1/2

It's always unfair

"They say that love knows no boundary. It doesn't required reasons to be in love or fall in love. When you felt it once, be happy and grab the opportunity because you never knew when it is true love that you are waiting for. Destiny.

 

We are now here gathered at this fateful day to witness the union of this lovely couple, Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun, as they start saying their vows to each other making them one." 

 

Kyungsoo can't help but to smile and be emotional as he saw his two close friends that are happily linked to each other and carefully listening to the preach of the priest that will soon announce for them to make them official as husband and husband. 

 

The serenity at sacredness of the atmosphere is felt as Kyungsoo still remembers how they met in a certain coffee shop and remember how the giant accidentally spill a left over cappuccino on his best friend's shirt making the brunette with beautiful eyeliner shriek in the action.

 

~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry, my bad. Here let me clean that up." The tall man said as he wipes the spilled coffee on Baekhyun's shirt.

 

"No, it's okay. Stop! Now you have just make it worst." Baekhyun sigh as his printed shirt is now unrecognizable. 

 

"Oh...sorry! Please don't get me fired. I..I have another shirt on my locker so let me just help you take this off and find you another one." Chanyeol now lifts Baekhyun's shirt who blush at the moment feeling the man was stripping him up in public.

 

"H...hey w....what are you d...doing?!" He stutters and Kyungsoo now helps his friend from being molested.

 

"Yah! Stop molesting Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo tries to pry the man's hand away but he doesn't have much force so he kicks him hard making him to stop and grasp his hurt leg earning an 'ouch'.

 

"What is happening there?" The young manager, Luhan now comes to the rescue and scold Chanyeol for his action but Baekhyun said it was okay.

 

 Kyungsoo just rolled an eye since he knew they always go there for the tall man since he is stalking him always. After series of 'sorry' and 'it's okay' , it was decided that the man stays for his job and a few treats for Baek and Kyungsoo for the compensation.

 

Later they found out that he was one of their classmate in History class and after few conversation, they found out they liked each other. It was not long after they started dating each other and Kyungsoo had known their love story since he always hang out with them. 

 

But after graduating for a few months, he non intentionally cuts his communication to them and since then, he have no idea what have happen to them. Just right after he went back to Seoul, he got a hint that they are actually getting married so he decided to take a look and glimpse of his friends wedding before he decided to went back again to another country.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

"In love, pride has no space because it can definitely ruin not only relationship, but also yourself. It can lead to misunderstanding and bringing up some ego that can shatter your wall of understanding. You need to eliminate that and shower each other with unconditional and untiring love." The priest continues.

 

"Yeah right." He scoff as he remember some scene in the past that triggers him to become sentimental that time. 

 

A lost memory. 

 

Buried very deep in his thought and mind. After few years of hiding, it suddenly creeps up to him.

 

The image of a certain tall tan male that makes his heart to skip a bit. His awesome dancing skills that makes him look like no flaws and his rich voice that is music to his ears when he hears the sweet nothings they have promised of. Love.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

He was back in his second semester of second year college Back by the time when Chanyeol and Baekhyun are currently dating, he is always alone at the library since he wanted to give the couple a time for each other.

 

There was a certain male approach him and ask for his assignment even they are not that close and they don't know each other at all.But Kyungsoo find it hard to resist to refuse the man, so he gladly help him. 

 

After few days, the man gradually returns and repeat his action as Kyungsoo find it weird enough since the man was always there to find him and ask for his assignment.

 

"Why don't you get a tutor yourself. That may help you more and not someone like me." He shut his book and decided to leave the library. Much to his dismay, the tanned male still follows him.

 

"Hey, I know I have been a bother but I don't have time to get one since I can't afford one." He smiles politely to please the man in front of him who roll his eyes in annoyance.

 

"And you think I'm that easy to fall for your stupid blubbering? I'm not a kid to see say you can't afford a tutor when you have your luxurious phone, jeans and shoes wearing at school. Even your clothes are branded so go away before I slam these books over your face." He threatens the male with his thick books.

 

Kyungsoo felt that the man was playing on him and he felt stupid to ever help the man from the first day. He should have known. He now makes his move towards his locker while the tanned male doesn't even move at his place.

 

After Kyungsoo is finish putting his things on his locker, he closed it and jumps when there is a face near his and he clutch his chest.

 

"Omo!! D..Don't scare me l...like that!! A..are you a stalker now or something because if you are, I can say that I knew a friend that can kill you with his hapkiddo skills. I'm warning you!!" Kyungsoo step back when the male laughs and look closer at his face. 

 

"Look at your adorable face." He said. "Have anyone ever tell you your cute? And no, I'm not a stalker. I'm just here to talk. Don't be scared, in fact, I just want us to be friends. Sorry for scaring you, my bad." He hung his head low and scratch his nape towards the other shyly and his face has a tint of red just like the other.

 

"Let's start over shall we? Hi, my name is Kai but I prefer to be called Jongin. Nice meeting you hyung!" Jongin or Kai extend his arms 

 

Kyungsoo doesn't even know how react when Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to show up. 

 

"Oh, you are already there Kyungie and hey.... Kai. What's up?" Chanyeol raised his hand for a hi-five which he gladly took.

 

"You two knew each other?" Baekhyun and Kyungsoo said in unison and the other nodded.

 

"You remember the time I want to introduce Kyungsoo to a friend of mine? Well that was Kai since I also felt sorry because I always left my best buddy along so I want to Kyungie meet him but we can't see him after school so here he is." Chanyeol grins from ear to ear and the others just sighs from his explanation.

 

"I think it is better to talk while eating. Come on, I'm starving." Baekhyun stated, with Kai offers for the free food since he was bugging Kyungsoo for more than a week now, they all go. Of course with much persuasion from the latter.

 

He found out that Kai is one of the dancer in their school and the most popular one since they have received a championship from inter high dance competition, as well as champion from the basketball club being the ace. 

 

Since Kyungsoo is always outdated and studious, it was no wonder why he doesn't even known Kai or Jongin exist or vice versa.

 

After few months of blossoming friendship, they grew fonder of each other and grew to like and be accustomed to one another making to a point that they are inseparable and help each other at times. It was their school festival when Kyungsoo felt that the attraction and bond he felt for Jongin grew more and more by each second that was suffocating him and afraid to be released since he knew Jongin was straight and his parents doesn't need want a gay son so he kept it mum.

 

After few years, he noticed that Jongin went to the blind dates that his parents give him but he never really pursue any other activities than that so he wonders about it. By the time he was itching for an answer to the other, he felt the need to pull back from him since other people may have a bad impression about Jongin. Since the other never go on a serious date, and doesn't want to speak to others other than him so he decides to give him space.

 

When Jongin realize it, it makes him wonder what could he have done and bombarded him with questions he doesn't know to answer. He keep alone by himself since their schedules are not that same anymore with them, they grew more distant. 

 

He felt his first heart break but decided it is for the best. But he knew he can never avoid Jongin on Baekhyun's birthday party and then they met. Face to face in a flesh but he knew that Jongin looks a little different now, sober with drinks and much more thinner and paler this time so he decided to talk to him.

 

"What happened hyung? W..why are you avoiding me?" Jongin said in between sobs since it was the first time again that he have saw the man. He hugs him and Kyungsoo just remain stil,smelling his scent even with the influence of alcohol.

 

"D..did I do something wrong hyung? Tell me and I will make right up to you. I'll beg for your apology just ...just say to me where did I go wrong..." he is now down at his knees crying at Kyungsoo's chest since the man have adjusted to hug him in comfort. 

 

"Sssshhh... don't speak. Nothing is wrong with you. Let me help you go back to the others." Kyungsoo doesn't even know he was crying all this time and seeing the man that he loves crying over him when he should be the one apologizing making him all guilty and felt a lot of pain on his chest.

 

"NO! I Don't want to!! Please tell me 'coz I don't know what to do anymore.... because ....you suddenly walk out of my life... leaving me hanging hyung. It hurts hyung." Jongin lifted his head and holds Kyungsoo's face to met him. He needed to know why his hyung is acting that way and Kyungsoo doesn't allow him.

 

"There is nothing wrong with you. It was me all the time." He start to confess.

 

" I can't be with you anymore since other people might find it creepy if you just talk to me every time. You didn't even have to deal and talk to other people because I felt like I'm dragging you back so I decided to distant myself and I'm sorry. I don't want to be the one dragging you down and makes anyone fun at you because you are with me." He tells him and Kai starts to hug him back.

 

"Don't be hyung... 'coz I don't care about what they say about you...me ...or us... I just know that everything that matter is all about us and us alone. Even if it is selfish for me hyung... I want to tell you something.. and I hope you listen well." Jongin looks at his eyes sincerely and Kyungsoo can't help but to nod. There are still little droplet of tears dripping on his eyes to his cheeks and Jongin brushes it away. 

 

"I... I think I'm in love with you." Just then, Kyungsoo felt the time stop, so as a skip of his heart when he heard the words from Jongin's mouth that makes him teary eyed again.

 

"I love you Soo." He say it with much affection and feelings that makes Kyungsoo cry again and cling to his chest. 

 

 "I... I'm so sorry that it took a while for me to say it but ever since I met you at the library, I haven't seen a beauty such as yours. Your eyes, nose, lips, cannot be compare to others and even there are many times women got my attention for a while or flirts with me. I still think it was much better if that is you." He rubs the other's back soothing his crying and once he calms down, even if he doesn't know how to react, he looks again to him and said.

 

"I know it is absurd but.... will you be my boyfriend?" Jongin doesn't wait for an answer for long because Kyungsoo nodded and hugs him saying yes a multiple time as they are sitting down. Jongin gave him a peck on the lips after a passionate kiss that they didn't even knew who started it . 

 

~~~~~~~~~

He was cut on his reminiscing when the couple started giving a warm and short deepen kiss before pulling and smiling to the public. 

 

There was a loud cheering and the pictorial now started and before he knew it, he saw a tanned male in a black suit wearing his best smile standing near the couple and he decided that it was time to leave before he regrets being in the event. 

 

He takes one look on the happy couple and he was satisfied by their ending unlike him and Jongin that ends up like a tragedy, he suddenly saw a beautiful woman with a child which familiar to him moving closely to Jongin which the man happily greets and hugs.

 

Krystal. 

 

The woman who married his Jongin and the one whom his parents agreed for their son's marriage. His whole world begins to shatter once again and he doesn't wanted to be the one to break, so just like what he had done in the past, he walks away again.

 

He turns around and leave the church without letting his presence known to the others but far from his dismay, a certain guy notice him and decided to follow him.

 

Once he is near the parking area, a familiar voice was heard that calls his name but he doesn't look back as a tall blond man with shades greets him and open the side of the for him. 

 

"I think that person near the church calls you." The blond handsome guy said to him as he looks back.

 

"Don't know him. Let's just go back to the hotel. I'm too tired." Kyungsoo quickly get inside and shut the door and the man follows driving them out of the venue.

 

"Kyungsoo!!! Wait up!" Jongin shouted but he was unheard by the man in the past that has returned again in his life making another decision he knew he will never back out again. 

 

"I'll definitely find you. And now, for sure I will do my best to get close to you again." He swear a promise which he meant to keep after seeing another part of his life becomes alive.  

 

He want to tell something or everything to a certain doe eyed boy about his supposedly marriage, life and all and now here is the chance he need to do after he found out that the boy is still alive after a devastating incident happened after he leaves at the day of Jongin's marriage. 

 

His life was never been the same.

