FINAL

I Can't Wait For Afterschool

* SUNDAY BEFORE SCHOOL* 

JinSae's Side Of The Story   

"! Where's my money?! I need more beer! You never do anything in the house! You don't deserve a family!" 

There goes my dad again, yelling at me and calling me unworthy. Why can't I just die already? Everyone hates me anyways. 

"If I don't deserve a family, why did you marry mom in the first place? You're the reason mom's dead! And even if I had money, I would never give it to you, you ing bastard!" 

"What did you call me? You unworthy , come here!" 

 He picks me up and drags me by my hair to what I call hell. Everyday, he'll  torture me there, whipping me, whacking me, and sometimes to a point, cut me. And everyday, I wonder to myself if I'm meant to be in this world. He does this to me everyday,  but never to a point  that it'll kill me. Why? I don't know. All I know is that tomorrow,  everyone is going to see my cuts and bruises. The last thing I want is for everyone to see me like this and call me a freak, especially Hyuk. 

 

Hyuk's Side Of The Story 

The guys and I decided to go to the arcade this afternoon. As we all went to get ready to head out, I couldn't help but wonder,  is she okay? I think of her everyday,  wondering to myself if she still had to go through all that torture. While I was thinking, HongBin  interrupted my thoughts.  

"Thinking about her again? Why don't you just confess to her already!?" 

Of course, the guys know. They're my hyungs! I could never lie to them, let alone keep a secret from them.  

"It's because... I'm afraid she'll reject me because of our status. I mean, she knows that she's known as a freak. She wouldn't dare date a popular guy because of her status since she's afraid of being bullied more than she already is." 

"That's no excuse! You're going to confess tomorrow no matter what. We'll  help!  

"But-" 

"Hyungs! Help me think of an idea of how Hyuk  can confess to JinSae!" 

At that moment, 4 other guys can running in and piling into my shared room with HongBin. 

"You're finally going to confess?"  

"Good job!" 

"You guys will be the cutest couple ever!" 

There was lots of shouts of happiness in the room. 

"Hyungs! I probably don't have a choice  but to confess now because of someone," I turned to glare at HongBin hyung who gave a grin," but I don't even know when to confess to her tomorrow!" 

"Tomorrow after school after school! That's when she's usually alone. It'll be the best time to confess!" Ravi hyung exclaimed. 

"...Ok...Thanks hyung....." I in told him while I thought *Great. Now I'll have to confess tomorrow because I know that hyungs are going to drag me to her and then leave me alone to confess!* 

"Ok. Now that that's all settled, let's go to the arcade!" Ken yelled, dragging Hakyeon with him. We all followed along, and as I was following, I could help but think to myself, how am I going to confess, let alone talk to her in  person? 

 

*NEXT DAY* 

 

JinSae's  POV   

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I quickly got out of bed so I could leave the house earlier than usual, to get away from the crazy man. I took a quick shower and put on my uniform, along with some makeup to cover the bruises up a little. After doing that, I quickly unlock my drawer and takeout some cash for later. Then I quickly put the cash back, not forgetting to lock the drawer again. No way am I going to let him take my money. I quickly grabbed my jacket and slipped on my shoes, leaving the house right after. 

I stopped by a cafe nearby school and bought a sandwich and something to drink. I put my sandwich in my backpack and enjoy my drink on the way to school. 

 Just before I entered school, I took a deep breath to brace myself for what's to come.  

Hwaiting JinSae. They're just saying that stuff to make you feel bad.  

I walked through the entrance of the school, heading inside the school, but not without hearing some whispers around me.  

"Oh my. What happen to her?" 

"She looks like she's in a lot of pain." 

" It's probably  her dad. Everyone knows how abusive he is," the queenka answered loudly. She's the reason I get bullied by others, Shin MinJi. 

That definitely  caught everyone's attention. Hopefully, VIXX  isn't  here yet. 

