end

home
jaehwan was not a city boy. he was living with fresh airs without pollution, being able to walk around green fields and being greeted by friendly neighbors and friends he had. but somehow, they were not satisfying him enough. 
“my dream is to make my mum proud of me by making a big farm and buy her a house someday!”  hakyeon said, as jaehwan could hear his hopes in every words he said. the older boy turned his head to see jaehwan who was seeing the morning sky. “how about you, hwannie?” 
the question made him smile, as he imagined his eyes seeing the new world, way different than his own environment. “i wanna live in a city.” which left hakyeon amazed, and then he laughed at how high he thougt his hope was. 
he had dreamed it. he asked to himself, his parents, his friends and the neighbors about 'how was it like to be far from here?', 'are there more people living in the city?', 'are there something different between the village and the city?' but he always got dissapointed after getting reminded that none of them had been there before. 
his mother bought him a tv when he was eight and he got almost all of his questions answered. he saw tall buildings, beautiful parks, cool vehicles, and neat people on the small screen. his hopes got bigger and bigger each day. 
 
something which was really unexpected happened one day. hakyeon’s parents were dead and he was only eleven. jaehwan could never understand why people took his parents in such a young age, he couldn’t take it to see his hyung crying all day until he was threatening his older that he would cry too. mrs. cha was a great person, almost like his own loving mother, he was also sad about it but he wanted his hyung to stop crying. “hyung makes me sad too.” 
“i’m sorry hwannie, but now i have nobody.” 
jaehwan moved close to wipe away his hyung’s tears and almost pressed hakyeon's corners or his lips a little bit too hard eith his fingers in order to make his hyung smile. they both laughed at the action. jaehwan then grinned, “i’m always here for you, hyung, always.” 

hakyeon lived with jaehwan’s family, in a room where jaehwan sometimes sneak up into and sleep with him.
a usual night, where the sky was dark and they could see stars clearly. the room didn’t have a light there, as they’re pretty used to it, letting the moon shine on them. “houses in cities look bigger and more comfortable than this.” jaehwan said, feeling hakyeon’s hands carressing his hair, as if telling the younger boy to sleep after all the pointing stars and the story tellings.
“mhmm.” hakyeon was pretty sleepy but he decided to not sleep yet after he heard jaehwan.
“when i live there, hyung, i promise i’m going to buy one house!” 
hakyeon smiled, “how about me?” 
“of course, hyung, one for you too!” then they smiled to each other, and they knew that it was not the first time jaehwan did that, hakyeon was between where he could hope or not by his words, but he only nodded and see jaehwan’s eyes twinkle. hakyeon knew he was imagining again.

jaehwan promised hakyeon the world. 
 

he was sixteen when he saw a vehicle, totally different from the one his dad had, passing him when he was walking down from the hills with hakyeon. his friend had gasped too loud, “that’s a ferrari car, jaehwan!” 
the name seemed familiar, but he had forgotten about it. “what is that?” 
“the car on the calendar!” 
jaehwan then remembered about the car he and hakyeon found on the calendar, showing it to every kids in the village and bragging on how jaehwan’s going to buy the car when he lives in the city. he grinned wide to hakyeon and both of them decided to sneak on the house the red car had parked at. 
there was a teenage boy, his name was hongbin. he was also sixteen, his face was too handsome for jaehwan to see as a person. hongbin couldn’t understand their language, and he was thankful that both of them had learned seoul accent, unless they would be unable to talk to each other. he also dressed like he saw on television. 
“i’m here for my trip!” hongbin said as both of them was trying to relax on the couch. they had never thought the house that was built around two yeard before was his. it looked pretty ordinary from outside but it was like they had entered a new world once they entered the house. hongbin had things such as video games, a cool phone, and a large tv. hongbin also told them that they could come whenever they wanted to. 

