Jungkook Wouldn't Admit It

Jungkook Wouldn't Admit It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2, 718 words ahead.

 

I

Jimin is pouting obnoxiously under his cup of hot chocolate that Taehyung thinks he'll end up whacking his best friend's mouth in annoyance any second now. He's been dealing with the sulking Jimin for over half an hour past in midnight – when they should be snuggling their bed and pillows, dreaming about rainbows and unicorns by the time but he can't resist Jimin's request to stay with him for a while – and it's getting tiring. He's expecting something from the boy’s request; he wants to play with Jimin but the said boy is so emo to even give his antics an attention. And now, he's slowly getting pissed because of it.

"Aren't you tired of pouting, Jiminnie? Because you’re an eyesore now," he said, squinting at the guy in front of him who only pouts deeper and Taehyung rolls his eyes so hard he had a short hello with his brain.

"Taetae," Jimin calls, voice small as he shifts on his seat to face the boy on his right, nearly knocking their knees at the very short distance.

Taehyung didn't answer; lips pursed as he looked into Jimin's eyes to find something and waits for the boy to continue. He watched how Jimin's long lashes flutter over his cute eyes, shading the apple of his cheeks every time he blinks.

Jimin can feel Taehyung's eyes on his face, watching him as subtle blush of pink slowly crawls under the skin of his face to his ears and neck. His hold on his cup tightens, thinking of how to start his rant.

He sighed, bringing the cup in his lips and sip before looking up to the boy in front of him who's still patiently waiting for him to talk. He settled the cup on the dining table and placed his cute chubby hands on his lap.

"Jungkook..." he started, earning furrowed brows from Taehyung and sighing again before continuing with, "...I think he hates me." Finishing with voice almost like a whisper and tearing his eyes from Taehyung's confused one to look down at his fidgeting fingers resting on the material of his sweatpants.

They should be sleeping now. All the members – except the two of them – are already in deep slumber after their long day in the practice room. He knows that Taehyung is tired and needs to get some sleep, and Jimin feels guilty from taking his best friend's relaxing time just to listen to his nonsense.

But he can't help it; he needs someone to talk to because it's getting too stressful for him to shoulder it all alone. He needed Taehyung and he knows that the boy is willing to lend him an ear anytime he asks for it. They’re best friends after all.

It took a long minute of silence before Taehyung reached for Jimin's hands, squeezing it lightly under his huge ones to get the other's full attention. And it works when Jimin looked up at him with eyes embraced with a little sadness.

It's actually funny for Taehyung to see his best friend getting so worked up with the maknae's attitude towards him; but the members – all of them – we're actually quiet used with Jungkook's cheekiness and the way he treated his hyungs, especially Jimin.

But now, he can't bring himself to laugh his out in front of his best friend because he knows Jimin is serious with winning the maknae's attention and it's almost stressing for him too to witness how Jungkook dismisses Jimin's presence so easily without batting an eyelash. And his heart sinks just by seeing Jimin's wide smiles falter just every time.

He carefully tugged Jimin on his body, hugging the other tightly and giving his back a light pat. He feels Jimin sighs on the crook of his neck, hugging him back with the same tightness as they remained silent for a couple of minute. He give Jimin's temple light kisses, brushing his lips against the soft black locks and whispers, it’s okay. Just don't give up. Don't worry 'cause Jungkook doesn't hate you and hugging the dancer even tighter – if that's even possible – squeezing the other’s body onto his. When Jimin started whining on his skin in between I can’t breathe and when did you become mature. Laughing lightly as Jimin started saying incoherent words that are all muffled by the material of his shirt.

And his soft laughs came into a halt as he saw a person from the corner of his eyes, followed by the maknae line shared room's door shut.

"What's wrong, Taetae?" Jimin pulls back, staring at Taehyung's blank face in front of him.

He followed the latter's line of sight, finding he's staring at their room. And thinking that his best friend might be sleepy already to stay with him longer, he rose from the dining chair and dragged Taehyung by the hand to silently enter the pitch dark room, not wanting to make any noise to disturb their sleeping maknae.

 

II

“Jeon Jungkookie!” Jimin shouted; half-running towards the younger’s general direction with cameraman in tow.

The maknae didn’t react with the nickname, though, gritting his teeth to suppress the smile trying to tug the corner of his lips with Jimin’s fluffiness at the very moment; only looking up to acknowledge the other’s presence because they were being filmed and he has to be civil.

Civil.

Yeah, civil.

Damn.

“Do you want me to give you a kiss?” Jimin asked sheepishly and Jungkook’s heart does a somersault inside his chest when the elder suddenly hugged him to pull him into a mocked action of kiss.

His body instinctively moved backward a little, moving his face away from Jimin’s plump pink lips that’s cutely pouting in his very front.

.

And if it’s not for their current situation and the fact that’s brighter than the sun that Jimin is only playing, he’ll probably lean forward and meet the elder’s li—

Wait. What? What am I thinking? Shaking his head mentally as he pushed the elder from him; harsher than he had intended that Jimin’s back loudly slammed on the opposite wall.

His eyes went as big as saucer, feeling the pang that hammered his chest, blood rushing to his head with panic and mile a minute heartbeats ringing in his ears when he saw the subtle pained expression crossed his hyung’s face.

Quickly moving his feet towards the other, he pulled Jimin into a hug and patted the elder’s back twice before holding the latter at arm’s length only to see Jimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter