-Fin

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were young when we met. I was 7 and you were 8, but our age didn't  really matter to me. I don't  call you hyung, I don't treat you like a person older than me, I don't  treat you with "respect" - as what you would always ask, I don't treat you any special than a friend.. but that was years ago, and it all changed since I got to like you.


 

Admire you.


 

And Love you.


 

--


 

We got more closer when we get to Middle school. By then, we gained more friends. You go out with them often. Talk to them all night over the phone. We would have sleepovers once in a while. And along with that.. you have gained a lot of attention too, from both genders.


 

I can't  blame them though.


 

Because who wouldn't admire a person like you?


 

You smile like an angel.


 

The whole class would laugh whenever you do.


 

You are the epitome of perfection.


 

In short.. you are you.


 

We admire you for being you.


 

By that time too, I know something is different with me admiring you, but I was too young to figure it out. So I said in front of the mirror, with a faint smile and a tint of red on my cheek ..


 

I'll ask you to figure it out..



 

Maybe.. Tomorrow.


 

--


 

When we started highschool,  everything got different. Even our friends could tell that we are slightly drifting, but we always cover it up with.. "nothing is wrong" and "we are okay."



 

I didn't really mind it.



 

Because we were sometimes like this too when we were in the middle school. I mean, not this obvious but.. It is somewhat like this.



 

I didn't really mind it.


 

Because I was too confident that at the end of the day, you are still my friend that is going to stick with me.


 

That you are still one of my "friend-perty".


 

And.. I was still in denial of the things I discover myself.


 

But things got more twisted when that quarterback named Kangin came to view. When he confessed that he liked you.


 

When he asked his whole team to help him ask you to go to prom with him.


 

And you said yes.


 

With that, our friendship became mess.


 

I threw a fit. That was the huge fight we ever had just because of that man.


 

I told you you can't and with a taunting tone you asked "why?"


 

"Because it is wrong.. You'll get mocked." I told you.


 

Teary-eyed you asked me; "so is it wrong for me being gay?"


 

I was speechless as you came out officially to me and then ran away.


 

Stupid, I already knew you're gay even before highschool! You just misunderstood what I wanted to say Idiot! But my thoughts were deafened by my own pride.


 

And wasn't  heard even after that prom.



 

Yes.


 

We might have said hi to each other through the hallways, but admit it.. we mean none of it.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter