Chopper

His Chopper

You lived with your best friend, Lee Jaehwan, for the past two years now. You know almost everything that there is to know about the guy. He was one of the cutest people you have ever met. You and Jaehwan were childhood friends, inseparable even until now. He was your best friend that you haven’t seen get angry but you will finally get to see that side of him when he finds out about you losing his favorite life-sized Chopper plush doll.

 

You and Jaehwan as usual had your usual delivered Chinese food for dinner every Thursday night. Tonight was somehow different since you’ve been hiding the truth about his Chopper going missing and you didn’t find the appetite to eat anymore. You cursed yourself for losing such a big item like that doll.

 

Literally such a big item.

 

He asked if you were okay and you just answered it with a simple nod. By the time you were putting away the leftovers and trash, Jaehwan felt uneasy. He knew you were hiding something from him. For years he had known you. It was easy to detect when you were lying but he didn’t force you to spill because he knew you would tell him eventually. He just didn’t know that it was about his favorite toy.

 

It took all of your courage to tell him when you finished taking a bath. You didn’t even care anymore that you were in your favorite PJs when you will confess your crime.

 

You searched for him and saw him, also in his sleeping clothes which was a large black shirt and shorts, drinking milk at the kitchen. He greeted you with a cutesy smile and asked why you were still awake since it was already nearly midnight and that his best friend should get her beauty rest.

 

“I lost Chopper.” You shut your eyes the moment those words left your mouth. Seconds have passed when Jaehwan realized you weren’t joking at all.

 

“YOU WHAAAT?!?!?!?”

 

You peeked and saw his red face. He was angry alright. You just had lost the most precious thing in his life, his Chopper. Jaehwan’s puffy lip frowned displeasingly and crossed his arms, slowly evening his breaths to calm himself down. “And how did you exactly lost my Chopper?”

 

“I was hanging out with the boys the other day at their place and I had Chopper around that time and…I totally forgot where I placed him.” You looked down at your feet, clearly avoiding his frightening gaze. “I’m really sorry…”

 

“HOW ON EARTH—CHOPPER IS BIG!! HE’S HUGE! How the hell can that go missing?”

 

“I actually don’t know… I just forgot where I put it.”

 

“Damn this.” Jaehwan mumbled, “Where did you say you last saw it?”

 

“At the VIXX’s house.”

 

“Then it means that it could still be at their house.” Jaehwan sighed and pulled out his phone, dialing Hakyeon’s number immediately. No answer. He called the all of the boys but not one answered any of his calls probably because they were already sleeping since it was already late at night.

 

Jaehwan cursed as he ran his hand through his hair frustratingly and sighed loudly. “How on earth am I going to sleep now?”

 

You felt even guiltier. You remembered that Jaehwan can’t sleep without his Chopper. He never sleeps without it and you see him go berserk when he doesn’t get to sleep with Chopper. You looked up at him and saw his frustrated face and his strong gaze on you.

 

“Sorry. I’ll make it up to you.”

 

You instinctively raised your arms to perform a punishment act but Jaehwan swatted your arms down. “Tsk. Stop that.”

 

Silence came. You stood awkwardly in front of a mad Jaehwan who had his eyes on you. You were too scared to even look at him because this was the first time he has ever gotten mad at you. Maybe there were times where you guys would bicker but that would eventually fade by the two of you joking. Only this time it was no laughing matter for your best friend.

“Just how on earth are you going to make it up to me?”

 

“I’ll do anything.” You mumbled. You’d really do anything just to appease the mad best friend right now. “I’ll go look for Chopper if you want.”

 

“Dummy. It’s already late at night. What kind of guy would want a girl to run around the street in her pajamas searching for a doll?!” He scratched his head and groaned in frustration. He crouched down and swept your legs off the floor. He lifted you up and carried you to his room without uttering a single word.

 

He put you down next to his bed and walked to his cabinet searching for something. You watched Jaehwan rummaged his own cabinet and when he found what he was looking for, he came back to where you were standing. He stood in front of you and placed a familiar hat on your head.

 

A pink hat with a large white x on it and antlers on its sides.

 

“Since my Chopper is missing and I can’t sleep without him, you’ll be substitute Chopper for tonight.”  He said seriously. He carefully placed it on your head and looked at you with an approving look. “That will do.”

 

“Wait what?!”

 

Jaehwan’s serious expression turned worse as he crossed his arms, “Why? Didn’t you just say that you’ll do anything? Well this is the only way you can so you have no say on this.”

 

With just that, you turned into Chopper. You nodded and stared at your best friend. What he said was true and you can’t do anything about it. Out of nowhere, Jaehwan wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close leaving no space between the two of you. He rested his head on your shoulder and nuzzled your neck, making your whole body still. With you still in his embrace, he sat on the bed making you sit on his lap.

 

“Now. Let’s go to sleep.” Jaehwan said, raising his head to look at your tomato red face.

 

“Is this really the only way?” you asked trying to avoid the situation coming ahead. He nodded and glared at you stating that there is really no other way. He lifted you up from his lap and let you sat on the bed. He got up and closed the lights, leaving the lamp on at his desk.

 

“You do know that this is your fault.” Jaehwan said, returning back on the bed and lied on the left side of the bed. He patted the empty space next to him, “Ya. Chopper, come here.”

 

“Gosh. For the past 20 years I have known you, you have never used YA to me.” You scooted next to him and lied down facing him. “I did say I was going to look for Chopper.”

 

“I also did say that I won’t let you out.” He firmly said, placing his arm this time on your stomach and pulled himself close so that his head would be resting next to yours leaving only mere centimeters for lips to touch. “Just stay still and be quiet,”

 

Jaehwan closed his eyes and tried to sleep. You stared at your friend’s current state. His eyes were forcefully shut and an almost straight line formed on his puffy lips. He seemed troubled. I guess he really can’t sleep without that Chopper. You reached out for him and slowly ruffled the sleeping guy’s disheveled hair.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked, his eyes still closed. So he wasn’t sleeping at all… you thought as you continued running your hand through his soft hair.

 

“Helping you get to sleep.” You whispered shyly.

 

“But Chopper doesn’t do that.” Jaehwan’s forehead touched yours as he leaned towards your touch. You smiled and twirled a strand of his hair playfully.

 

“But I’m not Chopper.”

 

“But you are right now.”

 

You paused. “Okay. I’ll stop.” As you were about to pull your hand away from him, Jaehwan grabbed it and flipped his eyes open. He stared at you as if he was trying to read what you were thinking. He gently placed your hand back on his messy hair and closed his eyes, embracing you once more.

 

“I guess it’s okay for you to do that.”

 

You smiled and returned to caressing the tall boy.

 

A few minutes had passed and both of you remained in the same position. Jaehwan’s arms and legs locked onto your body; only your arms are the body parts that you can move freely. It was actually a bit uncomfortable just the very fact that you can’t move but it didn’t bother you because your mind was too preoccupied with the sleeping boy lying next to you. He was already sleeping and it made you glad that his make-you-wear-a-chopper-hat-so-she-would-be-like-a-chopper-substitute-plan worked.  You had stopped his hair a while back which left you with nothing to do but stare at his calm face. His features were softer unlike before when he was mad. You slowly traced the features of his face; his eyebrows, nose, his round cheeks and his cute puffed lips.

 

You’re like a puppy. A big puppy that is… you giggled to yourself. Eventually, you drifted to sleep lying next to him.

 

The very next day, you and Jaehwan woke up soundly. Though Jaehwan was still mad at you for losing Chopper, you made him breakfast as always and help him prepare for work. Once he left, you cleaned the apartment and prepared for work as well. Weirdly, it was just like any other day.

 

After work, you hurriedly went straight to VIXX’s house hoping that Chopper would be there. Hakyeon was the only one at home. You told him of your current situation; at first, he laughed at how shallow Jaehwan can be but his laughter subsided when he saw your serious face. He apologized for laughing and knowing that Chopper wasn’t inside the house. You thanked him and went somewhere else.

 

WHERE IN THE WORLD CAN THAT BIG STUFF TOY BE!?! You hit your head, blaming yourself.

 

Night came and you arrived at home. Jaehwan was already home and was cooking dinner for both of you. You greeted him but he just nodded at your direction. You sat on the counter across your best friend who was chopping vegetables.

 

“Are you still mad at me?” you asked with a minimal voice. “I’m really sorry. I went to the house this afternoon but Hakyeon told me that Chopper wasn’t there. I’ll make it up to you. I promise. I’ll buy you a new one.”

 

Jaehwan stopped chopping vegetables and turned his attention to you. He placed his hand on the counter next to you, leaning his weight on his hand. “I’m not mad. I’m just…I just really feel bad that Chopper is missing. Maybe last night, I was angry at you but now I’m not.” He moved so he could stand in front of you. He leaned to get a better view of you and smiled. The first time you see him smile again after getting angry at you. “So stop moping around there and help me!”

 

“I thought you’re the one moping around here.” You giggled, Kenjumma is back.

 

He opened his arms wide and wrapped his arms around you. “But you still have to sleep next to me because I can’t sleep. It was actually shocking that I fell asleep without Chopper.”

 

“Okay, okay.”

 

He released you from his embrace and went back to chopping the vegetables. You got off the counter and helped him. You smiled knowing that Jaehwan’s anger was finally gone but you were still determined to find Chopper so that your best friend can go to sleep at peace.

 

After dinner and cleaning up, the two of you prepared yourselves for bed. Once you got out of you bedroom wearing pajamas, you were ambushed by Jaehwan; placing the Chopper hat on your head, carrying you to his bedroom and laying you on his bed. Just like last night, he was on the left side of the bed and you on the right.

 

 “you is like my Chopper.” He mumbled, tugging you closer. You halted and glared at the boy who had his eyes shut.  

 

“Are you simply saying that I look like an anime deer??”

 

Jaehwan’s eyes flew opened and stared into yours intensesly. “I am simply saying that you is soft and cute.” He grinned smugly after seeing your cheeks turn red. His eyes were now softer than usual, then a smile appeared on his face. “you were you this pretty?”

 

“Are you drunk, Jaehwan?” you pinched his cheek and he winced cutely. He pleaded for you to let go and you did after you got enough satisfaction in seeing him suffer. He rubbed the sore part in a circular motion and pouted.

 

“That hurts~” he reached for your cheek and did the same. You yelped, patting his hand away from you. He laughed and released your cheek. He poked at it and you cried childishly. It was nice that the two of you were acting normal again. You smiled but faded when you were reminded of the missing Chopper.

 

“Jaehwan, I’m really sorry. I promise to go and look for Chopper.”

 

Jaehwan sighed nodding, “Like I said, I’m not mad.” He tucked a strand of hair under your ear and smiled. “Now. I need to get my beauty sleep and I suggest you do the same if you want to be even prettier.”

 

The two of you laughed and when it finally died down, Jaehwan naturally placed his arms around you, pulling you close like what he would usually do with Chopper and you would run your hand through his ever soft hair like last night.

It went for days, turned into weeks and now it was nearing a month. Sleeping next to each other was already normal for both of you. There were even times when you would forget to wear the Chopper hat but he didn’t mind anymore. You also sometimes forget to go to Jaehwan’s room and Jaehwan would just go to your room or when you the two of you would just sleep on the couch with him cuddling you.

Sometimes, even when you two were hanging out with or without friends. He would just hugged you out of nowhere and kept you close. Whenever someone would get close, he would pull you away from that person. The boys noticed Jaehwan’s weird behavior and tease that your friendship have already gone to the next level.

 

All seven of you sat at the living room of your apartment waiting for the food to be cooked by the home chef, Taekwoon. It was a Sunday and every Sunday all of you would meet at the house to eat and watch movies.

You were sitting in between your friends, Hongbin and Sanghyuk, playing a board game when Jaehwan sneaked in and embraced you from behind. “you~” He sang your name in a cute manner and you sang his name back with your focus still on the game.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know that you and you were together.” Hongbin remarked.

 

“It’s like he’s a leech sticking on you.” Sanghyuk laughed at his own joke. “You should get away from him.”

