Thirst

Thirst

By the time Taemin drags himself away from the club and finally makes it back to the abandoned house he calls home, Key is waiting for him. He’s sitting in the living room, his silhouette blending in with the darkness surrounding him, not making a sound. He’s so quiet, sitting there in the only armchair that is still usable, that Taemin doesn’t notice him immediately when he bursts through the front door, at the red that still clung to his mouth.

“Taemin,” Taemin jumps when Key’s voice finally cuts through the silence “Come.”

Taemin’s expression is immediately dogged, feet dragging behind him. He’s very familiar with that tone of voice and he recognizes immediately that he is in trouble. It had been quite some time since he had heard Key speak to him in that way. As time had passed and Taemin grew more experienced in the ways of the undead, the need for his master’s interference had become noticeably less frequent. Now that Taemin was finally exiting his adolescence, he could sometimes go days without seeing the other man, his master only popping in once in a while to allow Taemin to drink from him. Not that it mattered much when he knew he was going to live for forever.

Despite Taemin’s maturity, though, Key had this way of wrapping his lips around the syllables of Taemin’s name and curling the corner of his mouth that made the young vampire feel like a mere newborn again. As he approached the armchair that Key was occupying, Taemin had to fight the defiance from his face. He had learned that lesson a while ago.

When he is finally before Key, knees pressed to the hardwood floor and head bowed in submission, his master chooses to speak once more after flicking a wrist towards an old candle resting on the worn coffee table. The wick sparks a flame instantly and the room pulses with a dull light.

“My, my, what a mess you’ve made…” He murmurs, delicate fingers reaching out to tilt Taemin’s head back so that he has a clear view of his face, thumb swiping at the dried blood that hugged the corner of Taemin’s lip. He clucks his tongue in disappointment.

Even though by this point he should know better,Taemin can’t fight the way his chin juts out in rebellion, lips thinning. His tiny moment does not go unnoticed and Key’s eyes flash bright purple for a moment and he laughs when Taemin immediately falls limply against his parted knees, head resting against thigh, and eyes glossed. Taemin hates when his master does that.

Reaching down, Key rakes his fingers through Taemin’s hair, tutting once more. “Now, now, Taemin. What have I told you about not listening to your master?” His tone is light but his fingers are rough when they move down to grip Taemin’s chin, again, dragging him up.

Taemin couldn’t have responded if he wanted to, energy completely sapped. The only sound he can force out of his throat is a pathetic whimper. In a matter of seconds, Key’s face is centimeters away from Taemin’s. So close that Taemin can count his eyelashes and map out the pale freckles that pepper his nose.

“Good boy…” Key murmurs, gently. “Now, then, why don’t you tell me where you’ve been, hm?” He reaches a hand out and covers Taemin’s eyes briefly and Taemin can feel his toes, again.

Even though Taemin has control of his body, once more, he is still hesitant to speak. He knows that Key already knows what he’s done and simply wants to hear it from Taemin’s own lips. He knows that he will be punished. Key’s patience is endless, however, and as the silent stretches on, he simply runs his fingers through Taemin’s hair, once more.

Taemin is not nearly as patient as his master and he eventually cracks. “I was on a date…” he mumbles, eyes focusing on Key’s ear so that he doesn’t have to make eye contact.

“How exciting.” His master enthuses. “And what did you do, exactly, on your date?”

The silver haired man, Jonghyun, comes to Taemin’s mind instantly. Taemin remembers the way that he had smiled with all his teeth and how strong his jaw had looked when he spoke. He and Jonghyun had met at a local club two weeks prior and Taemin had instantly been taken by the way he had been grinding against a much taller stranger. When Jonghyun’s eyes had met his across the room, silver hair pushed away from his face by a lace headband and lips held prisoner by his teeth, Taemin knew that he had to have him even though his master had warned him against hunting humans.

Taemin thought of the man fondly. Of the cat and mouse game that they had been playing with each other from a distance. The way his hips had fit perfectly in Taemin’s hands. The trust that was so apparent on his face when Taemin sunk his teeth into the side of his neck. That damn lace headband. Jonghyun’s blood had tasted so rich and spicy. The thought of it made Taemin feel warm.

Key gently tugs on Taemin’s hair to rouse him from his thoughts. Taemin blinks a few times as he comes back to himself and realizes that Key is still waiting for him to answer.

“I had dinner.” He answers simply, still fantasizing about the way Jonghyun’s blood had slid down his throat and how full he felt. His lips curled in delight.

“Ah, but didn’t I feed you just yesterday? You must have quite an appetite, pet.” Key phrases the statement casually but Taemin is still sheepish. He knows that drinking in excess is forbidden.

Taemin’s lips puff out in a pout and he wrinkles his eyes in that way he knows Key is weak to. “I’m sorry..?”

His master sighs and pinches his cheek firmly. “You must learn to control your thirst. You’re much too impulsive and young to handle the responsibility of feeding from a human.”

The concern on Key’s face fills Taemin with guilt and he nuzzles up into his master’s neck in apology. “He just smelled so good…I’m sorry, master…”

A moment of silence passes before Key sighs. He can never manage to stay mad at Taemin for long. “You are young, still. Control will come with time.” He lifts his hands to at Taemin’s spine. “For now, drink.”

Taemin doesn’t hesitate to open his mouth wide when Key urges him to, whimpering when his fangs sprout from his gums. Even after all this time, he still wasn’t used to the sensation. His nostrils flare and his pupils dilate when he sinks his teeth into his master’s neck, freeing his blood from the large vein on his neck. Even though it must have been the thousandth time that he had fed from his master, he is still not tired of the way Key’s blood tastes as it spills down his throat like a glass of warm milk, heat spreading across his body so quickly that he is thankful that being a vampire means he doesn’t have to worry about breathing.

He is still full from earlier, so after a moment or two, Taemin attempts to pull away from his master’s neck, thirst gone. Key’s hand stays his movement, however, pressing his head back to the wound and forcing him to drink more and more. His master wants him fed so well that he doesn’t even think of drinking again. Before long, Taemin is so full that he couldn’t possibly force another drop down his throat, his master’s blood mingling with Jonghyun’s in his system.

“That’s a good boy…” Key’s voice brushes his ear when Taemin slumps against him. Key is still steadily Taemin’s hair and he can feel himself growing tired.

Eventually, he allows his eyes to slide shut, dreams flooded with thoughts of his gentle master, the memory of the boy in the lace headband washed away in the storm of his voice.

 

 

AN: Heyyy i'm trying to get back into serious fic writing so make sure to let me know if you enjoyed this fic and would like to see more!! Also I have a twitter and tumblr if you are interested in chatting there! All that info is on my profile~~