I quickly  look around the  premises  to see who was there. As I did, my body went rigid, and my eyes widened. VIXX was standing at the very front of the circle, with the same wide eyes,and jaws dropped. 

This is not how I wanted to start my morning. 

I quickly turn around and walked to my locker before heading to my frost class, English, but not without hearing murmurs circulating around me. 

"Ew. She's so beat up." 

"I wonder if her dad was beating her up again." 

I quickly grabbed my English books as soon as I got to my locker and headed off to class, trying to ignore all those comments. They do this so much. It's like, every single day when I show up with bruises. 

I walked into class, not surprised that I was the first one. I took out my phone, along with my earbuds, and plugged them into my ears, playing the Chinese version of "Breath," that is sung by Chen and Zhang LiYin. I propped my head on my had, closing my  eyes and humming to the song. Halfway through the song, I felt someone poking my arm. I opened my eyes to see Vixx standing in front of me, specifically Hyuk. 

My cheeks turned into a bright shade of pink and asked, "Yes, Hyuk-sshi. Is there something you need?" 
"Uhm," he turned back to Vixx, who looked as if they were trying to encourage him to do whatever he was going to do, "are you okay?" 
"Uh... Yea... I am. Thank you for asking, but that isn't the real reason you're in front of me right?" I asked. 

"No. I was actually wondering if you were free today after school." 
"Yes I am. Why?" 
""Because I'd like to know if you would like to go on a date with me." 
My eyes widened as his words. Did he just ask me out on a date? 

 

 

Hyuk's  POV 

As the hyungs and I walked down the school this morning, I noticed that people were gathering around someone. 

I wonder who it is. 

As we were walking pass, we heard some murmurs here and there, followed by a loud voice, "It's probably her dad. Everyone knows how abusive he is." 
JinSae! My eyes widened and I quickly pushed passes everyone, the rest of Vixx calling me and following me. 

We quickly made it to the front of the crowd and the moment we saw her, our jaws dropped and eyes went wide. 

She turned and saw us too, quickly turning back around and walked into the school. 

"Oh my gosh. What happened to her?" Ravi hyung asked. 
"It was probably her dad again. Hyuk, you okay?" Taekwoon hyung answered Ravi then asked me. 

"I need to find her. I need to know if she's okay." 

"Good time to ask her on a date too!" 

I turned around, giving a glare at Ken, while he was looking at me innocently. 

"What?" 

I decided to ignore him and headed straight to English class, and saw Jinsae sitting in her seat peacefully, but with all the cuts and bruises that were visible, it stated otherwise. 

I walked up to her and poked her in the arm. She looked up and when she saw me, her cheeks became a tinted shade of pink. Cute. 

"Yes, Hyuk-ssi? Is there something you need?" Her question interrupted my thought. 

"Uhm..." I turned around, looking at the others or some help, but all they did was smile. Ugh they are so useless. I turned ack around and asked JinSae, "Are you okay?" 
She quickly answered yes and I let out a sigh of relief, only to be interrupted again by her,"but that's not the real reason you're here, right?" 
"Well, not exactly. I  was wondering if you're free afterschool." 
"I should be. Why?" 
I smiled before answering,"because I would like to know if you're willing to go on a date with me." 
Right when I said that, I noticed her eyes had widened and I mentally freaked out. What if she says no?  Does she think it's a bet?. So many thought were going through my head I didn’t really pay attention until I heard a silent,"Sure. Why not?" 
I quickly shot my head back up."Wait. Did you just say yes?" 
"Yes. And I'm not saying it again. Besides, it's better if I stayed away from home for a while." 

I had a huge grin when I heard her say that. My heart was beating so fast and I had butterflies in my stomach. 

She gave me a nod and then the bell rang, indicating that class was about to start. I walked into my seat, the rest of my hyungs, tagging along behind me, teasing me about the girl until the teacher came in and told us to quiet down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I can’t wait for after school...