She was screwed

Splinkton
Please log in to read the full chapter

 
She was Screwed

Wendy lost count on how many times she thought she’d prefer to peacefully lay on her deathbed than to play a single round of Splinkton yet it’s quite ironic when we were to be reminded of the fact that Wendy underestimated both her stupidity and carelessness which led her to be glued onto her chair in a nearby café down the street with a Frappuccino in hand and in all honesty, Wendy’s urge to pour the drink over Seulgi’s head was more than you’d expect.


“Rock, paper, scissors and the one who loses goes first.” Seulgi casually says as if playing Splinkton was the most casual game everyone plays when it was insanely not. Despite Seulgi’s excitement, Wendy had held onto a thin piece of rope called hope, hope for Seulgi to re-evaluate how stupid of a game Splinkton was.

 

Seulgi only earns a piercing glare from Wendy who was obviously deeply disagreeing. It hasn’t started and Wendy could already tell that if they were playing she’d have to move to a new town with a new name to prevent herself from dying of nothing but embarrassment if she were to make the wrong move and be caught because let’s not forget a stranger’s elbow wasn’t something you see everyday.


“Seulgi, I think I need to use the restroo-“ Wendy was supposed to rise up and find an immediate escape route but the tactic of hers already expired when Seulgi already figured it out and fortunately caught her by the wrist.

 

“If you dare leave, the next week university newspaper headline would be about how Wendy Son walked around the campus with no shorts on at midnight because of a bet.” Seulgi mumbles before smirking, Seulgi thought all of this through. She holds the smirk and Wendy bites her lip with no other choice than to stick her on the chair, pulling out her hand to play rock, paper, scissors. She couldn’t believe this.

 

Rock. Paper. Scissors.
Wendy picks rock. Seulgi picks Paper.

 

Goddamit.
Wendy was internally screaming, she swore to the heavens she would’ve burned Seulgi’s hair if she could, she defended it wouldn’t take her two seconds. Seulgi’s teasing smile wasn’t helping her either. Wendy lets out the nth sigh for the day, “What’s the objective of the game anyways?”

 

“Simple, whoever gets the most points wins. If you the elbow of someone who’s alone you’d receive 15 points but if you the elbow of a complete stranger who’s in a group that watches you their friends’ elbow then you get 25 points. You could deduct points by my elbow though.” Seulgi explains professionally better than teaching how to solve any math problem. Wendy bites her lip, there was no way she could do this.

 

Seulgi lightly rolls her eyes, “Fine, to make your job easier, I’ll pick a target for you.” Seulgi says as if picking a target for her would make the situation less nerve wrecking than it already is. Seulgi rolls the menu in her hand and squints her eyes, using the menu as a pathetic telescope finding a victim.

 

This was the moment Wendy was waiting for. A time where Seulgi was distracted as . Screw whatever the headline would say. Nothing in the world would make her do this until Seulgi grabs the collar of her shirt, whilst finding a target, “Don’t you dare leave.” She mumbles, loud enough for Wendy, who was cursing in multiple languages Seulgi couldn’t understand, to hear. 

 

Wendy helplessly pouts when Seulgi drops the menu with a toothy grin.

 

“Found one!”

 

Oh dear god, no she wasn’t going to play. She would never.
 


Wendy was standing stiff like a pole next to the main door of cafe, in front of her was Bae Joohyun. The Bae Joohyun. Bae Joohyun had the beauty that couldn’t be compared to everything ugly and disgusting, she deserved the “The”. Irene earned the title of Goddesss of Peace without even trying, she was pretty without even trying. Irene basically proved perfect exists when she herself served as an example.


Irene was tapping away through her phone with earbuds on. Irene looked like the unsuspecting stranger who wasn’t paying attention at anyone at all with the exception of her one and only phone as to how Seulgi described her. Wendy’s curiosity got over on what Irene was so damn busy about, she sneaked a little peek and it turns out Irene was just playing some stupid game.

 

Wendy traced her eyes on Seulgi who was well aware of the fact of what she was about to do but encouraged her even more by pulling her fists in the air, signaling a sign she could do it. Wendy bites her inner cheek. Wendy was stuck. Wendy was an idiot.

 

Wendy closed her eyes and wanted to get it over with. No matter how many times she’d beg on her knees in front of the great Kang Seulgi, she was bound to do it anyways whether she’d like it or not. Wendy wishes all of this was a dream and was still waiting for that time where the annoying alarm clock would ring and wake her up already, this was more than just a dream, it was a nightmare.

 

She crouches down to be leveled with Irene’s elbow. Who would’ve known there would come a day where Wendy Son would the elbow of Bae Joohyun, out of all the people in the café. Wendy takes the deepest sigh she has ever done, “Kang Seulgi, you’re so dead.”

 

Wendy sticks her tongue out. She leaned in to Irene’s elbow but the bag from Irene’s lap unexpectedly drops on the floor. Irene crouches to pick it up, making Wendy unintentionally Irene’s arm instead.

 

There wasn’t a known fact about arms. .

She was screwed.
 


“I think she took it a little bit too far.”

Wendy whines as a response, she wanted to casually set Seulgi’s collection of Beyoncé albums on fire at this very moment without thinking twice. Her reputation would be down the drain of Seoul in less than a snap of a finger and it’s all because of dumbgi’s fault and whoever invented this infamous Splinkton she never heard of.

 

She messed up big time, “You think so?” Wendy sarcastically murmurs, bringing the ice pack to her stinging red right cheek that Irene’s hand made a mark on. Wendy moves her jaw a little to the side and immediately regrets it. It hurts like hell and despair combined and twisted entering her whole face.


That was quite unexpected from Irene who looks like she c

Please log in to read the full chapter