taemin’s standard cooking and enjoying his favourite croissant that only found near Taemin’s apartment. The little boy’s cheekbones never went down, his heart never stopped beating excitedly or his bubbly laughter never once stopped. Having both hands holding him tight made him wonder if this was called happy ending, and if it was, he would want have one; with him, his father and Taemin in it.

They stopped at one shady green field where colourful mats were spread here and there, full of happy family scene and lots of kids having fun. Minho saw lots of emotions on Yoogeun’s face and he couldn’t help but to sigh secretly. But Taemin saw all that, saw how Yoogeun was jealous with the green pea shirt kid who got fed by his mother, he saw how Yoogeun bit his lips at the sight of a girl in yellow cuddled in between her parents and he saw how Minho felt sorry for Yoogeun.

“Yoogeun-ah, aaaah~” Taemin fed him with a smile, he saw Yoogeun’s eyes sparkled at it. It had always been Taemin who noticed Yoogeun’s need for love and had been the one who gave him his best, all for Yoogeun.

Taemin was about to drink when he felt Minho’s hand brushing over his knuckles, making Taemin’s eyes flickered to where the softness touched him before his eyes landed on a pair of big brown eyes that captivated him ever since they met for the first time. What Taemin saw was a gentle look out of gratitude and also a warm smile that show how he was glad to have Taemin by his side, followed by an inaudible thank you and a tight grip on his hand. The younger’s smile was spread widely with a tint of embarrassment on his face.

“Appa!” Yoogeun was surprising the two who were holding hands behind his back, Taemin retracted but Minho held him tightly in place.

“Yes?”

Yoogeun’s eyes shaped like two cute crescents as he saw the clasping hands, a giddy smile was form too before the boy jumped into Taemin’s arm, resulting Taemin to fell on his back next to Minho.

“Yoogeun-ah,” Taemin chuckled as the boy squealed so happily in his embrace.

Minho then inched closer to the cuddling form, slipped his hand over Taemin’s waist and pulled them both into his big warm embrace. Minho’s face was just few inches from Taemin’s immediate red face. Yoogeun were in between the two men, sighing deeply for he loved the feeling of being hugged by two person when he usually only get a hug from his father, he couldn’t stop smiling.

“Hyung–” Taemin was speechless when Minho suddenly lent his forearm as Taemin’s pillow before he leaned onto his forehead with eyes boring into Taemin’s cranium.

“What?”

“Too close.”

“Why? This is nothing. We’ve been much closer back then.”

Taemin gulped as the scene of their old selves playing much closer than this, the image of their lips taunted flashed in Taemin’s mind and soon his breath was caught and he was about to faint.

“Taeminnie and Appa are going to kiss?”

Taemin snapped back at the question from the boy that was in his embrace, he quickly shook his head in denial and chuckled awkwardly.

“Your appa was just teasing me.”

Yoogeun pouted, “It’d be nice if you two kiss, it’d be exactly what happened in the book.”

“Wh–what? Yoogeun-ah...”

“Why is it so hard to kiss? You can just kiss like ‘smooch’ and then we will live happily ever after, right appa?”

Minho suddenly laughed at Taemin’s dumbfounded face and grabbed Yoogeun into his arms, the boy indeed talked too much when he was too happy.

“Ah–Appa! I can’t breathe!” He struggled from Minho’s tight hug.

“Why are you so cute, huh?” Minho glanced at Taemin as he kept squishing his son.

Well the elder actually addressed it for the two of them, Yoogeun and Taemin. Taemin covered his face and looked at the afar as Minho ruffled his hair.

 

 

 

After the happiness, there came sadness. Yoogeun cried ugly when they had to go back home, he was upset because first, he didn’t want to leave Taemin alone; second, because he wanted to sleep in Taemin’s arms; and third, he didn’t want his temporary happy family ended. Yoogeun kept no manner when they had their dinner because he knew they would part right after it and so he tried to buy the time by not eating his favourite cheesy pizza properly, running around and not listening to Minho well.

“Shall we have a talk, Yoogeunie?”

“No!”

“Oh? You’re going to regret it if you don’t want to,” Taemin’s nose crinkled cutely, “I have a great offer.”

Yoogeun was contemplated; he stopped running around and stared at Taemin.

“I’ll tell you once you sit in the dining table.”

Yoogeun had this bad habit of scrunching his nose, sniffing the air with his eyes shut and pretended not to listen when he disliked whatever he was dealing.

“On my laps?”