~~~~~~~~

 

He was now drinking at the hotel they are occupying for a few days after his manager decided to went to their supposedly condo unit. He mindlessly watch a specific K-drama offered by the t.v. as he get himself drunk. He was too distracted by the pass to notice the presence of another man in the room.

 

"Hey! Didn't I tell you not to drink too much before your performance? You might get your voice upset, myself upset which leads to your fans upset." A blond man warns him as he shove the bottle away from Kyungsoo.

 

"Just a couple more of shot will do and I promise to sleep after these." He said in a sarcastic way and the man scoff.

 

"See?!?! I told you not to go back here but NO! You still insist and look at you now, stop being pathetic and live your life." The blonde starts to scold him and get him the glass before he pours another to drink for himself as he seats down and lean on the sofa like Kyungsoo.

 

"Yeah. What a beautiful life I have." He laughs mockingly. 

 

" At least I know they are doing good all these years. I never knew they are still the same. Except for one person hyung." He sarcastically said.

 

" I.. I can't still bear to see him happy with someone else who is not me Kris hyung. It freaking hurts. I already fulfill my dream to became singer yet I don't feel so contented." Kyungsoo bows down and rest his head on his hand supported by his knees clutching at his aching chest. 

 

"I guess my heart still knows where they belong too and never fail to remember all the pain I've experienced. " He laughs bitterly. "Too bad I will let it rest after my show."

 

Kris sooth him by letting him rest his head on his chest while calming him down.

 

"Life is always unfair as it seems. You just need to move forward to grow. Just follow the schedule and you'all be fine. I promise." Kris felt him nodded a little as he fell asleep.

 

"Soo.." He whispers... "what the hell will I gonna do to you?" he lifted the other quietly and move him over his bed. He tucks him in his bed while caressing his face. 

 

~~~~~~

"Hey there pretty boy. Why don't you enjoy the party. I don't want my best man to be sulking and drunk here." Chanyeol decided to talk over to Kai which is very distracted after the wedding. 

 

"What happened Jong? Why are you like this again?" He was concern about his best friend since it was long ago since he saw him in this state. 

 

"It's him. I saw him at the church. I saw Kyungsoo hyung." He suddenly exclaim making Chanyeol widens his eyes in disbelieve. 

 

"B..but how? We haven't have any news about him after the accident on his family, including him. They said he was dead." Chanyeol can't believe it.

 

"But I saw him with my own eyes. Right after I hug Krystal and her son. He turns away." He explains. Before Chanyeol say something, Luhan and Baekhyun comes to them with shock faces like they saw a ghost.

 

"You guys can't believe what I saw." Luhan said holding a picture on his hand and throwing it to them.

 

"What is it?" Chanyeol doesn't know what is something on the picture but he now saw something in the background which is familiar to him and widens his eyes.

 

"I...is that Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asks in shock and the two clarifies it.

 

"Where did you find that?" Kai suddenly grabs Luhan's collar and the peach hair man blinks. After a tap on his hand, Kai calms down and he speaks in clarity.

 

"That was my cousin, Kris. You see he goes loco for this handsome man which is his acquaintance turn to be boyfriend while shooting a film in the Canada. The man was filthy rich and a celeb and now, what caught my attention was a certain doe eyed male who looks like Kyungie here and from what he have said, he is a solo artist that went to a tour here." He points the side image of Kyungsoo looking through a window stall.

 

"That is hell Kyungsoo alright. He is alive. Thank goodness!" Baekhyun cheers and hugs his husband.

 

"Yeah, Jongin also says here that he saw him at our wedding in the church. Can you believe that?" Chanyeol kissed his forehead in affection.

 

"So what do we do know?" Baekhyun asks to them and Sehun gladly hears it. The poker face tall boyfriend of Luhan butts in.

 

"Hey, I thought you should be in your honeymoon phase right now." He state to them.

 

"That can wait but Kyungie can't. So where can we find him?" Baekhyun hugs his husband closer. 

 

Luhan seriously looks at them as they huddle together. 

 

"Okay, so Kyungsoo goes in the name D.O now and he have a special solo concert here. He will be performing in this coming two days. Luckily, Kris gave me a VIP ticket since the VIP is already sold out. He also give me a free backstage pass can't you believe it?" He squeak on his boyfriend's arm.

 

"Really? Good, why don't you give that pass to us while you lovebirds play around?" Baekhyun smiles to Luhan who blinks in confusion. 

 

"No way!!! I promised my cousin already but I can ask him to let you guys join us since they are throwing a welcome party tomorrow at a bar and maybe you can guys come with me." Luhan generously said and they both all agreed. 

 

After the reception and the party ended, Sehun and Luhan went home with the sober Kai that us totally wobbly and like a mess. At the apartment that Kai and Sehun shared, they placed the drunk man in his bedroom after a series of struggling and tripping because he sure is heavy for the two friends that he have. When they have secured the drunken man, Luhan bids goodbye to his boyfriend after a peck on the cheeks then wave goodbye to his man and leave. Sehun knew that tomorrow will be another tough day for him considering he will comfort his sober best friend that misses the doe eyed male.

 

"What happen to you hyung?" He looks at a certain picture that their group once took back in their college days before going to bed but he can still hear Kai still asking for forgiveness to a certain man that has come back after three years.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

A week after the proposal of their engagement, Kai decided to introduce Kyungsoo to his parents as a lover and not a best friend during dinner. 

 

Clearly, the two are nervous about the confession especially Kyungsoo since it also took him courage to agree and promise his boyfriend a dinner with them. 

 

"Um... can I say something?" Kai suddenly clears his throat and caught the attention of his parents and two sisters. 

"I...I decided to get married after my graduation." Kai simply stated earning a shock state from his family and a nervous boyfriend. His father was the first one to recover by clearing his throat and put his utensil aside.

 

"That seems to be fast. Well, it's up to you to decide though, although we didn't see you hanging around with a girl before and I though you were gay but good thing my doubts aren't right." He chuckles and didn't saw a nervous laugh from the two men. His sisters also formed a knowing look since he already told them about his preference and give their approval to Kyungsoo who started fidgeting his hands below the table.

 

"So, why all of a sudden plan?" His mom was smiling to him and he hope he will not stutter. 

 

"Because I already proposed to him and I really want your blessings ....." Jongin was interrupted by a forceful slam of hands at the table making all of them flinching in fear.

 

"Did you just said HIM? Am I hearing things clear young man?" His dad raised his tone and didn't let his son finish his explanation. 

 

"Y..yes dad... it's 'him' and not a 'her'." Kai stutters a little bit trying to hide the evident fear that he might show in front of his lover.

 

"Nonsense!!! Are you saying that you are gay? You are picking a man instead of a girl. What will the others will say if they found out that you are a gay? You're suppose to be married to a girl and not a man who cannot even bear a child." Mr. Kim grits his teeth at him.

 

"But I don't love girls!! And it doesn't matter what people will say because the heck I care for their gossip and bull!" Jongin bursted out when he saw Kyungsoo paled for a bit.

 

"Jongin!!" His mothers said trying to calm him down.

 

"See? You even shout in front of us and your friend even dinner. What kind of manner you have for protecting your stupid hormones. You know you should and will marry a woman since you will be the heir of our company. You even knew that your fiancee is already here in the country right? You should start meeting her this week to prepare for your engagement." 

 

Kyungsoo was shock when he heard what Mr. Kim had announced. He even looks at Jongin that shows no evident of shock but instead, he keep his usual stoic face. Does it means that Jongin also knew about the fix marriage and didn't tell him?

 

"I already told you guys I'm not going to that arrange marriage you have set up with. That is for your happiness and not mine." Jongin started to shout and Mr. Kim suddenly stands up and stomp his hands on the table over his stubborn son. 

 

"I don't give another word about this and if you do insist your stupid lover, then I will not hesitate to disown my own son." He spats venom over his words making them all gasp in shock. 

 

"You didn't mean that dad!" One of Jongin sister said while looking at the couple beside her.

 

"I mean every word I said and that is up to this young man here to keep it on his mind since I don't know what kind of thing his gay lover fed him to make him go crazy to for him." He replied.

 

"You don't even had the idea who he is and yet you just...." Jongin start to let his anger out when Kyungsoo stands up and makes him look at him.

 

"I...I t..think I s..should go..... T .thanks for the meal Mr and Mrs. Kim." 

 

Kyungsoo suddenly bows down and make a quick turn before heading out of the door without a reply from the others. He can't bare to see his love of his life fight with his family. More or less, makes him swallow the words of his homophobic father about Kai and himself.

 

 Jongin follows him and catch him once he is on the road to the bus stop since he argue first with his father before proceeding to catch the smaller male.

 

"KYUNGSOO!!!" Jongin shouts at him and back hug him like he really depend on him.

 

"Soo, I know what you are thinking but we can still fix this up. I promise to--" 

 

"Jongin, stop!" Kyungsoo stops him, turn around and look at him straight into the eye with tears evident, ready to fall any time.

 

"There's no need to explain to me anymore. I..I know from the start that it's.. complicated and wrong. I think it is best for us to wrap this thing up and stop this craziness." Kyungsoo keep his voice straight and unwavering as much as he could but the evident tears falling from the side of his eyes is the proof that he doesn't want it to end also but it seems that his fairy tale needs to end it now.

 

" Let's break up." 

 

There was a huge silence as Kyungsoo has to muffle his sobs trying to push the tanned male away from him.

 

"NO! You're kidding right?I don't want too and I know you also don't want that to happen!" Jongin is now crying and hold Kyungsoo's shoulders and rested his head to the others chest while sobbing.

 

"P...p..please hyung...Say...say you di...didn't mean it...say you're only kidding. Please hyung!! I'm begging you." He cries harder and now Kyungsoo can't help but too look down and held one of his arms on Jongin's head, caressing it while the other is holding his sob. 

 

There was a strong tug and clench around his heart. A feeling it was being ripped into two which he plasticated with a sarcastic smile. 

 

"N...no. I mean it. We're done Jongin. I'm sorry. It's for the best. We also knew that your parents will not approve it, thank you for trying." Kyungsoo was dead serious to end it right now but the other is persistent so he pull Jongin's hand from his grip until he fall down on his knees.

 

"This is unfair hyung. It hurts so much.. Why is it every time we grew this close we are being separated again? It hurt so much and it seems that you didn't care about it anymore." He sobs looking down.

 

"Everything is unfair from the start Jongin. You think you are the only thing that is hurt here? And the one who didn't care?" Kyungsoo's voice raises a tone making Jongin look up to him. 

 

Kyungsoo's eyes is now red like his and eye brows are furrowed.

 

"How about me Jongin? You think it is easy for me to choose or say this? That you are the only one who is doing something or sacrificing on these relationship?It's for your good and you didn't even dare to tell me that you are already engage until today. So from the start it is all wrong." He fist his hand and point it to Jongin before he clasp his hair in frustration.

 

