This is enough for me

Only One Shots (BTS)

                            'He loves me, he loves me not, or maybe we are only meant to be friends and nothing more?' These type of thoughts always seemed to pass by Hoseok a lot at random recently. He would usually just shake the thoughts off and eventually forget them, and has gotten good at forgetting them quickly so he could focus on more important things. Currently the important thing in question was the pile of dishes that were made during their youngest member, Jeon Jungkook's birthday party. It looked like they had a huge party that had 20 plus people instead of just the eight that lived there. The longer he looked at the tower of filthy dishes, the more dread he felt. He knew that it was going to take him forever to do all of them but it was going to take him even longer if he kept just standing there, so he started scrubbing. After a small bulk was washed, the drying wrack was completely filled.....and he wasn't even half way done.
                 
"Need some help?" Hoseok looked over his shoulder to see Jimin standing in the entrance to the kitchen with a amazed look on his face. Hoseok gave a small smile and motioned him over. He would wash the dishes and Jimin would dry and put them away. The dishes were starting to flow a lot quicker now and that made Hoseok feel unbelievably happy. 
                 
 "That was a fun party though, even if doing all these dishes was the price, right?" Jimin chuckled while poking his elbow into his shoulder. Hoseok couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm.
                  
"Yeah! Of course! When have we ever had a bad party though?" 
                  
"True......Hey,you think Kookie liked my present? I think I got the shirt he wanted and he did have a...brighter Jungkook smile? Unless I just imaged it was brighter." Jimin said with a roll of laughter. Hoseok felt himself get a little down at the mention of Jungkook, but smiled anyway.
                  
"I think he really liked it." Jimin got a bigger smile from the response.
                  
"Yeah, and it's at least better than the gift you gave him Hyung."
                  
"Hey! Gift cards are the next best thing to straight paper money or a check." The both laughed, but Hoseok only felt bitter sweet.

 

                           After the dishes were finished, the two of them joined everyone else in the living room for a movie. Being that it was Jungkook's birthday, he picked the movie they were going to watch. He, of course, chose a horror film. Hoseok hated horror anything and he knew Jimin felt the same, but instead of being weary, he seemed excited. Jimin plopped down on the couch next to Jungkook with a big smile on his face, making Hoseok feel a sting of jealousy. He ended up sitting on the floor between their legs. It was a snug fit, but was really comfortable and easier to hide from the horrors that awaited him in this movie. After about 20 minutes into the movie, Hoseok was already scared and was watching through his fingers. Every little sound had him jumping and burying his face into Jimin's leg yelping; Jimin was holding a pillow up to his nose and would get startled when Hoseok jumped, making the others laugh. Towards the end of the movie, Hoseok was on the brink of tears and wishing the movie was over 30 minutes ago. He glanced up to look at Jimin who was looking at Jungkook's face over the pillow he was holding, making Hoseok feel that sting of jealousy return. He ended up looking back at the movie while hugging one of Jimin's legs. However he was more focused on holding onto Jimin than actually watching the movie. 

 

