Ray of Sunshine

My Sunshine

Yoongi doesn't know what he did wrong, to be honest. He doesn't know what he did to piss off the world but apparently he did something major as karma was currently kicking him right in the . The pale man doesn't understand why today of all days every force decided to go against him. Yoongi knows he has been good lately. Great even. He cleans up after himself, has all of his homework done on time, helps out his neighbours with minding their bratty kid even though he's not a kid person and would much rather sleep the weekend away. Hell, he even eats all of his disgusting vegetables like his eomma taught him. So why does it seem like the blond royally pissed God off? 

 

Yoongi woke up feeling refreshed and content - feelings he never associates with weekday mornings. It was a peaceful Friday morning, so close to the blonds favorite day; Sleep-in Saturday's. He grabbed his phone from his locker to check the time (or more accurately, check how many hours he had left to sleep) only to realise he slept through all 4 of his alarms. It was 7:30 a.m. and his first class started at 8 a.m.

 

 The blond leaps out of bed, grabs the cleanest clothes that are currently taking residence on his computer chair ( he's a student, a busy guy, he doesn't have enough time nor patience to fold laundry) , and dashes into the bathroom. Yoongi jumps into the shower and after a 5 second debate decides against washing his hair. He'll just deal with a beanie today. He spends a total of a minute and a half washing away the sweat and stench from his body before he quickly rinses and dries himself. He hurriedly pulls on his outfit, which he realises doesn't even match, and brushes his teeth before sprinting downstairs.

 

The pale man grabs his shoes by the couch and hurriedly tries to grab all of his school work before promptly shoving them into his bag. He struggles to pull on his shoes while simultaneously grabbing his beanie and shoving it on his birdsnest. As it is 7:45 a.m and Yoongi already missed his bus, he knows today is not his day. He finds himself sprinting to his school which is good 15 minutes away by bus, 25 minutes if he runs like a mad man and God gives him Usain Bolt's magical legs. Basically, Yoongi is ed. 

 

///

 

Yoongi reached his school at 8:07 a.m, panting and sweating profoundly. So much for his shower. He rushes to his Literature class and takes a 10 second breather outside the door to straighten out his clothes, fix his beanie and try not to look as unfit as he knows is. With one final deep breath he knocks hesitantly on the door, hoping his professor was in a better mood than he is, before entering the classroom.

 

 "Mr Kim-ssi, I'm so so sorry for being late this morning. I slept through my alarm and I know that sounds like a stupid excuse but I swear it's true and I've been rushing all morning to get here on time, I even sprinted here and that even surprises me because I barely walk let alone run, and I'm really sorry for disrupting you in the middle of class but I really need to do well in this class to gradua-" rambled Yoongi nervously. "Min Yoongi, will you please quiet down for a second and stop your babbling? I usually don't tolerate tardiness but since this is your first time i will make an exception." Mr Kim reasoned. "Now turn in your homework assignment and take your seat", 

 

Yoongi's eyes widened. He did actually do his homework. As he clarified before; he's been great. His homework has been completed for the last two days and was just lying patiently next to his computer waiting for the due date. But there was a few problems. 1) today was the due date, 2) his homework was still lying next to his computer, 3) . . 

 

///

 

That was how Yoongi found himself sitting in detention with a bunch of loudmouthed delinquents. The brats favor shouting to one another instead of speaking like well-mannered people, causing Yoongi's irritation to increase.The supervisor Mr Choi left quickly 10 minutes after detention started, probably to go the Math professor Mr Kwon, and hasn't graced us with his return since. Truthfully, Yoongi could probably leave unnoticed but he doesn't want to take the chance of an even worse punishment so he powers on for the remaining 40 minutes. He's a real trooper, so he is. 

 

By the time detention finishes, Yoongi is sporting a migraine and is very close to punching one of the idiot bimbos that caused it. He slams the school doors open forcefully only to stop abruptly as if he smacked into a forcefield. It's raining. Heavily. Of course it ing is. He sees all of his detention companions run to their cars, still screaming to one another about the rain, and wishes that he was friends with at least one of them just for the ride home. 

 

He takes a deep breath in and slowly releases it through his lips in the hopes of calming his temper slightly. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work. Yoongi doesn't have an umbrella with him ( come on, what teenage student carries random umbrellas around with them all the time? Not Min Yoongi, anyways), and opts for placing his bag over his head and rushes to the nearest warm shop in town. 

 

///

 

 

Yoongi comes across a dainty café that doesn't seem too crowded after 15 minutes of agonizing running. Café L'Amour. Seriously, why do all café's think they have to sound French in order to get service? It's so ing overrated. By now, the blond is drenched and just wants to have a scorching hot shower, cuddle into his blankets and forget about this dreadful day. However, something about the café makes the pale man intrigued and it's like a force pushes him to open the door. 

 

Yoongi trudges inside and is immediately hit with a sense of warmth and comfort. The silent pair almost makes him cry with relief at having some bit of luck today. The strong coffee smell suffocates the air and made him feel slightly better. At least coffee will always be more bitter than he is. He takes off his drenched coat, beanie and shakes his pale, ice-blond hair to make it look somewhat presentable. 

 

Yoongi can hear the quiet murmur of conversation buzzing inside the café and it soothes his banging migraine. He languidly strolls up to the counter and studies the menu. He is stuck in his own world, silently trying to decide what warm drink to heat up his freezing body, when a soft, slightly high-pitched voice startles him. "Um.. Sir? Would you like to order?" Yoongi turns towards the barista only to be shocked into silence. The latter is definitely younger than him, though he can't tell how young. He is around the same height as Yoongi but Yoongi notes that he is a fraction taller than the male and smirks in satisfaction. He has got fiery red hair adorning his head, matched with chubby cheeks, a cute pair of glasses and the most dazzling eye-smile Yoongi has ever seen.

