Black Day

Black Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Black day

 

    Soyeon shouted “Coming!” and ran up to get the door as the familiar melody of the doorbell rang. She was holding the kitchen clothe that she used to wipe the dinning table, she wore a cute white-laced apron with her shoulder-length hair tied up in a bun. 

 

    The fresh out side breeze followed Hyomin, who lives in the next building, into the house as Soyeon opened the door for her. She wearing a pink jacket that looked to hot for this month with gray socks and a black Adidas slipper that had three white lines on them. Soyeon clicked her tongue at Hyomin’s pathetic look and stepped aside for Hyomin to come in.

 

    “It smells great!” Quickly kicking her slippers off, Hyomin rushed into the kitchen then started sniffing and jumping around like a stupid puppy. 

 

    “You should be more careful.” Soyeon sighed as she watched Hyomin. No wonder she’s still single. Soyeon thought to her self knowing that Hyomin would counter by saying “ Your single too, Unnie!” 

 

    As you see both Soyeon and Hyomin were solos, meaning they had no boyfriend nor girlfrend. And to make matters worse, it was April 14th, also know as Black Day. Since there were holidays such as, Valentine’s Day, White Day, and Pepero Day that were all for couples to enjoy and waste their money, they even decided to make a day for singles. Even the name was dark and gloomy called ‘Black Day’. Usually, Hyomin and Soyeon would talk about all those days that had some kind of snack or candy company’s name in front of the day. However, they were unable to talk bad about Black Day. Because among all those days for couples Black Day was the only day for solos. Even though it meant ‘Dear solos, since you guys can’t find a soulmate during normal days we’ll give you this special day to find one, so stop complaining.’ This was a good excuse to go out and meet friends.

 

    “Go to the table” Soyeon led Hyomin to the dinning table as she took Hyomin’s jacket. Hyomin was wearing a shirt with all kinds of weird phrases written that made Soyeon dizzy. Hyomin said a short “Thank you” as she picked out two chopsticks. Just as Hyomin sat down Soyeon brought the pot that was steaming.

 

    “Woohoo!” due to Hyomin’s chanting and clapping Soyeon feeling like a master chef, she put the pot in the the center of the table. With the best reactions as alway, huh? This is why I play along. Soyeon thought to her self. Feeling very confident Soyeon lifted up the lid releasing more steam into the air. In the pot was black, curly, noodles called “Jjapageti”.

 

    “Um~~ Smell~” Hyomin said playfuly rubbing her hands together. Watching this made Soyeon think to her self again What a low class... thats why you don’t have a boyfriend. Well yes, currently their both in the same solo situation, and Hyomin’s not that bad although she may be abit dorky and stupid, of course only if you were defending you’d say this.

 

    “Jal mok ges sub nida~”

 

    Hearing Hyomin’s big thank you, Soyeon felt proud, At least she’s respectful. Soyeon grabbed a large amount of noodles with her chopsticks and them in with a large slurp. She was starving since 10 when she just woke up by a call from Hyomin who wanted to eat lunch together.

    The noodle didn’t go straight into Soyeon’s mouth, instead it dangled around causing black sauce droplets flying to Soyeon’s apron.

 

    “Yah! I just got this yesterday!”

 

    Who said to wear white while eating jja hang myeon? And who buys a WHITE apron? My, my. Hyomin sighed quietly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter