10PM

Nightly Dip

“Why are they here again?” The annoyance in her voice was evident even in her hushed tone, Soojung sighs at the two who trailed right after her and Jinri. Not that she hated them, they all are good friends, but when Seulgi called her up, she thought it was going to be a girls night out kind of thing. Besides, she didn’t want the two hormonal guys with them, no matter how close they are, boys will be boys, Soojung thinks—no scratch that, Soojung knows. The said annoying boys only chuckled—along with the rest of the girls, already used to Soojung’s mood swings, but the glare the girl shoots towards them still sent shivers down their spine.

“We’re here to keep you all safe!” Sehun slings an arm around Soojung’s shoulder, which she only shrugs off in annoyance. This didn’t stop Sehun, he slings his arm on her shoulder again and, “There’s no way we’re missing something this great…right, Jongin?” He grins at the girl who only huffs, the frown on her lips turns upside down (slowly but surely) as Jongin joins Sehun, he too slings his arm on her shoulder, teasingly putting more weight on her than usual. “Yeah, besides it’s been a while, huh?” His deep voice rumbled in his chest, he then sends the now smiling Soojung his own warm smile. “Seriously guys, stop teasing Soojungie and stop hogging her.” Jinri whines, too cutely in purpose to have the guys wince and even Soojung who now pushes the two off her and walks closer to Jinri, clinging on her arm. The four were now heading to where Seulgi asked to meet her, Soojung was leading the way because she knew exactly where. Soojung thought Seulgi lost a screw when she called her an hour ago going on about wanting to swim and of course asking her if she knew a place that maybe they could sneak into, to swim for free.

That idea was so unlike Seulgi, their bear who was never the rebellious type—never that kind of rebellious type. But nonetheless she agreed since, like what Jongin’s said, it’s been too long since they all hung out and tonight was perfect. As for the boys trailing right behind her and Jinri, the two snuck out of their dorm as quickly as possible before their leader catches them and forbids them to go out. Their leader, Joonmyun will probably be against the idea of going out for a swim that night, even more if he discovers that the two were going with girls. He’ll say things like, “Wouldn’t that be weird? And dangerous.” To which Sehun and Jongin will reply, “Hyung, it’s only weird if you make it weird.” with their matching mischievous smiles. And that would usually end the conversation, but the two didn’t feel like agitating their leader tonight and just wanted to sneak out, completely disregarding how mad (mostly our of worry and care) their leader will be if he finds out what they were doing the whole night…and probably morning.