Yoogeun tilted his head and nodded. Minho really wondered how Taemin could easily won over Yoogeun’s heart every now and then, he wondered if among all of people, Taemin was the only one who was right for his Yoogeun. Yoogeun listened to him well, he did as what Taemin told him to, Taemin clearly set what’s right or wrong, good or bad for Yoogeun, and the fact that the two loved each other made Minho wondered if he should consider Taemin as a real part of his broken family.

“I know you’re upset...”

“Can’t we just stay here? Or you come with us?”

“Hmm,” Taemin glanced at Minho, “I don’t mind if you’re staying but...”

Minho raised his head to meet Taemin’s eyes.

“If only your father agrees.”

“Taemin has no extra bedroom, boy.”

“Appa can sleep on the couch.”

“No way I would.”

“Then I don’t mind sleeping on the couch,” Taemin said.

“No! I want to sleep with Taeminnie!”

“Why don’t we sleep on the bed then? The three of us,” Minho suggested.

Yoogeun’s eyes immediately sparked at his father’s suggestion while Taemin’s eyes went round and big, he was stunned at the idea, it wasn’t really a nice idea because whenever they sleep together, mostly in Minho’s bed, Taemin woke up with a very mixed of weird feeling.

“What do you say, Taeminnie?”

He looked at the boy whose eyes sparkled like stars with such big amount of hope that he would say yes, Taemin was weak against the boy but this was his feeling that he had to take care in the first place and Minho wasn’t being any of help since the latter kept messing with it when Taemin had expected nothing.

“Well I guess I’m fine?” Taemin rose a questioning answered to Minho, which then the latter smiled at his plate so gently, causing Taemin’s heart went uproar.

“Yeaahhhhhh!!” Yoogeun immediately sat on his chair and ate his food happily.

Taemin bottomed up his glass for he suddenly felt thirsty because Minho kept smiling at him, giving him soft glances and weird sappy face at him. It wasn’t something new when Taemin had sleepover in Minho’s house, he would feel quite at ease because Minho’s bed was huge so he didn’t have to be worried about having to hug his crush while sleeping, but his apartment had just enough space for himself and that meant they had to crumple up in one super single bed.

 

 

 

The every night’s ritual came too much faster than what Taemin imagined, the three of them were lying shoulder to shoulder on Taemin’s small bed. Yoogeun was perfectly fine with it, he loved it even, being in Taemin’s warm embrace always made him the happiest kid ever and with his father his back gently added more happiness to his life. He wondered if every kid in his peer felt this much love every night, if yes, then he was super jealous with them because he only got to know this kind of feeling when Taemin came into his house few nights after his mother left.

The beige colour room was dimmed in light, it smelled a lot like Taemin and Yoogeun liked it, he felt safe whenever he sniffed it. Taemin was his savior, when he thought he was about to go into deep dark hole of sadness that he believed the witch made for him, Taemin took his hand and led him into a warmer place.

He still remembered the first time Taemin tried to approach him with finger dolls and his story telling, he listened to the fairytale and watched the show that Taemin served from the creak of his bedroom door. He never let anyone inside his room since his mother left him, but he slowly opened up to Taemin and his stories.

“What are we going to read tonight?”

“Anything my Yoogeunie wants.”

My Yoogeunie,” Minho corrected.

Taemin twitched his nose and ignored Minho’s word as he held Yoogeun closer to him than his father. Minho cocked an eyebrow and scoffed.

“Yoogeunie is both appa’s and Taeminnie’s,” the boy reached out his hands for Taemin and Minho’s face to him.

Taemin gasped a little when his arm landed on Minho’s chest for he was surprised that the boy had so much strength to pull him; his face went panic. Minho chuckled at his friend’s oblivious reaction.

“You’re ours, Yoogeun-ah...” Minho said, and it was a teasing.

“S-so Rapunzel?”

“Yes!”

The warm night started with once upon a time, followed by soft voice of Taemin that stimulated Yoogeun’s imagination over the story he read, only to slowly make the boy’s eyelids heavier in each sentence towards the happy ending. Soft and steady breathing fell upon Taemin’s chest but he kept reading it. From the edge of his eyes he could see Minho smiling sweetly as he combed his son’s fluffy hair before he gave a protective good night kiss on his cheek.

A smile escaped from Taemin’s lips when he read the famous last line, he gently put aside the book and wrapped Yoogeun who was now deep in his dream world of cotton candy. Taemin took Yoogeun’s little hand and held it affectionately, he kissed those fingers carefully before he smiled at the innocent face, forgot that Minho was there watching him intently.

“Pretty,” Minho said as he breathed out a whisper.

Taemin looked up at him, unsure of what that supposed to mean or who the lucky person that got the sincere compliment was. But Minho smiled at him directly to his soul, leaving him speechless and embarrassed.