 

Jaehwan taunted the youngest with a fist and muttered a curse. “I’m no leech! I’m cuter than that! I mean really a leech?! You could have think better than that.”

 

Hakyeon who just got out from the kitchen walked in seeing Jaehwan and Sanghyuk ranting on each other. He pulled you out from them and dragged you to the kitchen without even uttering a word. Once the two of you were out of earshot, Hakyeon smiled and told you that Chopper has been found. You gasped and jumped excitedly after hearing the news. “That’s great! Where is he?”

 

Hakyeon pointed someone behind his back. It was Wonsik. He was holding Chopper on one arm and his free hand waved at you. You approached the tall guy and asked where they found Chopper. Wonsik rubbed the nape of his neck nervously and told you that you did leave Chopper in the house back then and that he was on the way to bring Chopper to your apartment that very night but it got accidentally stuck on something sharp and it tore a part of Chopper’s arm. Afraid that Jaehwan might burst, Wonsik brought Chopper to a sewing shop and kept it a secret until now.

You thanked the two of them and asked to hide Chopper for the time being. By the time you and the two boys came back at the living room, Jaehwan pulled you away from Wonsik and Hakyeon. “What were you doing with them? Did Hakyeon and Wonsik bully you? Should I go and let them hear me nag?”

 

“No.” you laughed, thinking of how cute Jaehwan was. “We just talked about something.”

 

Wonsik and Hakyeon sighed, shaking their heads as they watched you and Jaehwan play around. “Such a protective boyfriend.”

 

“Waaa—“

 

Jaehwan heard their comment but before he could even badmouth them, Taekwoon came out and told everyone that the food was ready. Everyone went to the dining room and ate. The night was rowdy, especially with the boys around.  It was a fun night, eventually the boys had to go since it was getting late. You told them to stay but the boys wouldn’t because they don’t want to ‘disturb’ the two of you.

What an odd thing to say.

You walked the boys to the front door while Jaehwan was busy cleaning the mess. They all gave you hugs and kisses and reminded you that Chopper was hiding in your room. You thanked them again and watched them leave. You came back and saw that the apartment was once clean again. For a guy, Jaehwan was sure fast in cleaning. You heard the bathroom door open and saw him came out wearing a hoodie and black shorts. “They left already?” he asked, drying his damp hair with a towel.

 

You nodded. “Jaehwan. Can we talk?”

 

“Sure what about it?” he smiled, letting the towel hang by his shoulder. You smiled, excited that Jaehwan will be reunited with Chopper. You told him to wait from where he stood as you ran to your room and brought Chopper with you for him to see.

 

“JAEHWAN!” you smiled brightly as you showed him Chopper. You carried the large plush toy and handed it to him. “I found it! Well technically it was the guys who did and I didn’t but still! Chopper is back.”

 

Jaehwan took his Chopper from you and stared at it blankly. Stunned that Chopper was back or emotionally unstable after seeing the toy he longed for. You stood next to him and patted his arms, “I guess you won’t be needing me to sleep with you.”

 

Jaehwan still didn’t speak. He walked casually to the living room and gently let Chopper sat on the couch. Odd, you thought. You didn’t expect that Jaehwan’s reaction would be like that. You were hoping to see him cry out loud and hugged the plush doll forever but it was the total opposite.

 

He was rather calm about it.

 

Jaehwan smiled and ruffled your hair, “Thanks for bringing Chopper back but—“ he quickly scooped you bridal-style and placed a soft and quick kiss on your lips. “I don’t need Chopper to sleep anymore. I need someone else.”

 

Your cheeks instantly blushed. He chuckled, delighted to see your reaction. He kissed the tip of your nose and smiled, “Otteokkaji? How about we get some sleep?” You turned to where Chopper was and asked what would happen to Chopper. He grinned and eyed you wittingly. “Let’s just say he’ll be staying in the living room for a long while.”

 

 

----

 

Hihihiihi so here you go guys~ I hope you like it =D a bit rush so yeahhh. sorry about that but still! WAAAAH it's out!! Thanks for checking this out~ I wuv you guyss^^

 

 

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and UPVOTE !!

I might or might not do another chapter but that depends with you guys =D