 

 The barista's smile falters slightly after 30 more seconds of Yoongi blatantly studying him and he starts to become slightly self conscious. He clears his throat and nervously fiddles with his apron, "S-sir? Do you want to order something?" he stutters. "U-uh yeah yeah.. Um.. Sorry.. eh yeah.. Can I get one caramel macchiato please?" Yoongi curses himself for stuttering and making an even bigger fool out of himself but the barista just giggles quietly. "Sure, one caramel macchiato coming up. That'll be $3.50, please." he smiled largely at Yoongi.

 

 The latter goes to search for his wallet to hide his face and avoid further embarrassing himself infront of the café cutie before groaning and thumping head against the counter. He forgot his wallet. Of course he did, this was the day of bad luck wasn't it? The thump startles the barista and makes him jump. "Um.. Are you okay? Did you just pass out? Do I need to call my manager? Or an ambulance!?", he rambled nervously. He honestly didn't know how to help the troubled man that was currently groaning on his counter.

 

 The concern in the younger's voice made Yoongi smile slightly before lifting his head up and quickly apologizes to the panicking barista. "Sorry, but today has been like hell." the blond says dejectedly. The younger's heart tugs a little at the defeated look on the pale man's face. "Wanna talk about it? It might make you feel better." the barista questions quietly, his signature shy smile still in place.

 Yoongi sighs heavily and contemplates whether he should recall today's karma with the cute stranger. He glances at the barista, his warm smile adorning his face seems to heat Yoongi up faster than the hot beverage he requested. "It's not that bad really.. Maybe I'm just being whiny but.. Okay first, I slept through all 4 of my alarms. 4! That's a whole 3 more than normal people need but here I am being extra special. Secondly, I was super late for school and as you can see i didn't have time to even match my clothes, much less catch the stupid ing bus which led to me sprinting for a good 20 minutes just to make it to school at a decent time." The younger slowly became amused by the man's rambling and was biting his lip hard to stop his laughter from bubbling out. 

 

"Thirdly, I forgot my goddamn homework next to my goddamn computer which meant that I had to go to detention and enjoy a banging migraine while my supervisor was literally enjoying banging some professor in a closet. As you can tell, my school is classy as " The younger couldn't confine his amusement anymore and started giggling silently at the man's exclamations. He has to admit, he found the slightly taller male kind of cute.

 

 "And by the time detention finished it was raining buckets outside and I had no umbrella because who the owns an umbrella nowadays, not me anyways, so I had to run to the nearest café which happened to be Café L'Amour as you probably could already tell, by the way do you know why café's name their shops in French? It makes no sense to me but anyways I finally thought that today was going well when I finally walked inside and felt the warm atmosphere here but obviously I really pissed off every higher power that exists because I seem to have forgotten my wallet so I'm sorry for wasting your time, i'm a huge idiot and I have to go before I embarass myself more." 

 

Yoongi turned to take his leave before he felt a slight tug on his sleeve, "Wait! Um.. You had a pretty rough day today. I know how you must feel right now, especially since you think you can't find comfort in the one place that seemed to offer it to you. Believe me, I've been in your position. A lot more frequently than I would like to admit but .. You don't have to go".

 

Yoongi turned around to find the barista smiling shyly at him, a light pink dusting his cheeks. When the slightly taller male turned to the barista, the latter smiled warmly at him and he continued his mini speech. "I go on my break in ten minutes. If you're willing to wait that long, I can buy you the drink. I'll even throw in some fresh out of the oven muffins to make you feel better. To make you feel that this day wasn't a complete train wreck at least." he finished in one breath, warm smile still in place and tilting his head as if asking a silent question to Yoongi.

 

 "I.. You don't even know me. I can't let you waste your money on me when we don't even know each other. I kind of come across as cold to people, you might not like me.", he chuckled sadly. 

 

The barista's smile stretched, his eyes became small slits and his cheeks looked ready to burst from the pressure. He giggled again before introducing himself. "Hi, my name is Jimin. Park Jimin. What's your name, Hyung-nim?" Jimin bowed slightly and extended his hand to the older male. Jimin. He silently repeated the name to himself before deciding that yes. Jimin was the perfect name for the café cutie. 

 

Yoongi hesitantly shook Jimin's hand and introduced himself as Min Yoongi, but insisted that Jimin call him Yoongi hyung instead. Yoongi-ssi made him sound like an 80 year old man. "Well Yoongi hyung, I go on my break in ten minutes. I'd be really happy if you let me maybe buy you a warm drink and get to know you? So we're not complete strangers. You can prove that your not as cold as you initially come across." he finished quietly, waiting for the rejection he hoped wouldn't come but knew would come. 

 

For the first time that day, the pale man's gummy smile slowly appeared. "I would really love that " he responded softly. Jimin beamed at the blond. The older male's wide smile quickly became one of Jimin's favorite things about him. It was better that the smile was because of Jimin. He decided that yes; he wanted to be the reason for the blond's smile from now on. He wanted to get to know Yoongi.

 

Yoongi finds it hard not to be content around Jimin. He was like a ray of sunshine. He brightened up Yoongi's horrible day with one smile and a promise of caramel macchiato's. Yoongi could already feel himself slowly become addicted to Jimin and hopes, that with time, Jimin will become his own personal ray of sunshine. 

 

Yoongi didn't know what he did to receive such bad karma but he thinks maybe, just maybe, Jimin is worth it.