Aptitude Test

The Pureblood

 

“Umma, is everything gonna be alright?”

My eyes met with hers, her soft smile slowly calming my nerves down, her tender hand caresses my hair and back in a loving way. “ Are you afraid?”

 

I look her figures in the mirror and smiles weakly instead of answering her question.” Kyungsoo and Wendy will be there, too. Together with you so don’t be afraid. You need to be braver than them. you’re their hyung and oppa so give your best, Yoseobah. I always knew you would and you could.”

Her words, her supportive words don’t get through into my heart that deep. Somehow, somehow deeps inside me make me afraid of the aptitude test. Its…killing me. slow and painfully.

 

 

Appa went home as he always does before dinner, his face seemed tired though yet he helped Umma to prepare our dinner. Seems today we will eat Bolognese spaghetti and Caesar salad, with some brownies if they let us to have some in the midnight later on…

 

“So, I sense someone is seems afraid of tomorrow’s test? No?”

 

My eyes dart on the fork, my hand slowly makes a weak fist under the table.” I am afraid too, to be honest.” Umma chuckles and shakes her head lightly. “Oppa, you are always scared and afraid of your life… you even scream when you saw our cat gave birth to her three kittens.”

 

“That’s different thing, silly”

“and what have I thought you, Yang Kyungsoo?” this time Appa sneaks in between the conversation, his eyes look on his second son.

 

“Never call your sibling with harsh words and do not say anything impropriate in front of foods…” kyungsoo mumbles and silently continues eating his salad.

 

“I’m not afraid. It just…it makes me ages by thinking of the test and the result and such.” Sighing softly, I look on my appa and later on my Umma. My appa is like always, doesn’t show his smile though he doesn’t seem to be those father who with stern looks yet my umma is always smiling to me- to her children no matter what we did.

 

“Appa, I heard that once we choose whatever we want to be…that’s mean we are not living with you anymore? Like…we need to get out of this house? Is that so?” I look on Wendy as she asked so. My mind and ears beg for the answer, too. Since I’m going to through that tomorrow.

 

“You’re an adult and able to choose what you want once you’re sixteen dear.”

“so, Yoseob hyung and kyungsoo hyung won’t live with us anymore starting tomorrow? Is that so umma?” wendy seems uneasy with Umma’s answer.

“-It’s not tomorrow. It’s after we chose what we want to be.” Kyungsoo smiles, showing his teeth and wipes his mouth using the napkin.” I’m done. You do the dishes today, don’t you Wendy?”

 

I kept on being silent throughout the conversation, my spaghetti only reduced a little since before, as I don’t want to eat it. I lost my appetite because of that silly thing called aptitude test. I just don’t get it…why don’t you live with your family that you have now? what was the reason for doing these? It just seemed to be meaningless for me.

 

that rules.

 

 

No one’s pov

 

Yoseob and Kyungsoo walks into a building where most- all of kids who at their ages are. Wendy whined before as she wanted to stay with her oppas yet Umma told him that she would in next two years for the test.

 

Yoseob hissed as soon as he settled himself on a seat between the others, his mind goes blank when he saw the crowd.

 

“Hyung, it’s amazing, don’t you think?” Kyungsoo nudges his twin, his teeth are showing again as he smiles at his older brother by five minutes.

“Don’t joke me Do…it’s awful. If I could curse…”

“Umma and appa will kill you before you could..”

 

Yoseob sighs and rubs his face. it is true. He hasn’t curse or doing anything that any kids on his age would do. He did adore and he still adores the werewolves group. He saw them just now in the main gate where his Umma and Appa left him with Kyungsoo to the test. Their fast speed, their thrilling actions by jumping out from the train while it is moving makes Yoseob admires the faction.

 

He wanted to do so someday. If he could.

 

 

 

Yoseob’s pov

 

Names by names were called and luckily they start according to the alphabetically. Do has left five minutes ago and now I’m waiting for my name to be called for the aptitude test.

 

“chill there human…your adrenaline showing up on your face.”

Someone nudging my elbow from my left side and that doesn’t take time for me to glare or stare on him. A well build body, his muscular arms showing well with the sleeveless black shirt. He has a strong impersonation yet when I look on his face, those smiling eyes make me smirks lightly.

 

“Don’t laugh at my face. I warned you.”

 

Shrugging and looking around for Do, I cross my arms over my chest and lean back against the chair. The boy next to me seems as if he wants to say something yet I ignore him, keep on being in my own world of silence. Again, he nudges me.

“Human faction?”

 

I deafen myself. Closing my eyes so that I can’t look on him.

 

“Is human always acting like you? wow.” The boy continues again and this time he lets out a soft laugh. I try to find his fault from his laughter but I can’t see it as I didn’t heard in a sarcastic way. It was kind of…a bit pure.

 

“I’m from...”

“werewolves faction. I know based on your shirt.”

“impress. You make me impressed on you.”

“it’s too early to conclude one. Be careful on whatever you say, Wolf.”

 

I throw my sight on him and I can see his smirk. He shrugs and looks on me in return.” Are you sure you’re one of those human. You seem as if you are not.” He says more and I raise my eyebrow. I was thinking to ignore him and I did when my name was called, finally and I stand up.

My nerves gushing back into my mind when I realized that I would take the test now.

 

 

                  ***********************************************************************

 

“I know we shouldn’t talk about the result of our aptitude test…but I’m curious, Hyung. what does it says for you? are you still going to continue in Human faction? “

 

My mind was already miserable and this boy making me getting heavy headache. He should know that we can’t tell the result to each other, including to our parents yet here he is, asking me to tell him mine.

 

“Give me a break, Do. You’re making me sick with this .” I growl and let him alone, walking back to our home as I walk in front of him with thousands of confusion and unanswered questions.

 

If my result is not a Human, then where do I belong?

Who am I?