Clearly the other male can't find suitable words to explain about the engagement thing to the other. He is quickly thinking away to defend himself before he speaks.

 

"But that is not I want, that is what they want and not me! Please maybe..." 

 

"No. My decision is final and we are done. Goodbye Jongin. I hope we can .....still be...friends..... Take care!" Kyungsoo turns around because he knew that if he saw Jongin's face more he might do something insane and make the other turn against his parent's wish.

 

Jongin can't help but to look at the retreating figure. He knows that he have hurt the other by his secrets and he also dared to push his luck but ended up being beaten at the end. 

 

It is true that he is not the only one being hurt and true that he doesn't know the sacrifices that Kyungsoo also have done since he still as secretive as ever. 

 

After that event of departure, they tried to avoid each other next day as Kyungsoo tried to leave in separate ways but their fate is still destined because on their preparation on school festival, their path crossed and making them close again. 

 

They have decided by gones be by gones, of course, bitterness when Jongin's fiancee decided to appear make Kyungsoo their wedding singer since the doe eyed male is close to him as a childhood friend. At first they are awkward, but they also learn to be close along the way even there was bitterness on Kyungsoo's side, he manage to suppress it for both of them.

 

There was this uneasiness at first to Kyungsoo and Jongin but that is just the evident of their love for each other. Every time Jongin smiles and laugh with Krystal, he can't help but to feel a strong pang on his heart that still hurts every time they see the couple together but he kept it aside. Especially when the day of the wedding has been announced. 

 

The news broke that Krystal has been pregnant is enough to crash his heart in to two. It was so hard to believe that Jongin is the father that their parents decided to fix the wedding day before the graduation so in the end, after few push and pull. They have arrange the marriage in the mid December. Even if it is hard for Jongin to explain himself for his family or Kyungsoo, the other just shut him out of his world.

 

"You don't need to explain anything. I am just a nobody so don't make yourself feel guilty about anything." Kyungsoo's voice seems dead to Jongin when he turns his back from him.

 

"Soo.... please don't say that. It breaks my heart whenever I see you mak---"

 

"It doesn't matter anyways. I was never yours and so am I to you. Just make her the happiest girl and that...will also make me too." The smaller male said before drifting away from Kai's view.

 

For Kyungsoo, the marriage was a lot of reason why he didn't want to attend to but the request from Krystal to be their wedding singer makes his heart crush into dust. Jongin doesn't even push Kyungsoo to the stupid request but the latter insist because he knew that when he promised, he never breaks it. He also remember what he said to him.

 

"It is also a way to see you happy at last. So let me do it. Maybe it is a time for me to move on after I see you happy at your wedding. That means a lot to me. Don't worry." Kyungsoo speak to Kai for the last time.

 

Kai wanted Kyungsoo to protest but he knew how stubborn Kyungsoo is and the more that he will push his luck too. But, at the back in the mind of Kyungsoo's .. these words kept saying,

 

I will just imagine that.... 

 

Every vow you will say will be mine...

 

The happiness that you will display is meant for me ...

 

The ring you will wear to her is mine ....

 

The kiss that you will share will be the last kiss that will remind me of how we use to be back then...and just then, it will be my time to move on.

 

It was during the wedding day right after Kyungsoo start to get ready for the wedding with his best friend Baekhyun still persuade him to ditch the wedding to at least, save his broken heart but he just receives a big warm smile and hug saying he is okay. By the time they reach the door, a series of knocks decided to bombard them and when he open the door, a shocking news came to him. 

 

His parents and only brother have a car accident that has been taken in the hospital for a day and he needs to be with them right away. The messenger doesn't give any details about it and said that he needs to pack his things and ready for the flight that will be on the next two hours and waits at the airport. 

 

Instantly, Kyungsoo gathers up his things he needed for the sudden visit with the help of Baekhyun since the other cannot think clear at that moment and time. He also called for his boyfriend Chanyeol to pick them up and drive them to the airport since they still have two hours before the wedding.

 

"Are you sure Chen can replace me instead?" Kyungsoo nervously asks Baekhyun who is biting his fingers in nervousness at the back seat.

 

"Relax Soo. He knew it already and you two have been practicing if ever you will not sing on the wedding day." Baekhyun who is in the passenger seat looks back and tap him on his thigh.

 

"Besides, if Kai ever ask where you went, we will be the one who will inform him. Well, after the party just like what you say. Besides, it is an important family matter that is why you are called immediately. He'll understand it. I guess.." Chanyeol said when he saw the guilt and doubt in the others eyes.  

 

"Yah!! Of course he'll understand it!! It's Kyungsoo's priority of course." Baekhyun slaps his boyfriend's arm.

 

"Ouch! Of course, I knew that!" Chanyeol whines and look towards the road. He took the fastest way to the airport. 

 

At the airport, they are just in time an hour before the flight with his so called assistant on the side. Since the DO's have enough wealth and connection, they are known not only in the country of Korea but also in the states. It has been his parents wish to be with their son but Kyungsoo is persistent on staying in Korea since he was with Jongin. A fact that only Baekhyun knows, all about the sacrifices and hardship his been through. 

 

He was the shelter of the doe eyed male in terms of hardship and sweetness the couple spent. Especially when Kyungsoo was heartbroken after the failed proposal, Baekhyun can't even imagine how to get the male into his sense right after he refuses to eat and go out of his room. Much more to his concern is when Kyungsoo even attempt suicide when he saw Jongin together with Krystal and knew they are to be wed with a request that he will be the wedding singer. He always ends up with red puffy eyes demanding to be save from the hurt, squeezing and tightening feeling in his chest to ease.

 

 Man, he was so sure that if Kyungsoo doesn't go to a hospital or mental institution, he will be the first one followed by him. 

 

"You're gonna be okay, right?" Baekhyun asks his best friend after a tight warmful hug. 

 

"Yes. I will." The other replied with a tight hug to his two best friends.

 

"Remember to call us when you are in the states. Be sure to keep us update every single time." Chanyeol reminded him, half serious, half joking.

 

"Yeah... and I'll be sure to bombard you with messages every now and then until you cannot do that lovey dovey thingy." Kyungsoo replied with a smirk.

 

Before the other can reply, there was an announcement of the next flight and that was the cue of the assistant to come closer.

 

"I'll miss you!!!" Baekhyun whines.

 

"I'll be there just for a week or so Baek. Don't worry, i'll keep in touch." Kyungsoo assures them and he waved goodbye before he left off. Then, the two hurried to attend the wedding of their other friend. 

 

 Later they knew that, that was the last time they will saw the other.

 

 After the party, there was a news reported on the t.v. in the hallway, even before Kai and Krystal ask where Kyungsoo is that made them speechless like a bomb was drop.

 

'Breaking news: A known rich family known to the public, The Do's which are Mr. Jungsoo, Mrs. Eunji and their oldest son Seungsoo have been involved on a car accident yesterday which has been in the ICU for hours on arrival by the hospital which they have taken care of.

 

The parents has been declared dead on arrival and after few hours, the eldest son was declared dead during the operation.

 

 The news was delivered to their youngest son Do Kyungsoo that immediately book a flight to the states for the funeral. It was later then found that the car that he was riding upon arrival have a problem that crashes with another car before spinning off and throwing into the river where the car and the body of the driver were found.

 

The research party declared that it was due to the slippery road that is present and the quick rushing of the river makes it hard for them to find the body of the young boy. Who knew that the boy who went to visit his parents and brother's funeral ended up attending his own?

 

As for their shares and stocks, it will be handed off to......'

 

They decided not to listen anymore to the news because the group ended up crying after the news. Baekhyun ended up fainting from the news as Chanyeol tend his unconscious boyfriend that didn't know what to do while Jongin, slump down the floor, unbelieving what have just happen to his ex lover and Krystal crying on his back, joining him on the floor.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

They all can't believe that after three years, Kyungsoo had come back. They all hope and prayed that the other was still alive and when they started to accept the fact, slight for Jongin, they will meet the other again and reunite with their old buddy. They sure have a lot to catch up with lots of story to share and be heard. 

 

If the latter only knew what really happened during his absence, he would rather stay and if only Chanyeol and Baekhyun tried their best to persuade the younger to stay first and prepare, the accident wouldn't happen. There are so many if's that they wish they did but right now, the real question is what happened to Kyungsoo after the accident.

 

They sure wants to know more about the said male while they prepare and plans on how to get in touch of their former friend after a long time.

 

~~~~~~~

How was it? I tried to write an angsty one... although I not sure how it will end... see you after I came up with something good. 

 

:3