                            "Wasn't that movie awesome?" Jungkook said as the credits rolled on the TV. Taehyung laughed as he flipped the light switch on and ran over to squeeze in between Jungkook and Jimin. He patted Jimin's shoulder and Hoseok's back as he continued to laugh.                                                                                            "I thought you two were going to die! Are you guys okay?" He managed to say between breaths with tears streaming down his face. Jimin shrugged his hand off his shoulder and gave him a sharp glare. 
                   "Pfft, I'm fine. I was fine through the whole movie so if you're going to worry about anyone, worry over this Hyung." Jimin said while ruffling up Hoseok's hair. 
                   "Yeah, yeah, I was a chicken. But I saw you flinch too Jiminie." Hoseok said while pinching Jimin's cheeks.  While Jimin was squirming to get out of his hold, Hoseok noticed Jungkook stealing glances at Jimin; he had the same look in his eyes that Jimin did when he looked at him. The same look that Hoseok probably had when he looked at Jimin. Hoseok's heart ached, he completely understood the situation, but he wondered if Jimin ever noticed that the makane had his eyes set on him as well. He quickly pulled Jimin to his feet and began to head down the hall.
                    "Excuse us everyone. I'm going to borrow Jiminie for a sec!"
                    "Whoa, what's up all of a sudden Hyung?" Hoseok tried to get his thoughts together, but the ache in his heart kept messing up the order and they ended up spilling out into verbal words.
                     "Jimin, what do you think of me? What do you honestly feel for me?" He asked as he  gently backed Jimin into a wall and held his shoulders. Jimin stared at him with wide eyes then quickly glanced at the ground before looking back towards Hoseok's face. 
                     "You're my brother and close friend. I care and love you like a big brother....and nothing more." Hoseok felt his face cringe up a little at the words and part of him wanted to ask if he was really telling the truth, but he knew that the words he was hearing were the truth. He felt like something was turning his stomach upside down and his  intestines were now crushing his heart. 
                     "Really? Nothing more? But... But I like you. More than just a brother, and I know you like Jungkookie. And I... I think he might... feel the same way about you." Hoseok could feel the sting of tears forming in his eyes. Jimin looked at Hoseok in shock, his eyes were wide and his mouth hung open. He stood like that for a little bit, then looked at Hoseok's feet.
                      "I'm sorry Hyung. I just don't feel the same." he said then quietly walked around Hoseok. He felt weak in the knees, like Jimin left with all his energy so Hoseok rested his head against the wall and felt some tears spill down his face. All he wanted to do was go and hide somewhere for a few weeks or months...or years. He thought years sounded good, even though he knew he couldn't do that with promotions coming up, which stressed him out more. 'I'm such a idiot. A messy,messy, idiot who has probably messed up his relationship with one of the closest people to him.' The thought only made him cry harder, the tears falling faster and whimpers coming in between breaths. 
                       "Hyung?" Hoseok jumped at the sound of the voice. Taehyung was standing at the end of the hall with a slightly worried expression. 
                       "Oh! Hey, Tae! What's up?" He wiped his tears and tried to speak without his voice cracking or shaking while putting on the best smile he could muster. However the more he focused on keeping his voice neutral, more tears would sneak down his face. Hoseok looked down at his feet to hide his face. He felt small and wished he had a paper bag to put over his head instead of having his tear soaked face out in the open. Suddenly he was pulled into a tight embrace, Taehyung was holding him. He started to the back of Hoseok's head while humming him a song and it made him feel so warm and safe; His deep voice was vibrating his chest, giving unexpected comfort. Hoseok rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder and released all of the feelings he had inside of himself. 

                               Hoseok felt a little better after about 20 minutes of sorting out his emotions but he wasn't ready to leave Taehyung's warm embrace. The two of them were sitting on the floor with their arms wrapped around each other with the faint sound of the others laughing from the living room. Hoseok glanced up at Taehyung who was brushing his fingers through Hoseok's hair and a question came to his mind.
                         "How long were you standing at the end of the hall?" Taehyung looked at him, a slight blush forming on his cheeks. He scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat before he started speaking.
                         "Well...um....Not for too long. Just the parts after you pushed Jimin against the wall, that's all." Hoseok felt his face flush. He heard the whole thing, from confession to rejection. Hoseok wanted to say something but all he could manage was a 'mmhmm' and a slight nod. Taehyung stared at him for a little bit then sighed as he took both of Hoseok's hands in his.
                         "I don't know if this is a good time to tell you this but I'm gonna do it anyway. Hyung, I've always had a crush on you. I've had a crush on you since the first time you made me laugh. Again, I know this might be a bad time for this confession, but I really want you to know that I'll always be here for you and to protect you.....Oh! And also to let you know that I love you, Hyung." Taehyung gave a big smile while giving his hands a gentle squeeze of assurance. Hoseok was shocked by his sudden words but also felt deeply touched; Almost to the point where he was going to start crying again. All he could do now was pull Taehyung into a hug. His heart was still in chaos, but now his mind was at ground level and he knew he could pull himself back together and he saw Taehyung in a new light. Maybe things really will be okay. Maybe it was okay to let Jimin go. Maybe he should give his heart to someone who was already silently protecting it. Hoseok took a breath and looked toward the near future and gave a small smile at the possibilities. Finally his mind was clear.



 




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Okay another one done ^^ 
I hope you guys find this on okay too so please comment and let me know your thoughts <3 
Thank you