hongbin was nice. he bought jaehwan and hakyeon all the things they wanted to buy at small shops and snacks. he sometimes told his mother who was in the city to bring him foods from the city, and his bulter would come and give it to him. he kept talking about the city, about how nice it was, living there and jaehwan was the best listener out of both. 
hongbin was also mean at times. hakyeon and jaehwan weren’t even dare to sigh on their parent’s words or even other adults, but hongbin kept yelling on either his older maids if they did wrong on how they washed his clothes or how they served his foods. but it was fine because hongbin was nice to other kids. everyone had their bad sides, jaehwan thought. 
hakyeon was becoming too busy with his work. 
jaehwan spent more time with hongbin then, he even sometime stayed at his home. hongbin was so clever. he gave jaehwan a lot of books to read, and let him borrow everything he had on his bookshelf. hongbin told him that if he wanted to be succesful, jaehwan really needed to be serious on his studies. it was nice seeing hongbin study, he was always studying at least five hours a day and jaehwan was always there when he was doing so. day by day, jaehwan started to listen to hongbin’s mutters about the books he read, about the works he was doing, and reading the books hongbin had reccomended him. it became a habit, really, he read books even when he was hanging out with hakyeon but the older didn’t seem to mind. 
it had been three months and hongbin needed to go home. 
jaehwan was given the key to the house. although the other maids were given too, he couldn’t help but feel like he was special enough to hongbin. he was also afraid that something might happen to the house, but hongbin had the things the villagers did not have, so if someone take everything from the house it would be very obvious. 
“i’ll be back!” he shouted to hakyeon and jaehwan, as they waved to him who was in the car. 

hongbin’s house became a library to jaehwan. he and hakyeon often visited to take or read books together, sometimes only jaehwan himself, and his butler came to the house sometimes to add more books and told the two best friends how hongbin was doing. 
hakyeon was becoming happy when he saw jaehwan looking very serious with the books he was reading. he talked to hongbin about it, when jaehwan was on a trip with his parents to the sea along with his cousins and other families. he told hongbin that if there’s a way, a way for jaehwan to possibly be with hongbin, he would be very glad. live in the city, just what jaehwan wanted. 

“he was always so happy everytime he talked about his dreams, hongbin, and i just couldn’t take it because it was almost impossible for him to be there.” 
“it’s not impossible, hyung,” hongbin’s eyes were wandering around the house. his family was the owner of a popular university. hongbin made sure to himself that he absolutely could help jaehwan. “he only needed to, learn, i think i can convince him.” 
hongbin wasn’t a smart kid himself, he was actually the laziest person in his family. his parents sent him there with a lot of books so that he could learn properly to get accepted in his family’s own university. the boy had only planned to only play video games and have long conversations on the phone with his friends who were in the city because the connection was surprisingly fine there. he got mad of the maids whenever they reminded him to study, to do what he supposed to do. but jaehwan had made him realize, jaehwan had never told him how much he wanted to live where hongbin grew up in, but after he knew about it, hongbin felt like he had to be grateful because not everyone was in the same state as him. that’s when he decided to also study. 
they talked like that when it was only two weeks of their friendship, and hongbin swore hakyeon looked the happiest there.
maybe that was it, hakyeon thought to himself, maybe that’s my dream now.  

he came back in two years, with a brand new car jaehwan believed he had seen on the tv commercials, and hakyeon didn’t want to come greet him when jaehwan told him to do so on the phone. he got one after collecting money from his salary, he was working as a cashier in a small clothes shop. he almost ran from his workplace after hongbin texted him that he had arrived. 
“why don’t you go to seoul with me?” hongbin asked after two days, when they're having a dinner together in his house, and it was almost like hongbin was expecting him to agree. he wanted to scream, jump, run over the whole village after the boy asked him, and he was quick to answer yes. 
hongbin cheered happily. he told jaehwan that in seoul he’s gonna live with hongbin himself, and hongbin was making sure that jaehwan got to meet his friend sanghyuk and also hongbin’s boyfriend. jaehwan swore that was the best moment in his life. 

“where were you, hyung?” hakyeon had been gone for days already. it was either because he went home when jaehwan was busy with his math and hongbin, or because he really didn't go home for three days. he was glad to find hakyeon in the living room, sitting on the floor while eating. 
“i’m sorry hwannie, taekwoon was having a hard time at his workplace so i helped him.” and jaehwan knew it was a lie. he disliked hakyeon’s hardwork trait he had but nonetheless, jaehwan was glad he was home. he could finally tell him the good news. 
“guess what?” 
“what?” hakyeon stared up at him, although he was still busy with the foods he was currently eating. he was surprised when jaehwan jumped off from his seat, but he already knew what it was going to be about.
“i’m going to seoul!”
jaehwan ws shouting so loud, and hakyeon laughed at how excited he was.
“i’m so proud of you!” and it was the truth. jaehwan took his hands and led him to dance, maybe for a celebration on how he’s going to the capital city after years only wondering about it. hakyeon smiled to himself, hongbin had kept his promise to him. he noted to himself that he should cook hongbin something nice, like the ones he had read on recipe books from hongbin’s bookshelf. he couldn’t hide his happiness, but he tried so hard not to weep like a baby in front of jaehwan because he knew how much jaehwan felt when he was crying. he smiled so wide, he believed that he had not felt the same feeling in years. he was happy at jaehwan’s happiness and he was feeling so accomplished. 

