Cappuccino

Mornings with coffee and instagram

I looked down on my phone to find it lightning up with a new notification.

 

Instagram

@Jinjin021 just posted a photo

 

I smiled slightly and slid my finger over the screen to unlock it. It was just a simple picture of an iceblend, but it looked hella delicious. The drink was in a plastic cup with whipped cream, caramel sauce and to top it all with chocolate sprinkles, behind it stood the exactly

same drink, just with chocolate sauce instead of caramel.

 

Jinjin021: The caramel one is for me, and the chocolate one is for my boss~ I really want to sit down and enjoy my drink here, but work is calling ;(

 

I gasped when I read the letters with blue on the cup. Baresso. I knew that name. It was a shop close to my cozy apartment. But no it couldn’t be… I come there every morning. Actually I was just on my way to just that little coffee shop to get my daily dose of caffeine. Maybe it was a one time visit to that shop? I’ve never seen him there before. Or maybe I have, I wouldn’t know for sure, because he has never posted a picture of himself before. BUT he had a profile picture of himself once, but now he changed it to his cat, Mimi.

 

I hurried to put my phone in my pocket and then I flew out the door. The sound of my footsteps were faster than normal. I spend too much time staring out the window, thinking about that picture of the iceblend. It was sunny outside, which was great, because then I could finally wear that baby pink skirt I bought last month. After my little trip to Baresso, I would go to my college. Fricking morning classes.

 

The small bell over the door rang when I opened the door. The shop was a lot more empty than usually. No one was in line. Perfect. I walked up to the cashier, who I knew by name.

“Hello Sungho, can I get a gelatte superiore caramel?” I asked.

“Sure. Do you want whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles?” He asked. I remembered the picture from this morning and thanked yes.

“Daeil! One gelatte superiore with caramel, whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles,” Sungho yelled for the barista to hear the order. I didn’t tell him my name anymore, because he saw me at least three times a week. I paid and went to sit down on one of the soft chairs while waiting for my drink to be ready. The bell rang over the door, and I naturally turned around to see who came. In this case, it was a man in his twenties, really handsome. I silently watched him while he ordered, I may also have eavesdropped a little bit. His voice from afar was kind of light but smooth. He also went to sit down. I stole quick glances at him, until Sungho called my name and someone named Jinhong. When I stood up the man did the same, so I realized he must be the Jinhong. We reached the counter at the same time. The only different was that I took my drink and he took a quick photo and typed on his phone before getting the cup with his smoothie. He looked up and caught me staring. He just smiled at me and shrugged. I blushed and hurried out.

 

When I came into my class I opened my phone to find a new notification again.

 

Instagram

@Jinjin021 just posted a photo

 

Jinjin021: Boss didn’t want the other drink, so he made me get him a mango banana smoothie… Why is chocolate not good enough? :/

 

I seriously dropped my phone and let a scream out just as the teacher came in. Everyone looked weird at me, but it didn’t matter, the guy I met this morning was Jinjin021! I kept breathing in short gasps of air. The guy’s name was Jinhong, and he was super duper hot. He had a Instagram profile with 3000+ followers, without any pictures of himself. I had thought he would be a little less stunning, if he was too shy to post any selcas, which was such a well known request from his followers. Weird noises which you would most likely compare to dying whale sounds, came out of my mouth somehow. My teacher was already tired of me and sent me out of the class, which was awesome for me, so I could proceed to fangirl. If he came by the shop again tomorrow my inner fangirl would probably get the best of me, and he would get scared of me, and I would embarrass the whole mankind. But skrew everything. Tomorrow I would set the alarm clock half an hour before, and be down at Baresso in hope of meeting him again.



 

The clock rang. I cracked my eyelids open, and sat up in my bed. I hurried to do my morning rituals. Out the door I went and towards Baresso. This time no one was here at all, only Sungho who stood behind the counter.

“Hi Sojin, you’re early today, but what would you like?” He asked leaning over the table in boredom.

“Just a cappuccino. Oh and to stay,” I added. I paid, and stayed to watch Sungho disappear behind the big coffee machine, before I sat down to wait some more. Just like yesterday the bell rang and I turned around only for my eyes to catch a glimp of Jinhong, and then turning back again with a pink blush filling my cheeks. Sungho called me up. Beside me stood Jinhong now ordering an iced americano and an espresso with whipped cream to go. I grabbed my cup of coffee, before I could feel too much as a stalker. Jinhong sat down two seats in front of me, and there I sat staring at his nape. I heard Sungho snickering, and I didn’t even need to think before I knew who he was laughing at. I hurried to remove my eyes down to my cappuccino.

Sungho called Jinhong up to get his drinks. I still looked down at the table, but this time my phone lightened up to tell me;

 

@Jinjin021 just posted a photo

 

I hurried to check it. Yep it was him. It was Jinhong who was behind the username Jinjin021. The guy had posted a picture of exactly the two drinks; an iced americano and an espresso with whipped cream.

 

Jinjin021: The boss wants coffee from the same place again… But this time I have time to stay for a little longer ^^

 

I was too busy freaking out inside my mind to see the person standing in front of me.

“Excuse me, can I sit down?” The person asked.

“Ye-” I started saying just as I looked up, “-yes,” I stuttered with a squeak. Jinhong sat down smiling at me like, he hadn’t caught me staring.

“You bought a cappuccino huh? I like to base people of their taste in drinks, and from what I can say about cappuccino is; you are obsessive, creative, honest and motivated. You also make excellent friends, but gets bored of them, if they are unimaginative. Am I right?” He asked while sipping from his iced americano. I was blown away by how talkative he was, even though we were strangers. I just sat there nodding dumbly. He chuckled at me and fireworks exploded inside my brain. I, me, Sojin made him chuckle.

“What about your drink then?” I got said, with a small blush crawling onto my cheeks. He smiled god likely at me again.

“Iced americano? I’m outspoken and assertive, I don’t need something gigantic to make me happy, small things count just as much. Also I like straws,” he added with a sheepish smile which killed me.

“I follow you on Instagram,” I said breathless. He didn’t looked surprised at all.

“Wow I was really not wrong when I said you were honest,” he laughed awkwardly. I felt the blush shifting from a light pink to a red tomato, so I hid my face in my hands.

“I actually kind of know you follow me. I checked your profile many times, I was just a little bit too shy to push the follow button.” My eyes widened and looked directly into his eyes, before both of us darted our looks down to our drinks. For a minute or something we sat in silent, then I saw my screen lightning up from a notification

 

Instagram

@Jinjin021 started following you

 

“You- you just followed me,” I stated. He nodded and blushed, but not as much as me. I slightly felt as an idiot.

“I need to go to work or my boss will get angry… But first would you mind giving me your number?” He asked handing his phone out for me to take it. I did and wrote my number adding my name as Sojin.

“I will text you, and I hope you will say yes, when I ask you out for a date later,” He hurried to say the last, and then said goodbye, without me being able to give him my answer. I smiled warmly and whispered to myself, “of course I am going to say yes.”

 

 

 

A/N

AYYYY~ So what you think about this short story? I'm not in the 24K fandom... So I just kinda took Sungho because he looks like V from BTS, and I chose Daeil because he looked handsome. I still can't believe the fandom haven't writtin about Jinhong yet TT-TT 

Again, please enjoy this story my dears<3