“Talk with me outside.” It wasn’t a question; it was more a demand.

The younger watched him slipped out of the bed and bedroom quietly. He didn’t know exactly what to do so he stayed there for another minute, made sure that Yoogeun was in deep sleep as he tried to withdraw his arm around the boy’s body to put him on the bed properly. But the boy clutched into his shirt tightly. He heard low chuckled from the door, apparently Minho was checking on him. Taemin then gently undo the tight grip and whispered sweet sentences like I love you and sweet dream my little Yoogeunie, until he managed to separate their hugs.

“You surely handle him well.”

Taemin scratched his hair at the compliment.

“What kind of talk we’re going to have?”

The older ruffled his hair rather gently than the usual. He watched Minho’s broad back as the older walked to the brown leather couch and patted the empty space next to him. He soon settled next to Minho while trying not to tense when Minho went closer until their shoulders brushed.

There was a pregnant silence.

“Remember last month when you visited us on the weekend?”

Taemin visited them every weekend, sometimes was just playing with Yoogeun the whole day and sometimes he stayed a little longer, so he knitted his eyebrows to think which visit the latter meant.

“You brought sausages and sleepover.”

“Ah–” Taemin remembered it, the visit when Yoogeun made them kiss before parting.

“You know what Yoogeun said to me that morning?”

“Yea–no– I mean what did he say?”

“You weren’t listening?”

“No?”

“I thought you were listening,” Minho leaned closer to examine Taemin’s face, “you were blushing back then.”

“Wh-when?”

The older wrinkled his nose and nodded, “Hmmm... Let’s just say you didn’t hear it.”

“I really didn’t.”

Minho smirked, back rested on the leather coach as he ran his hand down Taemin’s spine and rested at his lower back, making the younger stunned and cursed deep inside his head. He tapped his finger just slightly against Taemin’s waist; it was a soundless sign of lean into my arm in which Taemin had no other option but to do so. Taemin pressed his back on Minho’s side, finding comfort as much as possible because he just couldn’t resist Minho’s warmth. A deep low breath was heard behind Taemin’s ear, sending him goosebumps as the warm breath fanning over his skin.

There were times when Minho went all touchy with him, there were times when the older held his hand suddenly or offered him a hug and there were times when Minho would try to kiss him but eventually decided not to– confusing the younger because Minho often played this push and pull game with him. Minho was all about affection at one time and the next time he would treat him as cold as possible. But Lee Taemin never took it into heart because he believed that it was normal for Minho not to trust him or anybody else upon the leave of his ex-wife.

Taemin gently rested his head on Minho’s shoulder, dipping into the embrace and gave Minho the absolute right to hug– to bury his face into his hair.

“Yoogeun wants to marry you,” whispered Minho.

“He said that almost all the time.”

“He loves you.”

“I know.”

“A lot.”

“I’m sure of that.”

“He only wants you in his life.”

Taemin only smiled when he noticed that Minho’s tone was a bit more serious than he thought he would, the breath that lingered over his ear was lower and was heavier.

“I love Yoogeun too, in case you don’t believe me, hyung. I love him a lot. More than you can imagine.”

“I know,” Minho smiled and tucked the hair that lingered around Taemin’s ear carefully, “I can see that.”

“And this is what we’re going to talk about?” Taemin turned his head slightly to glance at Minho.

“Related to Yoogeun, yes.”

“Tch, you’re a fool for your son.”

“Then what are you? A fool for my son?”

Taemin snickered, “He’s adorable.”

Minho’s stare fell upon Taemin’s face a little too longer that it slowly made Taemin didn’t know where he should look or what he should do. The younger’s eyes blinked several times, hand touched Minho’s cheek to avert his gaze away from his face.

“You keep looking at me weirdly today. Stop staring like you’re going to kiss me.”

It wasn’t a funny joke that Taemin threw because the atmosphere changed after they muted for few minutes, feeling each other’s presence. Minho could feel Taemin’s nervous heartbeat on his arm, it beat so hardly until the vibration felt on the younger’s back.

“Honestly I still remember the taste of your lips.”

“Huh? Y–yah, don’t say anything weird! It was long ago!”

“I remember kissing you until our lips numb.”

“Hyung!”

“Do you love me back then?”

Taemin stoned, it was not just back then. He laughed under his breath, what a painful thing to hear–that Minho didn’t know that he loved him since the very start. He glanced over his shoulder to get himself caught in Minho’s eyes, he could faintly hear his own pulse together with the beating chest of Minho. He wanted to be selfish this one time.

“Honestly yes,” Taemin’s voice cracked just before he admitted it.