he was packing up his things. hongbin told him all the plans, that jaehwan was sure going to have new clothes but he could bring some if he wanted. he took a photo frame from his wooden desk his father had gifted him for his eighth birthday. it was a picture of him, his mother, father and hakyeon. they spent a really long time riding a public transportation because there was only two vehicles there which was going to other village that had a photo studio. but tpit was worth the time reaching there, because they all look happy in that picture, especially hakyeon. 
he then threw himself to his bed, staring at the photo and got reminded of the promises he had told hakyeon. can he ask hongbin if he can take hakyeon with him? maybe hakyeon can also study and live together with both of them there. the thougt made jaehwan happy, he kept thinking of the things he can do with hongbin and hakyeon when they are together in the place that was like a dream to jaehwan. 

“of course!” hongbin answered him after jaehwan asked the next day, although it was almost like he already knew something. but then again, jaehwan was glad that he could bring his hyun-
“i don’t want to go there.” he answered calmly, as he flipped the page of the brand new novel he was reading. it shocked jaehwan. 
he knew his hyung was already comfortable living in the small village, and never looked to be so  interested in life outside there. but the answer made him sad, and he really wanted to beg hakyeon to join him, him and hongbin on living in the new place. he bit his bottom lip, seeing hongbin’s dissapointed face, but decided to not say anything. 

he did not say anything to hakyeon, not at all, only nodded at his words and requests, but jaehwan had always made sure that he listened. it saddened hakyeon then, he didn’t like to see jaehwan sad, and it was a few days until he’s going to seoul. 
“you know me, right? hwannie, you know why i dont want to go?” 
jaehwan had pretended to not be so interested at the conversation hakyeon had started, but the elder had shook his body by his shoulders and made jaehwan look straight up to the older. 
“yes hyung, i know.” was the first words he said after five days. “but my promises, they were also important.” 
you’re so important, jaehwan said in mind. 
hakyeon sighed at him. what had jaehwan exactly promised him? a car similar to hongbin, a house, delicious foods, expensive pets they had seen on tv, but hakyeon needed none of those. “don’t worry so much about me, okay? you’ll live well there.” 
that was the only thing jaehwan was actually worrying about. how could he live without the older? he was not talking to him but hakyeon was still talking, he was still with him. but when he was in the city- how could he live a day without hakyeon? the thought made him want to cry. he knew he shouldn’t feel like this but he couldn’t help it. 
but hakyeon hugged him, and jaehwan suddenly had forgotten all his worries in a moment. as if reading his mind, hakyeon answered him. “you’ll live a better life without me.”


“i don’t want to go.” 
those words jaehwan couldn’t even imagine himself saying in the past. it was time to go. his parents had woken him at the morning, helping him bring his things to hongbin’s home. his mom was almost crying, but he told her that he’s going to be a successful man and going to make his parents proud, and he hugged both of his parents. hakyeon wasn’t planning to come to his departure, but he couldn’t stop himself from running to jaehwan. jaehwan also thought he wouldn’t come so he took some heavy steps to hongbin’s car, and he looked back. he saw his house, the people he could see everyday, his parents, the fresh air he’s breathing, the rough streets, and hakyeon standing in front of him. 
“this is your dream, jaehwan.”
“don’t you wanna go with me, hyung?” he offered one more time. there was fear, he was afraid that hakyeon might reject again. 
he looked at hongbin behind jaehwan, he was waiting the same answer coming out from hakyeon’s lips. but hakyeon knew he couldn’t say what they wanted.
“no, hwannie, i’ll just stay here.”
he loved jaehwan, he loved him for all his lives, but he could not leave the place. it was his home after all. he still owed so much to jaehwan’s family, he also wanted to keep working so he could build what he had dreamt since he was a child, even though his mother was no longer there. and he knew jaehwan and hongbin wanted him to also be happy, but he could not leave his responsibillities he was having. 
and although jaehwan knew that his home was hakyeon, he chose the other option although it pained him because he needed to be far away from hakyeon. with a heavy heart, jaehwan decided move closer, to press his lips softly on hakyeon’s cheek, seeing his beautiful face for one last time before turning and wave from his back, afraid of seeing his hyung cry, making sure that he wouldn’t look back and regret his decision. 

“well, see you later, then!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-- 
um okay, i always think that i dont write.... things that make sense. so??? sorry if this yeah but im still glad if you bother to read this^^ thank you!!!