There was a questionable smile on Minho’s face that made Taemin wonders what kind of thought Minho had when he told him the truth. The eyes were soft, a glint of sadness shown; Minho looked a bit vulnerable.

“I loved you back then, Tae.”

Taemin’s heart immediately stopped, the night was particularly quiet too as if God wanted him to listen nothing but Minho’s word.

“Eyyy...” He nudged Minho’s torso with his elbow.

“I’m being serious, sillyhead.”

“You are?”

“I thought we have something but you dated that Ravi guy the next week.”

Taemin shook his head, “No way!”

“Yes way.”

“Wait–” Taemin stood on his feet and gripped his hair, if Minho loved him and he loved him in return, how could they not be together? How could nobody tell the truth? They could’ve been together all along. “Impossible.”

“What impossible?”

He stopped, fidgeting for a second before he hesitantly asked, “How about now?” Taemin stared at Minho, eyes shook a little too much; afraid that he was hoping for nothing.

Minho was now standing in front of Taemin’s messy face, lots of thoughts flashed around his brain, lots of regrets, what-ifs and we-supposed-tos. For all these years of silence, Taemin wanted nothing but to hear this kind of confession. Why only now he knew that Minho loved him too? Taemin stepped closer, hands reaching for his face but stopped amidst of it, not sure if Minho would like the touch he was planning to give so he let his arms fell to the either side of his body.

“Lee Taemin, you– perhaps...?”

The night suddenly became a lot quieter than it already had, was torturous for Taemin too, he thought he could hide it forever so he wouldn’t have to ruin anything between him and Minho but it seemed like God didn’t second his opinion this time. Minho stepped closer as Taemin took his step away, and he shook his head in denial even if he wanted to tell him that he was still in love with him until this very second and had never had anyone besides him in his heart.

The taller didn’t give him any chance to step back by grabbing his wrist and held him in place. Much to Minho’s knowledge about his Lee Taemin, he had never been a good liar and would never be good at it, it was all obvious on his face that the younger still loved him.

Now that he mentioned love, Minho noticed that there was no way someone would stay with him the entire time just to comfort him, to support him through his slump– never would he find another one like Taemin. He yelled at Taemin a lot for trying to put a spoon in his bowl of rotten rice but Taemin kept insisting until the end, staying when people didn’t have the will to reach out for him and Yoogeun. Why would he stay if it wasn’t because of love?

“Hyung–” Taemin grabbed the hem of Minho’s shirt as he toppled over the edge of the table, “Minho!”

“Sshhh... My son’s sleeping...”

Taemin gulped as he felt warm hush over his lips, hesitant fingers were on his crook and that slowly grazed over his nape, aligning their lips with a light tug. Eyes flattery closed along with a paused breathing in between the gape of their lips. Their upper lips touched per mili second before they leaned in almost at the same time. Small hitch escaped from Taemin’s lips as Minho pulled him closer to his chest while their lips connected chastely for a while. The grip on Minho’s shirt was tightened when Minho was about to pull apart –not yet, was what Taemin trying to imply with a longing whimper that Minho still vaguely remembered.

The older gently gave an affectionate on his back that send thousands of butterflies all over Taemin’s body. Minho placed another soft kisses on the younger’s lips with a smile.

“Hey...” Minho whispered.

A weak hum was heard as Taemin pulled him for a warm hug; he didn’t dare to look at him now.

“Is it just me or we still have that something?”

Taemin’s eyes widened at the sentence. He pulled away to look at Minho’s eyes only to kiss once and another one, and another one in silence.

“Hey, I know this is an absurd request– you have the right to decline–” Minho sounded a little insecure as he held both of Taemin’s hands with a light squeeze.

“Yeah?”

“Yoogeun said his happy ending includes you, and I second that. We want you in our lives, Tae. I know it sounds like I’m rushing this but actually not–since I realised that you’ve been wondering if you could be a part of us too– but we could give you time.” Minho caressed his cheek, pulling his face close until their forehead met and eyes locked.

“I could prove that I love you properly, not only because of Yoogeun. Believe me I do love you now, but I could fall deeper if you want me to... I can do that since you’re easy to fall in love with, and also, it’s not too old hoping for my own happy ending, right?”

“Well–” Taemin was just speechless, lips dried and heart stopped.

“Well? So? What do you say? Do you perhaps, want to raise Yoogeun with me?”

 

 

 

 

---

Yeay for the sequel! I keep thinking about this oneshot and I decided to post it. It's been in the draft since I finished writing Fairytale so I thought it'd be better to let everyone read about what I had in mind for the ending. Quite predictable of course but I hope you enjoy reading it!

hugs,

aqcelnicorus :D